Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi Q5 Lease Questions

Comments

• darkknight1darkknight1 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks hikeleader. I sent you a PM
  • hikeleaderhikeleader Member Posts: 12
    I ok'd your friend request, shoot me your email when you can
  • bexbexbexbex Member Posts: 4
    Car man (or anyone else),

Could you post the August MF and RV for 2011 Audi Q5 Premium Plus
    -3.2 for 36mo/15K and 39mo/15K
    -2.0 for 36mo/15K and 39mo/15K

Thanks!
  • houstontxmobhoustontxmob Member Posts: 56
    Oh yeah, I have had the same experiences like you. Therefore, I never go back to that dealership EVER again after they were going to rip me off over $7500 off my trade-in. I ended up getting the same exact car I wanted at another Audi dealership. Never will I ever look back and do my business with them EVER again!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    No problem rudylgza. The money factor for the '11 Q5 Premium Plus is exactly the same, but the Prem. Plus's residual value is 4% lower than the Premium model's.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here you go boltsfan.

Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42 month lease of a 2011 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 45%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Claweave, Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q5 3.2 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00178 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top cred tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 model are .00101 and 45%.

Car_man
    Host
    edited August 2010
    I sure do, carsa. Here you go.

Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42 month lease of a 2011 Q5 3.2 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00198 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, bazsa.

Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00170 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00190 and 45%.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings bexbex. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00170 and 49%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00190 and 47%.

AFS' 36 month, 15k numbers for the '11 Q5 3.2 Prem. Plus are .00178 and 50%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00198 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
  • willis815willis815 Member Posts: 2
    I am new to leasing but I am looking into it as a second car. Would I be looking at a good price discount because of limited miles? I would look to get something with under 800 miles a month. Right now I only drive about 400 miles a month on average (again, second car). So with my residual value increasing because of this would I be looking at saving a good amount of money or is the mileage difference not really going to effect the value that much?
    Welcome willis815. 10,000 miles per year is slightly over 800 miles per month. That's the lease that you'd want to go with. Audi Financial Services' 10,000 mile per year residual values are 3% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residuals. Going with a 10k lease will definitely make a difference in your vehicle's payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • rddanicarrddanicar Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    Carman,

For a 2011 Audi Q5 premium plus w/ navigation:

43500 msrp, 41k selling price/5700 upfront including 2995 cap cost reduction, 1.9 money factor, $21750 RV, 39 month term, 10k miles per year.

I'm getting $489/month...Is there any room for me to negotiate anywhere here, is this a good deal? Appreciate the help.

Thanks!
  • robertsoftwarerobertsoftware Member Posts: 2
    2011 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus
    MSRP: $40,750
    42 months 10,000 miles lease
    got mats, wheel lock, audi care INC

$832 drive away and $650 monthly payment (tax INC)
    BTW, I'm in Chicago IL, so have a 10% tax and have to pay whole tax when lease a car

Let me know what you guys think
  • bonurbebonurbe Member Posts: 4
    Carman,

Can you please post lease rates for a 2011 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus?

36/10k
    42/10k

Thanks!
  • ween57ween57 Member Posts: 7
    I am just curious you said $832 drive away. Is that a Cap Cost Reduction (down payment) or is that the total amount you paid when you signed the lease? The reason I asked is that you said in Chicago you have to pay all the tax up front which would mean $4,075 up front at lease signing.
  • jranesesjraneses Member Posts: 1
    I'm interested in leasing a 2011 Q5 3.2 Premium Plus or Prestige. Could someone please post the money factor and residual for both trim levels on a 36 month lease, and 10k miles per year?

I would also like to utilize multiple security deposits. How many total MSDs can be applied, and how much does each lower the money factor? I've also read that purchasing Audi Care raises the residual slightly. Is that still the case?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide...
  • robertsoftwarerobertsoftware Member Posts: 2
    hi, ween57, 832 is the total amount I paid when sign. I roll the tax into monthly payment.
    Hi rddanicar. The Q5 that you described probably has a spread of just under $3,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That probably puts the selling price that you were quoted at right around $500 over invoice...which is a very good deal.

