Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 VW Passat CC

rv65rv65 Member Posts: 1,076
The Passat CC is coming soon. Some cool new features. It won't be decontented like the regular Passat in 2009. A new Touch screen navigation system will be available with iPod integration. The MDI is a really cool adaptor that allows iPod, Aux-in and USB through special cables. iPod must use the iPod cable not the iPod sync and USB cable combined. Dynaudio will be offered and there will be a lux model. For all CC and potential CC owners chat away.

Comments

• bobgwtwbobgwtw Member Posts: 187
    It's a car I'm looking forward to seeing & driving.
    Never owned a German car; but recently had a rented 08 passat while my car was in the shop. Drove it over 2,000 miles was getting 32-34 mpg overall & absolutely loved the way it drove & handled. I drive a lot of miles & wish they would put the diesel in it; then I'd first in line at the dealership when it arrives.
  • rv65rv65 Member Posts: 1,076
    Diesel is available in Europe. They have 3 or 4 diesels over there. Some don't have much power but they get really really good mileage.
  • robger99robger99 Member Posts: 42
    Love the styling of this car! Anyone know what the msrp range is? My lease is up in a couple of months and will be in the market for a new sports sedan.
    Should be 29 to 40K depending on options. Although it might start higher than 29.

Engines
    200 HP 2.0T
    280 HP 3.6

Trim levels and standard features

2.0T Sport :
    17" Phoenix alloy wheels with 235/45 R17 self-sealing "Nailguard" All-Season tires; Sport suspension; Climatic manual air conditioning; Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter; "Comfort" heatable 12-way adjustable power drivers' seat and 8-way power adjustable passenger seat; 3 Power Outlets; Multi-function steering wheel with Aluminum trim; 2-DIN 8-speaker Premium VII AM/FM stereo with in-dash 6-disc CD changer, MP3 compatible, Aux-in located in armrest; ABS with front and rear disc brakes;ASR; ESP; TPMS; Airbags (dual front, front side thorax, front and rear head curtain).

2.0T Luxury:
    Includes Sport features above, plus: 17" Spa alloy wheels with 235/45 R17 self-sealing "Nailguard" All-Season tires; Power panorama sunroof (tilt only); Climatronic dualzone
    auto climate control; Park Distance Control; Automatic headlights with Coming Home; Rain-sensing windshield wipers; Heated washer nozzles; Homelink; Brushed aluminum interior trim; Sirius (TM) Satellite Radio; Leather seating and armrest; 12-way power adjustable "Sport" seats for both driver and passenger with 3 position Memory function for driver's seat and exterior mirrors; self-dimming rearview mirror.

VR6 Sport:
    Includes Luxury and Sport features above, plus: 18" Interlagos alloy wheels with 235/40 R18 self-sealing "Nailguard" All-Season tires; Dynaudio premium sound system; Bi-Xenon headlights with AFS; Power rear window sunshade (not side windows).

VR6 4Motion:
    Includes all features above, plus: 18" Daytona alloy wheels with 235/40 R18 self-sealing "Nailguard" All-Season tires, 4Motion all-wheel drive.

Options

Dynaudio (optional for Luxury model only)

Rear thorax airbags

Technology Package with MDI (PTM):RNS510 Navigation System with 20 gb Hard Drive, Rear view back-up camera ( Delayed Production )

RNS510 Navigation System with 20 gb Hard Drive (Replacement for PTM until PTM is Available)

colors

Candy White
    Mocha Brown Metallic
    Shadow Blue Metallic
    White Gold Metallic
    Deep Black
    Reflex Silver Metallic
    Island Gray Metallic
    Light Brown Metallic
    Iron Gray Metallic

interior
    2.0T models get Vtex seats, luxury and Vr6 get Leather sport seats

Cornsilk Beige/black two tone

Black/black

Pricing

coming soon

disclaimer:while these specs are believed to be 100% correct these specs are subject to change at anytime.

