Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Venza Prices Paid

Comments

• bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Slance

I think the Accord Wagon - called Accord Tourer currently sell in Japan will cross the ocean to USA next year ... below is the photos ... of course pricing is TBA

Front View
    http://www.carspace.com/bigdadi118/Albums/bigdadi118%27s%20Album/09_accord_toure- r.jpg/page/photo.html#pic

Rear View
  • higgledyhiggledy Member Posts: 28
    That Accord wagon is sweet looking, is wagons can be sweet looking. Anyway, I think the Accord wagon will kick Toyota right in the Venza. :)
  • marqmarq Member Posts: 7
    Only 1394 Vevzas sold in January ( http://jalopnik.com/5145511/toyota-january-sales-drop-344) yet Texas dealers want MSRP and load them with expensive options before They hit the lot! No thanks. I will wait until next Fall and see what Honda and others offer.
  • lal_cltlal_clt Member Posts: 29
    I went through all of the posts to this discussion board and wrote down the dealerships that members have noted for really good deals. I plan to buy a Venza in the late spring when my Highlander lease runs out and knowing there are deallers willing to come off MSRP by $3K or greater has made me feel a lot better. So, let me share this list with you. I'm in the Carolinas but I won't hesitate to drive to say, MD, for a good deal. Thanks everyone for your help.

Antioch Toyota, Antioch, CA
    Beaman Toyota, Nashville, TN
    Car Max, Kenosha, WI and Laurel, MD
    FitzMall, Gaithersburg, MD and Chambersburg, PA
    Ramsey NJ (not sure of dealership)
    Rhinelander Toyota, Rhinelander, WI
    Toyota of Morristown, Morristown, NJ
    Rt 22 Toyota, Hillside, NJ
    Vallejo, CA (not sure of dealership)
  • soonercatsoonercat Member Posts: 48
    My OK dealer quoted me sticker Saturday. I about laughed but just said thanks we are still looking. I immediately went on line and got easy quotes of $1000 to 1500 off from other dealers. Invoice will be the norm once the newness goes away.
    Toyota of Lake Norman here in Charlotte said there wasn't any special financing from Toyota and the didn't want to come off MSRP. In addition, they add the etching & clearcoat and extra dealers fees on for an extra $1,200 to every car.

When I leased my Highlander in '05 they told me that if I came back and purchased/leased another car from them they would waive the excess mileage charge. I was pretty naive to listen to them. I expect they will try to add the excess mileage cost to the price of the new vehicle - so I'd end up paying interest on the excess mileage. I've haven't gone back to talk to them but I'll be curious to see what tricks they have up their sleeve. I know better now and I'll go elsewhere.
  • md_outbackmd_outback Member Posts: 185
    For about $100 or less you can fly one-way from Charlotte to Baltimore and buy a Venza from CarMax Toyota Laurel, MD or Fitzmall in Gaithersburg, MD at up to $3700 off MSRP (no hassle pricing) and also avoid the Southeast Toyota add-ons. Heck, I'll bet the car dealers here would even pick you up at the airport! Then you get to have fun breaking in your new car as you take a scenic drive back to Charlotte through the Blue Ridge Mountains.
    Md_Outback, You're reading my mind! I also thought of renting a car and driving up there. Google says it's about 7 hours so it's an easy drive. Might even take a few days to tour some of the DC museums before making that nice drive back home in my new Venza.

Thanks to all the posts, I know to ask for Michelin tires and not accept the Goodyears. I've got Michelins now on my HL and they lasted over 50K miles.
  • gabillgabill Member Posts: 4
    Once I discoverd the Venza back in December I sought a forum that had real life buying stories and this is it. I too have contacted several of the dealers mentioned through out the forum plus a half dozen more in and around the Atlanta area (home). I must admit that the Maryland dealers; #1 Fitzmall and #2 Laurel Carmax seamed to have the best prices by checking the web and calling them. In my case I was looking for a 2812 (2WD), Fitzmall is loaded with 2822's (AWD) which I don't need in the south. Laural #2 has a good mix of 2812's. I was just about to close a deal until I contacted my local dealer once again; Toyota Mall of Gerogia to force a deal or walk away. They like many dealers have had cars sitting for awhile. Dealers are ready to move stock especially if they know it's do or die for them. Here's the deal I made Saturday which beat Laurel's price.
    . Model 2812 (2WD)
    . LX - Prem Pkg 2
    . NV - Voice Nav Pkg
    . SR - Pano Roof
    . TO - Towing Pkg
    . XY7 - Toyoguard
    . PV50 - Prem Mat set

