Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

NFL Football

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Really?

Compared to the Bengals?!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    The Bengals are the "86" Super Bowl Champs Chicago Bears, compared to the Detroit Lions. They (Lions) add a whole new dimension to the term "sucks".
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • okko1okko1 Member Posts: 327
    probably a little quicker thinking to. my complaint is why do they keep trying the 1 finger tackle. and the offense oh no they wont guess we are going up the middle again. it's hard to watch when it's 25.00 bucks to park and 50 plus a seat to watch. though i am not realy a fan. my wife is the sports nut. the one game i actually went to was in 75 i think and it was cold and wet with raiders winning 47-0 THAT WAS A REAL BLAST. maybe next year. :lemon:
    Well, my Dallas Cowgirls are out of the playoffs. Too much drama on that team, and it starts with Jerry Jones... who is ruining "America's Team" with his "hire a prisoner, or mental case, for a day" approach to personnel decisons. Tony Romo seems to have his mind of Jessica Simpsons behind, instead of on his centers... interception... fumble... too many mistakes from the bumbler.

At least Bill "Bellicheat" and the Patriots didn't make the playoffs. I posted earlier that they would lose in the first round of the playoffs, but I was going to write that they wouldn't even make the playoffs. Looks like I should have gone with my first instinct. Still to finish 11-5 and not make the playoffs isn't too shabby. I guess not being able to spy on your opponents and steal their signals is worth about 5 games a year. :P

The Giants have stumbled a bit down the stretch. I still like them or the Panthers in the NFC. The Colts have come on strong in the AFC. Miami will lose in the first round. Ravens don't have enough offense. Pittsburgh has the most balance, but the Steelers must lose!
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
    Come on people... any "Fooseball" fans out there care to take a stab at out predicting the all knowing all seeing malhijipster? :surprise:
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Sorry, jipster, no NFL fans in my home. The only reason we turn on the Super Bowl is to watch the commercials. :shades:

Happy New Year!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    How about those Colts? Nice turnaround. Gotta worry about the Chargers, as always. I'm sure they'd love to be spoilers, even if it's not Eli's chances they are spoiling (initially, anyway).

I tend to follow players more than teams, so I'm rooting for the Giants to meet the Colts.

But a prediction? Peyton is healthy but lots of their guys aren't. Eli is being carried by his team this year and hasn't shown a breakout game like he did in losing last year to the Pats. The Titans seem to be fading. Carolina is flying under the table and may surprise some of us. If you're a Steeler fan, you have to worry about Big Ben and him getting clocked all the time.

Baltimore is another sleeper. Falcons too. The Vikings and Cards I don't expect to go past the first game.

Ask me again after the first round and you'll get some more nebulous comments. :shades:
    That's o.k, as the Super Bowl's are often a blowout, the commercials are usually more exciting than the game. Budweiser usually has the best commercials... a bunch of nutty guys sitting around trying to figure out how they can get the last Bud Lite before the other guy. Why them beer companies always picking on us dudes... doesn't seem fair. ;)
    I like the Colts too, don't think they can make it all the way to the Super Bowl though. A few too many close calls and lucky wins during their streak. They're due for a spanking. I think the Steelers will give it to them.

I'd like to see at least one underdog in this year. Let the Manning brothers sit home this year and bond with Archie. I'd like to see someone whip the Giants, doubt it will happen though. I'll have a definite Super Bowl winner after the first round of the play-offs... :shades:
    I like the Colts too, don't think they can make it all the way to the Super Bowl though. A few too many close calls and lucky wins during their streak. They're due for a spanking

Ouch! Deadly accurate once again jip.

Steve??? The ball is in your court. :)
    I'm hoping you've already jinxed whoever winds up playing the Giants in the big kahuna.

Assuming I haven't jinxed them getting there in the first place. :P

I'm sure the San Diego fans would love to put the hurt on Eli even more than they have put it to Peyton in the playoffs the last two years.

Carolina may just continue to fly under the radar and grab the marbles.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    I'm still puzzling about this:

Eli is being carried by his team this year and hasn't shown a breakout game like he did in losing last year to the Pats.

You do know that the Giants won that Super Bowl game upsetting the previously undefeated Pats, yes?
    Regular season game...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Oh. Never mind. :)
    Never in a million years did I think the Cardinals would beat the Panthers.