All the trims and options. The Navigation system is all new for 2009 and is a touch screen system and it actually has a 30 GB hard drive with 20 GB allocated for music. The backup camera and the MDI are delayed but you can retrofit it. A new tech feature for 09 is the new MDI. The MDI works with USB thumbdrives, Aux-in, and iPods through a special cable. The iPod cable is on backorder but can be ordered in Europe. You can also retrofit the MDI for a non tech RNS-510 enabled car. Hope this helps.
    Just saw in one of the enthusiast magazines, I think "Automobile", that the base price would be south of $28000. I think the actual figure was $27,400.
    imageSee more Car Pictures at CarSpace.com

This is the official pricing. Dynaudio is optional on the turbo 4 while the RNS-510 will get that cool backup camera. When you have it reverse the VW logo flips up to reveal the camera. The RNS-510 should be 30 GB Hard drive but then again 10 GB is used for storing the map. Music is around 20 GB but actually 18.62 GB. Hope this helps.

Starts at 27K to about 42k for a v6 4motion tech. Check my gallery for better pics.
  • kaysidkaysid Member Posts: 46
    I think the CC can be preordered now at dealers. But I guess this means paying MSRP . Does anyone know when there will be general availability in Dealer stock?

Thanks!
    I heard November or December for availability. Something like that.
    yeah..around that time , I put a call in to some dealers today here in NJ
    most are saying early November to around Thanksgiving time. May vary for other parts of the country..Thanks
    Apreciate the information. 27 K looks like a very competitive price; but the $31,900 for the top of the line seems to be a bit of a stretch for what you're getting for the additional 4 grand.

still looking forward to seeing & driving it; & it's still on my buy list when the Avalon goes next year.
    That doesn't include Dynaudio or Navigation. If buying a lux then stretch for the Dynaudio. It's simply awesome. You get a high quality sound system for 1,000 USD. What a steal.

Edit: 31,990 is just for the Lux 4 cylinder.
    Maybe the audio upgrade; don't need the nav. I travel with a Garmin portable & it does everything the factory units do for a lot less money. As for the engine, I've driven a turbo 4 passat over 2,000 miles while the Avalon was in the shop & find it to be most adequate and a lot of fun to drive.
    They have a non Nav version of the RNS-510 coming out. Maybe for 2010. The RCD-510 has a cd changer and no hard drive. It's also compatible with the MDI which plays various devices including iPod's. Only the RNS-510 navigation unit works with the MDI. VW hasn't upgraded the non nav headunits yet. I think they will by 2010. The dynaudio system is a very highly rated system. It rivals most aftermarket systems
  • chebella82chebella82 Member Posts: 7
    does anyone know why it says "tilt only" for the sunroof... is that implying it won't slide open like a regular sunroof?
    It's one of those vent roofs but it has a panoramic view so all isn't too lost.
  • rustywallisvwrustywallisvw Member Posts: 2
    The roof of the CC is so curved that it will not allow a standard roof operation.
  • csandstecsandste Member Posts: 1,866
    Beautiful car. Very CLS'ish.
  • runyrrunyr Member Posts: 1
    I test drove the 2.0T Luxury model yesterday. It looks great. Interior finish is very good. The seats don't have a lot of length. A taller driver might not be comfortable. The steering is excellent. It's very quiet and comfortable at highway speed. The bottomline for me, however, is it's a front-driver with a brittle low-speed ride. I'll pass.
  • rustywallisvwrustywallisvw Member Posts: 2
    I am an internet sales manager at a VW store in Dallas and here is my take on this car:
    If you take our loaded VR6 4motion with navigation and sit it next to the benchmark car(CLS) you will quickly see that for 30k less, you get, in my opinion, a more attractive car with 90% of the content and driving character. This is a simple decision. I am selling faster than I can get 'em.