MSRP was $37,798, I got it for $33,606, thats $4,192 off MSRP or 11%. I was really shocked, I simply told them they have to meet or beat out of state dealer prices or the game is over. Hope this tip is helpful to others. :)
    Thanks for the update. I looked at Toyota Mall of Georgia's inventory online - they seem to have more cars not loaded with a bunch of high-priced options. And they are a little bit closer. I'll definitely keep them in mind.
  • qs933qs933 Member Posts: 302
    After over a year of looking (starting around the time when the 2008 Highlander was released), I completed my search.

I picked up my Venza V6 AWD with Premium Package #1 and JBL Synthesis audio yesterday. I also added a reverse sensing system (Echomaster) and some accessories (wheel locks, carpet mats, rear bumper protector). It's Magnetic Grey with Ivory interior.

I'm very happy that I went with the Ivory interior -- it contrasts nicely with the grey exterior.

I paid approximately $2.8K under an MSRP of just over $35K (with accessories, but before tax, title, etc.). I'm in Honolulu, Hawaii, but purchased from a dealer on another island.

Over the year and a half, my "decision" went from Highlander to 2009 Murano to Highlander Hybrid, and finally to Venza. All of these are great vehicles. It really does depend on your needs and wants and how each of these choices stack up against them.
  • rdeasonrdeason Member Posts: 11
    $2000 off sticker. Loaded Black V6. Had to haggle a little. Good Georgia dealer.
  • hdhhdh Member Posts: 3
    Model 2812 (FWD)
    Magnetic Gray with Light Grey Interior
    LX - Premium Package 2
    NV - Navigation System
    SR - Panoramic Sun Roof
    EF - Rear Bumper Protector
    CF - Carpet Floor Mats
    MSRP $36,859
    Price including Freight, Handling & Delivery $32,040
    Sounds like a great deal. Congratulations! What dealership and what city?
  • xualumxualum Member Posts: 4
    Hello Gabill
    I'm from the metro ATL area - and we're ready to negotiate on a Venza. Trying to decide if it's worth waiting for the 4 cyl. Did you price include GA tax?
    Thanks
  • hdhhdh Member Posts: 3
    McGeorge Toyota, Richmond, Virginia
    Once again I am forced to buy out of state to avoid the useless Gulf States Toyota add ons found in OK, LA, TX, AR. A nice leather, JBL, Conv pack, Venza FWD for $32700 MSRP easily lists for $35,200 in OK. You get remote start, paint sealant and the list goes on. Or drive 100 miles and get one in MO for $30,000 even after a $2700 discount. This makes no sense to me. :mad:
  • camry04secamry04se Member Posts: 3
    This past Saturday I brought a Silver one, FWD, for $32000 before TTL in South LA. It came with Premium Package 2 and Tow option. It doesn't have Nav & Sunroof but got everything I wanted. I thought I got a pretty good deal at the time but after doing more resaerch, I might be paying too much. Oh well, it's too late now. The car is great and it's lot bigger than my other car..Prius.
    Xualum - My strategy was to have the local dealer work off my drive out price I could buy out of state, In my case Maryland. For the options on my vehicle $36,600 was my drive out prce. Once they backed out TTL and Prep fee, it brought the vehicle price down to $33,606. which was $4,192 off the MSRP sticker of $37,798.

I thought about waiting for the 4 cyl but weighed in these factors vs the 6 cyl;
    > The new I4 is already available in the Highlander which I heard was underpowered for the larger vehicle. I also understand the Venza is heaver than the Highlander, although I didn't verify the weight. If it's true, then the I4 could be underpowered on the Venza as well.
    > The V6 has been in the Toyota family :) for a few years and has good reviews, especially in the Avalon.
    > I4 is new, which scared me a little. Keep in mind the MPG difference between the two engines is 1 MPG different.
    > I plan on using the towing option, therefore the V6 makes the most since.

