Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs

Comments

• eddiemoseseddiemoses Member Posts: 1
    Hello Guys,

I live in Jordan (middle-east). I found a 2008 GMC acadia that was imported from the US, but the VIN number consists of 18 digits. When I tried to lookup the car on carfax, it says it is invalid (there is not even a way to enter an eighteen digit vin number). The VIN number should not be more than 17 digits, so I am not sure what is going on?

Any thoughts about this issue? Any way to check the history of the car in the US considering the 18 digits VIN?

Best
    Eddie
  • airguardguyairguardguy Member Posts: 2
    After reading "octoberblue" response above, and note the 9 month old posting, I am faced with the same dilemma about replacing my DRL. Contrary to many postings within this Forum, I've been nothing but pleased with my 2007 Acadia SLT 4WD (96,000 miles), so much so that my daughter bought a 2011 Acadia.

However, I bought replacement DRL bulbs yesterday and now trying to find a website that guides the replacement process. Can someone direct me to a site? From reading several posts on this topic, don't want to (1) send $300 to have the dealer do this, and (2) hope to find a reasonable process to minimize scraped knuckles and attacking the wrong way.

Appreciate any assistance. Thanks, Air Guard Guy
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    You will need to lower the plastic wheel housing by removing the tabs and screws. Since this is your first attempt I would recommend removing the tire. Once more adept, removing the tire is unnecessary. The wheel housing is two piece and removing the front facing piece is all that's required to gain access to the headlights. Relatively easy but time consuming.
  • tmiller87tmiller87 Member Posts: 5
    I purchased my Acadia 2008 and really love my car. But over the past two years I have noticed that I been having problems with my steering. I have taken my car to my local GMC dealership, (not where I purchase the car) and been having my maintenance done there. On several occassion I have informed them that I was having problems with my steering and they told me that they have checked it out. The only problem they see is that I needed new tires. Fine so I purchase new tires, car works fine for a couple weeks, then I go to make a left turn and car wouldn't turn. No it wasn't raining. I took it back and the rep. said that she also felt the problem and proceeded to check it out also. Again, said nothing is wrong, so I have been just dealing with it. But the final straw is when I'm driving and go to make a turn and car won't turn all the way. Thank god I had the sense to stop before hitting another vehicle. So here is my question. Has anyone else had problems with their steering? And is this repair covered under my warranty?
  • airguardguyairguardguy Member Posts: 2
    Obyone - Followed your instructions and all is well. After trying to work around the wheel housing with tire on, finally realized "this is stupid" so removed wheel. Able to remove housing without ruining any tabs, and got to the DRL bulb. Took some time replacing the bulb back in compartment, as the space is tight for hand work. I was able to complete the replacement at a cost of $6.75 (for two bulbs)....a good deal, thanks to your assistance.

Appreciate your information.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Good morning tmiller87,

Thanks for posting! If we can follow up with your dealership on this, please send an email to socialmedia@gm.com with: your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership as well as the date of your appointment. My coworker Christina, who answers inbound emails from the forum, will advise you further.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Glad it helped.
    Hello Eddie,

I would be happy to see if there's any information I could get to if you wanted to send me the last 8 digits of the VIN (email it to socialmedia@gm.com).

Take care,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • hbacadiahbacadia Member Posts: 7
    I am also a 2007 Acadia owner 30,000 miles that is experiencing a loss of power steering sometimes, during damp to wet conditions. I am attempting to get this dangerous issue seriously addressed and dealt with. For the past 2 yrs I have had this occur putting myself and others in danger. The bottom line is my dealership claims to not have any knowledge of the cause of this issue! Although I have seen a lot of posts just on this website. They have added splash guards last year and that did not fix it. I am afraid to drive this car during any wet conditions. This is an extremely dangerous situation. I am asking anyone else who has experienced this problem to please contact me as I am looking to compile a list of those affected by this on this website and others in an attempt to get it addressed by GM.
    Did you ever get anywhere with your loss of steering issue. I to have the same issue and am trying to get some type of resolution.
    Thanks, I have been out of town and just got back in. Will get that information up tomorrow (Monday April 2,) and send you an email. I really appreciate your help on this matter.

Tmiller87
    I've been out of town and haven't checked my email till today. I'm suppose to send name of my dealer that I purchase car from and the dealership that has been doing my maintenance tomorrow. I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one having the problem with my steering. Will let you know what happens.

