Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2009 VW Passat CC

Comments

• danprtrdanprtr Posts: 25
    6spd. first tank of gas 30.4mpg. according the trip computer. highway driving was about 280mi. at average 75mph. Dan
    Thanks for the info. Had to look up DSG and it sounds cool (love manual trannies). VW's history with electrical malfunctions combined with the newness of the technology would worry me. However, the electrical assist steering worked great and I really liked it the '06 Passat and I like the same steering even better on the '09 CC. Dan
  • gregg_vwgregg_vw Posts: 2,437
    This technology has been available on various models for over 10 years and it tends to work flawlessly (why would you expect it to be any less reliable than any power window?). On my 2001 TT it never failed to work right.
    DSG is no longer new tech. It is proven tech (available for many model years now).
  • rv65rv65 Posts: 1,076
    http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/

Try this formatter. Also try FAT16 on the SD cards. It will work with 2 GB SD cards.
    Here is my low tech "Homelink" solution. Pushing up on the visor presses the garage remote button against the light in the headliner. Ain't fancy but works.

Doesn't look too bad in normal operation either (Compared to the clipping it too the bottom of the visor which is what I was doing):
    One more change. There will now be rear end badges. One that says CC and the other that says 2.0T or 3.6 4motion.
    Where did you get your information? Any possibility of a diesel version here in the US?
    No plans for a TDI CC yet. Maybe it will some day. The forums won't let me reveal where I get my information. I do know that a new touch screen non nav radio will be standard.

Courtesy of my-gti.com for the pic. This is the european RCD-510 aka Premium VIII. The US version supports Sirius and HD radio. I've posted information on that radio a bunch of times. It does however support full iPod integration via the MDI and it's special iPod cable. I hear that Bluetooth will be standard and there will be two bluetooth kit. 9W2 which is a basic kit and nav models get the 9W3 UHV Premium kit that supports Bluetooth Audio streaming.
    http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/500/MY2010_change_points_US_-_2009-04-22.pdf

It confirms of what I've just said. The POS VW iPod adapter is being replaced by the MDI with it's special iPod cable. I'm glad they made that decision since you now get full iPod integration. Non Nav owners can finally enjoy full iPod integration :).
  • samiksamik Posts: 1
    I have a CC 2.0T Automatic. I've been tracking the mileage since I've bought the car 3 months ago and I've been getting only 20 mpg. Thats pretty disappointing, considering that the i drive 70% on highways and around 30% in city. VW claims around 20 mpg in city and 30 on highways, so I was expecting my average mileage to be around 25 mpg, but I get only 20 mpg.

What are other people with the 2.0 T getting with their CCs? Please do respond.

Thanks.
  • ccownerccowner Posts: 5
    I bought the same car in March of this year and I too drive mostly on the turnpike. My average mileage has been on average 25-27 MPG, nowhere near 30. My average speed is 75-85 MPH. I too was expecting a greater percentage. My previous car was a BMW 740 that was averaging 20-24 same drive daily. So I too am disappointed in the minimal increase in MPG.
    With average speeds of 75-85, you are getting very good mileage. Please recall that pre-2007 EPA estimates were based on average highway speeds of more like 50 and the newer standards are based on no more than 65 (the legal limit most places). The CC should easily get 30 mpg or even better if you lower your speed to something safer like 65-70. I repeat, if you continue driving in excess of 75, you are getting very good mileage at 25-27 mpg.
  • threxxthrexx Posts: 42
    I still can't seem to find any reliable meaning to the road noise statistics that Edmunds gives.

They just did a full test of the VW CC and specifically cited "Road noise" as something that could stand for improvement on the car. So I look over at the specifications and see they measured 67.0 dB at 70mph cruise.

I think to myself "That'ss not great, but not high... I'll look around to some other tests". So then I find the BMW 750i they've been driving for some time now. I've never seen them complain about noise, and I'd think if noise were at all noticeable in a flagship near 100k dollar luxo cruiser like that, they'd be complaining much more quickly than they would in the CC... and yet they measured 66.7 dB at 70mph... just 0.3 dB less than the CC, and made no mention of noise levels. Same with the ES350 which by most standards is a car people would probably expect to be quieter than a similarly or lesser priced VW, but it got a rating of 67.5 dB (0.5 higher).

Dan Edmunds actually replied to an email I sent in to Edmunds asking about consistency in road noise measurements and gave a lot of great info. He stated some things I already figured like wind direction, temperature, track surface, etc can all make a difference. He also stated a couple things I hadn't thought of, like how one noise can be technically as loud or maybe even quieter than another noise, but be far more noticeable and irritating. To a decibel meter it doesn't matter, but to the human ear it stands out.

