Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs

Comments

• obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    edited November 2012
    Have you filed a complaint with BBB online? I would suggest documenting every conversation and email and file a complaint with the BBB. They can initiate the buyback process. That is of course if you want it bought back.

You could also take it to a reputable body shop and get an estimate and see if the dealer would agree to warrantying the bill. The dealer has more say in this matter since they are dealing with you the customer. I've seen dealerships go to bat for the customer with surprising results.
  • janny57janny57 Member Posts: 1
    I have been having problems with my brake pedal sticking on my 2012 Acadia Denali for many months now. After pressing on the brakes, they stay down and I have to put my foot under the brake to release it. Its a very scary and dangerous problem. The car will literally come to a complete stop by itself. The brake will remain down until I put my foot under it to release it. I had brought the car to the dealership a few months ago and low and behold, the problem doesnt happen for them. Of course it doesnt! The problem will not happen every time it is driven, but it does happen quite frequently. Well now its months later and I cant stand the problem anymore so I bring it back to the dealership for service. I received a phone call this afternoon from the service dept. and I was told the problem did not happen for them. I told him that I refuse to pick up the car until they fix it. Its a very dangerous situation. I almost got rear ended because my brakes stuck while I was making a turn. Do they actually think I am making this up? The traction control service light also comes on. Im not a mechanic and I believe this has to all be tied in together. Whey cant they pull the brakes apart to see whats going on with them? I told him all of this. Not happy with the service Im receiving. Anyone else have this problem?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Good morning janny57,

We're sorry to hear about this brake concern you're having with your Acadia and if you wanted for us to look into this further with your dealership, we'd be happy to. Please contact us via email at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and the name of your involved dealership, as well as a brief recap of the situation).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • boilergirlboilergirl Member Posts: 2
    I had the exact same issue. I took it back 2 days after I bought it to show them. I looked at the other Denali's and they had the same issue. My service manager looked into it and said it's from the machine that puts the molding on. They must do it when it's not entirely cured. He offered to repaint mine and even ordered the parts. I have not done it b/c I am worried about the pearl color matching. My dealership had GM come out and look at the problem for future use. However, this doesn't help us much.
    My first, and last, GMC.
  • djduplaindjduplain Member Posts: 2
    Please write me a message at my user name at icloud dot com (personal email address) -- regarding the trim issues you're having -- I'm deleting my post about the subject as I enter arbitration and I don't want to lose contact with a person having the same issues as myself.
    It looks like your dealership is working with you, boilergirl, but we certainly understand that you are unhappy. If you wanted for us to further document this situation, please contact us at socialmedia@gm.com with more information (include your name, contact information, a recap of the situation, the name of your dealership, and the last 8 digits of your vehicle's VIN).

• acadiablues1acadiablues1 Member Posts: 6
    I am lost on what to do. My Acadia, 2007 AWD, purchased certified used with a 2yr warranty in May 2010 with 41k miles on it for $22k, literally is having issues ever since I rolled 70,000mi in November 2012. I am a stay at home mom, who only has 2 kids, and I am by all means easy on this vehicle. First, my blinker bulb went out. My husband tried to change it (he's mechanically experienced) and find out the BULB is DEALER ONLY! $5 for the bulb, $20 to SHIP, and then it took them OVER TWO WEEKS to get it to the dealership. I drove aroud without a blinker for 2 weeks. Then, while my blinker bulb was out, SO WAS MY RADIO! As soon as my husband installed the new bulb, my radio worked. I breathed a sigh of relief I wasn't having to shell out the $500+ the dealership quoted me on a new stereo.