Tmiller
    Our pleasure! Looking forward to hearing more from you,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • homewardhomeward Member Posts: 3
    I also have a 2007 Acadia and have experienced steering problems in wet weather. I brought it to the GM Dealer and mentioned that several others have complained about the lack of steering in wet weather/puddles --- the Service Manager became very indignant when I mentioned the internet postings (Edmunds) and brushed the whole matter aside.

I have 2 Acadias --- 2007 & 2008 --- I never had a problem with the 2008 and steering. It is the 2007.

Recently I found another dearler -- 25 miles away -- and brought the 2007 to them. Hopefully they have fixed the problem ----I haven't used the car recently but will soon.
    homeward,

I hope that your new dealership was able to remedy the steering concerns you were experiencing! Be sure to update on how everything holds up, and if we can be of any assistance we're happy to look into this further.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    I would like to know what your dealer did to try to resolve this issue. I also own a 2007 Acadia that began having this problem in 2010 33,000 miles. I have been trying to get this taken care of since. They installed "splash guards" last year and that did not fix the problem. Last week they installed a new belt that they were told would help to displace the water better that is getting up there (because of poor design of fender area and placement of power steering motor). They know they can't fix it, only try to improve or cut down on it occuring! I just got the car back yesterday,and only time will tell! This is insane and a very stressful situation.
    I would like to know what your dealer did to try to resolve this issue.
    I also own a 2007 Acadia that began having this problem in 2010 33,000 miles. I have been trying to get this taken care of since. They installed "splash guards" last year and that did not fix the problem. Last week they installed a new belt that they were told would help to displace the water better that is getting up there (because of poor design of fender area and placement of power steering motor). They know they can't fix it, only try to improve or cut down on it occuring! I just got the car back yesterday,and only time will tell! This is insane and a very stressful situation.
  • cherielbcherielb Member Posts: 1
    Funny you should mention this as I just came back from my dealership yesterday with an estimate of $3500.00 plus taxes. I have had a whining noise in my steering for ever. i had it checked November 2010 and was told that they couldn't hear anything, then I went back 5 minutes later so they could hear it and was told that it was normal sounds. I now am told that I need a new power steering gear hose and power steering gear. Also I had my right front strut replaced back in November at 48500 km because of clunking noise and now I need BOTH left and right struts and bushings replaced! I should add before anyone replies that I baby my car and I have only 64000 km on my 2008. Any thoughts please?
    Good morning cherielb,

Have you already been in contact with GM of Canada (I'm assuming you're from Canada as you're using km as your unit of measure)? They can look into your situation further and are able to be reached at 800-263-3777 (Customer Assistance, Hours: M-F 7:30am - 11:30pm, Sat 7:30am - 6:00 EST).