The Titans shot themselves in the foot with critical red zone turnovers against
    the Ravens.

Surprised again that the Eagles beat the Giants in New York. Eli didn't play very well. Seems they (Giants) should have blitzed more though. McNabb played very well, converting third downs... thought the Giants would get to him more often.

I like the Steelers against the Ravens. Both with great defenses, but Pittsburgh has more offense. I've got Philadelphia over Arizona (at Arizona)... but I will be pulling for the Cardinals.

A team that tied the Cincinnati Bengals can't win the Super Bowl. So, the Dallas Cowboys arch enemy , and mine, the Pittsburgh Steelers will win the Super Bowl in a high scoring game against the Eagles... McNabb chokes under late game pressure and throws costly interception. :shades:
    Never in a billion years did I think the Cardinals would beat the Eagles.

The Cardinals got a bit lucky on that pass interference penalty, on fourth down, that wasn't called with a couple minutes left in the game.

No way the Cardinals pull the Cinderella story of all time, and beat the Steelers in the Super Bowl. Even though I've got 10 BIG ONES on the Steelers, I'm pulling for the Cardinals.
    I guess I am too - like to see Edgerrin James get a ring since he didn't get one when he was at the Colts. Otherwise I don't much care at this point.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    Me too. Kurt Warner is still loved in St. Louis - pretty much everyone I know is pulling for the Cards.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Last I heard the Steelers were only a 7 point favorite. Even though I'm pulling for the Cardinals, I see the Steelers winning big in a blow-out. They'll win by at least 17 points.
  • okko1okko1 Member Posts: 327
    i'm thinking it's going to be the steelers myself. the cheifs will be providing parking assistance and bathroom maintenace. :cry:
  • fezofezo Member Posts: 10,384
    I'll be the odd one and call the Cardinals. Doesn't seem likely but they are certainly hot at the right time. Maybe the Giants can convince them to trade Larry Fitzgerald for Palxico Burris....
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
  • jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989
    So, the Dallas Cowboys arch enemy , and mine, the Pittsburgh Steelers will win the Super Bowl in a high scoring game against the Eagles...

Well, you were 1/3 right (as you usually are :D ) and the Steelers won but not by much. As you know, I’m from the Burgh and I’m a Steelers fan. I’ll take a win anyway they come and the Super Bowl with the Cardinals was a great game.

I’ve always found Dallas fans to be great talkers and even bigger Cryboys and not very understanding people (not like you ‘jip’. Since I‘ve known you for a while, I know you’re not like that) . Like in 95’ when the Steelers played the Cryboys in the Super Bowl and lost that time (first time they ever did that to the Cryboys. In the 70’s the Steelers made a living off of that team). I was living in South Carolina at the time and during the week leading up to the Super Bowl since Cryboy fans were wearing their Cryboy gear at work I wore my Steelers hat and a conversation went like this with a guy I didn’t know very well but we did know each other:

Cryboy fan: Hey jmonroe, I didn’t know you were a Steelers fan?

Me: I’m not but a Steelers fan told me if I didn’t wear this hat for the day he was going to kick my [non-permissible content removed].

He grumbles and walks off in a huff.

The following Monday after the Steelers lost the Super Bowl, he comes over to me and said, “here, wear this Cryboy hat for the rest of the day”. Now keep in mind I was pretty much at my fighting weight back then and I said sure, “If you can kick my [non-permissible content removed].

He grumbles and walks off in a huff again.

In general, not very understanding people. :confuse:

GO STEELERS get another one next year.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

You wait until after the Super Bowl to come into my doojo and talk smack? Typical Steelers fan. ;)

Before the playoffs started, I picked the Steelers, out of all the teams in the playoffs, to win it all. Hence, winning the 10 BIG ones I alluded to in an earlier post. I'll take a half point on the high scoring game though, because it certainly wasn't a low scoring game.

I kind of had the feeling from the very beginning that this was the Steelers game. When they needed a big play they got it. When they needed a big defensive play they got it. Whenever the Cardinals made a move, they turned up the intensity and played more with that sense of urgency. If the Steelers had played that way throughout the game, they would have won big. But, with the lead they didn't want to take too many chances. That Kurt Warner interception at the end of the first half wouldn't have mattered in the outcome of the game in my humble opinion.