Then it gets better.... or worse... I went to the grocery store alone one evening, pulled into get gas since I had a spare minute, and my POWER STEERING WENT OUT! I parked the car after I manhandled the steering to get the car to a safe place. Turned the car off. Started it again - 3 random codes popped up, went away and then my steering was fine. Now, my steering knocks. Fluid levels fine, tie rods, etc all look good. Took it into the dealership and they rambled off a TON of things it MIGHT be after the lead mechanic took it for a spin. At the rate of $108/hr and $80 to check the code... they "MIGHT" be able to find a problem or two with it. Im sorry - its a tough economy - I have a car payment & a family and you want me to potentially pay your dealership $300+ for you to "POSSIBLY" find an issue? I was furious and left. He told me overall I could look at spending $2k+ on a 5yr old vehicle on a TON of parts that have been "upgraded" since the 2007. Why were these items not recalled? I talked my husband into this purchase. Telling him it would be perfect for our family & our needs (it is by all means), however I realize I was wrong. I am ready to sell & be done with this mess before it gets worse. RIDICULOUS the amount of issues with these Acadias that are marketed as safe family vehicles. I now drive around paranoid that I will break down at any minute and not be able to pick up my children on time. These are not concerns I should be having with a 5yr 71K mi vehicle. It has been given proper maintenance and care. GMC needs to step it up. If you are out of warranty - be prepared to owe every paycheck to them in order to get to work on time.
    We're sorry to hear about your power steering concerns, acadiablues1. If you would like for us to check into this with your dealership at all, we can be reached via email at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and the name of your involved dealership, as well as a brief recap of the situation).

• susancpasusancpa Member Posts: 7
    Hi Sarah @ GM Customer Service,

It's pretty annoying to see that GM is monitoring this website, and that you always jump in pretending to be so helpful. Just so everyone is aware - GM's offer to "check into this" is just that. They will check into it and do nothing else. My 3 year old Acadia had 2 major power steering repairs - the final straw being a $1,300 power steering rack replacement that GM offered exactly -0- help with. I see from other threads that GM has "upgraded" parts of the power steering apparatus in newer Acadias. Too bad they aren't standing behind those stuck with 3 and 4 year old Acadia's with major steering issues.
  • 2008acadia2008acadia Member Posts: 15
    My warning light to service the stabilitrack keeps coming on in my Acadia...anyone else have this issue?
    2008acadia,

After you turn your vehicle off and then on again, does the message clear out? The vehicle is safe to drive, however, you do not have the benefit of StabiliTrak, so reduce your speed and drive accordingly. Let us know, also, if you decide to work with your dealership to get this looked into further (we can be reached by email at socialmedia@gm.com).

• kathleen26kathleen26 Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2013
    Dropped my car off for "routine service". Have not once dropped car off for anything "routine." This appt, they discovered ANOTHER transmission leak. This is 3rd or 4th transmission leak with a leak that was found during last service. Covered under warranty, but still??? Just over 43k total miles on car. Have NEVER had as many problems/issues with any car I've owned. As I have said in previous posts, first and last GMC. Considering buying a GMC? Think twice.
    Are you already working with Customer Assistance on this, kathleen26? If you would like for us to check into anything, please contact us by email at socialmedia@gm.com with more detail (including your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation so far).

• dkrice33dkrice33 Member Posts: 2
    I had this problem. The dealer kept saying that they could not find the issue. 3 weeks later, the transmission had to be replaced (at 103000) miles. The warning light cleared. 3 weeks later, brought the Acadia in for an oil change and the stabilitrack light came on. Dealer said nothing was wrong and light was off. Left the dealership and within 5 miles, the warning light was back on. My wife called the dealer and they said everyuthing was fine and to not worry. There exact quote was, "I promise you will not end up on the side of the road." Well, 10 days later, the engine blew on a family vacation. Let me know how yours turns out.
    BTW, how many miles do you have on your Acadia?
  • graf1graf1 Member Posts: 1
    I usually don't make it a point to post issues about a problem, but I am frustrated with the dealer that is servicing my Acadia that has 21K miles on it. I brought the car in for warranty service yesterday for the first time for a couple of seemingly minor problems. First, there was an engine light on in the car and I had experienced a problem with what appeared to be the transmission switching into neutral for about 2 seconds at 45 MPH. This symptom happened 3 or 4 times over the past couple of weeks. The dealer that I took it to was not the dealer I purchased the car from, but it was close in proximity to where I live. I took the car in yesterday and left it, however they never called me to say it was ready. When I went down there at 6pm the service department was closed. The sales people advised that if the car was ready they would have left the keys, but they should have called. Anyway, I called the next morning and they apologized and advised they needed to consult the technician to get the current status of my car. They called me back at 12 noon, which means they didn't do much with the car the first day. They advised me that the transmission checked out okay, no error codes but I had a misfiring problem. I suppose that if the car was misfiring it could mimic a transmision problem. However, my wife told me that the car seemed like it had been hesitating lately, so I am giving the dealer the benefit of the doubt. Anyway, the service department is telling me that they have to soak the valves for two hours to see if this fixes the problem. This is GMs policy they said. If this does not fix the problem, they will have to remove the head and replace the valves (OMG!). I am not sure I trust this dealer to do this job based on how long they had my car before they got back to me to give me with the status. Has anyone else experienced this condition?
    graf1,

We're sorry to hear that your experience with the dealership has not been very smooth or satisfactory so far. If you would like for us to check into this further, please contact us via email at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation so far).