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • aoleacadiaaoleacadia Member Posts: 3
    :shades: WELL GANG,I TRADED IN MY 08 ACADIA FOR A 2012 CRV.BETTER MPG,LOWER MONTHLY $,AND PIECE OF MIND.BECAUSE I WAS WONDERING WHEN IT WAS GOING BROKE AGAIN . CAUSE THE REBUILT TRANNY WAS SHUTTERING WHILE IN PARK AND IT STARTED JERKING JUST PULLING OUT OF MY DRIVEWAY. THE DEALER (DELUZ CHEVY)SAID "IT'S JUST DIRT INSIDE THE WAY". I TOLD THEM IF THE BRAND NEW TRANNY THAT CAME WITH THE CAR (0 MILES) FAILED @31,***MILES,WHAT'S BETTER ABOUT THE REBUILT ONE YOUR REPLACING IT WITH????? ANSWER:WELL THATS ALL GM IS OFFERING. SO I SAID I AIN'T PAY 5**.** A MONTH FOR A CAR THAT MIGHT (I NOW IT WILL) BREAK AGAIN.MY WIFE & KIDS RIDE IN IT EVERYDAY.I HAD NO PIECE OF MIND WHEN I WAS OUT OF TOWN FOR WORK. MY OHANA IS EVERYTHING TO ME.THEY ARE THE REASON I WAKE UP AND WORK HARD EVERYDAY.SO I LEAVE BUY SAYING WHAT'S MORE VALUABLE TO YOU ,THE ACADIA OUR YOUR OHANA. ALOHA
  • alardalard Member Posts: 1
    I read in earlier forums about coolant leaks in the Acadias.I bought it in 2009 with 7 miles on it. I love mine and have never had a problem until today. I was driving home with my kids and the engine overheated. No warning until right before it died. I was on a busy street with no shoulder. (lovely) Had it towed an amazing two miles to my house and the driver/mechanic added coolant bc there was none that he could see. It starts up and everything is fine. I went back into the garage about an hour later to find the floor covered in coolant. I'm taking it to the shop first thing in the morning. Hoping it's the water pump so it can be easily fixed under warranty. The timing is horrible since I'm supposed to drive to the airport two hours away on Saturday to pick up my husband from his fourth overseas tour. I hope it's an easy and quick fix!
    I'm sorry to read that your Acadia overheated, and doing so on a busy street must have been stressful. It sounds as though you were headed in to your dealership this morning - hope that everything goes well! Please keep us up to date on what's happening, and if we can be of any further assistance, send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • arlopez1arlopez1 Member Posts: 1
    I'm afraid that I have fallen into the same problems as this entire forum has been speaking about! I bought my 2007 Acadia only 4 months ago and have absolutely loved it, and still really want to!A month after purchasing it with only 20,000 miles on it  out of no were got a dead battery, changed that out and have been ok but have noticed that the power sometimes seems intermittent and low for being a brand new battery . Well Monday of this week the husband and I went to look at a house (as we are trying to purchase ) and when turning the wheel I noticed it was harder to turn then normal. My husband drove it and felt the same thing. We then drove home and let car cool to check the power steering fluid. It had plenty and it should I had just taken it in to the dealer for regular services a few weeks prior. After discussing we decided I would take it in to get looked at in the morning. Well I couldn't even pull the car out of the drive way the next morning because it wouldn't turn at all. My husband had to come home from work and struggling with the very stiff dangerous steering problem we got the car to the dealer. They had the car since 730ish and the service rep never called to let me know what was going on. Around 3pm I decided to call as I Was stranded at work without a ride home clear across town to ask if I could expect my car by 5pm, also if there was any word or idea what my have happened. With a very rude attitude he  let me know that HE WOULD CALL ME WHEN HE HAD SOMETHING TO REPORT well I simply informed the rep I was inquiring so I could make arrangements for a ride if they had to keep the car, he said he would let me in a few hours, mind you by that time I would be out of work, so realizing its not worth me getting upset about I asked if he had any idea what was going on. He stated he could not figure out the problem. Well I had made plans for a ride and around 530pm the rep called and said he has no idea what's going on and just for taking it in it would be 60bucks. I told him I wouldn't be picking up the car and paying for a "60 dollar diagnostics fee " until I got some type of actual diagnostics on what the problem was , not to mention the car still can not turn. How am I suppose to drive it home? Well after the rep explained that I am out of luck on most the warranties that would probably cover the problem he said he can keep the car overnight  and try again in the morning. I'm so upset I don't know what to do. We are trying to plan for a family, you know newer roomy car, house now it seems I may have to spend my downpayment on fixing my "newer" car. Help me!!!! Has anyone actually got this resolved?Thank You,Anjeanette Lopez Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G Touch
    Good morning Anjeanette,

I'm so very sorry to hear that you're in this frustrating situation. If you would like to work with Customer Service, please send an email to socialmedia@gm.com with more details (include your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership) and my coworker Christina, who answers inbound emails from the forum will advise you further.

Kind regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • loree124loree124 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2007
    This happened to me this morning on the way to taking my daughter to daycare. I was on a rain drenched highway with cars speeding past me. I lost power steering and felt a lag in the engine. The dash went dark and then an error message appeared "service vehicle's battery charging system." This was the scarriest thing I've ever experienced behind the wheel of our acadia. It is still under warranty and my husband took it in to the dealer. The dealer said it is a common problem and that the sensor under the wheel well gets wet and shorts out. It was not built with a water proof cover like it should be. The is a huge safety factor. I'm still shaking from the experience and intend to write GM with my concerns that this item be recalled.
    I'm still shaking from the experience and intend to write GM with my concerns that this item be recalled.