Furthermore, .00190 is right in line with Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor for this model.

If you like the Q5, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, bonurbe.

Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q5 2.0T Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00170 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00190 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, jraneses.

According to the latest information that I have seen, Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q5 3.2 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00178 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 Q5 3.2 Prestige are .00178 and 46%.

The last time I checked, the addition of Audi Care raised vehicles' residual values by 1%. I haven't looked into AFS' MSD policy lately. I'll ask around and see what I can find out.

Car_man
    Host

Car_man
    Host
  • joe_k1joe_k1 Member Posts: 6
    Q5 2.0 Premium. Pana roof, heated, seats, bluetooth and metallic paint added. 42 months/12,000 miles. I payed $515/ month with 3,300 for taxes, acq fee, DMV and 1st month.
  • JPeriwinkleJPeriwinkle Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2010
    Carman:
    I am trying to figure out if there is a way around the lower residuals on the Prem Plus model vs. the Premium model. In other words, could I get a Premium model and then and the Premium Plus options on top but still get the higher residual of the Premium model? (this as opposed to just getting a Premium Plus model)

Thanks !!
  • boltsfanboltsfan Member Posts: 29
    2011 Q5 2.0 T Premium - MSRP $39080
    Meteor Grey - Grey interior
    Pano
    Bluetooth
    iPod
    Wheel locks

Got emailed a "sign and drive" offer from a dealer in LA for and took it to local San Diego dealer and they matched it. Dealer paid DMV, paid 1st payment for us and I paid no security deposit... so I paid zero drive offs. We had 2008 Yukon to trade in and owed $27200k to GMAC. First offer for Yukon was $24k and after some quick negotiating we got $25500 so only needed to roll $1700 into lease.

Also got Costco rebate that is $500 over invoice. Also used a "conquest rebate" to get another $750 off invoice so we got Q5 cap cost under invoice.

48\15k lease for $630 per month (including tax). ZERO out of pocket.

Did I get a fair deal?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221
    That would work...

But, I'm guessing you'll have a hard time finding loaded up Premium models (doesn't anyone have a base model, any more?)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• wicked4u2cwicked4u2c Member Posts: 10
    Looking to get a Q5, I would appreciate some feedback from lease experts. Here is what I have on the table.

The car is leather power seats and Base options. $35,099 Residual is $19,649 money factor is .00190

42 month term
    10k miles per year
    $2000 in drive offs
    $465.00 monthly payment plus tax

Thanks in Advance!
  • hcanterhcanter Member Posts: 9
    What is the money factor and residual for a 2011 Q5 Prestige....36 months and 15,000 miles per year? Thx!
  • ge88ge88 Member Posts: 14
    Is the $2000 drive off include the down payment and all fees/ mv? Sounds good. I was just offered $454(not including tax) lease 10/42 with $2850 down payment plus fees/mv (appox $1,200) for a total of $4050 at signing. This was for the base model with no options.
    Hi ge88, thanks for replying. That's what the manager told me, pretty much everything out the door. I'm going to the dealership right now to see if it is true. You know how it is once you get there, things change. Either way, I will take all of the paperwork home and read everything before I sign.

Thanks again!
    Well, I bought the car. I actually ended up getting a more loaded version with heated seats, iPod, Bluetooth and Pana view for MSRP of $39,055. They ended up selling it to me for $36,530.09. With only $2,000 down my payment was $512.00 including taxes. After getting suckered into buying Gap insurance, their service package so I don't have to pay for oil changes and other stuff and the excessive wear and tear where I guess they cover up to $5,000 of damages, and tires when you return the vehicle at lease end. My payment shot up to $557. including taxes.
  • ge88ge88 Member Posts: 14
    Congrats great deal! What dealer did you go to? Did you have to negotiate a lot to put only 2k down?The national deal required 2800 down plus all fees for the $469 lease. Thanks
  • ween57ween57 Member Posts: 7
    wicked4u2c,

You got a good deal. I leased a very similar car in mid August for slightly more money. This was a lease I did on a base model 2.0T. I think the only difference is I got the all weather floor mats.

2011 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium 42 month 10,000 miles per year

Panorama Sunroof, Bluetooth & Homelink Pkg, Heated Seats, Ipod Cable, All weather mats. Black w/ Black interior

MSRP $39,215
    Invoice w/Options $36,533
    Final Selling Price $37,213 (they add $195 for etching)

My lease is based on a price $2,001 under MSRP and $680 over invoice.

Amount due at signing $3,506 ($625 acquisition, $497 1st month pmt, $157 cap cost reduction, $371 registration, $1,537 NJ sales tax, $299 Doc fee, $7.50 tire fee)

Rent Charge - $4,615
    Residual Value - $20,783.95

I figured out the money factor to be .0019
    42 payments of $497.34
    So I know I posted a few days ago (Sep 4) how I bought the car. Well, we ended up signing the contract that day but the car was at another dealership. We had to wait for the following day (Sep 5) to pickup the car. Well, that night I felt pretty comfortable about the deal, but I wasn't too sure about the whole Audi Care, Gap Insurance, and excess wear and tear package. Since it did add about almost $3,000 in extra costs.

After talking to a few friends of mine they had mentioned that GAP is standard on a lease and that the excess wear and tear was a ripoff. So, I started feeling like I got screwed with the whole deal specially since I already signed. Well, after crunching the numbers on the contract I saw a pretty big discrepancy.

On section 5 of the lease contract their is an itemized of amount due at lease signing that was not adding to the "total". It was off by several dollars, at first I thought maybe I wasn't adding it correctly. After several tries I kept getting a different number. So the following day I called to see if the car had arrived, they said it was ready to be picked up. I asked the finance manager about the totals not being correct on the contract and he replied rudely "I don't know, I never calculate this since the computer does it all". I waited about a min for him to manually calculate this and he said "Oh my, your right. Their must be a glitch in our system, you have to come in so we can take care of this or else the bank might say something."

At that point I felt relieved, and felt it was good time to ask if maybe I could remove the Gap and Excess wear and tear package and just keep the Audi Care, but put $1,000 down (to offset the cost of Audi Care) to my surprise he didn't seemed phased. So I had asked him what my payment was going to be and he said $538.00 (with taxes). I said how is it $538.00? Yesterday before I added all of these features my payment was $512.00 with only $2,0000 down. Today All I am adding is the Audi care ($790.00) and I'm putting down an extra $1,000 down to offset that. Shouldn't my payment be under $512.00? He gave me this BS excuse on how maybe he didn't punch in the numbers correctly so he would call me back.

After going back and forth for about 4 different phone calls and every time they were giving me BS excuses about how it was an honest mistake I finally caught on to their scheme of things.. What ended up happening was when I was first quoted they gave me a residual of $19,149 with a money factor of .00190. Well, when I got suckered into getting all 3 things, what they did was change the residual to $20,699 to accommodate my desired monthly payment in return that they had screwed me on GAP, Excess wear and tear package and Audi Care so they compensated it. But when I took everything off except Audi Care I had gotten a better deal than I had imagined. They were pissed off when they realized they had screwed up, so I really feel good about this and this was the end Result.

42 Month lease not 10,000 but $12,000 miles!

Audi Care putting a total of $3,103.42 down. ($1,000 cash and the rest was trade in) I got my monthly payment to $515.03 (including tax)

Here is contract section -

Here is Sticker of Car -

So lesson learned, ALWAYS READ YOUR CONTRACTS and triple check that residual and money factor really calculate correct. These dealerships are crooks and lie to you just to close the deal. Funny thing is when I told him that I didn't want GAP insurance, when I came back to sign the papers they told me that they had spoke to the manager and gave it to me for free. Right...!
    Wow our deals are almost identical, the only difference I see is the mileage my 12,000 over your 10,000 and I also got the Audi Care which cost me an additional $790.00. Had I not got the Audi Care my payment would have been $495.00 a month. The cars are almost identical in the sense of pricing. Still good deal IMO.
  • geardoggeardog Member Posts: 4
    wicked, the math is correct but the figures may not be. The capitalized cost reduction figure on 6.b. shows $1304.50. I believe that should be 3104, which is your 1k cash down + trade-in. Unless I'm missing something obvious, this contract gave you $304 for your trade-in. I'd guess they added the .50 as a distraction to reduce the likelihood that you would notice the transposition of the 1 and the 3.

Hope I'm wrong about this but I don't see where that number's coming from.
    Hi geardog, this contract is the revised contract and everything is correct. The one I was talking about was a previous contract. The $1,305.50 is correct and is what is left over from the $3,104 that was used to pay first months payment, Acquisition fee, Audi Care, etc..
  • geardoggeardog Member Posts: 4
    Yep, you're right... *whew*. I see where it's coming from now (5.a.). Well done. I may be fighting this battle myself next week - wish me luck.
    At least you have a heads up of what is possible, I went a bit blind on this deal. I think that's why so many people get screwed on leases. Sure, I can afford a $600.00 a month payment but should I sign a lease at $600.00 when $500.00 is doable? Problem is Americans always try to live above their means or a their limits (hence why we are in an economical crisis). If their is one thing I learned about this is always take your paperwork home and sleep on it. It's better to be safe than sorry, I was lucky enough to be able to revise the contract mainly because the car had to be delivered the next day which gave me time to really look at the fine print. Anyhow, I sound like I am preaching now, good luck with your lease you will be very happy with the car, I am! :)
  • awf_axisawf_axis Member Posts: 136
    Just drove home a Q5 last night. Great vehicle but has so many functions and features, it will take a while to get it figured out.

2011 Q5 2.0 - Prem-Plus, Q-Gray, Nav, B&O, 19" wheels, matts, msrp $45,640

MSRP: $45,640
    Neg: $43,426 (Inv + $500)
    Rebate: - $750 (Conq Cash)
    Audi Care: $790
    Net Cap: $43,466
    Residual: $22,820
    Factor: .0019 (They acknowledge buy rate is .0017, but need the margin)
    Residual: 50% (36mo, 15k mileage, w/ Audi care 1% bump)
    Payment: $699 (b/4 tax)

Drive off was DMV, License ($583), Acq ($625), 1st pmt and doc ($55).

Might argue I could have got $400 better with the .0002 factor at the buy rate, but can't blame them for wanting to make money. Competition was not even close. There never was any "playing" around with tiresome negotiation. Deal was $500 over invoice and .0019 at first contact. (All done over emails and phone).
    Here's the information that you're looking for, hcanter.

Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q5 Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00161 and 46%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • hcanterhcanter Member Posts: 9
    Thx Car_man! I actually ended up ordering a 2011 S4 prestige, so when it gets close, I will be asking under that forum for those leasing numbers.
  • johnnyyehjohnnyyeh Member Posts: 2
    2011 AUDI Q5 2.0 4-DR AUTO QUATTRO
    IBIS WHITE
    BLACK
    BANG & OLUFSEN SOUND SYSTEM
    TOW HITCH
    NAVIGATION PACKAGE
    19" ALL-SEASON TIRES - 5 ARM V WHEELS
    PREMIUM PLUS PACKAGE
    DESTINATION CHARGE

36 mos - 10,000 miles
    $684.83 plus tax / $751.62 after tax
    $1406 Total Driveoff
    MF .00195 / Res 52%
  • johnnyyehjohnnyyeh Member Posts: 2
    By the way, final negotiated price is at $43000.00
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    edited September 2010
    wicked,

Section 10, Itemization of Gross Cap

(A) Agreed Upon Value (Sell Price)......................... 36,530.00

(B) ?????????????????????????.......................... 835.00

Gross Capitalized Cost......................................... 37,365.00

Looks like (B) contains a bunch of N/A's with something chopped off at the bottom. Are you aware of the additional $835 charge? Is that the $790 Audi-Care charge plus some miscellaneous $45 fee (can't be tax)? Or, did you pay the Audi-Care upfront? If paid upfront, then why the $835 charge? My gut tells me that the $835 has something to do with the Audi-Care. It's not disclosed in section 5 and so, the only other place to disclose it is in section 10(B). So, I'm guessing it's capitalized in the lease.

Also, why did you allow the dealer to use the net-trade as a credit toward the front- end lease charges? Why not use the net-trade, or some portion thereof, as the cap reduction to avoid cap reduction sales tax? Net trade allowances aren't taxable in CA. As such, you could have avoided paying the $114.14 sales tax on the $1,304.50 cash cap reduction.

Some of your rhetoric...

"Audi Care putting a total of $3,103.42 down. ($1,000 cash and the rest was trade in) I got my monthly payment to $515.03 (including tax)"

doesn't make sense. To wit...

"Audi Care putting a total of..."

You seem to be suggesting that your front-end liability is the Audi-Care PLUS $3,103.42 but, I'm only guessing because you're not very clear.

To be candid, I think you allowed the dealer to control this deal and that's never a good thing. You should have done all the research and number crunching in advance, submitted a one-page lease proposal via FAX/email, and negotiated via phone/email from the comfort of your home.

Also, as a side note, the dealer does not set the residual. The residual is established by the fund provider. In your case, the residual factor (53%) x 39.055 MSRP = 20,699.15 residual value. There is no way that a fund provider would fund a lease if dealerships took it upon themselves to jack residuals just to meet some pre-determined monthly payment. Other than the term and money factor, the only way to change monthly payments is via the agreed upon value (sell price) and/or adjusting capped fees/cap reductions.

Every dealer must submit their LEASE WORKSHEET, along with the completed lease agreeement, to the fund provider. If there are mistakes, the fund provider will kick it back to the dealership.

John
    Yes, the $835.00 was the Audi Care plus $45.00 doc fee. And it is in section 10(b) like you said. I wasn't aware that it couldn't be taxed, after all this is my very first lease.

Your right, they did control the deal in the beginning (not sure if you read my previous posts) my payment was at one point over $550.00 a month (tax included). I am very happy with what they gave me as trade-in and surprised I got that much specially when I had tried to sell it for $16,500 through Craigslist and E-bay with no luck. So for them to even give me $16,500 was a huge win in my point. The fact that I only put $1,000 out of pocket (which I really didn't need to) but felt comfortable doing it as my payment dropped to a VERY COMFORTABLE zone.

I have seen other deals here posted here and in message forums and quite frankly feel I got a good deal. And your comment on residual is wrong, I have the original E-mail which I can forward you of the dealership quoting me and the final contract that I got (which was a way better deal). So their is something shady going on.

I think at the end of the day, and I tell this to everyone a lease is really what you feel comfortable paying. If you can easily afford $700.00 a month then a payment of $650.00 is nothing, specially if you want the car. So it all comes down to your financial circumstances whether you can afford it or not. And $515.00 a month payment to drive a nice car like the Q5 I would take that deal all over again!
    edited September 2010
    My comment regarding residuals is not wrong. Residual FACTORS and, hence, residual factors, are detetmined by the fund provider; not the dealership. Now, the dealership may have used the wrong factor to establish your residual initially. But, the dealership does not construct residual factors to be used in establishing residual values.

Residual value setting is a very complex procedure that involves statistical estimation procedures that car dealerships couldn't even begin to comprehend. No fund provider is going to allow an car dealership to establish residual values. That's like giving a 4 year old child a book of matches and a can of gasoline. Furthermore, many banks carry residual value insurance. Do you honestly think a residual insurance carrier would allow a car dealership to set residuals? Good heavens!

Your openning comment...

"Yes, the $835.00 was the Audi Care plus $45.00 doc fee. And it is in section 10(b) like you said. I wasn't aware that it couldn't be taxed, after all this is my very first lease".

What couldn't be taxed? Sounds like you're implying that I said that the Audi-Care can't be taxed. If so, I never said that. If you re-read my post, you'll discover that the only thing I said that isn't taxable is the net trade credit.

Enjoy your new ride!

John
  • crossover1crossover1 Member Posts: 27
    I had a similar problem over a year ago. They play with the numbers to maximize their profit. The sad part is I called Audi to complain and guess what. Instead of investigating the issue with the data I provided, they called the dealer and got the BS story. So they call back and inform me that Audi has nothing to do with our dealers and their transactions. (Hands-off approach). What a joke.
  • rajgnrajgn Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,

Can you please post September money factor for Q5 2.0T PP (with Nav) and residual (36mos, 10K miles)? Also, any idea how many payments Audi allows towards security deposit and how much the MF goes down for each payment? Thanks a lot.
  • paradiddle7paradiddle7 Member Posts: 63
    I sold cars when I was 18. It was an eye opening experience. Then again seeing how every corporation runs today is an eye opening experience too. Unfortunately, in America if it's not illegal, or even if it is and you can't get caught, businesses will do it to make a buck. My brother in-law works for a Nissan dealer as their internet sales manager and it's still amazing to see both sides of the coin. The uneducated or people with less than desirable (but still good) credit get screwed. There's also lots of people who look at a straight deal, which is often a losing deal for my brother in law, but the dealer will make money, while my bro in-law makes a "mini" of $100. Selling 10-15 cars a month is a good month, and they don't get paid except commision. If he makes 10-15 mini's he's not eating. Anyways, the business is screwed up. Dealers lie, cheat and steal when they can. They made their bed in the early days by raping people through handshakes and now they have to live with it.

The key is to get educated. Know what's a fair deal and don't be afraid to walk. I probably pay more than I could but I like to have friends in the front of the dealership, and I like to know that my sales person is making a fair commision. For the most part, I pay about 3-4% profit by working from invoice up and then I simply demand the best financing because I know I qualify. I tell them that they aren't going to make any money on me on the backend of the deal, except if I buy a tire warranty or Audi Care etc... I work the deal out over the phone or through emails and I confirm all the numbers. I email them the numbers I expect to see on the contract and tell them that if they are anything different that it's not a deal. I'd say half the time, they still try to mess with me, but I simply stick to my guns and wait for them to say that they must have made a mistake or there was a misunderstanding. My favorite part is when the saleperson comes back into the office and says, "I went to bat for you, so now the numbers are what you said they should be!". I love going to buy cars with my friends too because I help them get a fair deal, more importantly, we know where we stand in the deal. It sucks not knowing if you got a good deal or ripped off.

I'd love to buy some of these new miniature cameras and record what goes on and send it to the news. There definitely could be some serious reform and regulation in the car business because they are dishonest and bordering on criminal IMO, but everyone is entitled to make mistakes! :blush:
    edited September 2010
    "I'd love to buy some of these new miniature cameras and record what goes on and send it to the news. There definitely could be some serious reform and regulation in the car business because they are dishonest and bordering on criminal IMO, but everyone is entitled to make mistakes!"

Everyone is entitled to make mistakes????????

It angers me that people, especially liberals, minimize crime by labeling them "mistakes". I’m appalled that Judges, trial attorneys, and society, in general, trivialize crimes by labeling them “mistakes”. A mistake occurs extemporaneously and without premeditation. For example, finding the sum of 49 + 76 to be 115 is a “mistake”. Willfully and knowingly cheating another, robbing a Dairy Mart, or DUI can hardly be considered “mistakes”. DUI penalties are much too lenient and, at minimum, should result in stiff fines and permanent revocation of one’s driving privileges. If an innocent bystander is killed as a result, then, at the very least, an automatic life sentence should be imposed regardless of age.

Only a bleeding heart soft-on-crime mollycoddling love 'em, hug 'em, and kiss 'em nation like America would call crimes "mistakes". WAKE UP!!!

I do agree that EDUCATION is the key to not getting screwed by a nation of people determined to scam each other just to make as living. I'm absolutely certain that I know as much about car leasing as anyone on this planet making it impossible for a dealer to cheat me. The key to understanding leasing is mathematics! And, trust me, it can get complicated in a hurry especially with 0-0-0 leases and MSD's (capped in the lease) in states that tax the total of taxable payments.

The problem with most car deals is that people allow the dealer to control the deal... a very bad idea!

John
This discussion has been closed.