• deedee78deedee78 Member Posts: 3
    :lemon: I bought my Acadia in September of 2011. I was back at the dealer before the end of Septemeber. It has only 21000 miles on it and the power steering fluid had to be replaced. It would grind like metal on metal before this change. It has an annoying rattle on the drivers side of the car. That can not be identified. They have changed speakers, reinforced insulation everything they can think of. The DVD player had to be replaced due to the fact it would not release the DVD inside. My brakes began making an unnerving sound and then I had to punch them to stop the car. Brought it to the dealership and they identified some boot part that needs to be replaced. The inside weather stripping has fallen apart. They only replace the ones that are cracked even though all are obviously going to end up the same way, only 2 are getting replaced. I have a loud squeal from under the hood if the temperature drops below 40 degrees. Then as I was driving this weekend I had what seemed like what was described in # 1939. I was driving across a bridge that let me just say has no safe place to pull over and my car did what I believe theirs did the RPM's went through the roof and then it slowed way down keep in mind there are other cars on this bridge doing 60 miles per hour. My car went from the cruise control set speed of 60 miles per hour to 30 miles per hour it was like my engine was trying to compensate for something. Then just as guick as it started it the RPM's went back up and down and back to the cruise control speed. I was terrified. Thank God my mother in law was with me because I am beginning to think that my local dealer thinks I am insane. I am in there so much they know me by first name. Totally unacceptable for a car that is less than 2 years old. I can't say that this is quality craftsmanship. GMC should be ashamed to let a car off their lot that can not truly compete with the quality of other vehicles both American and Foreign. This is not a dealer problem this came from the factory and they should be embarrassed and this is just the tip of the iceberg !!! :lemon:
    deedee78,

Do you already have a Service Request open with Customer Assistance? If not and if you would like for us to get one started, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com with more details (including your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation so far).

• lovegmc1lovegmc1 Member Posts: 37
    edited January 2013
    Such a shame :( sure sounds like you DID get a :lemon:
  • deedee78deedee78 Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2013
    Yes and it's much harder when everyone is giving you the run around !!! I don't think I should have to buy another car if GMC is willing to put a product out that doesn't work. Too bad you can't buy cars from Wal Mart and just bring it back receipt in hand !!!! :lemon: yes and I forgot to mention that it ended up back after 2 or 3 days from delivery because some part rubbed the tire in the wheel well. I should've known the. That it was a :lemon: big fat one !!!
  • virginia13virginia13 Member Posts: 1
    Have been devoted GMC owner (my father was a GMC dealer) have never had a problem other than what I would consider "usual and customary" for the 40 years I have had GMC vehicles. My 2000 GMC Envoy was a dream compared to this Acadia nightmare! It is a 2009 and has 73,000 miles. Have replaced # 1 and #5 coils in the past year. This week had to replace the #1 coil AGAIN! According to my mechanic, it is due to heat buildup ie a design flaw. Spent a lot of money on this vehicle (for me) and love it but am VERY DISAPPOINTED and don't see any help in sight. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Many thanks!
  • srjohns1srjohns1 Member Posts: 2
    I just had to pay for a new motor to be put in our 2008 Acadia with 70000 miles. GM would not cover the motor saying mantinence wasn't preformed properly. I have used Amsoil synthetic oil and extended life oil filters since the car was new. There was so much buildup on the heads that it was causing trimming chain and sensor problems. We have had sensor problems several times before but didn't know what was causing the problem. I think after reading these forums that GM knows they have a major problem with the 3.6 motors and won't admit it. I've had GM products for 42 years but that may be changing.
  • jpfjpf Member Posts: 496
    GM has had many problems with the timing chains on the 3.6. Check out the Cadillac CTS forum for engine complaints and customers have had problems as far back as the 2005 and 2006 model years. The timing chains have a tendency to stretch which causes catastraphic engine damage. Only time will tell whether or not the timing chain problems have been fixed by GM for the most recent model years. Personally, I prefer GM's OHV V6 engines (e.g. 3800 or 3900); however, they don't make them anymore.
    srjohns1,
    How is everything running after the motor replacement? Keep us posted if you're not satisfied with the operation of the vehicle.
    Took my 2008 Acadia AWD in for "service" messages regarding the all wheel drive & traction control. Was told I need to have my fuel-injection system flushed out. My warranty expires on January 31, 2013. Anyone else have these same issues ??
  • thepasthepas Member Posts: 11
    In our cold weather (-30C) I occasionally get "Service all wheel drive" messages on my 2010 Acadia but this goes away after driving for awhile. Dealer here says cold weather may trigger false readings with electronics.
    Thanks for your update. The different days I got the message it was not cold (relatively) 30 degrees above zero. It was concerning to me that the dealer told me that message meant I needed to get my fuel injection system flushed out. No idea why fuel injection would cause the error message I received regarding my drive train.
  • m_khm_kh Member Posts: 1
    We had the same problem--turned out to be rear differential clutch component. Message kept coming and going--finally stayed on and the dealer was able to find the problem.