He grumbles and walks off in a huff

Your "Cryboy" fan seems a little mentally disturbed.

I’ve always found Dallas fans to be great talkers and even bigger Cryboys and not very understanding people

As the final seconds of the game ticked away, a co-worker whom I was watching the game with, started crowing, "haha the Steelers won"... really rubbing it in. That kind of stuff is pretty low class in my book, especially since I didn't know her very well. I get the "Terrible Towel" crap from all the Steelers fans I know, mainly from my brother and cousin. If it is done in good fun then it's okay.

My brother called me during the 96 Super Bowl between the Cowboys and Steelers. Pittsburgh was making a big late game comeback, looked like they may win. He's screaming and hollering in the phone, asking me if I was waving my terrible towel. Well, I had the last laugh when Neil O'Donnel choked and threw that costly interception returned for a touchdown... Cowboys win!

Anyway, congrats to the "Stinkin Steelers". They played well throughout the year and deserved the victory. The Cowboys will always be the beloved "AMERICA'S TEAM" though, and with the right moves will challenge for the Super Bowl next year. They need to get rid of T.O, break up Tony Romo and Jessica Simpson ( I would be willing to take Jessica off his hands, literally, to see the Cowboys back in prime time) and get a head coach who is more than a puppet to that moron owner Jerry Jones. HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!! :shades:
    The Cowboys will always be the beloved "AMERICA'S TEAM" though, and with the right moves will challenge for the Super Bowl next year.

I never really understood where that "AMERICA"S TEAM" thing came from. Was it self imposed? If you want to get technical about that thing, there are several teams in the NFL that have a better following/sell more stuff than the Cowboys and the Steelers are one of those teams. I don't really care about that kind of stuff. I'd rather hide in the woodwork and collect Super Bowl trophies but it is very important to some people.

About those "right moves" you mentioned, I don't think they know how to do that as evidenced by your comment:

"They need to get rid of T.O, break up Tony Romo and Jessica Simpson ( I would be willing to take Jessica off his hands, literally, to see the Cowboys back in prime time) and get a head coach who is more than a puppet to that moron owner Jerry Jones".

Does that sound like a ligitamate contender or a side show? :confuse:

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!

Really? :confuse:

jmonroe

I never really understood where that "AMERICA"S TEAM" thing came from. Was it self imposed?

It came from all those decades of winning under Coach Tom Landry. You put a silver star on your helmet, have some hot looking cheerleaders, win championships and Super Bowls with some of the greatest players to play the game... you become "America's Team".

If you want to get technical about that thing, there are several teams in the NFL that have a better following/sell more stuff than the Cowboys and the Steelers are one of those teams.

Typical misinformed Steeler fan. You get that information off a Steeler website. :P According to the unbiased websites I looked at, the Cowboys have the most sold NFL merchandise, the Patriots are second and the Squealers are third. Worldwide total sales are close between the Cowboys and Raiders. No mention of the Squealers. The Cowboys are big in Mexico and Europe as well.

I don't really care about that kind of stuff. I'd rather hide in the woodwork and collect Super Bowl trophies

Really? What position do you play? Or, is your last name Rooney? :P

Does that sound like a legitimate contender or a side show?

Yeah, it does sound like a freak show... that's why I wrote they had to make the right moves. They can win a Super Bowl with Jerry Jones as the owner, as he has 3 of them. I don't think he's going to fire himself. I heard a couple weeks ago that former coach Dan Reeves may become their offensive coordinator. Not sure whether getting rid of Tony Romo would be a good move or not. He's got good feet and a strong arm, but his decision making and judgment are lacking. They definitely need to get rid of B.O... stop making stupid personnel decisions like the
    hiriing of Pacman Jones.

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!

Really?

I believe that "How Bout Them Cowboys" was the Cowboys fans rally cry the year they beat the Steelers in the Super Bowl. But, yeah, despite all the drama on the team, they came pretty close this year to having a Super Bowl run. So, enjoy your win jmonroe... and stop being so jealous of "America's Team". ;)
    You put a silver star on your helmet, have some hot looking cheerleaders, win championships and Super Bowls with some of the greatest players to play the game... you become "America's Team".

