Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Nissan Altima Hybrid Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    bennbbennb Member Posts: 143
    The Prius is surprisingly roomy ... the back seat has great leg room imho. The hatchback with folding seats IS a big deal over the tiny trunk of the Altima.

That being said, the Altima is definitely more of a "normal" car overall--ride, quickness, handling, etc. The seat and steering wheel adjustments alone are enough to make me want one over a Prius ... but not quite.
  • Options
    whatever1116whatever1116 Member Posts: 1
    I was just wondering if this is a good deal on a base Nissan Altima Hybrid Lease

price 24,000
    months 39
    mileage 12,000
    down 3128.00
    residual 54%
    money factor .002350
  • Options
    langjielangjie Member Posts: 250
    i think it's better to buy hybrids, rather then leasing (as long as you can get the 2350 maximum tax rebate)
  • Options
    townboy325townboy325 Member Posts: 37
    i think so too cause most of the Hybrid car resale are pretty good too
  • Options
    emgremgr Member Posts: 109
    Just to let everyone know, I am still waiting for my Altima Hybrid with tech Package. Dealer tells me that it is being built now and should arrive around Thanksgiving. I ordered with a deposit on June 12th.

I think I should have just got a Prius.
  • Options
    you could have gotten a prius, but you've waited this long...hang in there buddy! :)
  • Options
    townboy325townboy325 Member Posts: 37
    also, i got my on May with Cov.PKG for 24020... for base pkg. in SF, CA for only 22800 saw on the newspaper last weekend. The new 08 Camry Hybrid too for that price
  • Options
    camry doesn't have a tax credit though
  • Options
    mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    I bought a new 2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid base with Aluminum Kickplates for $24,000 out the door including tax license and fees. Was this a good deal? I traded in a 2008 Mazda Trbute i sport edition with 3,500 miles. I had bought the Tribute for $17,500 and got $15,000 trading it in. The gas mileage was not good so I traded it in 3 weeks after I bought it. Tribute gas mileage was 26. altima hybrid getting 37. Anyone feel free to give feedback on if I made the right decision?
  • Options
    The 2008 fully loaded Altima hybrid with tech would list for $$33,325. I didn't want the sun room but someone it got added. However the dealer said because of the 5 to 6 month wait I experienced, he is just giving me the roof. The discounted price will be $30,482 before trade and deposit I placed.

Still won't come in before Thanksgiving. I am getting the feeling it could even be December but that was not said. Just "late Novemeber." I think you know what I mean.
  • Options
    that's a really good price
  • Options
    i think you need to go on longer test drives...and on top of that, i think you should also rent these cars to make sure you like them first. you're buying/selling cars like crazy
  • Options
    Thanks for your feedback.
  • Options
    sfbaychrissfbaychris Member Posts: 7
    I bought a 2007 with Convenience Pkg, moon roof, and aluminum kick plate today(10/20) at $23000 + TTL. The MSRP is $28045. There is a $1500 factory rebate for 2007 models now. It may not be the best price but I guess it is a decent price. I have seen base NAH advertised for $21888 the last few weeks.
  • Options
    karolpl7karolpl7 Member Posts: 40
    News for those waiting patiently for their Hybrid arrival; got a call from a dealer today that Nissan is now shipping new Hybrids and they should be here in a couple of weeks. Or at least the kind I've ordered: -sonoma red & tech package.

It would make total wait time two months here in NY.
    Anybody else waiting out there? :shades:
  • Options
    I ordered mine on June 12th. Jade with tech. I was told by my dealer that they were being produced in October but don't expect delivery until the end of November. MMM
  • Options
    gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    24K after tax for the Altima Hybrid is a good deal. You also got a nice deal on your old car cuz you only lose 2.5K.
  • Options
    hiwaymanhiwayman Member Posts: 98
    Whether or not you got a "good deal" you cost yourself a lot of money by not doing research ahead of time. Take a breath, do some reading on sites like this one, go for test drives, and if the car is available through rental companies, rent one for a few days (NAH's aren't yet available..but they will be...just like Priuses are, now).

