Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen Routan Prices Paid and Buying Experience

124»

Comments

• urdosturdost Member Posts: 2
    I am getting 2010 Routan SEL Prem w/RSE & NAV for 31,900 plus $99 proc fee, $800 freight, tags and taxes. Is this a good deal?

For 2010 Routan SEL with RSE and Nav, it is 29k plus $99 proc fee, $800 freight, tags and taxes.

There are only 2 SEL premiums left in DC/VA/MD area.

Thanks
  • jshaojshao Member Posts: 2
    Karpediem, did you pay cash or finance? Could you please share the dealer's information? Thanks
  • karpediemkarpediem Member Posts: 46
    We put some cash down and financed the rest. The dealer we went through was Williams Auto World in Lansing, MI. If you check out their VW website they are advertising $8,000 off MSRP, I assume you will have work 'em to get to $10,000.
  • jshaojshao Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the information. I just purchased the Routan SE without RSE from the Williams Auto World yesterday. we did all the work online and picked up the van in 30 minutes.

The OTD is 23200. ( tax is 6%)
  • janganjangan Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased this one ($11000 off MSRP). The dealer is out of state (New Jersey), having it shipped for $850 via an auto transport shipper on my own. Still better than anything I could find close to where I live.

They said they have a few more routans (SE & SEL) at this discount if purchased before end of the year. If anyone is interested, post a reply here and I can give the dealer name.
  • familycar8familycar8 Member Posts: 1
    jangan, I'm interested. can you give me the dealer name? many thanks.
  • walkingfishwalkingfish Member Posts: 2
    I am interested as well and please post the dealer's name here.

thanks
  • janganjangan Member Posts: 2
    The dealer is three county VW, Lyndhurst, NJ you can google them for website and phone number. If you end up dealing with them, please tell them you heard about the offer from the recent Routan buyer in Austin.

Also if you end up buying from them, I would appreciate if you can post your experience as well here.
  • pdx2002pdx2002 Member Posts: 4
    Could you please let me know your contact email since I am going to buy a Routan from a NJ dealer soon? Did you find a transporter by yourself? Did you pay any document fee to the VW dealer? Did you ask somebody to inspect the car before the shipping? Thanks a lot!
  • jsylvesterjsylvester Member Posts: 572
    Been shopping Routans - the best deal I've found so far is $6,600 off of list on any SE with RSE - a little less if it is without the RSE.

Not to sound spoiled, but I'm really don't need to buy until the middle of June, so the issue is whether to jump on a leftover 2010 marked down by $8,500, or wait and see if the markdowns increase on the 2011's once the 2010's are gone, and Chrysler, Dodge, Nissan etc. get up to full inventory on their 2011's.

I prefer the 2011 SE due to the better engine, and the roof rack is now standard, but saving $3,000 by buying a 2010 (including the price increase) is tempting.
  • cheapdad0000cheapdad0000 Member Posts: 169
    Have you been able to test drive a 2011 yet? Are they any smoother/more powerful with the stronger engine? Outside of the previous questions, how long do you plan to own the vehicle? If you plan to sell within the next 3-5 years, then waiting for the 2011 (if you can get it at a good price) may be the best bet, because the depreciation on the ones with the weaker engines will be fairly steep.
  • ktb7ktb7 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car Guy,

I know that this is a great deal right now but can I get any better? This vehicle is obviously not selling well and I'm not even sure if VW is going to continue the model.

Other dealers have turned down the sale price saying that it is too low.

Should I wait to see what happens or buy now?

Thanks,
    Car Buyer
    Just purchased today for $29,500 including freight at Fitzgerald VW in Annapolis, MD.
  • wonderinginmdwonderinginmd Member Posts: 4
    Hi ktb7,

Nice deal! Which sales rep did you work with at Fitzgerald? Did you finance privately or use VW or Fitzgerald financing? I'm in Laurel and may be in the market for my second Routan.

Thanks! Tom
    Hi Tom,

I worked with Tom Asher at Fitzgerald. I hope it was a great deal and financing was not a factor in the price.

Please let me know how you do.
  • urdosturdost Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for my first minivan. Would you mind providing the following information?