THE BEST DESIGN SINCE THE SIROCCO.
  • hampsterdamhampsterdam Member Posts: 18
    Beautiful body. But I can't stomach the two-tone beige/black seats. I don't want all black interior. Looking to replace my 2000 A4 and thinking of Acura or Lexus; my German cars have required too much costly repairs for me. Thought this might be a good (fantastic!) alternative (but back in the German fold) but can't stand the two-tone.
    I agree. the cornsilk/black just doesn't work with some of the exterior colors, and black isn't practical here in the hot south. I've been waiting for this car, and drove a luxury 2.0 today. Came away a little disapointed. Absolutely lousy visibility, entry/exit hampered by the steep rake of the windshield, a sunroof that won't open, seats that - to me - are less comfortable that the Passat; and an extra four grand for the luxury features over the standard seems a little steep to me.

It still drives great, but an TSX Acura is a more practical car that also drives well and offers a better value and probably better resale; and when they put the diesel in it next year I'll be there with checkbook in hand to replace the Avalon,
  • ambuonoambuono Member Posts: 15
    I test drove the Luxury model yesterday and while very impressed with styling I could not get past the jittery ride. I am wondering if any one else has experienced this with this car or was there something wrong with the car I test drove?

Would love to hear other impressions...
    I drove a Luxury yesterday and was impressed with the ride & handling at 65-70 on the interstate. It was a little stiff at 25-40 mph on some of the local streets, but not objectionably so. To me it was a reasonable trade off for the excellent ride & handling on the road.
  • beer4704beer4704 Member Posts: 46
    CC is way cool looking. I loved the two tone seats but I only saw them w/silver exterior. Too bad, as I am tired of seeing too many silver cars. Interior looked well put together and exterior design smacks of MB, new Accord and BMW. This is a good thing as I think all are sharp cars. Loaded with V6 and nav, sticker was $41,900 or so. Damed expenseive for a VW. 4 cly with nav was $7K less, a bit better. Base looked to be $29 and change. Great looking car and effort from VW, let's see how they hold up. Hopefully typical (electrical) gremlins won't be in this model.
  • keithlkeithl Member Posts: 106
    Yeah I was attracted to this car after seeing pics, but $42K for the V6 sport loaded is a bit high for a VW, you are smack in G37 low end BMW territory and honeslty a different class, but a loaded Genesis is $40K and may likely be more reliable, just more of a luxury ride.
  • miamiccmiamicc Member Posts: 6
    I think I have one of the first CC in Miami. I bought my car a week ago in Ft.Lauderdale, and I have not seen any on the streets of Miami. It is really cool to see people looking at my car and wondering what it is. I am writing here because I cannot get my iPod to work. I have a USB sync cable, and like mentioned here, it does not work. The dealer has no idea where I can find the cable that I need, and the car manual is almost useless (with outdated info). I have no idea where I can find this "special cable"...?
    Since you probably have the new touch screen nav then there is a cable. Part number is 000 051 446 C. It's in stock and just write it down and show it to the parts person. This is the required iPod cable. It's one of those special order parts though they may have it there. Hope this helps.
    Guys, will there be a CC Prices Paid and Lease Questions Forum as there are for other makes and models or is this being rolled up under the Passat forums?
    I am gearing up to leasing possibly buying a CC in the next couple of months and these forums are always invaluable when people contribute.
    Cheers
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Why don't you ask the hosts of that board? You can leave a post them in this discussion: Requests Here.

Good luck with your pursuit and keep us posted!
    I think I got a good deal on mines. The MSRP for the luxury with navi is about $35k and I got it for $32k. I leased for 39 months / 15k miles and inception costs ($2k) and the payments where $500. I added $5k insurance so I can turn it in without worrying and I extended the b2b warranty to cover the complete lease. In comparison, the new A4 was about the same but it was bare bones. This car really has everything that I wanted, except bluetooth. Hope this helps...
    miamicc,