We've had the vehicle for almost 2 weeks now and love it. Took it up to the mountains over the weekend and put it on some 40 +/- degree inclines and this thing pulled great.

Check with Fitzmall again, I got a call from them yesterday, they are now pricing Venza's at $269 below invoice. Old price was $400 above invoice. They are going to be hard to beat.

Good luck!
  • xualumxualum Member Posts: 4
    Gabill --
    You make excellent points about the 4 cyl vs. 6 cyl. I've been thinking about the weight of the vehicle as well, and another point is the 1 mpg difference. We're trying to decide if it's worth it to wait it out and test drive the 4 cylinder. One dealer may have one by late next week. (here in metro ATL) On the other hand, I'm hoping that they're ready to make some decent deals this weekend, being the end of the month and all.
    Thank you so much for your advice. I'll look into Fitzmall. I did check in with Car Max in MD - just asking a few questions, etc. It's great to hear that you're enjoying your new Venza. I test drove it last weekend, and I like what I'm seeing.
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Member Posts: 30
    Has anyone purchased an extended warranty? How much and for how many years?

Deepsouth Here in Alabama.
    How long does it take once the car is built, before the dealer receives it? Mine went from Kentucky to the processing Center in Jacksonville so the options could be added this week.
    Pack 2, 2WD, Panaramic roof, Nav, Tow package, Pack 2,Toyo gaurd plus,extra tint on side windows,Golden umber Ivory interior,
    I also got an email from Fitzmall yesterday and they gave me a price of $269 below invoice on a V6 FWD with Pkg #2 and Moonroof (in blue, red or green) = $30,534 for an order. The only thing they're balking on is my request for Michelin tires. They said I had to take whatever came with the car and I told them they could switch the tires out with another car or take more money off the price since the Goodyears don't last as long as the Michelins. Fitzmall told me I had to order because they didn't see anything coming in with my specs. I'm going to contact Carmax in Laurel MD, and check some dealers here.
  • marqmarq Member Posts: 7
    When considering a Venza I checked extended warrantees online and found I could save lots by shopping around--try Bernardi Toyota-same in the past with Honda. I'm waiting to see if Honda is coming out with a vehicle to compete with overpriced Venza.
  • prasadperiprasadperi Member Posts: 40
    Hello Folks,
    Just purchased a brand new 2009 V6 AWD Venza from Darcars Toyota of Silver Spring for $33489 plus TTL. The MSRP was 37K odd and dealer claimed invoice was 33,889. It may not be a great deal but I am glad that my search is over. This car drives like a tank. Very study and stable. I liked the options inside and it is very easy to get in and out of the car. I was replacing a Lexus RX330 and this was a OK compromise as it was a little cheaper. The only thing I missed was the moon roof and seat memory. I did buy the extended warranty for 875 for 8 years and 100,000 miles. The finance guy offered me a platinum protection plan for 1600 and when I said I don;t want it he reduced the price to 875. Note I am sure you all will be able to negotiate this as well if needed.

