Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen Passat CC Lease Questions

Comments

• mcaldaronemcaldarone Member Posts: 4
    I picked up a black on black Lux w/ nav/ bluetooth and backup camera ,12k miles per year 36 months for 900 out of pocket (included first month) and $470/month. The $470 includes CT. tax. Very pleased so far with the car and got 32.7 mpg going 80-85 on my first 100 mile trip. Coming out of an M35X that got 14.5 MPG, and cost me $650/month, I could not be happier.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi mel10021. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CC 2.0T Sport with 10,000 miles per year are .00122 and 51%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here you go, mpass. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CC VR6 Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00030 and 40%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 cash incentive that VW is currently providing on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello mel10021. Here's the info that you're looking for. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CC 2.0T Sport with 10,000 miles per year are .00122 and 51%, respectively. What you heard about the $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car is correct.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi drg8cc. VW credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CC VR6 Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00030 and 40%. As you can see, this car's actual money factor is quite a bit lower than the one that you were quoted. Make sure to insist that the dealer uses the buy rate to calculate your payment.

The $2,000 cash is still around.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mel10021. The monthly payment on a 48 month lease of a 2009 CC will definitely be cheaper than the payment on a 36 month lease. The exact difference will vary depending upon the price of the car that you're interested in, but we're probably talking about somewhere in the vicinity of $30 per month or so.

If you really feel as though your life will not change over the next four years, i.e you won't have any children, your commute to work won't change significantly, you won't just get sick of your car, then leasing for 48 months might be an option for you. I personally try to limit my leases to 36-39 months.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, psl25201. I'm glad that you enjoy this forum so much. Let's take a look at the deal that you were quoted. The residual value that you were quoted is right on the money, but the money factor is missing a zero. I assume that the money factor difference was probably a miscommunication, but make sure that you are really being charged .00030 rather than .00300. There's a huge difference.

The best way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to negotiate the lowest possible selling price on the vehicle that you are interested in. It's great that you know what this car's dealer invoice price is and about the available cash incentive, but are you being charged invoice? If not, how much are you being charged. Make sure to find out before finalizing this deal. Once you know, feel free to stop back here and let us know and we'll gladly tell you what we think,

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings nhbanker. Here's the details of the June program. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CC 2.0T Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00122 and 48%, respectively.

15,000 miles per year is the highest residual value allowance that VW Credit publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it would be to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
  • brino1brino1 Member Posts: 3
    I am considering a 36 month lease for the Luxury 2.0T Auto for $265/month, $4200 down. Is this a good deal? I have a 2001 Jetta 1.8T to trade that isn't factored in to the lease at this point. Is this a good deal? Any suggestions on negotiating? Thanks!
  • brino1brino1 Member Posts: 3
    Also, how do the Volkswagen Credit numbers affect my negotiation? Are those numbers that the dealer should be able to match? Should I be able to negotiate lower than the Volkswagen Credit numbers? Thanks for your help!
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    If your looking at the payment to determine a good deal, well your looking at the wrong number. :) Look at what your putting down! That is a huge chunk of money.
    You must look at your sale price on the model, look at the lease terms, leave out your trade in until the last minute.

You better love that lease, keep it the whole term, your already investing so much into it if you put that much down. Which defeats the whole purpose of signing and driving a lease. If the lease doesn't look good on a $0 down, perhaps its not a very good car to lease now.

Just be careful, but be advised to not put that much down on any lease.

Payment always look good in print, but reading the fine print, it quickly brings you back to reality. $1k=approx $25 off your payment.

Good Luck!
  • vwgregvwgreg Member Posts: 22
    the only number that the dealer can tweak is the top line figure. the residual and the money factor are set by vw credit. just ask the dealer to show you the top line figure, the residual and the money factor. all the math should be transparent.
  • mrstructuremrstructure Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know the Money Factor, Residual, for a 2009 VW CC VR6 4 Motion/w Nav and a 12k miles per year lease? Also what type of deals at or below invoice have been obtained on a similar car in South Florida?
    Hi brino1. VWgreg is right, $4,000 is way too much money to put down on a lease. I always advise consumers to put as little money as possible down when leasing. People who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of them if their car is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be higher, you are much safer going with a zero down lease.

