Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Corolla Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• Options
    aav213aav213 Member Posts: 6
    Got a internet quote for this car. Seems like a pretty decent deal from what I'm reading (Texas):

The list price is $18,568.00
    The drive out will be $16,675.36 (includes TTL) per the dealer...

Any thoughts?
  • Options
    alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    That looks like a good deal, did that include the Option D package? What dealership was this at?
  • Options
    clinicclinic Member Posts: 2
    Here is what I bought. Not the best deal, but I needed a car asap and wanted the vehicle stability control of which I could find 2 in my state. Called 20 dealers. It is a corolla S with automaic with vehicle stability control, remote engine starter, all weather gurad, floor and trunk mats, sports package, moonroof. The msrp was 21483. I paid 18765. Tax 5%, doc fee 298, registration 86. I financed at 0% for three years. I was very happy to get the stability control. I'm sure I could have gotten a much better deal if I didn't want the stability control. I also like the remote starter for the winter. My last car got 20mpg on the highway, so this car will pay for itself fast for the amount I drive.

Actually wished car had leather and navigation, but they told me toyota doesn't make them fully loaded like that.
  • Options
    vsc123vsc123 Member Posts: 4
    I got this offer from a internet manager.

2009 corolla LE
    Options: FE CL EM EV CK KE LE VS CF

MSRP:18804(base $16750+ option $1334 + dest fee $720)
    Edmunds invoice: $16920
    sale price : $16128 + TTL ( including a $1000 toyota incentive by paying cash)

By reading previous posts, my estimated fair price is about $300 below the sale price (around $15800). Is my estimate reasonable?

Please send your comments. I appreciate your help.
  • Options
    kmurali70kmurali70 Member Posts: 6
    whch city, state is this ?
  • Options
    Illinois, chicago suburb
  • Options
    gr8carsgr8cars Member Posts: 14
    If possible, can you pls post the dealer name, location. I am nearby chicago area and looking to buy LE.
    Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    it is from Schaumburg toyota on Golf rd. I bought the car today at 16650. -1000 incentive =15650
  • Options
    haqqanihaqqani Member Posts: 4
    Is $15650 the OTD price for corolla LE?
  • Options
    We asked for a reasonable price:

(16650 + 8% tax + fee) - 1000 rebate, outdoor 17266
    MSRP 18804
    cruise
    keyless
    weather package
    6 cd changer
    floor mat
    VSC
  • Options
    LatenterLatenter Member Posts: 2
    I'd done a lot of research last week and had competing quotes from most of the Atlanta area dealers. Thought I'd share my results. Finally made a purchase this weekend and I'm very happy with it.

I ended up with a new LE sedan with cruise, keyless entry and carpet mats for $15,868, out the door including 6% local sales tax. Most dealers were quoting $16500-16800 out the door. I paid cash so I was able to get a $1000 discount (already included in total.) It's a great car and I like it more now than I did when I first picked it up! I do have to take it in this weekend though as they didn't actually have the cruise control in stock and will install it when it arrives.
  • Options
    I am from Atlanta, and looking for the same vehicle. Would you give me the name and location of the dealer you bought it from?
  • Options
    liverpool1liverpool1 Member Posts: 10
    I am from Upstate NY and looking for 09 XLE. The best quote so far is $18050+TTL.
    The optons included are:
    Aluminum Wheels
    Cruise Control
    VSC
    Floor mats
    All Wehater Guard
    EV

Is this a good deal? :confuse:
  • Options
    LatenterLatenter Member Posts: 2
    I got my car at Cobb County Toyota (in Kennesaw, up 75), they were very friendly and not too pushy. Sandy Springs Toyota said they would match, they weren't as convenient for me. Also check out Cherokee county - they quoted to within $100 of the others. If you send out email requests to each of the dealers in the area, you should be able to see and compare who has what.

Another nice thing about the emails is that I could forward them on to prove better offers available, so the dealers could compete against each other. Just make sure you get total out the door prices so they don't try to stick you with the extra doc fees/destination charges (several didn't include in their quotes.)
  • Options
    drgumsdrgums Member Posts: 51
    I am looking at a 2005 Corolla with 60K miles.

Price is $6000

maintained by Toyota

Is this a good deal? Any issues to look out for?