I may have done better if I had searched and done my home work. But I needed to replace my car quick and I had actually not considered this car before seeing it in the show room.
    Thanks
    PSP
    I should have ordered AWD :confuse: . Today it is SNOWING here in the deepsouth of Alabama. Of course when they predict snow here everything closes down,Schools, busnesses, even our local ice hockey rink :)
    The weather is unpredictable here yesterday we had Tornados today Snow. Should get about 3inches with thunder,first snow in 3 yeras here.Should be 70 later this week :shades:
    I should get my venza this week. I will keep it off the road nobody can drive in this mess,
    Thanks for giving me the price and info on the Extended Warraty. Called the dealer yesterday and ask for him to send me info so I can educate myself before I pick up my Venza this week.He said he would have someone contact me. I may see if I can get something on line cheaper. Any suggestuions who is best
  • mtg2mtg2 Member Posts: 1
    I've had my Venza for 4 days and I feel like I bought a truck because of the very stiff suspension. The model I test drove, before I special ordered one with Nav, was a softer ride. Anyone know if there is a way to adjust the independent suspension for a softer ride? I checked the tire pressure and they were set to spec. I don't understand how the test model could be a smooth ride and mine (exact model plus Nav) feels like a truck. The rest of the car is very sweet, and I was able to score $2700 off MSRP...which seemed o.k. for a new model.
  • bbtingbbting Member Posts: 9
    The Canadians were importing from the US when the dollars were at par. Given the exchange rate at > 1.25, I see a good reason from those who live close to the border to import from the north, especially when the Canadian MSRP is much more lower than the US. The fully loaded with NAV/JBL V6 AWD is only at less than CAD $40000. It works out to be only USD $32000. Just some thoughts for those who don't mind to put in some effort to get better deals.
  • md_outbackmd_outback Member Posts: 185
    Do you know if the one you test drove had a different brand of tires? V6 Venzas (I'm assuming you have a V6) come with either Goodyears or Michelins and that could be the difference. You also never know if the dealer's test vehicle's tires were inflated properly - if the test drive car's tires were under inflated, they may have produced a softer ride. I don't think you can do much to adjust the suspension settings; if it is really bad have the dealer check it out to make sure everything is working properly.
    I am amazed at those east coast deals you are all getting.
  • normvenza09normvenza09 Member Posts: 36
    Bought a V6 FWD with Convenient Package and Premium Package 2 for around $33,800. Excellent service before and after buying the car.

http://lustinetoyota.com/Results.asp?xmake=Toyota&NewUsed=0&Make=1&selModel=Venz- a

They got this Auto4Life program as standard

http://www.lustinetoyota.com/displayContent.asp?keywords=auto4life

Drove the Venza from Washington DC to Chesapeake VA and back. Caught in the middle of a snowstorm on the way back. No need for AWD, FWD handled the snow very well.

I read about the stiffness in suspension. I don't feel it at all. Car got Michelin tires. Get the Voice Activated Navigation. Great sound system. Overall, it it a great car. Got people along the road giving me thumbs up!
    Bottom line--very pleased. I went cheap. V-6 in blizzard pearl, conv package and bumper protector, wheel locks, all weather mats, cargo net, splash guards and front window tint and mat package. MSRP was $30,450. Paid $27,500.

I drove a 4 cyl highlander to test the engine. The 4 is powerful but not refined after driving the V-6. So no 4 cyl venza coming my way..
    My guess is that real world gas savings will be 1-2 despite EPA estimates. We got 27.7 mpg on 100 mile trip home at 68 mph or so. Regular gas is a plus.

Was surprise satellite radio standard even on non navi and non JBL model. Nice surprise.
  • minnuminnu Member Posts: 5
    hi can you send me the details of ur purchase and where did you buy it. i am planning to buy one soon.

thanks
  • ecotrklvrecotrklvr Member Posts: 519
    Awesome mileage for a brand new, not-yet-broken-in, 3800lb vehicle! With winter gas!

Congrats. I may get the V-6 as well if the mileage spread is this small. What I'm really curious about is if the V-6 may even get better mileage than the I-4 at higher speeds like 75 (or even 80).
    Exactly, the 4 has to work hard with less mass but economy may be close at 70 mph. Around town it would be better but in the highlander is was rowdy power.
    Anything over 2.0 in the inline four is going to vibrate like crazy. Hence balance shafts which actually are power suckers.

Consumer reports noted how the V-6 vs the inline 4 was so close on the RAV4 that if you have $1600 buy the V-6.

Maybe Venza four will be civilized better...
    End of month deals are the best time. I bought from Fletcher in Joplin, MO.
    Only had two in stock and mine was the first one sold. from my dealings, I think reliable toyota in springfield, MO has more inventory and same pricing.

I would never buy in OK due to gulf states add ons..
    Hi Folks - If you haven't committed to a dealer yet, check out ebay QUICK! Search "Venza", there is a USED 2822 (AWD) Silver, Prem Pack #2, Nav, Pano Roof, Tow Prep, Mats, i.e. pretty well loaded out with 800 miles and a "Buy it Now" price of $32,499. This is a DEAL!!

Because it's used there wouldn't be the normal dealer up charges, i.e., TTL and Prep fees, $32,499 would be it. MSRP was $38,444, that's a savings of $5,945 off MSRP and NO TTL and Prep fees. If I hadn't already bought one 2 weeks ago, I'd be on this one like a Duck on a June Bug even if I had to make a trip to NJ.