File a complaint on the NHTSA site. Writing a letter to GM? Good luck with that.
    I'm sorry to read that you went through the situation with your power steering, loree124. If we can look into this further with you, please send an email to socialmedia@gm.com with:
    your name/Edmunds username
    phone and address
    the last 8 of your VIN
    current approximate mileage
    name of your involved dealership as well as a description of the current issue and recent visit(s)

My coworker Christina, who answers inbound emails from the forum, will assist you further.

Kind regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • mr79hurstmr79hurst Member Posts: 4
    My daughter purchased a 2007 Acadia SLT still under power train warranty. Shehas a popping sound when turning. GM dealer wants 9 bills to fix. GMC offered 50/50. I was the sales manager for a GMC dealer for 29 years never replaced one steering column. I wouldn't let her buy Toyota but if the new GM operates this way maybe I should have. Waiting to buy a 2014 Impala ?
    Working for a dealer 29 years I'm sure you know that dealer support on any type of issue warranty or not makes a huge difference. Those not in the loop get the famous line...."Could not duplicate". Toyota is no different. They have been known to blame owners for what later turns out to be a recall.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    mr79hurst,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Please email me (SocialMedia@GM.com) the VIN, current mileage, and the involved dealer. I would like to look into this further for you. Please include a copy of your post here so I am fresh on what is going on. Thank you. I look forward to your response. Have a great weekend!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • nikos3nikos3 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    I've had my 2007 Acadia for 3 and a half years. This has been the most expensive vehicle I've ever purchased. I took over someones lease with about 35,000 km on it and I had a brain cramp 2 years ago and bought it off lease. BIGGEST MISTAKE i ever made when it comes to vehicles and regret it every single day. Besides the typical transmission problems, power steering problems, leaking fluids, heated wiper fluid recalls, tire sensor corrosion issues, the radio not working one day and then working the other, etc, etc, lately my driver's window would not go down sometimes without lowering the passenger window first and then it would go down. I took it to the GM dealer and they said that its possibly the battery because it's very weak. So I had them replace the battery. It was fine the first day of course but the next day it started doing the same thing and now (about a month later) it's worse than ever. Now it may or may not go down whether I lower the passenger window or not and also it may or may not go up and this is happenning to the passenger window as well. I'm sick and tired of having to take it in the dealer all the time and with 150,000 km now its out of warranty and it's expensive to fix. Unfortunately I can't get rid of it because It's worth nothing and i still have a loan on it. It's amazing how a bad car decision can put you in debt for years. I've always had a GM vehicle in my 30 years of driving but this is THE LAST GM VEHICLE I WILL EVER PURCHASE AND I WILL GO OUT OF MY WAY TO MAKE SURE NOONE IN MY FAMILY OR MY FRIENDS PURCHASE. I live in Oshawa Ontario, Canada's GM home and I have a lot of friends that work or have worked at GM and even they don't buy GM anymore. I had to vent somewhere.
    nikos3,

I'm truly sorry that your Acadia hasn't been a satisfactory vehicle for you over the past few years that you've owned it. Unfortunately, I myself would be unable to follow up on this. You may want to contact GM of Canada, customer assistance for our Canadian drivers, at 800-263-3777 (Hours: M-F 7:30am - 11:30pm, Sat 7:30am - 6:00 EST).

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • smokey2027smokey2027 Member Posts: 1
    I bought my Acadia SLE AWD in July 2008. I have bought many new GM products in the past and this vehicle has been nothing but problems. The motor was pulled with 18,000 miles to change sensors. It then went back in a week later to have the timing belt changed. The water pump was replaced 1 month ago. My coolant is now half for no reason. The air conditioner never seems to blow cold air consistently.. works some days and others it blows far from cold. My vehicle has 40,000 miles on now... The transmission seems to be acting up between 1,000 to 2,500 rpms. Is there anything i can do for Lemon Law??
    Too late for the lemon law. Course lemon is a state by state thing so you may want to check out what it is for your state.

Seems like this thing is going to cost you a bunch of money. You should decide if you want to cut your losses and dump it.
    I have tried to send an email to socialmedia@gm.com and my server came back informed me that it was refused due to GM blackhole list. So how do I now send an email to correspond if I can't send the required information to the correct person?
  • mgap74mgap74 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Acadia SLT with 100,000 miles. It now wants to stall every time I drive it. I have had it scanned several times and the only thing that shows a 'Loss of communication with the BCM'. I replaced the BCM, had the electrolytic gel repair completed and the ECM reflashed. It still is stalling and I can not recreate it by wiggling any of the wiring. It also will sometimes activate the door locks right before it stalls.