First off, the star is blue the helmet is silver. Second, when I watch a football game that’s what I do (watch a football game) those cheerleaders ain’t bad but that’s not why I watch the game. Haven’t you ever heard of Hooters? :) Third, and you’ll lose your mini-van on this one, the Steelers have more players in the Hall of Fame than the Cowboys. So, do you really want to talk about “great players”? I’ve watched more of those “some” than you. :P

According to the unbiased websites I looked at, the Cowboys have the most sold NFL merchandise, the Patriots are second and the Squealers are third.

You may have me there. I’m going by some things I’ve read and by what I’ve heard. I don’t research that kind of stuff. However, I think it’s safe to say that we’re both fans of very popular teams.

So, enjoy your win jmonroe... and stop being so jealous of "America's Team".

Oh, don’t worry about me enjoying a win, I always do that. The Steelers have a 6-pack now. I think the Cowboys have 4 Super Bowl wins IIRC and I’d be willing to bet that the Steelers get another one before the Cowboys do. You should be so lucky as to even let the thought enter your cranium that the Cowboys and Steelers will play in the next Super Bowl. So, when do you want to stop the counting of Lombardi Trophy’s, 5 years from now? Nah, we better make that 10. I wouldn’t do this for just anyone…only an Edmunds poster buddy like you. :D

Who’s jealous? It ain't me.

jmonroe

First off, the star is blue the helmet is silver

ouch... that was a typo ya know. :blush:

The Steelers have a 6-pack now. I think the Cowboys have 4 Super Bowl wins IIRC

Close. The Cowboys have 5 Super Bowl wins. They won against the Dolphins, Broncos, the Bills twice and the Steelers. I think Dallas also holds the record for most Super Bowl appearances at 8. Lost to Steelers twice, and the Colts once.

I’d be willing to bet that the Steelers get another one before the Cowboys do.

Ahhh... a nice friendly wager. How about whoever's team wins a Super Bowl first, the loser has to take a 2 week hiatus (painful but not sadistic) from Edmunds ... lurking permitted only after 9p.m. Kirstie has permission to impose harsher sanctions should loser make an attempt to post... Delete-O-Matic locked and loaded on her hip. Deal... or no Deal??? :shades:

edited: Might be a few years before both line up again against each other in a Super Bowl. So whoevers team goes the furtherest in the playoffs next year (or has the most wins in regular season if neither makes the playoffs) is the winner.
    Close. The Cowboys have 5 Super Bowl wins.

I caught that one myself right after I made my post. I left it there to see if you’re paying attention.

...the loser has to take a 2 week hiatus (painful but not sadistic) from Edmunds ...

Yeah, I’ll grab that bet. Edmunds can use a break from your posts (‘isell’ told me to say that :P ).

So whoevers team goes the furtherest in the playoffs next year (or has the most wins in regular season if neither makes the playoffs) is the winner.

Of course you know that your only chance of winning is if neither team makes it to the playoffs. The Cowboys in the PLAYOFFS, are you kidding me? “PLAYOFFS, PLAYOFFS” ? (said like Jim Maura). :confuse:

jmonroe

Jerry Jones finally got a brain and has dumped T.O from the Dallas Cowboys. Saying now the Cowboys can focus on winning the Super Bowl, and beating the Pittsburgh Squealers, instead of the weekly soap opera post game shows featuring Mr. Owens and fellow prison parroles.

Jerry Jones is a goofball to have signed this guy in the first place, he'd sell his mama to a Las Vegas brothel if it meant winning a few more games. But I give him credit for making this move. The guy wants to win. Now he just needs to keep his big butt in his luxury suite, and off the sidelines and away from the players. Just write the checks Jerry, and please, for the sake of "AMERICA'S TEAM"... put a sock in it.
    At the time I thought it was a bad decision for Bill Belicheat to go for a first down from their own 28 yard line with 2 minutes left in the game. I correctly called the sideline slant that was broken up on 3rd down. Playing the percentages it was probably the correct call. The Pats have a 66% success rate on 3rd and 4th and two. The Colts would have to go 60 or 70 yards to score in 2 minutes, not that difficult a feat for the Colts,or 28 yards with a short field. I liked the fact the Patriots went for it, I liked it even more when he didn't make it.