You got a good price on the Nissan, but that's offset by the money you lost on the other car. Generally, behind the scenes, that's the way dealerships cut deals. They know how much they need to get out of a deal, including how much they'd pay for a trade-in. They will adjust the deal on the new car and the used car until it meets or exceeds what they know they have to get. You got a good deal on the new car because you didn't get a good deal on the trade-in...
  • Options
    saabgeorgesaabgeorge Member Posts: 22
    I had bought the Tribute for $17,500 and got $15,000 trading it in. The gas mileage was not good so I traded it in 3 weeks after I bought it. Tribute gas mileage was 26. altima hybrid getting 37.

It will take you about 74,000 miles to make up the $2,500 loss for trade-in at $3.00 a gallon or about 55,000 miles at $4.00 a gallon - unless my math is faulty.
  • Options
    hiwaymanhiwayman Member Posts: 98
    There's more to it than just the price per gallon. Had you done some research ahead of time, you'd have that 2500 AND your new car. Additionally, based upon the numbers you've posted, I don't think you took into account the non-refuncable money you lost in paying taxes and registering the original car. Your losses are higher than you think. Your original question was did you get a good deal. It wasn't whether or not you could make up the money through better gas mileage. The answer is "no". You definitely got a better car in the end, but you paid dearly for it.
  • Options
    Thanks for all your feedbacks. I think after 90,000 miles I will have recovered all my losses. I drive about 25,000 miles a year. Plus I get the $2350 tax credit-I had figured that out before I bought I nissan altima hybrid. Also, I had 3,500 miles on the 2008 Mazda Tribute before I traded it in. Also, I got 5.99APR financing. My tribute had 6.69APR financing.
  • Options
    fjerinafjerina Member Posts: 9
    Anyone know how much I would have to pay for a basic Altima hybrid model (no convenience package or connection package, etc.)? And what is the federal rebate for an Altima right now?
  • Options
    The best price I have seen is $21,599 plus tax, fees and license and the federal tax credit is $2350.
  • Options
    too bad you don't live around boston

$19,999 (but who knows if the dealership would actually honor their online price)

http://home.quirkcars.com/wtf/n10-28g.jpg
  • Options
    You need to read more about the federal tax credit. You won't be able to get the credit if you have a decent income.
  • Options
    hiwayman, I don't see your point here. mazda6dude got a good deal on the Altima as well as on his trade. He lost only 2.5K on his old car w/ 3.5K miles. I don't think the dealer will make that much $$ from his trade. Will you buy a used car w/ 3.5K miles over a new one's just to save 1 to 2K?
  • Options
    there are suckers that would do that. i know one...bought a used celica for more money than my other buddy did for a new one.

but i think hiwayman's point was to do more research before you sign your name on the dotted line for a car. who really cares if the dealership made or will make money. at the end of the day, he still lost $2500 due to the trade in
  • Options
    bcp01scu05bcp01scu05 Member Posts: 19
    That statement is a little misleading. Whether or not you pay AMT is less dependent on your income and more dependent on your deductions. If you take the standard deduction, it's more likely than not that you will be able to realize the tax credit. If you itemize, it's a different story and you should either do a pro-forma calculation or have a tax professional do one for you.

/submitted my CPA license application last week
    //audit, not tax
  • Options
    i can't wait to do my taxes next year, hoping i can get a good chunk of cash back
  • Options
    Yes, the deduction is way more complicate than my post and you mentioned a couple more good points.

The problem is that many low income people won't have the extra $ (3-4K) to buy the hybrid in the first place so they have no problems with the AMT.

I think a good portion of people who buy this car might make 50K or more per year. A family of 4 with 100K income (6% pre-tax deduction for 401K, 2 kids tax credit, and no itemize deduction) can barely get any $ (b/c of AMT) back if they decide to buy a hybrid.

I think the credit should be just a straight deduction and not subject to AMT.
  • Options
    AMT is the single biggest problem with the current tax code. It was originally designed to cover something like 15 households across the country, but it was never indexed to inflation when it was first introduced in ~1970.

It's simply not fair to Americans to have to know two wholly separate tax codes, which is really what they are. If it's confined to the superrich, they have tax people to deal with it. It should not affect the number of people it currently is. End of story.

The problem is that now it's become such a revenue producer that they can't afford to get rid of it, or aren't willing to.