Love the car, but because of this and other warranty problems, we're thinking of trading it.
  • keheitmannkeheitmann Member Posts: 2
    Unbelievable! There are 98 pages here! We bought our 2008 Acadia in September 2007. A lot of the same issues I am seeing here. Turning the car off and pulling the key out and it would keep running, steering gear replacement in Aug 2011, water pump in Aug 2012 and as of yesterday the "wave plates" and "wave housing". Let's not talk about the costs for towing, hotel, rental car, etc...

Of lesser importance the DVD player is extremely temperamental and the GPS is sub-par. Oh - and the heated seats and the drivers side seat stopped working for a couple of weeks and then suddenly started working again.

The more bells and whistles they add the more complicated the problems and the more expensive to fix!
  • srjohns1srjohns1 Member Posts: 2
    Our problems started the same way. They told us to use a fuel additive ,the codes were cleared and worked for a while until got codes again traction and stbilatrack came on then engine light came on with them. After the dealer looked at it they thought it was timming chain problems. After motor was pulled out and valve covers removed the build up of sluge was so bad that it caused problems with timming chains and senors.
    The dealer said GM would not honor the waranty because of oil change records.I had always used synthectic oil and extended life filters.But after reading some of these forums i found out many other people have had the same problems with the sluge buildup. GM will not admit that they have a problem with these motors and trys to blame the comsumer for the problems. Unless you want to buy a new motor get rid of it.
  • hbmorganhbmorgan Member Posts: 1
    this forum makes me sick to my stomach! We too have been having all of the same issues! took in for poping noise when turning wheel and transmission issues, and back up camara. My extended warrenty covered the steering problem ($200 deductible) but they could not get the transmission to act up, so it wasn't worked on. After taking home, the transmission contiued to act up, and then it started leaking transmission fluid. Back to the shop we go! they rebuilt the transmission (car has 60,000 miles) fixed the leaks and replaced the water pump because it apparently had a leak too! (another $200 deductible) yay! no more problems, right? UM.... NO! The trasmission is still slipping! so I get online to do some research and find that this is a common problem! And the response I see on her from GMC are a disgrace! I don't even know what to do now? I dont have the time, energy, patience, or money to keep takeing my car to the shop! this car has been in the shop more times then all of my previous cars put together! I WILL NEVER BUY A GMC AGAIN! :lemon: :mad: :sick:
    hbmorgan,
    We're sorry you have not had success getting the transmission concerns resolved on your vehicle. Would you like for us to check into this further with your dealership? Let us know!
  • abulfatihabulfatih Member Posts: 5
    I have a 2009 GMC Acadia SLT. I have to replace 4 fuel injectors, my car has been setting for a month because the part is not available any where! it is not available in my country and I searched US stores online and it is not available! any idea if any other type of fuel injector would work? the GM part number is 12638530 and I searched for ACDelco as well they don't have it, their part number is 217-3445. some online stores told me in front that they have it and others had it flagged (in stock) such as Amazon.com but after placing the order they send me an email one day later saying that they are sorry and would refund my money but they don't have it in stock! should I just leave my car and wait for a miracle?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited January 2013
    Looks like RockAuto.com has the AC Delco one.