Just when I think the Cowboys have turned the corner in becoming a real Super Bowl front runner, they turn in a very immature and uninspired effort against the Packers. Hopefully they have learned their lesson and won't take any remaining opponents so lightly. Romo has been playing better though. Go Cowboys!

Also, Go Bengals! :shades:
    I'm a Peyton fan, and I thought it was the best call by Belichick under the circumstances. If Eli had been across the line of scrimmage, then maybe a punt would have been better but if there had been no ball bobble on the 4th down catch, then the game is essentially over.

Belichick didn't manage the timeouts so well, so there was no chance to dispute the spot on the juggled pass. Peyton on the other hand managed to score slowly on their last series so that time was about out when the Colts made the go-ahead score.
    Gutsy call... no doubt. Most other coaches would have ran the ball 3 times then punted. As a head coach you can't be worried about the ramifications (i.e media) of calling a play that doesn't work, especially one that goes outside the norm of what is considered "smart" football. If that play suceeds, everyone is calling "Belichick" the greatest coach that ever lived.

I can't remember the name of the reciever on that forth down play, but he reached up, the football hit his hands,dropped down, then he caught it near his chest. There really wasn't a bobble. Looking at the replays it looked like the Patriots got a bad spot, looked to be either good or short by a few inches (not a yard short). But, like you said, burn your timeouts you risk not having any for what could have been a game changing challenge.
    Yeah, I haven't seen much in the way of replays - just a few YouTube ones. The ref near the scene was moving his hands in the "juggle" signal, but yeah, the spot was probably closer to inches being too short or just enough.

I like the Arkansas high school coach who looked at all the odds, and now his team never* punts. And they keep winning.

*"Coach Kevin Kelley and his Bruins won the state championship in Arkansas' third-largest classification last season and did not punt. This year, they are 7-2 with one punt - the other team was so surprised the ball went 51 yards with no return."

Leader Telegram
    ...but, when they went to the line, I said to myself, "Must be trying to draw them offsides"..

When they snapped it, I said out loud (also to myself), "What an idiot!". And, that was before I saw the result.. I really expected them to make it, but I still thought it was the wrong call.

They held Indy to 17 points over the first three quarters... Punt the ball, and make them go 70 yards.... They need a touchdown, not a field goal.. Peyton Manning may be the best quarterback of all time, but even he doesn't score a TD on 2/3 of his possessions (if we are playing the odds..)

Bill Belichick may be a football genius (and, a snappy dresser!), but that was just a boneheaded call..

That Arkansas high school team is a great story... and, it should serve as a lesson to coaches to not be so conservative.... But, that coach does some pretty dumb stuff, as well.. (Runs out of bounds after fielding the kickoff?). Even that guy should keep an open mind..

Who Dey! :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Some interesting comments over at Advanced NFL Stats (this is really more of Tidester's bailiwick):

"according to the NFLN the Patriots have converted 78% of all 4th downs in recent years"

"Since 2000, including postseason, Bill Belichick had gone for it 16 times on fourth down against the Colts -- and converted 12 (75 percent)."

"Historically, in a situation with 2:00 left and needing a TD to either win or tie, teams get the TD 53% of the time from that field position."

Another angle - take a safety to kill a little time and then try to pin the Colts at their end of the field. Or let Addai score on his 13 yard run, leaving Brady 1:20 to go for the win.
    I will say this about that.. :)

Addai getting tackled on the 1, resulted in me winning this week in Fantasy Football... If he goes in for the TD, I lose...

But, getting back to the real game.... If it was such a good idea, and they have that much faith in Brady... then Brady should have just handed the ball to Dwight Freeney, and let him run it in for a touchdown... Then, when Indy kicked the ball back to them (say.. on their 30?), the Patriots would have only needed a field goal to win, and had a whole two minutes to get it.

No, wait.. that would be dumb, right? :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

WHO DEY!!

Dang, that feels good!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

No, wait.. that would be dumb, right?