1) What's the realistic mileage in city/highway?
    2) ktb7 - Did you buy 2011 SEL Routan with RSE and NAV with the price you mentioned? That looks like a great deal!
    3) How's the finance rate these days?

Thanks,
    urdost
  • jsylvesterjsylvester Member Posts: 572
    I bought mine from this dealership in northeast Ohio - Medina Volkswagen/Mazda.

The price on their website is what I paid.

Currently an SEL with RSE and NAV is $32,095
  • catonqiancatonqian Member Posts: 1
    Have got an offer for 2011 vw rountan se w/o rear entertain for 22,590 () market sugest: 32,590) before tax and document fee. Is this a big deal?
    Thank you, Caton
  • bestdealohbestdealoh Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2011
    Caton-
    Which dealership offered that price? That is a very good price!
  • dangnabbitdangnabbit Member Posts: 30
    Just bought a new 2011 routan se with the rse. Price was about $10K off sticker. Probably could've pushed for a better deal but wanted to get car-shopping over and done with. Not a demo. Just a straight cash deal.
  • howard75howard75 Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2011
    Hi-Dangnabbit:

Congratulations.. it is a great deal. May I ask where is your location and which dealership? I am in Michigan and I hope I can get the same deal.. SE + RSE is sufficient for me.

Thanks..
    Hi Caton:

Great price..May I ask where is the dealership? Thanks..

Howard
  • dangnabbitdangnabbit Member Posts: 30
    I'm in St. Louis and they have two major VW dealerships -- one is Bommarito and the other is the Dean Team. Both have advertised $10K off on their SE's with RSE (internet pricing). They might balk at first saying that the price includes all discounts including military, loyalty, and that destination charge is not included. But they ended up honoring their internet price (even though I'm not military nor a previous VW customer). Truth be told, I got the feeling I could've gotten a better deal, maybe another $500 off or maybe an SEL for almost the same price). But the weather was hot and the kids were whining and I just wanted to get home and relax/enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    edited July 2011
    Thanks Dangnabbit. This is excellent.

Did you finance with them? VW has 0 APR for 72 months, although I understand you are not suppose to get both ($ off and 0 APR)

Sorry..didn't notice it is straight cash deal...so no financing..

First contacted dealer in Michigan can do $6000 off. That's the best they can do.. Will keep looking around.
  • higgledyhiggledy Member Posts: 28
    How is it allowed dealers give you money off but not include the 0% financing? On VW's site it only lists the 0% apr, not an either-or apr or rebate. Seems shady to me.
    Well it is sort of standard practice. VW gives you either a large sum of cash toward the purchase OR the 0% for qualified buyers. You can’t combine the two. (of course unless the dealer says otherwise :)

And now the price of Routan 2011 is even lower: up to $11,200 off MSRP. A dealer at MO...why MO again ? :) Hope I live there..
    -------------------------------------------------------
    July end of month Specials!

2011 Jetta TDI's as low as $21,900 this week only! - 25 IN-STOCK

2011 Jetta Gas models at $1300 under cost this week only!

Starting at just $15,995 and 1.9% APR available.

2011 Routans get up to $11,200 OFF this week only!

2012 CC's have 0%APR up to 72 months this week only!

Suntrup Volkswagen

6000 S. Lindbergh

Saint Louis, MO 63123
  • dschwags1dschwags1 Member Posts: 2
    SE/RSE $24,610

im in SE Michigan, i have been shopping around for a bit for a SE/RSE. I came across the dealership in Medina OH which they were offering their stock of SE/RSE for $24955 with minimal fees totaling about $285 in state doc and transfer fees, i thought this was a very fair price and worth the drive. One last time i would see what offers i could get with this quote from Medina to shop around locally via the dealerships website "make me an offer".