The best way to evaluate whether this is a good deal is to look at the selling price that your lease is based upon. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without the selling price, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given. Let us know what the selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another community member will be happy to tell you what they think,

Car_man
    Host
    Hey brino1. Dealers do not have the ability to alter banks' published residual values. They cannot lower banks' published money factors either. Dealers are allowed from time to time to mark-up banks' published money factors to add additional hidden back-end profit to deals, but this sort of thing happens much more frequently at luxury brand dealers like BMW and Mercedes-Benz than at VW dealers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mrstructure. Here's the information that you're looking for. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CC VR6 4Motion with 12,000 miles per year are .00030 and 43%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 cash incentive that Volkswagen is currently providing on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • stockman1021stockman1021 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I am looking for the July 36 month lease money factor and residual value for an 09 CC Sport auto, 15000 miles.

Thank you.
  • chiro444chiro444 Member Posts: 17
    Car Guy,
    Do you have the money factor and residuals for the 09 Luxury, VR6 sport and VR6 4 Motion?

My lease is up in early October but I'm worried if I wait until then the $6000 plus $1500 incentives will be gone and I'll end up paying more money for a '10 CC. What do you think?
  • chiro444chiro444 Member Posts: 17
    Car Man???
    Hello stockman1021. Here's the information that you're looking for. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2009 CC Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00152 and 47%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, chiro444. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CC 2.0T Luxury with 15,000 miles per year are .00030 and 44%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 CC VR6 Sport are .00030 and 39%. The numbers for the CC VR6 4 Motion are .00030 and 41%.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

While it is attractive, the dealer cash that you mentioned is not compatible with the above special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • rob222rob222 Member Posts: 49
    May I have current factor and residuals for the old and new model years.

The deal they are running for 09 sports with 10k miles, manual transmission and $3k down for $279 for a 39 month looks like a come-on price

Anything else I should consider when calculating my best deal lease.

Thanks, Rob.
    Oh and I forgot to list the term, whatever is the standard three year lease for VW 36 or 39, they seem to offer both. I
  • kitty223kitty223 Member Posts: 2
    I live in the Northeast and have been quoted the following:

$33,100 MSRP / $30,079 sales price
    $0 down
    15k miles per year
    $466/month

Can I do better?

Thanks!
    Here you go, Rob. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CC Lux with 12,000 miles per year are .00113 and 51%, respectively.

While the 36 month term appears to be the most attractive on the 2010 version of this car, the 39 month term is better on the 2009 model. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease lease of an '09 CC Lux are .00015 and 46%.

When negotiating these cars' selling prices, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of them.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks. This is incredibly helpful. Now I wish I could convince my wife how attractive a lease I can negotiate. :)

Rob.
  • billyk1billyk1 Member Posts: 16
    Hey Car Man. Here's what i've been offered on Long Island 385/month for 36 months on a cc sport w/blue tooth and ipod interface. Tax and title down ($2410). Free maintenance. Shopped the deal to a dealership having a grand opening and they could only match it. Never leased before. Can I do better?

Thanks,
    BK
  • visanicvisanic Member Posts: 45
    Hi-
    I'm looking to get the best lease terms on a 2010 CC Sport (w/ Manual Transmission), 36 month term and 15,000/yr mileage.

Looking for some help....

Thanks in advance.
    Dan
  • jsf99jsf99 Member Posts: 10
    I leased this car yesterday on long island. 350/month with 1800 total out of pocket. I shopped around, and this was an agressive deal, as far as I could tell, so I pulled the trigger. You may be able to do a bit better, but not much. Good luck.
    Thanks!

Do you know the residual, money factor and depreciation that was used?

-Dan
  • stan229stan229 Member Posts: 6
    I'm looking for a CC too. Can you please suggest your dealership? If you want to keep it private, please email me... It's my user name at gmail.com
    I leased mine at Platinum in Hicksville. They are a relatively new dealership, and seeking to establish themselves as a volume sales leader. My salesperson was very nice, upfront, and knowledgeable and there was no hard sell for extras, etc. Hope that helps.
    Hi jsf-
    Would you mind telling me the terms you got?
    Thanks-
    Dan
    See post 130. If you're looking for a manual, I assume you can do a bit better, since mine was an automatic.
    This is exactly how a dealership should perform. Keeping the cars moving on and off the lots. Most work on moving them through price(higher prices), but if you think efficiency, then letting each car go for a lower cost, but moving more of them. I would think that would be a win/win situation. It certainly makes the dealership look good too, to have cars moving, ordering more. Rather than have cars sit there for months, turning away customers that are likely education about their cars and want a decent deal. Not highway robbery. Each month, you have the maintenance, costs to have those cars sitting there. Each month sitting there, it "realistically" drops the car's value done by ever so much. "realistically".

Dealerships that have grasped this concept seem to be in a better position, provide better service, seem to be more successful at the end of the business day.

It is always nice to have someone upfront, honest and friendly to work with you.
    That is when your dealership can truly shine. That is what starts the word of mouth for your dealership. Which is either good or bad for you.
  • kmouradiankmouradian Member Posts: 36
    Car_Man,

Could you please tell me what the MF and residual are on 2010 CC Luxury 2.0T and Sport 2.0T? 36 month lease with 15k miles per year.

Thanks a lot!
  • precurs0rprecurs0r Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car_Man - I am also looking to lease a CC. I test drove it this week and fell in love with it.

I am looking for a 2010 Sport, 6 speed manual, sticker price is about 28,500.

I am looking for numbers on 36 months, and both 10,000 or 12,000 m/yearly.

Much appreciated!!
    No problem, Rob. I'm glad that I was able to help you out. Good luck in your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello billyk1. The best way to evaluate this deal is to look at what selling price it is based upon. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how much off a dealer discount you are being given and if there is any meat left on the bone so to speak.

Let us know what this car's MSRP and selling price are and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi visanic. VW Credit;s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CC 2.0 Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00134 and 52%, respectively.

Shop around for the lowest possible selling price on this car, making sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on it, and have the dealer use the above lease program to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings kmouradian. Here's the information that you're looking for. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CC Luxury 2.0T with 15,000 miles per year are .00113 and 49%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a CC Sport 2.0T are .00134 and 52%.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on the lease of either of these cars.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi precurs0r. VW Credit's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CC 2.0T Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00134 and 54%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

When negotiating the selling price of the car that you want to lease, make sure to take the $1,000 cash incentive that VW is providing on leases of '10 CCs into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks a bunch car_man!!

Btw- have you heard about a CC November sign and drive event?
  • ursusursus Member Posts: 128
    Car_man, I put down a deposit with for following:

36 month/10K miles
    MSRP: $29,994 (Auto, iPod, mats, chrome exhaust tips)
    Sale price: $27,059
    Adjusted cap cost: $26,634 (-$1K lease cash + $575 acq fee)
    MF: .00134
    Residual: 55%
    $339/month with $1,590 due at signing ($837 tax, dealer fee, registration and first month)

What do you think about this deal? Also, VW list a regional lease on it's web site for MSRP $29,400 and residual $16,520 (56.2%), but the finance manager showed me their sheet with residual of 55% and could not explain the difference. Any idea?
    Thanks.
    Is there a sign and drive event?
    Yes, I have heard that there will be a sign and drive event in November.
    -Dan
    There is no current sign and drive but if you take in all your upfront fees and roll into the payment you technically have a sign and drive :) Your payments would be somewhere in the $400s if you get a decent deal.
    A couple of dealers have told me that they expect VW to be dropping support right now for the CC. They dropped support last month for a few of their cars.
    See, I am very interested in the CC, (been mentioned before) however, the non opening sunroof is a big deal for me! I just cannot understand why this is mechanically disabled. I can deal with only 4 seats, because I really no longer need the middle seat, which again is sorta silly. It again, limits its buyers.

If I am going to pay this much, I will probably look at the Acura TSX. Though, I can probably get the whole technology package and be cheaper than the CC. But, the CC is very good looking!
  • reggieelvis1reggieelvis1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi
    I have been shopping around for CC sport and CC Lux, best deal I could find on the lux (expires today) is $339 +tax with $1000 total OOP for a 2010 Lux, 10K miles....I think the deal is great despite not really being the color I want. I want to pull the trigger today, however I am hearing about a november sign and drive....anyone got any advice?? thanks