If you search around you can often find 5% off codes for RockAuto (1266296310214368 is supposedly a current one).
  • abulfatihabulfatih Member Posts: 5
    Dear Steve,

Thank you very much!

I ordered and they sent me a notification that its shipped :) I am so happy!

Thank you again :)
  • aeaton3aeaton3 Member Posts: 2
    Purchased my GMC Arcadia brand new in 2007, despite having to wait a little over 30 days and a car payment later for it to be shipped from MI, when I finally got it I was pleased… That was until 2010 when took a mini getaway to Virginia Beach and the whole fuel line went out on me smack dead in the middle of I-264 at exit 22. Thank God for onstar who covered most of my trips interruption cost, needless to say I had to leave my vehicle in Greenbrier, VA and drive all the way back to Baltimore, MD only to return a week later to pay for the labor of repairing the vehicle (compliments of GM after I gave them a piece of my mind). Now let’s fast forward to 2012 when I had to get the engine pistons replaced (again compliment of GMC) after shelling out $99 for a diagnostic, and getting a sensor replace to the tune of over $200 bucks all in the same year… But wait in 2013 we came in with a bang as luck would have it (being sarcastic) the fuel throttle has went up and after having it replaced by a certified mechanic(not a GMC dealer) I quickly learned that I would need to get the vehicle reprogramed for it to work properly ($100). Now that’s all said and done I hoped to pick up my vehicle today, but not so fast… Now my vehicle is not performing to the full 6 cylinder expectation and I have to pay an additional $100 to find out if there is any coils that need to be replaced (of course this is not covered)… ugggg I mean really… I have previously owned a 1995 Honda Accord with 150K in mileage and ran perfectly fine, when I traded it in for this piece of crap due to Honda not rolling out the three row pilot until later that year. I will NEVER EVER purchase another GMC in this life time… :mad: :lemon:
  • lina816lina816 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    :mad: :lemon: We bought this car in 3/2008. I would like to declare lemon on this Acadia. Here are the lists of things that occurred to my Acadia: 3/09 Power Control Module, this one lock my steering wheel while I was on drive in the middle of the road all of the sudden without warning, this could have killed my family; 5/09 - air bag wiring repair; 2/23/10 - air bag repair again; 7/10 head lights blown with recall; 9/10 power steering remote replace; 11/10 (on our Thanksgiving trip) Water pump and engine run hot; 6/11 stability trac warning w/ master cylinder leaking break fluid; 9/11 air bag connector replaced; 4/12 power window issue; 12/12 lost its smooth ride - stabilizer link and struts replace. And to top it all off, the engine light came on and took it to the dealer as we are getting ready to take a 12 hour road trip to my grandmother's funeral this Thursday. So, today 1/28/13--transmission. I am definitely convinced that I'm switching to foreign car.
  • aeaton3aeaton3 Member Posts: 2
    But wait there is more..... I called back to the dealer for him to tell me they are sure that coils #3 and #5 are bad and would like to keep my car another day to continue to diagnose the problem. So I get a call today from the GM dealer saying that the problem is now a little deeper than expected and would need to continue to look a little further into my engine at the tune of about $350 more to diagnose the possible problem. :mad: I mean really GMC if you wanted more money out of me the good old fashion Mob scare tactics would have just worked... Talk about buying American to keep the American people gainfully employed... after this bout I will gladly send my money overseas. I will NEVER EVER assist in the financial growth of this company again.. All I want is to at least feel like I spend $30K on a product that was worth every penny is that too much to ask…
    lina816,

Are you working with a GM dealership to get the transmission problem checked into? Let us know if we can be of any assistance! We can be reached via email at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and a summary of the situation).

aeaton3,

We're sorry to hear that the repair process continues. Let us know if we can check into this situation further - we can be reached via email at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).

• cj_needsafixcj_needsafix Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    I bought my Acadia used in 2011 and it's been great until now. When I get to speeds near 60 mph and up the car often makes a feeling like its lunging forward in short bursts. Scary considering I'm on a busy highway. Problem not constant, but will happen at least 3-4 times on a short 20 minute highway drive. No dash lights come on to indicate any problems when this is going on.