Dealers generally could not do any better than about $3-4k higher than Medina's number, but one not only matched the price but came in lower :shades:
  • antihoneyantihoney Member Posts: 6
    got SE W/ RSE NAV for 11000 off MSRP
  • coupedncalcoupedncal Member Posts: 252
    Could you kindly confirm if they were able to do 0% APR with this $11k off MSRP deal? The local dealers in the bay area are not able to provide both and best cash price is $10.5k off MSRP but with 0% APR, they add another $5k to the price. :(
  • dschwags1dschwags1 Member Posts: 2
    i am pretty certain though Volkswagen it is $4-5k off, or %0 APR. You can always check with the dealer to see what they offer or have networked with other financial institutions for vehicle financing outside of the manufacturers.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    If you take the 0% APR, then the dealer has to forego the $5K cash incentive.... raising your price...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• bprbpr Member Posts: 1
    On Labor day I bought a fully LOADED 2011 Routan SEL w/RSE (2 separate DVD systems) and Nav. I got the $4k rebate plus another $4100 off the sticker price, which included destination charges. Dealer would not give the 0% rate since I got the $4K rebate. However, I got a 1.88% interest rate through bank financing which they arranged. The Routan must be selling better here in VA (or the economy is better), since we don't seem to get as good a deal as others do in different states. I'm still happy with the price though.
  • artgodartgod Member Posts: 1
    Looking to get a new one wondering what the avg is people are getting off. Ive been offered $7000 off with the 0% but am hoping People have gotten better deals. Even with that 28k isnt a terrible price.
  • minivanmommy2minivanmommy2 Member Posts: 1
    What state and city was that in? I'm in California and they are offering 9,000 off MSRP which brought it down to 30,071 but with 3.9% APR tax and license it was about 35,000 total. Thanks in advance :)
    Oh and they told me it was only good til today.
  • laderatttladerattt Member Posts: 2
    What dealership??

I am interested in one too
  • laderatttladerattt Member Posts: 2
    Hello...

Can you let me know where you got the 11k off MSRP? I am in california and the best I have gotten offered is 8k...

Thanks in advance!
  • amtbooksamtbooks Member Posts: 11
    I hear people are getting $12000 off SE recently in the east coast, any one has luck in the west coast lately?
  • jacklarue2002jacklarue2002 Member Posts: 5
    Wow, I wish I had seen this posting. Just bought 2011 VW Routan RSE/NAV at $8.5K discount in Wellesley MA. Saw ads in today's local paper for for $9.6K & $10K. Oh well, still a great deal with all the features. Dual screen is great for kids.
  • imyopushaimyopusha Member Posts: 4
    Purchased a '12 Routan SE w/ RSE & NAV:

MSRP: 35500

Negotiated price: 31300
    + 400 Doc fee and $390 tax/tags
    +1000 6/60,000 warranty (1749 was MSRP)

This was in Augusta, GA. Look forward to picking it up tomorrow!
  • tomas007tomas007 Member Posts: 1
    At Philadelphia, PA

MSRP: 34310
    Sale price: 9K off MSRP (including a supplier purchase program, otherwise 8.5K off)
    Plus tax and TTL
    OTD price: $27,060

The dealer is very nice. No tricks. No push sale for any extended warranty or so.
  • ea7576ea7576 Member Posts: 10
    Sticker $34,310. Paid $25,900 + tax and tag. Traded 2010 Routan SE (no RSE) for $15,500 (paid $23,000 new 3 years ago so I thought that was a good deal). 2.9% on balance and the dealer thru in 2 extra head sets for the RSE.

Purchased in Naperville, IL
  • ctomctom Member Posts: 11
    can you tell me where in Naperville? many thanks.

and do you like vehicle so far?
  • bobj12bobj12 Member Posts: 1
    Most dealers in Connecticut and Massachusetts will agree to this deal if you are firm with your offer.
  • ea7576ea7576 Member Posts: 10
    Bill Jacobs - Very happy so far.
  • nanchizinanchizi Member Posts: 1
    I am in Northern NJ but would be willing to travel for this deal (i.e., $12,000 off MSRP for a 2012 SE with RSE & Nav). Could you provide names of some dealers that would still have this deal? I don't have access to local ads so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • no_more_vwsno_more_vws Member Posts: 1
    We bought a 2010 for $29k (Book was $32k at the time) with 22k miles. We now have 45k miles on it and still owe $26k but the vehicle is only worth (according to NADA) $18,700 !!!!!!

This is the worse value vehicle I have ever owned. We are now stuck with the money pit. I hate to see its value next year. My wife loves VWs and I wanted an Oddessey. New both were $39k, Honda is now worth $27,000 and Routan is now worth only $18.7K.

Never will I buy my wife a VW again.