Any ideas?

Thanks
  • jentang5jentang5 Member Posts: 1
    I bought my Acadia used in October of 2011. 6 months later and it has been in the shop 5 times!!! The things that I have had gone wrong are Master Cylinder replaced, headlight recall, a/c replaced, air bag sensor, heated seat melted the airbag sensor, transmission wave plate replaced, leaky sunroof, and intake tuning valve stuck. The lady before me has done the sunroof leak as well, water pump, steering (a couple times) and a/c. I paid $28000 plus fees and warranties for a car that is in the shop once a month. The dealer isn't much help, they will let me trade it in but only giving me $24000 as a trade-in while i still owe $30000, because I have only had the car 6 months. I am not sure what I am going to do but I am so unhappy with this car. This car is for sure a lemon but I have been told that used cars don't qualify as lemons. I am going to start complaining to GM and see what they will do for their costumers.
    tmiller87,
    I'm sorry about the confusion with email. Try my work email: sarah_grace@gmexpert.com

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    jentang5,

Had you already called into our Customer Assistance Center to set up a case? We'd be happy to get one set up as well. Let me know!

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • mr79hurstmr79hurst Member Posts: 4
    I still can't believe that the steering problems in the Acadia are not subject to a recall. GM seems to be having steering problems with more models than the Acadia. Pickups other suvs,cars. Not owning up to this will not make it go away, but will surely make owners go find others to buy. It seems GM is looking to go broke again in the next five years. Not taking care of these problems sure doesn't make one go out and buy a new GM car or truck. Whats going on with GM? Looks like the 3.6 v-6 is a junk engine and going into more models all the time and is something being done, it doesn't seem so.
  • bringamerica1bringamerica1 Member Posts: 2
    I posted a message about the problems im having with my 09 Acadia on January of 2012. After nearly having a accident when the steering colum fail.. and other problems like Clunking noise on front of the vehicle, 3 different code need re-programming for "engine problem" and replacing my steering columm which GMC agreed to pay half of the repair. I really felt they should have pay the whole thing since this issue is widely spread on this type of vehicle. Now I still have the clunking noise which I am now use to live with it, the re-programming of the transmission seems to made my shifting worst right around 65-75mph. Now lately my rear latch shocks for the rear access door are shot! I ended replacing them my self instead of bringing it to the shop...and just today 4/21/2012 my rear access door latch don't want to open no matter how much I push, pull or tug on the handle...We are on the park with my kids and their bikes, when I tried openning the trunk with no avail, I ended calling my friend with a pick-up truck to help us out..To make matter worst there is no manual release button or back-up release for the trunk or rear access door...I AM REALLY, REALLY, REALLY sick of this piece of junk...I guess I will be calling the shop for repair!!! ****WARNING IF YOU ARE READING THIS DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF JUNK I AM TRYING TO SAVE YOU FROM HEAD ACHE"
  • stohomestohome Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone experienced a problem with the Malfunction Indicator Light (the one that looks like an engine) staying on, even after maintenance?
    I purchased a 2011 GMC Acadia Denali AWD new from my local dealership in May 2011. My buying experience was pleasant and the scheduled service changes seemed to go well (i.e. oil, tire rotations etc). The Malfunction Indicator Light came on in mid-March and stayed on. I followed the trouble shooting listed in the Operator Manual with no success. I scheduled an appointment with the local dealer service department and was told that the knock sensor had gone bad and that the replacement would be covered by warranty. I was assured that there was no harm in continuing to drive the vehicle and that I would receive a phone call when the part arrived in order to schedule the service appointment to change the sensor. After three weeks of NOT receiving a call, I called the dealership and found out the part had arrived. I took the first available appointment two days later. After 2 1/2 hours waiting, the sensor was replaced and I was told that the problem was resolved. I drove less than ten miles before the same light came back on. I called GMC and went back to the dealer. I was told that the new sensor had also gone bad and that the dealer would now replace the knock sensor again as well as the attached wire harness. I was told I would be called as soon as the parts arrived. After the first experience, I asked to make a tentative appointment. I NEVER received a call. I called prior to my appointment to ensure the parts had arrived and they had. I waited for over three hours this time and was told that the wire harness was bad but the knock sensor wasn't so only the harness was changed. I drove the Acadia once and the next time I started it (approx 2 hours later), the light was again on. I called the dealership and was asked to drop off the vehicle that day. I dropped the vehicle off and was told the testing would be done that night and I would be called in the morning so I could be informed on the findings. Guess what......NO CALL AGAIN! I had to call to see what the problem was. I was told a computer module had malfunctioned and that a new module had been ordered and would be replaced the following day AND that I would receive a call to let me know the status of my vehicle. NO CALL for the fourth time. I called the service department today and was informed that the car was test driven after replacing the module and that the light was off initially but by the end of the test came back on. Supposedly, the service department called GMC Engineering (they don't seem to be good at calling people in my opinion) and were told to replace all wiring between the power train and the computer modules. I was told that changing the wires would be a 4 to 5 hour job and that it wouldn't be complete until this coming Monday. I was also told I would be called and I'm not holding my breath. There is one person in the entire service department that seems to be competent and I'm trying to use only him. The rest of the department is a complete disappointment. I do not appreciate being told time after time that I will be called only to have it not happen and I'm curious as to what experience or lack there of the mechanics have. I don't feel like the right course of action has been taken after the first replacement of the sensor. Since this light deals primarily with the transmission and vehicle emissions, I'm afraid there may be a worse underlying problem with the transmission (especially after using this forum) and that it is being tap danced around. This is my first GMC and is very close to being my last. :mad:
  • jpfjpf Member Posts: 496
    I suggest you find another dealer. Good luck.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    stohome,
    Thank you for taking the time to post your experience and concerns. Can you please email me directly with the name of the dealer you are working with, your VIN, current mileage, and complete contact information to Social Media@GM.com? Please include your experience. I look forward to hearing further from you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • redangrybirdredangrybird Member Posts: 1
    Today I was told that I have to replace all four tires and brake pads, and replace the front rotors on my 2008 GMC Acadia SLT, which I purchase August 2011.