Unless the Pats win, then it'd be a brilliant gutsy call that has the added bonus for Pats fan of thumbing their noses at the Colts (and Vegas, for messing with the spread).
    Bill Belichick may be a football genius (and, a snappy dresser!),

LOL... no kidding. As he was walking off the field after the game I commented that his shirt looked like something most people would do their gardening in. Not a professional look at all... should be fined about 10 grand by the NFL and be required to take some type of class in how to dress and accessorise. :sick:
    I can't believe the Cowboys got thumped so badly by the Vikings yesterday. Romo just flat out choked. Lost all poise in the pocket... running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Vikings had a good pass rush, but it wasn't that good. Doesn't seem likely you'll ever win a Super Bowl with a quarterback who folds under pressure.

Give me the Saints and the Colts in the Super Bowl. Saints 34- Colts 31
    Peyton's what, 34? I think he really wants another ring before he starts showing his age. Hard to say if he's going to be as durable as Favre.

I think NO has more depth at the other positions and they play with more emotion.

I like the Colts and was happy to see the Jets knock off the Chargers, since SD always plays the Colts tough. I hope the Cinderella run is over for the Jets, but they could (continue to) surprise us. Not to mention it's not a cakewalk for NO to get to the big game either but home field will help a lot.

Pretty competitive playoff schedule this year. I've actually watched about 3 quarters total. :)
  • dieselonedieselone Member Posts: 5,729
    I'm on the Saints bandwagon myself. I enjoyed watching Brees at Purdue and now in the NFL, the guy is truly a class act. I'd really like to see him earn a ring. Whodat! LOL
    I was pulling for the Saints, but they were very fortunate to win that game against the Vikings. Favre made one poor decision on that interception. I thought the Vikings played it too conservatively when they were in field goal range the last minute of the game. Two running plays when the defensive line was stacked? Vikings had the better offense/defense/team... but 5 turnovers are difficult to overcome.

The Jets sure looked like they were going to win midway through the second quarter. Manning makes a couple great throws to get the Colts a TD before halftime. It's all Colts in the second half. Forget my earlier prediction on the score. Based on yesterdays play, the Colts will steamroll over the Saints in the Super Bowl... 41- 17. A win-win/lose-lose game for me as I like both teams.
  • dieselonedieselone Member Posts: 5,729
    Yeah, the Saints were lucky, but they've won the turn over battle all year. I think the Saints will score more than what the Jets did, but Indy should win. I say colts win 35-31.
    Did you ever see the movie, "Angels in the Outfield"? Well, that's what the Saints last 2 victories reminded me of. Looked as though they had a little help from above. They had a lot of "good fortune" with calls and opponents play. Hard to believe Manning threw that late interception.

The team owner did name the team "Saints", so if anyone should get a little extra help it should be them. But, they've got a really good team and stayed positive despite a late season string of losses. So congrats to the Saints and New Orleans.

Next year it will be the Dallas Cowboys taking home the Super Bowl trophy. :shades:
    Jerry Jones, fire yourself as G.M and president and crawl back to the shadows where the good owners stay. You are ruining my beloved Cowboys. Also, you may want to stop using so much mascara. :sick:
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    How about them Cowboys???

I'm sorry that it sounds like gloating, but right from the Tex Schramm days to now, the 'boys have been an organization that really rubs a lot of people the wrong way. :shades:
    I'm sorry that it sounds like gloating, but right from the Tex Schramm days to now, the 'boys have been an organization that really rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

Why's that... because they always won? The image of being "America's Team" and the classiest organization in football held up until Jerry Jones bought the team. Since then there's been a lot of rubbing... all the wrong way. The more Jones has become involved in daily operations, the less success the Cowboys have had. He gets more "air" time during football games and post game interviews than the players.

Bengals are sucking this year too. Losing a lot of close games. Ochostinko probably not too happy with T.O having a much better season than he is. Too many egomaniacs on one team is never a good idea.

As long as the Steelers, and their perverted quarterback, don't win the Super Bowl I'll be happy.
    Both are looking good.

Despite a few tough loses, the Cowboys are still a strong team and will more than likely make the Super Bowl this year.

The Bengals are much improved without the distraction of B.O and Ochostinko. I look for them to meet the Cowboys in the Super Bowl and lose 24-21.

The other teams: Squeelers, Fudgepackers, 69'ers.... all losers. :sick:
    edited November 2011
    nah, gonna be a NY Super Bowl and Eli will beat the Jets in the last 12 seconds of overtime. :shades: