Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz GLK-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    So.. how did they handle the sales tax, with you being a Texas resident, and the dealership in California?

I'm just curious...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• cjbrowncjbrown Member Posts: 29
    They sign an affidavit of residency, get a transport permit, and pay whatever fees are due when they register the car in TX. I think transport permits are good for like 10-15 days.
  • txb19txb19 Member Posts: 2
    We got the transfer permit, which was included in the price above. We got some of the CA fees waved, but not all. We paid CA sales tax. When we register the car in TX, we will have to pay registration. Now the sales person in CA said we could get a 'credit' towered registration from the overpaid sales tax. I'll believe it when I see it. Anyways, even with the sales tax in CA being higher than TX, we saved a lot. More importantly, we got the car we wanted at an incredible price.
    edited January 2011
    That's the part I was curious about... the sales tax... I had heard that you couldn't take delivery in CA, without paying CA sales tax.

Have you verified that Texas will give you a credit against the TX sales tax, for the tax paid in California? That part would worry me...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bullsmentor123bullsmentor123 Member Posts: 11
    Finalized the deal at $39.9 for '11 4Matic, P1, MM, and Heated Seats. I feel there may have been room for a few hundred dollars off but decided that was good enough discount for me.
  • richneedsaleasrichneedsaleas Member Posts: 40
    with tow hitch, metallic paint, heated seats, P1 Package from Danbury CT
    total drive off $40500.00 plus 6% CT Tax
    First required 10K service included at N/C
  • jcastaldojcastaldo Member Posts: 25
    Where did you get the GLK? MB dealers in Northern Jersey are only overing $2000 off sticker.
    what dealer?
  • bullsmentor123bullsmentor123 Member Posts: 11
    Mass., at the last day of 2010.
  • mhoffman2mhoffman2 Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased 2011 350GLK for overseas delivery. Included 2 for 1 airfare on Lufthansa, 2 nights in 5 star hotels, a 7% discount from MSRP, transfers from airport, lunch, a tour of the factory, insurance for 2 weeks to drive in Europe, AND no destination charge. Price for 2WD (moving to Florida Gulf coast) with sunroof and HK audio package was $35,000. Dealer also gave us top book for trade in of 2007 base Ford Edge (for which we paid $20400 4 years ago) leaving a balance including tax, etc. of approximately $21,000. My wife and I are picking up the car in Stuttgart, traveling to the Brenners Park hotel (listed as one of 1000 places to go before you die), then we have booked two additional nights in moderate price hotels on the Romantic Road and will drop off the car in Munich at the Bayerischer Hof hotel. MB is paying the cost of the first and last hotels (approximately $300 per night). We are then travelling by train to Rome for a 9 day Mediterranean cruise on Royal Carribean. Including $250 train fare for two and two additional nights in Rome (at our expense), the entire trip, excluding some additional cost for food, gas and miscellaneous is approximately $4100 for TWO. The car is shipped to the dealer and we will pick it up a few weeks after we return to the states. By using overseas delivery you can spec the car without option packages. A friend of our daughter's returned recently from picking up a C class and she said it was a once in a lifetime trip. We are looking forward to both the trip and picking up the car. If you have the time and elect this option, I recommend that you schedule the trip and pickup in the shoulder season for Europe when the weather is reasonably good but airfares, hotels, etc. are far less expensive, e.g. early April or early October.
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    edited January 2011
    Sounds like a fantastic trip you have planned. I am sure you will enjoy it. The plant tour and delivery process are second to none. It will really increase your appreciation of the brand.

If you have time be sure to visit the Mercedes-Benz museum in Unterturkheim. It is beautiful and has many fascinating vehicles, going all the way back to 1894. Have fun!
    Wow! That sounds like a great vacation!

Picking up a new Mercedes to drive in Germany isn't bad, either!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• storm10storm10 Member Posts: 261
    2012 GLK-Class will be released in July with some minor changes. You can see all the specifications with packages and color chips here: 2012 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class changes and updates. It's interesting to see this new Sapphire Grey exterior color in real life.

Since I don't see any really good leasing programs for 2011 models, maybe it makes sense to wait a few months for new 2012 models, because they will have much better residual value and dealers will be still flexible, because essentially it is the same car with no major changes...
  • josevuervojosevuervo Member Posts: 1
    I see some people were able to get $5k off sticker (bull mentor on Dec 30th), and true car is showing an average of $3k off sticker. Should $4k off be a realistic goal? I am in Houston, Tx. There is a dealership around me, Alex Rodriguez that offers free lifetime maintenance with free towing to and from the dealership so I don't have to put miles on it. Anyone have any experience with anything like that? Seems legit, but hard to believe...
    I got almost 10% off, $38175 list for $35575 thru AAA on their premium member buying service and that was $500 under dealer invoice. So they were even giving up some of the hold-back. Bought at Fletcher Jones MC in Newport Beach, CA

If you're talking a $40K plus MSRP you MIGHT get $4K off but I think that's stretching it. I don't think there's that much gross at sticker to give away.

They also offered me a service contract for the 3 year lease for about $500 which I declined. Not sure what they do for flatbed service in for service, but I wasn't interested in any of it because I do my own scheduled services. Besides, for 3 years all there is to do are oil changes and I wouldn't be going out to 10K anyway. First change at 4K, next at 10K, and at 5K-5500 mi intervals after. 6400 miles on it today, 8 months old.

BTW, it's a great car. One of the best I've owned. This is my 5th MBZ.
  • xelarxelar Member Posts: 2
    Got more than 10% off on a MSRP $45,325 2011 GLK350 - for a lease deal, though. Also asked for free maintenance, and was offered $10/month; declined as I'll be doing low miles.
  • amickeyamickey Member Posts: 25
    edited October 2011
    Looking to get our family a 2011/12 GLK with AMG & P01 packag.

How is the market for purchasing 2011/12 right now?

Comparing the 2 sites:
    Edmunds' TMV shows about 3% BELOW Invoice vs. Truecars.com showing about 1% ABOVE invoice.

Any recent feedback would be appreciated.
    Naw, doubt it. There's only about 3% in the thing at list. Well, maybe a bit more, but not much. You might get one at or slightly below dealer invoice thru a high-volume dealer, thru AAA, or some other fleet or discount arrangement.

More important to find theone you want. You're talking maybe a grand difference on a $45K car. Watch your lease or buy rates depending on which way you go. That will amount to a lot more $$ in the big scheme of things. MB finance are really great to work with, good rates currently while the market is down.

BTW, it's a great car. Mine is almost a year old, 8K miles, flawless. Like it as well today as the day I bought it.
    edited October 2011
    @cjbrown - thanks for the insights.

from my research on the various pricing sites:
    MSRP is about 6% above invoice &
    10% over true dealer cost (taking out the holdback).

Glad you are enjoying your GLK!
    May I ask what month you bought it? 2011 or '10?
    I got mine Nov 30 last year. It's a base model with roof and aluminum trim only. Got it for about 500 under invoice, 36mo lease for $450. It was a cheap MB. ;-)
    @cjbrown - ha..I am planning to buy around end of November also.
    had a good experience on my last car buying it then so I thought i would pounce on the the end of year sales competition that the dealership will have amongst each other.

But finding the right car that is available will be the bigger challenge!
  • shrinushrinu Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    Extremely pleased with the vehicle and with the limited amount of research that I put into the purchase, I am hoping the price paid was not too bad.

Paid $ 37,142 plus tax and tags for a 4matic with P01 premium package, heated seats and COMAND nav. system.

Anyone else with a similar or better pricing in Northern Virginia area ?
    It was nice to be able to deal with a straightforward, knowledgeable sales consultant !
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    What was the MSRP? Did you have a trade? What dealer?
    edited December 2011
    Not a 2012 & not NoVa but still VA:

- 2011 4matic with P01 premium package, heated seats, MMI COMAND NAV Rearview Camera, AMG Package for: $45K OTD.

or 1% under Invoice OTD.
    I just brought home my 2012 GLK350 from Tysinger MB in Hampton, VA. Using USAA pricing, I paid $39,700 plus $498 doc fee. The financing was for 66 months @1.9% and MBUSA makes the first two payments ($1,300). So, the total cost before TTL nets to $38,898.

MSRP was $44,355 and the vehicle is equipped with the following options:
    Palladium Silver Paint,
    Heated Seats,
    Keyless Go,
    Nav + 4,
    P01 Premium Pkg,
    Sport Appearance pkg.

The entire experience was outstanding. The salesman, sales manager, and finance officer were courteous, professional, and kept all the nonsense to a minimum. I highly recommend this dealership.
  • tiger_mrstiger_mrs Member Posts: 6
    It was my first in leasing an MB vehicle and thought I should have done better :-( Anyways, need your feedback so I can prep myself in the future for lease turn in and next lease with MB. Thinking about leasing another GLK350 or maybe upgrade to an ML.

MSRP is $45,660
    Invoice 43,160
    MF 0.00187
    Residual 63%
    Term 30-month
    Acquisition $995 (too high I thought for NC?)
    Disposition $595
    Doc fee $398
    Trade in amount $3000
    Lease payment $586/month (NC tax included)

Package/Options:
    P1
    Color Steel Grey
    Destination charge $875
    Multimedia
    Lighting
    Heated Front
    Keyless Go
    * I accepted the Simoniz GlassCoat interior protection too... think about $519/yr and residualized :-(
    What was the cap cost? That's what your payment is based on.

Simoniz Glasscoat = waste of $$

Disposition probably get waived if you trade back.
    Aquisition non-negotiable from MBZ NA.

30 month is very short, 2-1/2 years. Most are 36, 39, or 48. The depreciation schedule is accellerated on the shorter terms which drives up the payment.

My payments are $435 based on a cap cost of $35K for 39 months.

If your cap was at or under the invoice then you probably did as well as you could possibly do.
    Net cap cost $41,873.24
    The original MF and residual for 36-mo... 0.00203 and 56%
  • lasailorlasailor Member Posts: 12
    Hi there.
    Can anyone provide the February 2012 residual value and MF for a 30 month lease on a glk350w4? Would like the residual for a 30 and 36 month lease, for both 10k and 12k miles per year.
    I've been quoted: money factor .00135 residual 62% for a 30 month at 10k miles per year.
    Is this accurate and what do the alternatives look like for more miles and longer term?

Thanks in advance for any help.
  • rivieraranchrivieraranch Member Posts: 28
    I am looking for a 2012 GLK350 with no options; bone stock. What would be a good deal around this time of the year?
    Vehicle Price: $37,270.00
    Discount: - $3,198.00
    Vehicle Selling Price: $34,072.00
    Appearance Protection: + $499.00
    Theft Protection: + $299.00
    Total Selling Price: $34,870.00

Trade-in Value: - $7,000.00
    Difference: $27,870.00
    Sales Tax (estimate): + $1,720.51
    Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): + $573.75
    Tire/Battery/MVWEA: + $8.50
    Dealer Service Fee: + $699.95
    Balance Due (estimate): $30,872.71

This doesn't seem like a good deal to me.
    RUN AWAY! Check previous posts and you'll see why...
    Yeah, skip the protection crap and save yourself $800, at the very least. Neither one are worth a pitance.

The discount is reasonable imo. Seems to me my buy had similar numbers.
    I'm not sure how much better you think it should be, a couple of hundred less? Make an offer. Worst they can say is no-deal.
  • crzdrvrcrzdrvr Member Posts: 1
    GLK 350 AWD
    +Heated seat
    +ipod kit
    Total=35K
    Is it a good price? Looks like the new 2013 model is coming with some major redesign, which may explain some deep discount running this month.
    http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/03/2013-mercedes-benz-glk-updated-2012-n- ew-york-auto-show.html
    I negotiated this deal:
    New 2012 GLK350

Vehicle Price: $37,270.00
    Discount: - $ 5,320.00
    Vehicle Selling Price: $31,950.00

Trade-in Value: - $ 7,000.00 ('04 MB C240 station wagon)
    Difference: $24,950.00
    Sales Tax (est.): + $ 1,545.31
    Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): + $298.75
    Tire/Battery/MVWEA: + $8.50
    Dealer Service Fee: + $699.95
    Balance Due (estimate): $27,502.51

Much better!
    Picked up car (2012 GLK350) on 3/31 - brand new, 16 miles on the odometer; went out the door for $27,443.00, a tad below the $27,500.00 originally quoted.

Mercedes Benz of Sarasota (Florida) handled all aspects of the transaction in a very professional manner. Thus, we are very pleased not only with the vehicle but with the ease of making this deal.
    I'm calling BS on this one.
    What was MSRP on it? There isn't 30% markup in them.
    A trade was involved. Look at my prior post.
  • glkloverglklover Member Posts: 2
    2012 GLK 4Matic + P1 Pkg, heated seats, ipod integration thing
    Vehicle value: $43080
    Discount: 6080 and dealer paid half of the 3M Film Protection thing
    Price: 37000 (or $37250 with 3M film thing)
    They also let me buy MB genuine all season floor mats for $50 if I like.
    No trade-in anything.
    What dealer? This is an awesome deal.
  • glkloverglklover Member Posts: 2
    It's the dealer in St Paul, MN.
  • lawman1967lawman1967 Member Posts: 314
    The 2013 GLK350 will have more power (2012 has plenty) and better fuel economy, which is definitely a weak point on the current model.

That said, the 2013s will not be aggressively discounted, so I went ahead and bought a 2012 back in January. MSRP was $41,xxx, USAA price was $38,xxx, arctic white with 4Matic, heated seats, Nav+4 and nothing else. Couldn't be happier.
  • citimorgancitimorgan Member Posts: 7
    Got a quote of $33500 +TTL for '12 GLK 4WD, blk, heated seat, no other options,
    MSRP is about 40k with destination fee, so that's basically 6.3k off MSRP (including 2k conquest incentive).

I do want metallic color but they all come with many options and MSRP are 45k+.
    I think the dealer is pretty aggressive on discount this month, is this a good deal?
    That's an outstanding offer (if they don't get some of it back with bogus fees or poor trade value).
    Do you want a 4-matic?
    If so, it's a good deal. Heated seats are really nice if you live in a cooler clime.
    Both options are a non-issue here in so-Cal, unless you're a skier. The panorama roof is the hot option here.
    Actually 4-matic is not a must for me at all, so is heated heat, in Cal :)

how about this offer:

2WD base + iPod only, MSRP $37xxx, offered price $31400, about $5.8k off MSRP. so comparing to the 4WD offer I saved about 2.1k, get iPod and lost heated seat option that I do not need much.

two other questions:

1. Anybody knows if the conquest offer will come back in May? I was told the $2k off offer for new GLK will end April 30.

2. Where can I get the 5-spoke wheel as shown in benz webpage? It looks much sportier than the default 10-spoke, I am not sure if that wheel is stand alone option or part of the "AMG" package.

Thanks!
    If you can get by without a sunroof that's a helluva buy for a great little car. Most all the rest of them have a plethora of options that I could care less about and that drives the price to over $42K. If you like the color bag that one.
    Mine had panorama and aluminum trim and that's it. Capped at about $35K.

There are aftermarket wheels for c or e series that fit them too. You can also have the stock ones chromed for about $800. AMG wheels will run a small fortune.
    My 12 GLK has the "322 sport appearance package" that included the 20" twin 5-spoke alloywheels and aluminum roof rails for $990. It also gets the Pirelli Scorpion tires. I think the package really makes the car stand out.
    So is "322 sport appearance package" a standalone option? Or it is only available on top of other $4-5k package?

may I know ur GLK options final price before TTL?

thanks!