Private sale. Car might need tires

Thank you for all your help.
  • Options
    tinkuptinkup Member Posts: 1
    Hi all. We are pretty much ready to buy a '09 Corolla LE if we find the right price. We do have time to look though if that would help get the price down. We originally looked at used '07-'08 Corolla's with low mileage, but then the dealer showed us an '09 program car with appr. the same mileage (16,000) that was very nice. It was more than what we were planning to spend originally, but doable. We were ready to buy it yesterday after looking at it a second time, but decided to sleep on it. The price we got down to was $16,305, list price $17,488. Now after discussing it & researching Edmunds we're thinking new is the better way to go. (didn't think we could afford new in the beginning so hadn't considered it at all) The dealer shows new '09's LE's on their website for 17,469 (just one) to 18,314 (a large selection). Our hometown dealer lists them at 18,314 with a few at 18,214. We are within 60-75 miles of a lot more competition, but would prefer going with one of these two local dealers.

In order to make this work for us, we need to be down under 17,000...the closer to 16,305 the better. What is the best way to approach a dealer with this? Ask for their bottom line, or flat out tell them where we need to be? Also, since we do have time to wait, would it be more likely to get this price later on in January/February? We like the $750 cash incentive, but think that there will be more coming later on if we miss out this time. Or should we just go with one of the used program cars?

I apologize if these are all elementary questions, but we are very new to this. I don't see the point in buying a used '09 that had 16,000 miles put on it in under 6 months if a new car could be had for about the same price. This is all pretty overwhelming even with the research available here! Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    OrangeMoonOrangeMoon Member Posts: 1
    I am negotiating online for a 2009 Corolla LE auto with remote keyless entry, cruise control, carpet mat set and 50 state emissions (fairly basic car). My best offer so far is $18,500 out the door. This offer sounds piss poor to me compared to everyone else's offers. Opinions?
  • Options
    damaniadamania Member Posts: 2
    Check out the new car section at www.overstock.com. I was able to price a 2009 Corolla XLE for around $15800 for 92801 zipcode.
  • Options
    jimwwhitejimwwhite Member Posts: 16
    I just bought an '09 LE from Toyota West, Statesville, NC and I came away with what I believe to be a good deal. I paid $17,200 for an LE with auto, alloy wheels, power locks, windows, etc., AM/FM/CD, cruise, and probably a few other things I can't remember right now. It was a really good buying experience. I highly recommend them. Now I begin what I hope is to be another long term relationship with a car. I replaced a '94 Volvo 850 with 425,000 miles on it with the new Corolla so it had better be good!
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,541
    Wow! that's a lot of driving... :surprise:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    ajv72586ajv72586 Member Posts: 1
    I was wondering about a fair price that I should offer a dealer for a 2009 Toyota Corolla LE. I'm in the Pittsburgh PA market. Most likely just looking for standard LE options but one car I was looing at had keyless entry, all weather gaurd protection, mats, and rear bumber protector. I'm not to good at the negotiating thing so I was looking for a fair price the dealer would go for without having to negotiate to much. Thanks!
  • Options
    paddleshifterpaddleshifter Member Posts: 1
    Bought '09 Corolla LE with automatic, power locks/windows, remote keyless entry, AM/FM/CD (has bad reception, but seems to be with all of these, CD is fine) cruise control, 50 state something and (stupid) floormats for $15K.
    With taxes it all came to $16500 (doh!).
    This was October 2008 in Los Angeles.
    The car is very noisy and is too short for me, the seat does not extend far enough so I had to unmount that footrest thingi. Still uncomfortable, driving with my left foot under the breaks!

I needed a car so this was sord of an emergency buy, I am sure if I had more time I could have done better.
  • Options
    tarunkalra1tarunkalra1 Member Posts: 10
    Hello...Please do a google search on Fitzmall...They ave internet pricing that is very attractive. Corolla 09 was listed out the door price at $15079. Hope this help...please post your experience if this was helpful..Thank you and Good luck.

It may be far from where you live but it savings are there it will finance a trip to this area especially in Xmas.
  • Options
    shorteeshortee Member Posts: 6
    I am wondering if anyone can tell me if i got a good deal on a Corolla S? :confuse:
    what it came with was FE, CK, SR, SX and CF
    MSRP was $20,544
    I added the 7 year warranty, remote starter, VIP security thing, and lojack
    total cost with 5% tax and doc fee and all other fee came too:
    $20,435
    This was in May. I am askin now becausei just found this website and been reading other people commit it sounds like people know what they are talking about when it comes to price. So if anyone know please let me know if i got ripped of by a dealer.
  • Options
    frankie15frankie15 Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in purchasing a 09 Corolla LE. I have been reading other posts, but didn't see anyone who purchased one in the central ohio area to see what should be the price. Please help!
  • Options
    jgockeljgockel Member Posts: 3
    Hello Shortee:

I've been researching the Corolla S for about a month now and am about to buy one myself here in St.Louis, MO. You have to understand when buying a car if you truly want the best price it's going to take time and effort because dealers want you to pay as much as possible. I've only gone into 1 dealer so far, just to test drive the car to see if I liked it, which I do I luv it and am going to buy one on the 31st probably, I plan on negotiating my best price on the 31st, putting a deposit down on the car until January 2nd so I won't have to pay $300+ dollars in personal property tax and I have also negotiated a deal with my credit card to raise my credit limit so I can use my visa which gives me 1% back for the car instead of paying straight cash. Now the good stuff..... So far I know all 6 of the local Toyota dealer via phone and e-mail conversations only. The best deal I've gotten so far without even going in is $16,900 for a new 2009 Toyota Corolla S, automatic transmission with the SX, Weather Guard Package and mats. That does include the $1000 cash back, toyota is offering this month. There is one particular dealer in my area which offer a free lifetime warranty on the powertrain i plan on buying it from but when I go in my target price is going to be around $16,500 - $17,000 + tax. The MSRP on the car i'm talking about is $20,200. Everything above is the absolute best way to save as much money as possible that I have found, if anyone knows anything else please let me know. I hope this helps!!
  • Options
    shorteeshortee Member Posts: 6
    Let me know what happen when you get in. I am curious because its probably the time of the year when they are trying to sell as much of the 09s before 2010 comes out. maybe i should of waited til the end of the year instead of getting it in the middle of the year. Thanks
  • Options
    Hi, I got an offer from cobb county toyota stating the price of LE is $14,266.50 + tax, title and fees. Not sure what would be the title and fee they charge... I am from columbus OH (about 550miles away) want to make sure this price is too good for me to pick it from here... I am getting atleast 1500 more as quoted price in my area.

Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    Hi, me and my friend both are looking for buying a car in columbus OH.. so for my best offer is $17,237.14 OTD. This includes tax, title and fees and incentive of 1000$. Please let me know if u have a better offer.. Thanks!
  • Options
    Better check into the fees.. GA is pretty famous for $500 dealer/document fees..

I'd always heard that those Georgesville Road dealers were pretty aggressive on price... have you tried there?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks kyfdx.. I did check on the Georgesville Road dealer - unfortunately, all columbus oh dealers came up with prices within 17200 to 17900 OTD. since GA price is 14260+ tax and title, I am assuming it would be atleast 1000$ less. anyhow, I am planning to do one more round of negotiation with this GA quote and see what happens.. will keep posted.
  • Options
    Common things to watch out for..

Destination fee not included...
    Document/dealer fee (could be as much as $700!)

Considering taxes will be around $1000, you are only $2000 apart... A little finagling on their part, and that difference can come close to disappearing...

It would be really rare for a Toyota dealer in the SouthEast region to beat a deal in the Midwest by more than a couple hundred dollars... Not saying it can't happen, but make sure all the paperwork is done before you go..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks again.. If incase I chose to go with GA dealer, can you please provide me the things I need to do for out of state purchase? also please expand what you meant by "all paperwork done before you go".. Thanks for taking time to answer my questions!
  • Options
    Final contracts faxed for review, including detailed calculation of all money due.. then FedExed for signature and return.

In other words, when you go to Georgia, it should only be to take delivery... the deal should already be completed..

If they aren't willing to do that, shop closer to home. Have you tried Dayton, Cincinnati, Chillicothe, etc.? I found my last Honda in Chillicothe on the way to the Hocking Hills for a short vacation.. They beat everyone in Cincinnati by $800 on a pretty in-demand car..

Good luck!
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    camioncamion Member Posts: 2
    pu LE with a bunch of options this w/e from fitz cruise/keyless/mats/winter & VSC (the stuff incl. in their 15500 price point). The dealers in NC could only get these on a special order, trying to get price concessions anywhere close to fitz in NC was as pleasent as a root canel, this may be because NC is in the SE region I don't know. So we gave up and sent our business to an organization that appears straight-up with pricing. Sales guy was good... I wasn't interested in anything the string of other folks where selling and we were back on the road in a couple of hours.
  • Options
    When I called cobb county toyota,GA for buying the car,t they told me they can't sell car to other states except the ones that borders GA.. not sure if there is any law that prevents them to sell to other places.
  • Options
    cawthundercawthunder Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I'm currently looking into buying a Corolla... I don't know what year I want yet - I test drove an 07 the other day and the steering wheel seemed awkwardly far away from the seat, so I'm not sure about that...
    Anyway I'm wondering what rebates are available for Corollas right now. (In the LA area, if that makes a difference).
    Also, what is the best year model? As far as the interior being comfortable, I mean.
  • Options
    ckone0814ckone0814 Member Posts: 71
    I had a 2007 and traded it for that very reason. I could not find a driving position that was comfortable - either the steering wheel was too far away or the pedals were too close. Needed a simple telecoping steering wheel.