If anyone buys it please post to the forum.
    Thanks, Gabill
    I saw that on ebay and thought about it. This could be a great deal but I was way too far away in OK. why buy new?
    You could fly to NJ for around $200 +/- one-way. Make a mini vacation out of driving it back. After all you are saving roughly $8,000 to $9,000 once you include taxes, title and dealer prep fees you would have to pay if bought local.

Go for it!
  • ecotrklvrecotrklvr Member Posts: 519
    Funny, my brother-in-law had a dog named Rowdy. Cool name for a cool dog.

The 2.4 in my ride is pretty bad over 4k rpm, but below 3k pretty darn smooth. Amazingly smooth at idle. This a 4-speed auto. Geared correctly, the 6-speed can keep the revs down.

This 2.7L is the first large 4 with Dual VVT-i. Cylinders are more than 15% larger than the V-6. Smaller bore and longer stroke, too. The bore and stroke numbers for the I-4 are 3.54 x 4.13 vs the V-6's 3.70 x 3.27.

Maybe the final answer to smoothness comes down to how good a job they do with the engine mounts.
  • mark317mark317 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for your info. I drove a demonstrator (demo car) in a dealer and overall it was fine. This car is 2822 (AWD) silver, prem pack #2, nav, pano roof, tow prep, mats etc. It has 6700 miles. Based on the discussion with a salesman and his manager, the final price without any other fee (except for tax) is $31455 (sticker price $38447). The dealer asked $32495. please give your inputs. good deal?, bad deal? or just ok ?
  • prasadperiprasadperi Member Posts: 40
    You got a great deal. Assuming 15c for each mile times 6700 is about $1000. I got the same car without the moon roof in blizzard pearl for 33489 which is about 2000 more that what you paid. Don't worry about this car. Enjoy it. So far I have 349 miles on this and I am enjoying it very well. It drives beautifully and I am enjoying the bluetooth phone, with smart entry system.

PSP
    4 bangers are arriving at dealers now. I have a six and would like to try one just for fun.
  • alex777alex777 Member Posts: 9
    Hi Folks,
    What would be realistic price for V6 FWD with no additional options in NYC area? :confuse:
    Invoice + destination charge = $25,740
    Do you think it is possible to get the price below this?
  • odinalaodinala Member Posts: 6
    Hey Ya'll,
    Alabama here; I just negotiated for my wife a Barcelona Red Metallic, 2WD, V6, Navigation, Premium Package 2, Panoramic Glass Roof, Tow Prep Pckg, Carpet and Trunk Mats, and Accent Stripe for a total MSRP of $37,188 and my Out The Door price including tax and title is $35,500. They knocked off $3,053.18 off MSRP. Is this a good deal????
    TIA
  • normvenza09normvenza09 Member Posts: 36
    maybe for a 4 cylinder, FWD and no options.
    I ordered my new Venza yesterday in Charlotte. Blue with ivory interior, V6 FWD, Prem Pkg #2, Moon Roof, JBL sound system. MSRP was $35,005 + doc fees and I got it for $31,483 + TTL + Southeast Toyota doc fees. Its due in around May 15th. I looked hard at dealing with Fitzmall and Carmax in MD. But, they kept changing the price on me (up, not down) and I got to the point where I didn't feel good about working with either one of them. So, I paid more here but I feel better about it. Hope my intuition is right. Sometimes it's not just about the money.

Also, went to a site called www.ToyotaLetsTalk.com and checked that my IPhone 3G would work with the Venza Bluetooth and it will. If you're curious about whether your Bluetooth will work on your next Toyota, check it out.

Thanks to everyone for your posts. It's helped me a lot during this process. :)
  • mikes10663mikes10663 Member Posts: 3
    I have 2G iPhone. Have not been able to connect to Venza Bluetooth. In checking on line I thought iPhone doesn't sync with Toyota Bluetooth. Can someone help me with this? Thanks.
    I messed up on the address for the Bluetooth lookup - it's
    http://toyota.letstalk.com/brands/toyota-bt/home.htm. The website lists the Iphone and Iphone 3G. It doesn't list the 2G. I don't know the differences between the three.