Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Veracruz Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• peteyboy30peteyboy30 Member Posts: 34
    How much is the remote start? Anyone?
  • iamknottiamknott Member Posts: 82
    When will the 09 Veracruz show up at the dealerships?
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter is looking to talk with consumer who bought a Hyundai in January and was "assured" by the Hyundai Assurance program. Please send your email address and phone number to jfallon@edmunds.com today, February 4, 2008, if you fit the bill.
  • ttlttlttlttlttlttl Member Posts: 24
    We bought a 2008 SE, FWD the first week of Jan 2009 for $23000 (after $4000 rebate) + tax & fees. I think we got a good deal. We live in the metro Detroit area.
  • nacenace Member Posts: 45
    peteyboy, congradulations on your purchase. i am also considering a veracruz se. could you advise as to, how much under invoice did you pay (without rebate) ? thank you
  • peteyboy30peteyboy30 Member Posts: 34
    I haven't purchased anything yet, I think you meant to reply to ttlttlttl :) Trust me, wish I did buy... working on a house though :)
    Open the driver's door and look at the metal plate with manufacturing date info. You can guess how long the car has been sitting at the lot. Dealers are willing to give extra discount to move the car out of the lot if it has been sitting for a while.
  • selooseloo Member Posts: 606
    Any options?
  • epik15epik15 Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for the info, ttlttlttl. How are you liking the SE so far?

nace, invoice for the 2008 SE w/o any additional packages is $26,983 so without the $4000 cashback he paid just about the invoice price. ttlttlttl, did you get a good rate?
    thank you for the information.
    i am told that hyundai will include an additional cash insentive during the upcomming chicago auto show. so within the next two weeks i should have a new veracruz awd se. i will share my experience with this forum.
  • acdiiacdii Member Posts: 753
    A 38K+ list for $29K? Sounds like a deal to me, wish they were dealing like that when I got mine!
    Noise and vibration are very low. Gas mileage is at 16.9 mpg with 500 miles on the odometer. The liftgate requires a lot of force to shut. My wife didn't close it fully one time. After a couple of days, the battery level drained too low to start the engine.

Low 5% interest rate.
  • rick2456rick2456 Member Posts: 320
    That is pretty good. I just bought a 2008 SE AWD (no options except for mats and roof rack bars) for 22500, plus tag & tax, but I had a 6000 rebate (4000 plus 2000 hyundai owners rebate). I already have a Santa Fe and thought this would be a good addition at an awesome price.
  • rkolovichrkolovich Member Posts: 3
    The 2008's are difficult to come by and I've been told that the 2009's are only weeks away. The salesman wouldn't or couldn't give me an information on the differences between a 2008 and '09. I searched for a few weeks for a black one with the dark saddle interior with NAV. The only one I could find had almost 5,000 miles on it and it had never been titled. I live in the Washington, D.C., N. VA, Baltimore area and there are a few black ones with rear DVD. I eventually found a deep blue one with beige interior. I ended buying from N. VA a couple of days ago. MSRP was $38,725...this in the Limited AWD with Navigation, roof cross rails and floor mats. With all of the rebates, $4,000 plus $2,000 VIP I ended up spending $29,425 which included freight and processing fee.
    excause my ignorance, but what does $2000.00 vip mean? also the your cost of
    $29425, is tax included? thank you
    Probably the $2,000 Hyundai loyalty thing. Where if you already own a Hyundai, you get it.

Can anyone shed some light on this? What if you buy an old $500 Hyundai or something like that lol.
    Yes you can.

I had a dealer offer me a $500 Hyundai to get the $2000 rebate, then they wanted a $500 Doc Fee. I walked.
    Actually most dealerships around me are saying about $500 doc fee. Or did you mean $500 doc for the for $500 car?

But still in that case you're saving $1,000 right? For the $2000 loyalty you would otherwise have not gotten?

I'm currently looking at a 08' Limited that's got an internet price of $27,000. I want to see if I can get them into the 24k/25k area.
    Not sure about the Doc Fee for the $500 car, but they wanted a $500 Doc Fee for the new car. The fee is unjustified, I will not pay it.
    It doesn't look like I'll be able to get them to budge much on the 08' Limited.

