Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Rainier Repairs

123457»

Comments

• angryinct1angryinct1 Member Posts: 25
    Ok thanks, really don't have the money with rent and still making payments on this piece of junk but will have to miss a bill or two to get it fixed. :(
  • rainier_ownerrainier_owner Member Posts: 1
    2005 Rainier owner with many of the same problems as posted here. I called my dealer today, they will do the fuel level sensor repair now (luckily I am under 120,000 miles--that's the cutoff) and they will pay 100%. Was originally covered at 50% but GM changed it to cover the entire 100%.

I'll ask the dealer for any other recall / repair info when I take it in.

I hope this is it. I'm at 102,000 mi, was planning on getting another couple years or 50K more miles at least.
  • bubba81bubba81 Member Posts: 3
    I just removed my 'transfer case actuator motor' . . drove 'round the block, works fine so far.
    Yes, probably RWD only, but i'm in S.Fla. ... so, if you do not need AWD, at a minimum, a short term solution to git you rolling. No more binding, 'bumping' during deceleration, whining, etc. Long term, TBD...

Jack stands, 4 small bolts & a little effort . . unplug elec. connection... Viola !
    There is a spline shaft into the transfer case that moves freely in-out, i'm not sure which position is correct (assuming, out)

I'ts on the transfer case, driver side (mid-door)... looks like a small starter motor. It is separate from the transfer case, no transfer of fluids.

*NOTE - if you're researching to buy a Rainier ... check for this
    (God bless you if you are)
    I just removed my 'transfer case actuator motor' . . drove 'round the block, works fine so far.
    Yes, probably RWD only, but i'm in S.Fla. ... so, if you do not need AWD, at a minimum, a short term solution to git you rolling. No more binding, 'bumping' during deceleration, whining, etc. Long term, TBD...

Jack stands, 4 small bolts & a little effort . . unplug elec. connection... Viola !
    There is a spline shaft into the transfer case that moves freely in-out, i'm not sure which position is correct (assuming, out)

I'ts on the transfer case, driver side (mid-door)... looks like a small starter motor. It is separate from the transfer case, no transfer of fluids.
    edited November 2013
    Your local auto parts store has replacement - aftermarket air bags that will slip right in. Problem is, if any other parts are bad; hoses, pump, sensor, etc ( as in my case) you'll pay your mech. to do the job twice.

+/- $200 each case, from same auto parts store.

Obviously, you'll not have load leveling ..

... JACK STANDS... under the frame, not the axle . . twist the old air bags, there is a clip on top of the unit, push it down to bypass the flange on the bottom of the frame ... 'clip' the air hose flush with the old bag.

If you're re-installing air bags just push the old hose into the top of the new air bags. Twist the new air bags into position, ensuring the 'clip' actuates on the frame. (BTW, not recommended-$)

Coil conversion requires lowering the axle enough to insert the uncompressed coil spring. (shocks will need to be disconnected to do this) Rotate the coils into position, raise axle enough to reconnect the shocks . . Voila !
    (you'll need to pull air pump fuse under the hood)
  • lwallinglwalling Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 Buick Rainier, and both heated seat switches light when you press them but won't engage. Is this a relay problem or fuse problem, and if so,where are they located
  • mannyr5653mannyr5653 Member Posts: 1

I got a 2004 Buick Rainier V8 AWD, and I've recently noticed a sound coming from the rear of the truck when going over bumps on the road. Its more of a metal clunk sound which can only be heard when I drive on roads with lots of bumps or potholes, etc. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated! :)

• rainier3rdtxrainier3rdtx Member Posts: 1

Has anyone else had transmission failures with 2004 Rainiers? First transmission lasted 45911 miles and second transmission lasted 51125, past 50k warranty. Started as missing feeling in third gear with speedometer fluctuations in third gear between the speeds of 40-60.

• lizabuglizabug Member Posts: 1

So I just found this site...AWESOME! I have been reading all of the complaints on the Buick Rainier and have experienced most of them including replacement of door handles 3 times now. But I would like to know just how many complaints does their need to be before something is done about it? I purchase my Rainier when it had only 14,000 miles on it and within a month I had to go have the 1 door handle replaced. So far I have had the Air suspension (compressure) replaced, rear diff., and the gas gauge. This is the first Buick that I have ever purchased and THE LAST!

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252

@lizabug said:
    So I just found this site...AWESOME! I have been reading all of the complaints on the Buick Rainier and have experienced most of them including replacement of door handles 3 times now. But I would like to know just how many complaints does their need to be before something is done about it? I purchase my Rainier when it had only 14,000 miles on it and within a month I had to go have the 1 door handle replaced. So far I have had the Air suspension (compressure) replaced, rear diff., and the gas gauge. This is the first Buick that I have ever purchased and THE LAST!

Hi lizabug,

I recognize your frustration and apologize that you've experienced trouble with your Buick Rainier. If there is anything we can do to help address your concerns, please feel free to private message us with your full contact information, VIN, mileage and dealership.

Thank you,

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care

• superzz1superzz1 Member Posts: 1
    We Bought a 2006 Buick Rainier with 2000 miles in 2006.The wife Loved it until we hit 65,000 miles,haven't stopped dropping money into it since.Week after we bought it the battery needed replacing.2 starters,3 outside door handles paint to match,fuel pump,fuel accuator,throttle body,alternator,wheel bearings 3 times,water pump,oil sensor under timing cover,power steering pump,4 power steering line repairs, over a thousand dollars to replace lines,battery again,conversation coil spring kits kept chasing air ride problems,rear inner oil seals,4 wheel disc brake rebuilds 3 times,rack and pinion replaced twice,total rebuild of tie rods,upper,lower ball joints,serpentine belt and tensioner,idler Pullies,twice,blower motor,blower motor actuator, o2 sensors twice,exhaust,timing solenoid.Now the front end is swaying all over so it sits because I'm out with a work injury.I have have been a GM owner for 42 years fed up.we presently own3 GMs,Just replaced the 4th one with a Volkswagen.Her Buick has 200,00 miles on it and we're talking about replacing the Buick but not until I can go back to work.Hava always bought GM but her next car will probably be a import,Shame on you GM for building such crap.My friend is a veteran mechanic told me to stay away from GM unless I have a big wallet!