I am wondering if the 2009 version is any better?
  • Options
    cawthundercawthunder Member Posts: 2
    I test drove a 2005 as well and it was better but not fantastic. I think maybe I'll just sit in each year and see which is best... I wonder if maybe it's just the Corolla in general? That would be disappointing, because I've pretty much made up my mind about getting one...
  • Options
    asa805asa805 Member Posts: 29
    I just talked my mom through buying a car. She went with her boyfriend and did all the negotiating herself with my help.

She got:

2009 LE Model with
    Keyless entry
    Mats
    regular cd player

for 16,500 OTD (including the 8.375% sales tax in Long island NY)

Did she do good? Thats around 15200 before tax - and including all fees.
  • Options
    alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    That's not a bad price, Fitzmall shows $14,990.00 for that model.
  • Options
    misscatmisscat Member Posts: 9
    Buffalo NY. Is it a good deal?

2010 Corolla LE with the following options
    19,653+plate

Power Tilt & Slide Moonroof with Sunshade . 890.00
    Carpet Floor Mats & Trunk Mat ............. 200.00
    Cargo Net ................................. 51.00
    LE EVP #1: Includes Cruise Control ........ 100.00
    All Weather Guard Package: Includes ....... 150.00
  • Options
    yuangalaxyyuangalaxy Member Posts: 1
    Hey, jgockel,

I'm at Champaign IL, and I'm also considering buying a car from St. Louis, could you tell me the dealer name which offer you the lowest price? I'm first buyer, and really know little about cars, and how to find the dealerlist. I have only contacted less than 8 dealers, and only 3 replied to tell me the price they can offer, all the others asked me to go their places and talk about the price :(
    so if possible, could you tell me where to find the lists of dealers? Sorry for such stupid question...
    Happy Christmas!
  • Options
    Fitzmall sent out an email stating they increased 200$ yesterday. I was quoted 15.5+ tax, title and fee + 99$ processing fee. Not sure why someone would increase their price when they sell less cars.. I have decided to keep slow and wait for their Jan incentives since I dont have any urgency.,,
  • Options
    jgockeljgockel Member Posts: 3
    I just found them from www.KBB.com, when you look at the new corolla at the end there is a section to get dealer quotes but it usually only lets you get 3, so you might have to do it twice. I ended up talking to 6 of the local dealers here in STL, SPIRIT, ACKERMAN, SEEGER, PAPPAS, TOYOTA OF WEST COUNTY AND LOU FUSZ. I finally made an offer on a blue Toyota Corolla S they had in the lot and think I got a good deal. It had the (SX), (WG), 6disc CD changer and a rear bumper guard for $16,800 OTD, that includes $1000 cash back and $100 refferal bonus for my dad, who is going to give it to me, i'm picking it up on 1-2-09 though so I won't have to pay personal property tax in 2009, that saves another $400. The main reason I chose Lou Fusz is because about 3 months ago they started offering a lifetime powertrain warranty, which is AWSOME if you plan on keeping the vehicle forever!! Other than that all the other dealerships were about the same around $17000 - $17200, which you could probably bargain down a little lower. I didn't really want the 6 disc cd changer or rear bumper guard but it's the only one they had that was close to what I liked. I hope this helps!!
  • Options
    YzhubiomassYzhubiomass Member Posts: 2
    2009 Corolla Standard, OTD price $15,000. Very basic, no options added. Purchased 12-30-2008. Financed with 6.8% APR.
  • Options
    Happy new year to you and your vehicle
    Its a very good price. What you mean by very basic. What's the installed features and
    Where did you buy?
  • Options
    YzhubiomassYzhubiomass Member Posts: 2
    Thanks and Happy New Year.
    The very basic means no power windows, no keyless, no cruise control...But it does have power side mirrors, ABD/EBD system, and foot mats.
    I am in Raleigh, NC.
  • Options
    I decided to go with Civic LX instead as the price I was getting here locally was almost same without the the incentives (I chose to go with 1.9% APR and got a great deal , 16,400+tax,title and fees).. and got better than Kbb value for my trade-in as well. Thanks all of you for your help! Have a great new year 2009.
  • Options
    sparklinkssparklinks Member Posts: 18
    Hi, Does anyone bought Corolla 09-LE in Boston Area , If yes could you please share the price.. I got least quote from Boch 15K+taxes+title.