Maybe $26,000-$26,500.
    Can anyone advise me on how much less a Veracruz with 5,000 miles on it is worth? Never been titled, will be sold as new. It's a demo unit apparently.

Say the dealer has 2 Limited, one 0 miles and the other 5,000.

How much less should the demo cost?
    Ended up with a never before titled 08' Veracruz Limited FWD w/ carpets and roof racks w/ 4,900 miles on it for $23,000 + $1,800 for Extended warranty to 10 years + $495 doc fee + TTL and 1 year free oil changes. So $26,223 out the door.

I feel so so about the deal but I'm glad I'm at home now it's been a long day. The extended warranty seems to be 3rd party though. Even though they tried to keep saying it's official Hyundai or whatever. But they assured me it's accepted everywhere so we'll see. What's really lame is there is a $100 deductible for it. But it's supposed to cover some wear and tear things too. No brakes or windshield wiper blades unfortunately.
  • kcrawkcraw Member Posts: 1
    what dealer did you buy from??
  • djpkdjpk Member Posts: 12
    I went to the dealer over the weekend to look at Veracruz FWD limited with DVD option. It has 4500 miles on it. They offered me 10k off MSRP. It comes out around 26500 + tax and tag. Is this good deal?

thanks.
  • rjwilrjwil Member Posts: 9
    Looking at a new 2008 SE AWD w/ leather & rear ent. package. MSRP $37,075 I can take it for $25,800 incl. 2k loyalty & 4k manf. rebate. Anybody seen anything better?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    A national business reporter is looking to speak to consumers who purchased a Hyundai because of the Assurance Program (or Assurance Program Plus). Please send your daytime phone number to ctalati@edmunds.com by Friday, March 13, 2009.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• rick2456rick2456 Member Posts: 320
    11k off MSRP? Take it and run.
    Ended up with an 08 Limited AWD w/nav. MSRP $39,400....took it for $28,492 incl dest but not TTL. I think it was a good deal, hope it helps somebody else get a nice deal.
  • seaweed20seaweed20 Member Posts: 30
    Where are you located? Which dealer? I am looking for the same car.
    Northern NJ/Southern NY. email me and I'll give you the info. ronjwil1@gmail.com
  • natonato Member Posts: 9
    Dealer on Route 1 South is offering 30% off MSRP on all 09, the veracruz i looked at was 38K so you can get it for 28.8
  • canuck100canuck100 Member Posts: 1
    OK the 30% reduction on the 2009 seems odd since there is no 2009 on the US web site.
  • dawn4kidsdawn4kids Member Posts: 1
    Anyone in Raleigh-Durham area have a recommendation on which dealer and best deal you got on the limited?
  • njblokenjbloke Member Posts: 6
    I am interested in a 08 GLS Veracruz. Edmunds states an MSRP of 27,795, invoice of 26,422 and a TMV of 25,834. Factoring in the 4K rebate, I should be looking at $21,834. I would like to get this for 19.5-21K - do you think this is possible? Some posters seem to have gotten 25-30% off MSRP - but usually for higher-end models. I will most likely be paying cash for this (not sure if this matters).

Also, I am concerned about buying a one year old car. I am not sure how much the car has depreciated even though it is technically "new".

FYI - I wanted to lease this, but the dealer I went to yesterday said no programs are available and you can only purchase a Veracruz.

Appreciate any questions/comments. I am in Northern NJ. Thanks much!
    I got $11k off MSRP on a sticker of $39k. Although that deal included the $2k loyalty, I think you should be able to beat the TMV by $1000-1500. You might have some trouble finding a FWD though, most I saw were the AWD.
    Rjwill is correct, $10-11K off the MSRP is the current target price.

Watch out for dealers trying to pad the MSRP with ad-ons, and BS closing fees.

One dealer tried to add $1K to MSRP and $500 in extra fees. Walk away from these clowns.

Good Luck!
  • cintiwestguycintiwestguy Member Posts: 10
    Need to buy another vehicle and seems my wife and I both like the AWD Limited. What Greater Cincinnati dealers are good to work with and what target price should I be looking at. Is the $10-$11k off still valid for 09's? Where are the 09's?

Thanks for the information. :)
    These are 08 deals.

Good Luck!
  • doulosxidoulosxi Member Posts: 3
    One dealer in Greensboro/Winston-Salem area in NC quoted me the following for a veracruz SE:

MSRP 30,150
    INTERNET PRICE 27,500
    REBATE 4,000
    TOTAL INTERNET PRICE 23,500
    TAX 825
    TAG AND TITLE FEES 138
    DEALER DOC FEE 597.20
    TOTAL OUT THE DOOR PRICE 25,060.20

What do you think? I just found out about 2K loyalty. Should I ask for $21,500? Is this a good price? How about dealer doc fee of $597.20? I would appreciate it if someone would advise me how much I should pay for a 2008 SE. Thanks.
    We almost purchased a Veracruz, during our discussions with the dealer, we were able to get $10K off the MSRP. The Doc Fee is a padding fee for the dealer's pocket. During our talks, the dealer offered to cut the fee in half.

I believe $20,500 with all dealer fees is a fair price. It depends on the dealership, one dealer was ready to give me $10K off deal, the dealership in the next town offered a $6K off deal for basically the same car. There is a lot of factory to dealer $ in Hyundai deals.

Good Luck!
    Wow, 10K off the MSRP? Sounds really great. Why did you pass? What did you get instead?

Now $20,500 with all dealer fees - Do you mean the out the door price? I didn't think it was possible....
  • jlindhjlindh Member Posts: 282
    Out The Door price is the price you must pay before you can walk "out the door". Everything included. The dealer is not going to let you out the door without paying the tax, for instance. Don't understand why this is so difficult.
    We did not buy the Veracruz, it was too small for my family, plus we found the front seats to be uncomfortable during our extended test drive.

$20,500 dealer fee included, then you add TTL.

Remember, we are talking about money, yours or the dealer's, so put on your game face.

Good Luck!
    Thank you for your response. You've been a great help.

I don't think my dealder will do $20,500. I am not a hyundai owner, so I don't think i can get an extra $2000 off. Do you think $22,500 is a good price?

Thanks.
    I am not a Hyundai owner, and they still offered me that deal.

Good Luck!
  • jojijoji Member Posts: 3
    Hey everyone,

I am currently leasing a Santa Fe with 4 months left the lease and love it. I am looking at the VC and have an offer of 29K for 08 limited w/ nav & BT but dealer says he can't go any lower since they have pay final 4 months of Sant Fe lease; $319 per month.

Since I am turning in a Hynundai, is this guy telling the truth that their dealership will have to continue paying the lease or is he pulling my leg. I see others getting 10K - 11K off MSRP but I am only at 9K+.

Thanks!
  • pinevalleyitepinevalleyite Member Posts: 19
    Now I'm thinking I made a bad deal. We just bought the Veracruz GS (standard model) in NJ. Got sick of shopping around for different vehicles over the course of a month. Had a price at one dealer for $21,874. Another dealer agreed to $21,500. The 3rd dealer knew we were shot from shopping and offered us $21,324 which we took. Now I'm reading I should have gotten about $10K off? That would have brought me to $17K? That seems too cheap? What are your thoughts?
    At the point, it does not matter.

Be happy with your deal and do not look back.

Enjoy your new car!
    We just bought the 08 GLS Veracruz yesterday. Very little left out there. Live in Northern NJ. Got a price of $21.8 (includes the $4k cash back) for the basic model. Went elsewhere and got $21.5. Final dealership offered us $21.3 bottom line price. Seems that's about as low as we were going to get it for, but now that I read the forum, it seems some people think $10K off MSRP is target. Just can't imagine any of the dealers, as hungry as they are, could afford to give us the car for a low of $17K. I think I did ok, but if I ran around a little more, who knows, maybe I could have gotten them down to $20K? Don't know.
    You're right! I could make myself crazy. I do the same thing after I buy airline tix. I just keep checking the site and hoping the price goes up so I got a good deal and if the price decreases, I kick myself for not waiting longer! We all have our issues!