Yesterday, separate problem... I was parallel parked. When I pulled out of my spot, the rear end made a strange noise and jerked forward and felt like my car was rear-ended. It wasn't. Once again no dash lights indicating any problems.

Took car to the dealer and they cannot repeat the same problems. Not sure if this matters, but when it started happening, there were very cold temps (5-15 degrees F). Today I took it to the dealer and the outside temp is in the 60's

Anyone have the same problem and have advice on a repair.
    Thanks
    cj_needsafix,
    Keep us posted on how everything goes with the dealership today! We're sorry that you have to take it in, but hope that all is resolved smoothly. If you should need anything, contact us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).

• megawatts74megawatts74 Member Posts: 29
    Your transmission is about to go. Hopefully you are covered under warranty, if not, then be persistent with GMC Customer Service. Not the customer service on this thread but the ones you call. My bill was reduced from $3400 to $608. Be careful because when it goes out, you will probably be in the worst place possible when it happens. When it happens, pull over safely as possible and shut the car off. Either call a tow truck or wait about 10 minutes and start it up again and head toward a service garage or somewhere safe. You may have to shut car off and restart several times before you get to your destination. I suggest getting a tow truck because the damage may be less severe if you don't try to run it. Good luck.
  • tropicoduketropicoduke Member Posts: 2
    Same problem with 2008 model here - except that I will not be replacing the motor. Endless issues with StabiliTrak, leaks, etc. since purchased new. It can go to the junkyard rather than cause me more grief in the future. :lemon:
  • tropicoduketropicoduke Member Posts: 2
    91000 - engine gone and transmission was right behind it. Based on what I've read, I think these vehicles would only survive if you changed ALL the fluids every 5k miles. Maybe even not then . . . :sick:
  • pet10pet10 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 100,000 km on my 2009 Acadia. I too have replaced #2 coil twice in the past 12 months, have had all the spark plugs replaced and today only 3 months since the last repair the engine light is on. I had onstar conduct a diagnositic and yet again I have a misfire but they couldn't tell me what cylinder. Because I moved and had the first 2 repairs done at different dearlerships I had to pay twice for the repairs. Keep me posted on how you make out. Here in Canada that repair job cost $700. Really don't want to spend that again.
  • susancpasusancpa Member Posts: 7
    My 2009 Acadia was only a year and a half old when 2 coils went while we were at a soccer tournament 450 miles from home. Limped home. Went to dealership and they replaced coils #2 and #4. Three months later it started doing the same thing again (would be driving along and feel a momentary "miss" where the engine would lose power. It was noticeably worse when going uphill or when I had a car full of kids. Went back to the dealership and they pronounced coils #3 and #5 bad. It was still under warranty so I insisted they also replace the remaining 2 "good" coils lest we have a repeat performance in a few months. After that, no more coil problems. (Only steering shaft, water pump, and suspension problems). GM refused to chip in for any part of a $1,200 power steering repair when the car was several months out of warranty, so I am now driving a Ford Edge. Love it.
  • dria253dria253 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    I purchased a used 2007 GMC Acadia in September 2012. In the past 5 months the Acadia has been to dealership 6 times. The truck will not start on incline or a decline. The dealership insist that there isn't anything wrong with the truck. They told me that it was my battery, the battery was replaced and lo and behold not even a week later THE SAME ISSUE!!! This is very frustrating, the DIC is reading that the truck has gas, but it will not start. I had to take the Acadia back due to it over heating. The thermostat and the thermostat housing was changed but the truck still over heats. The truck is currently at the dealership because it will not start. I have only had this truck for 5 months and from reading the post on this forum...I really do not look forward to the next few years.
  • martyc382martyc382 Member Posts: 1
    My 2010 Traverse has been in shop 12 days for injectors and none in the country. I understand I need #12638530 injector and also same in 2013. Has GM shut down assembly line? Why don't they ship injectors to at least keep customer happy. I guess they need to keep building and hopefully customer will pay for repairs later......Time to boycott Government Motors. :cry:
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited February 2013
    The dealer can't tell you what the problem is?

RockAuto cross-references Part # 2173445 if that means anything.