Did you order the part number 000 051 446 C like I asked you. That is the correct cable. If you dealer won't let you order than try another dealer. Make sure you order it at the parts department. That will make your iPod fully functional.
    Yep, thanks for the tip, just requested a CC Prices Paid and Lease questions forum. Until then Im sure people can use this forum and then they can move the threads across when they do set it up.
    Cheers!
    Congrats! Im actually looking for a bare bones 2.0T manual. But its nice to know your getting nearer invoice then MSRP. Were you able to get the new lease rates which were reduced starting a week or so ago. The standard rates before were quite a bit higher (MF .00310 down to .00249) I think.
    Ok so now we do have an official CC prices paid and buying experience forum and lease questions forum.
    Just hope people use it now.. :)

CC Prices Paid and Buying Experience

CC Lease Questions
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Member Posts: 1,681
    I just finished a first test drive of a CC 2.0T Auto. The manual will be in in about 10 days so I can check that one out then.

I love the looks of this car (was cross shopping the new Mazda 6—which I also think is beautiful)

The automatic was fine (why no DSG ?!?) and I didn't want the 3.6L...but would have preferred the new 2.0T in the A4 (mr mega torque).

The salesman did mention that this is a 'new' 2.0T that there were a number of revisions that should increase the long term reliability and decrease maintenance costs (relocation of fuel pump...something else). Does anybody have a link to a specific article on this?

One thing I did notice was the handling was AWESOME. Immediately after pulling away from the dealership I notice the totally flat stance...even quick lane changes didn't disrupt it. Great seats as well. Head room in the back was as expected...tight for me (6'3”).

I drove through a part of town with real windy roads and elevation changes and easily maneuvered through traffic at much higher speeds than I should have. It wasn't the total speed, which again was much too fast, but the feel and confidence; I took a Mazda6 V6 a couple minutes earlier and at a certain portion where the road was winding down to the left I had a nervous feeling as I had to get off the throttle because of the under steer and body roll...the CC totally outclassed it (and the Mazda6 was a fine automobile).

One thing I don't care for in the CC (the sport...or base) is the center console...it just looks cheap. Not exactly the radio...but the LCD read out with the fake aluminum (I think the Luxury model makes an explicit note indicating it is 'real' aluminum) I think it may have been the combination of the radio with the all black interior (I like the two-tone); and I don't think the NAV is available on the 2.0T Sport...which is the only one that you can get a manual with.

Classy is the word the comes to mind when I think of the CC...too bad they offered half my payoff amount
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Yes!! Thanks for getting that to happen. :)

Everyone can access them from the Passat group level as well as from the links you provided.

Thanks again!
    All 09 Passat CC's with nav come with the MDI aka Media-In system. This system can play USB, aux and iPod. For those who are having iPod troubles with the USB cable will need to order 000 051 446 C. That's the right cable. All CC owners with Navi that have an iPod should buy this cable ASAP. You can get it at your local dealer. This cable will fully integrate the iPod. It's about $51 to 70 but it's cheaper than the POS VW iPod adaptor that doesn't integrate with the iPod. Prices may vary though. It's in stock and will be there within a few days or up to a week. .
    Pet Peeve...

No NAV with the 6spd???

Does anybody know if, or when, they will correct this oversight?

Other manufacturers that offer a manual offer NAV...IS250, TSX etc...
    You can add the nav to a 6 speed model. It's retrofittable.
    you certain? Are dealers aware of this?

So 'everything' would get installed...30gb hd, auxiliary multimedia connector, SD card slot, backup camera, etc?

Do you know what the cost of this would run? Sounds like a pricey prospect to me.

I haven't tested many NAV systems...but this one looks like one of the best for graphics/ergonomics/design/functionality...much better than CTS and G35...and new Acura's...I like the NAV in the Lexus IS, but didn't do a direct comparison.

I was impressed with my brief play time.
    Yes! Thank you so much. That cable is nothing like what I expected. It is not a USB at all. It works just fine, and I got it online for $15-20 less than at the dealership, which was clueless to begin with about what I needed. So thanks for the posting and the advise...
    You're welcome. It's got a dock connector. Glad you are enjoying it. Keep posting this to other new CC owners with the nav and iPod. The MDI will also be on non-nav models but that won't be for another 1 to 2 model years, since it requires some non nav radios that have yet to be released here in the states. Then non nav owners can have the full iPod integration as the nav users.
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    I think the CC is a very sharp car. Cheap, no, but any car built in Germany is not inexpensive to manufacture.