I would happily pay another 1-2% in my marginal tax rate for them to fix this and index AMT to inflation--even though I don't currently pay AMT.
  • Options
    AMT is outdated....

it's sort of like the mass pike tolls. they were supposed to be taken down once the mass pike was paid off, but now they keeping raising the tolls and are using it as a cash cow, booo!!!!!!
  • Options
    tropotropo Member Posts: 17
    Just picked ours today. 2008 Hybrid with Tech package, Sunroof, wind deflector and aluminium kick plates. Dealer is Ardmore Nissan in Ardmore, PA. Cost is $1,250 below invoice, since lease ended on our our 2004 Quest, and they had incentives, as well as we know the dealer. We got the 2004 Quest from them, and in July we got 2007 Altima SE 2007 with Tech package from them. We also got the 84 Months 100,000 miles extended warranty for $1,040. Car Invoice is $30,500. We had another car (Audi 2001 S4) trade in, so the total price with the extended warranty, taxes and so on is $16,500 and the monthly payment is $377.00 with no out of pocket money. We love the car, and the dealership - after all we bought three cars from them in three years!!
  • Options
    Since Nissan can't deliver this car to PA dealers, I assume your dealer did a trade with a New York or New Jersey dealer. I that correct? What color is yours?
  • Options
    Yes, the dealer traded the acre with RI dealer (almost 300 miles away). We wanted a metallic Jade color ONLY, and that was the only car around with Tech and sunroof at that color. We are getting a custom lic. Plate - GRNCAR.
  • Options
    Yeah, color does matter. Back two months ago I did find few hybrids on the lot, with tech package in CT and MA I believe. Not in sonoma red though. Still waiting.

On a different topic, my friend waited for his Murano and got a VIN number beforehand. He was able to enter it on a Nissan site and track car's location... it would tell him that the car is on the boat and on its way for example. Anyone heard about this feature?
  • Options
    divewreckdivewreck Member Posts: 50
    Who has bought or leased a NAH in states other than those it is sold in? I'm concerned that when service is needed that it would be a problem, not only with parts but with technical expertise.
  • Options
    i think that at least 1 technician from every nissan dealership had to be hybrid trained.

am i correct on this one?
  • Options
    That's consistent with what I've heard, although I don't have any hard evidence.

It makes sense, I guess--what if the car broke down while in another state?
  • Options
    That is my understanding as well. Also the Hybrid components are warranted for 15 years or 150K miles. I was assured by the dealership that they are trained and equipped to service the Altima Hybrid. Since PA is now a CA emission state as well (starting with 2008 model year), Hybrids are going to be distributed by nissan later this year.
  • Options
    I live in PA and never heard that. I ordered mine from a dealer in New York. about an hour away. Not a big deal.
  • Options
    I just checked and it seems tropo is correct. the rule does go into affect soon and does repeate California emission standards. PA has a $500 back incentive to buy hybrids too.
  • Options
    Karolpl7, Can you find out the Nissan site your friend used to track his Murano and post it? It is not listed under the regular Nissanusa.com directory.
  • Options
    Hi emgr

I'll try to find out, but apparently it's some internal site, probably used by dealers themselves.

I've just learn my hybrid is suposed to arrive tomorrow. Hopefuly I'll have it for the long weekend. FINALY!
  • Options
    Karolpl7, Write me about it when you get it and let me drool. 5 months is a long time to wait for me. Especially for a car that is built in Tennessee.
  • Options
    HA... Somehow I missed the fact that the car is made in Smyrna, TN. I've just looked it up on Google Earth - you can see the plant and hundreds of new (white) cars on the right side of the factory, right next to the train tracks, waiting to be shipped out.

And yes, I'll let you know when it finally arrives. I've been waiting for about 5 months as well (went to another dealer).
    Hope you get yours soon too.
  • Options
    I don't understand having to wait 5 months for a car made in the USA. Drives me crazy to think about it now. I even downloaded the manuals to read in advance and that gets boring after awhile.
  • Options
    Yup, downloaded manuals myself and got bored too... :confuse:
    Just have to wait, that's what happens when we get picky and want that special color, or navigation, or a hybrid... I've been patiently waiting and driving my old beat up Honda but it's worth the wait.

Well, you think 5 months is a long time? Check out the wait time for these cars (different price range though);
    Most Coveted Cars
  • Options
    Karolpl7, that is funny and I get your point. But I ordered when the finance charges for the hybrid were 2.9% but the actual finance charge will probably be 6.24% based on actual delivery.
  • Options
    the cars on google earth only look white, because of those protective plastic over the cars

but yeah, when i was waiting for my car, i zoomed into their plant too, you can see a test track