I'm looking at my Certified Pre-Owned 172-Point inspection report and my tire treads depths were 7, 6, 7, and 5 /32nds. My brake pad thicknesses were 5, 8, 4, and 8 mm.

My salesperson told me the tires had another 25-thousand miles and that the brake pads were brand new. I now know that is not true and that the tires and brake pads were actually close to the minimum values.

So my question for other Certified Pre-Owned buyers is did your vehicle also start with values close to the minimums?

If so, did anyone explain to you what the values meant in terms of remaining use?

Finally, for those with experience of certified per-owned vehicles from different companies, did you experience the same issue with inspection values being just above the minimums?

Thank you so much for any information, thoughts or suggestions!
    Sarah, sent the email to you. I have taken my Acadia down to Davenport on 04/13/2012 and rented a car until they called to say my car is fixed. Well after spending 423.00 on a rental, I couldn't afford to any longer. So my husband lent me his truck. It has been 11 days now, that my car has been at Davenport and its still not fixed. I just made a 900.00 payment to drive my car for the month of May. And from what they told my husband that they are going to now replace the transmission? Someone please help me end this night mare and get my car back in drivable without any problems steering.
    Good morning tmiller87,

Thank you for sending an email our way; please expect to hear back from us soon.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • barrymania1981barrymania1981 Member Posts: 1
    im having the same issues, very frustrating... car keeps running while keys out, rear wiper keeps running even though button isnt pressed, having to boast every morning due to dash flickering on/off all night, very weird...
    please help
    Good morning barrymania1981,

I'm sorry that you're frustrated with your Acadia! Have you had this diagnosed by anybody at this point? If we can look into this further with you, please contact us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your preferred dealership).

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • dompdomp Member Posts: 24
    Sorry, but if you have a sunroof, looks like you might be having the same issues a bunch of us are having - water leaking onto your electronics. I'm at $1300 out of my own pocket so far to get me out of first gear and to get the car to stop running when I pull the keys out. $2500 if I want my airbags to work too. Might want to check the Buick Enclave and Saturn Outlook forums as well, and NHTSA website, and youtube. For your sake, I hope they have a recall issued before you have to bring it in.