But with the iffy quality and less than premium materials of some of the cars like Mercedes, a loaded to the max 4 motion V6 CC is not that bad of a deal at just a little over 42k.

Your 70 grand Mercedes CLS will be lucky to be worth 30k in 3 years time with the horrid depreciation and bad reputation of the brand.

Doesn't make the VW look like it's overpriced then. No matter what the brand, any AWD car with close to 300hp and all the tech goodies is 40k plus.
    I agree that the CC is a sharp car; but VW ranks right up - er down there - with Mercedes when it comes to quality, shoddy workmanship & service costs.

I'd like to buy a cc; but it's not a good value. I drive 55.000 miles a year & replace my car roughly every three years. I'm not willing to live with the depreciation, problems & cost of maintaining it when there are reliable relatively trouble free Asian ccars available.
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    I'm not sure why VW can't seem to get the nagging check engine lights, sensors, and other electrical things down.

It's not that their cars fall apart...they hold up quite well. Its always having to run back to the dealership to fix the small things that get annoying.

Audi has done an amazing job over the last 1/2 decade with this stuff. Not sure why VW can't follow the same lead. Especially now that they are into cars 40-55k.
    You can do it. It's possible if you have time and money. I have seen the RNS-510 with nearly everything you need for 2,030. You will need a sirius extension cable and the MDI. The backup camera is about 800 USD extra. The MDI is 250 USD plus 50 to 60 depending on the cable. The MDI has special cables for Aux, iPod, and mini USB. MDI comes with the USB cable. You can't use the USB cable for the iPod. iPod requires 000 051 446 C which is the MDI iPod cable.

The best bluetooth kit is about 500 USD. It adds up but you can do this gradually.
    1K8 035 730 B

Apparently the ETKA has this part number listed as a factory bluetooth module. It might have both basic and premium in it. It looks like a premium kit rather than the tried and true Skoda one. The premium kit is like an in car cellphone while the Skoda kit is more like the bluetooth systems that other cars have. I would think it would be Basic and Premium. Will probably have BT audio streaming for the RNS-510. Appears to be better than the Volk-L kit. Skoda kit doesn't work with the CC due to the steering wheel controls. The 1K8 unit can be had for 421 for just the unit itself. Probably needs a mic, harness, and programming. The Volk-L kit is just an in car headset. So Volk-L is a temporary solution until they can release the factory module which can be retrofitted.
    Also 1K8 035 730 also works as well and thats the orderable part .
    The nav system for the 09 Passat CC and all other models has been slightly revised. This new revision has a different software and firmware revision. The MUTE button is now the PHONE button. That means VW is close to releasing a factory bluetooth option that has RNS-510 integration. The RNS-510 has a bluetooth menu where you can access your phone book and touchscreend dialing. This kit will likely have voice recognition and MFI/MFD integration in addition to the touch screen.

VW is planning to replace the current non nav radio with the RCD-310 and the RCD-510. The RCD-510 is basically a non nav RNS-510. It has the same touch screen and similar graphics. The RCD-510 has a slightly different fascia though.It doesn't have a hard drive but has an SD slot. They also added in a 6 CD/DVD/MP3 changer. These new head units are also compatible with the MDI which means integrated iPod with the right cable. The RCD-510 also has a touch screen bluetooth menu as well.

All in all VW is finally going to roll out a bluetooth as a factory option and new non nav radios are on the way.
    http://www.vwlabs.com/

Check out the Nav Companion feature. You can import destinations via SD card. You must use an SD card no bigger than 2 GB. You can also read Page 83 on the RNS-510 manual.

Press NAV, touch the memory function key, then press confirm. This is a very nice feature.