So I guess it sounds like I'm answering my own qualm here, but I guess this just further enhances my case for the need for more thorough sound measurement testing... testing that's done in a more lab like environment and is broken down into frequency ranges to demonstrate noise that stands out more than others. Dan said they were working on something like this, so all I can say is... hurry up! :P
  • 5539655396 Posts: 529
    We tried out a CC V6 in Tucson. The one complaint we had was road noise. Not horrible, but louder than it should have been. And, I would expect it to increase with tread wear as there is less and less rubber to isolate it. I expect it may be worse on the roads up north. Some concrete highways have sections that shift with truck traffic, causing one edge of a section to be higher than the next. The result is a slapping sound that is very irritating, A test should definitely be included for this.
  • alman08alman08 Posts: 282
    An Alfa Romeo 164 had a lot of road noise and engine noise, yet I LOVED that noise the car made. A toyota MR2 turbo and Honda S2000 would love to scream all the way to 6000 RPM and I loved that noise those cars made.
    Some would love the kind of road noise that a Chrysler 300C made, yet I disliked it...
  • m6userm6user Posts: 3,181
    I've noticed the same kind of inconsistencies with turning radius. It seems that all reviewers knocked the 2003-2008 Mazda6 for turning radius but raved about the new Malibu which has a larger turn radius than the Mazda6 and never mentioned once that I can remember reading. I believe if one writer/tester/reviewer would have zero'd in on the over 40' turning radius of the Malibu......most would have mentioned it. I firmly believe most reviewers get biased from reviews they themselves read and zero in on items that other reviewers have written about. If they tested the cars with a "fresh mind" so to speak I think we would get a lot better reviews.

Why don't they? It's a lot easier and faster to paraphrase what somebody else has already wrote! I'm not suggesting plagarism but when you read some of these reviews it comes close.
    Yes, but what do you think of the CC?
  • m6userm6user Posts: 3,181
    Sorry to bore you. The CC is a gorgeous looking car inside and out. A 170hp TDI/DSG version would be perfect IMO. I look at the early comments in this thread and can't believe the negative reviews of the exterior.
    Me either. It is one very attractive and distinctive sedan in a sea of boredom. I would buy one in a minute if it were available here with a TDI.
  • miamiccmiamicc Posts: 6
    I have had my CC for 6 months now, and I have had to change every bulb on the rear lights. It does not seem normal for a new car to run out the bulbs so quickly. The Passat uses different light system, so I am thinking there is something wrong with this configuration. Anyone has had similar problem?
  • purdygirlpurdygirl Posts: 2
    I have had my CC for about two months now and I absolutely LOVE IT! When I first got it I traveled long distance from Charleston, SC to Charlottesville, Va which is a little over 500 miles. I went about 75 mph most of the time and when I reached Charlottesville I still had a quarter of a tank left. I have the 6-speed manual and lots of power. Before my CC I had a 2001 1.8T Jetta that I loved but decided it was time for something new. The VW dealership gave me $4000 for the car which had some things wrong with it which I thought was impressive because in Kelly Blue Book it was running for $4250. The price on my CC was $30,000 and by the time I walked out of it I got it for $22,000 (I put the $4,000 down on it as well). I have had no problems at all! There is some noise when accelerating but I LOVE to hear that engine roar! I also have Sirius and the sound system is great. The only thing I don't like is that it only holds four people but overall I would recommend this car to anyone!
  • purdygirlpurdygirl Posts: 2
    I got my cable from Best Buy for my IPod. To get AUX to work you need to press CD twice. If you have any questions someone from Best Buy will got out to your car and look at it for you so that you get what you need. Hope this helps.
    If your car has nav you could have gotten the proper cable which is part number 000 051 446 C. I assume you don't have nav. 000 051 446 C can't be had at best buy. Only dealers carry it. It's great because you can get full integration. Oh well.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 11,077
    A national reporter is looking to speak to consumers who purchased a Volkswagen (VW) vehicle recently (within the past four months). Please send your daytime phone number and the vehicle you own to [email protected] by Friday, June 5, 2009.

Thanks,
    Chintan
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

• I'm looking at for a 2010 cc sport and wanted to know if the incentives/pricing will get better in October 09 or will be the same as September 09?

Is pricing better on leases or buying?

Also, I got a insurance quote on a 2010 cc and it was $19 per month higher than my current 02 passat insurance rate with everything being the same. My problem is that I got a quote on a 2010 passat and it came out less than $2 more per month. Why would the cc be that much more expensive to insure then the almost the same passat?
  • This is a question for the forum hosts.
    Why is this forum not listed under Volkswagen CC? That forum just states,
    "There are currently no discussions about the Volkswagen CC.
    Please sign in to start a new discussion."

I am afraid that this is probably making a lot of people miss the great discussions in this forum.
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Posts: 1,681
    Insurance: In my area, central TX, State Farm quoted me an insurance rate lower than anything else. IS 250, IS350, TSX, TL, 335i, Mazda 6 (even 4cyl)

Not sure how it compares to the Passat rates tho.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Look now. And thanks. :)
  • Thanks Ivan_99. My insurance is USAA.