Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 and Earlier Buick Verano Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,576
edited April 2015 in Buick
This topic is dedicated to discussing leasing questions for the Buick Verano, model years 2014 and earlier. To discuss the latest deals for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Buick Verano Lease Questions forum.

To research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, please see the Edmunds 2015 Buick Verano page.

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• cdb68cdb68 Member Posts: 3
    I'm seeking information to lease a Verano in CT. I want to lease a 2012 Verano with the Leather Group II option. MSRP is $26850. Can you tell me the money factor and residual for this vehicle for a$10,000 mile per year lease for 39 months? Thank you.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi cdb68. General Motors publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Ally's March base lease rate and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Verano Leather with 10,000 miles per year are 1.85% and 50%, respectively.

GM is providing a paltry $150 cash incentive on leases of this vehicle through Ally right now. I guess that something is better than nothing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • mlisamlisa Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I also have a question about a lease on a Buick Verano..... They're offering 0 down, 339 plus tax per month for 24 months on a Verano base model retail $23,490 (i think) The total price after the end of the lease the consumer would pay is somewhere around $8000....

I want the verano with the convenience package, sunroof & spoiler which totals $26490. 15,000 miles per year. They're quoting me a price with tax of $339 per month w/tax with $4500 down with tier 2 credit. The way I figure it they're charging me approximately $20 more per month than tier 1 credit customers. The total I'll pay for this car over 2 years is close to $12,000.....That doesn't make sense to me??

If you can make sense of this and explain it to me I'd really appreciate it. Not sure if I'm getting taken on this one??
    Thanks for your help!!
  • amoszamosz Member Posts: 38
    Hi

I was wondering if the interest rate changes from the base to the leather group options?

And I guess current values for a 24 and 39 month lease for 10k and 12k miles.

Thank you
    Sorry, since I can't find an edit button.

I guess I am more interested in the interest rate and residual for the base and convince options of the verano (if different from each other).

The leather group option I saw listed above, while nicer, I think is above what I wanted to spend on the car. Based on the previously mentioned 1.85%/50%, I get a lease amount of $324/month (using fitzmall pricing).

12k and 15k miles, 24 or 36 month leases.

I'll be looking to lease a car around memorial day weekend.

Thank you very much.
    Test drove the car.

Was given this offer on the base.

12k/39 months. MF of 0.00045 and residual value of 53%. At $269/month.
    15k/39 months. Same MF with RV of 51%, at $299/month.
    (I would pay tax, title, license up front, and freight fee at ~$2300).

They were not very up front about the cap cost of the car, believe it to near or at MSRP. Truecar only shows about a ~$3-400 savings off of the MSRP at this time anyways.

Is this close to a good deal? I know numbers will change in May. Interest rate is around 1.7%. I'm debating between leasing at the end of this month (assuming a family member allows me to park the car at his place till we move from the city) or just waiting till end of may/early June when we get closer to moving out of the city.

Not sure if it would change significantly to have the covn package option.

thanks
  • mp11477mp11477 Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man,

Can you provide the current Ally money factor/interest rate and residual on a base Verano for 39 months/12k and 15k miles, as well as any applicable lease cash available? A dealer in my area is quoting one at 189/month + Tax for 39 months and 10k miles, but the mileage is too low....otherwise, it seems like a great deal to me, if I could bump the miles up a bit. Thanks!
  • cnote2cnote2 Member Posts: 140
    Need 24/36m 12k mile lease numbers on a verano. also what are the current incentives\lease cash in the northeast region?
  • ravens1592ravens1592 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to lease a base verno with a msrp around 23,500 but my spouse is a GM employee which should sweeten the deal some, I'm in Maryland zip 21601. Can you tell me what the best money factor is on a 39 month lease 12k per year. I've been told that they will lease it for 39 months at 315 per month but I would like to back into there number and also does ally have a balloon payment at the end of my term?
  • neil22neil22 Member Posts: 52
    Car man
    Please provide the current base lease rate and residual value for 36 month 15K per year lease on a Verano premium trim
  • jharrisctjharrisct Member Posts: 18
    Hello,

CarMan,

Can you provide the lease rate for the Verano Premium (Turbo)?

Thanks very much!
    Hi jharrisct. Ally's February base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Verano Premium with 15,000 miles per year are 1.25% and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

General Motors is providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this car. It is waiving the first month's payment on leases of this car as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks very much!
    You're welcome jharrisct. I'm glad that I was able to help you out.

Car_man
    Host
  • brooke09brooke09 Member Posts: 15
    Hi Car Man,

Thanks for all of your help on these forums! I have a question that I hope isn't too complicated.

I'm looking at a base 2013 Verano for a 36 month, 10K miles a year lease. As per your advice, I want to put as little as possible down. I'm also eligible for the college/grad school discount.

I'm comparing this option to a base BMW 3 series and base Lexus IS250. I assume the Verano would be a considerable savings, but I do know that depending on residual values and money factors more expensive cars can get better lease rates. Could you provide me your opinion on this? I've been trying to figure out what the likely monthly difference would be without having to negotiate at 3 dealerships up front.

Thanks!
    You're very welcome brooke09.

You should be able to work up sample lease payments on all three of the vehicles that you're interested in without too much trouble. Look up the MSRP and dealer invoice prices of the exact cars that you are interested in over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. Once you have those numbers subtract any available cash incentives from the invoice price and add a few hundred dollars back for the dealer and you have your selling prices.

Then plug the selling prices along with the appropriate money factor and residual value into the formula that is outlined in the following article: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Here's the program information that you need:

2013 Buick Verano
    Lease Rate (36 mo.): .00052
    Residual Value (15k): 58%
    Cash incentive: $1,000

2013 BMW 328i Sedan
    Lease Rate (36 mo.): .00130
    Residual Value (15k): 60%
    Cash incentive: $1,000

2013 Lexus IS 250 Sedan
    Lease Rate (36 mo.): .00145 (better than that in some areas)
    Residual Value (15k): 59%
    Cash incentive: $0

The Buick programs should be good through the end of April, but BMW and Lexus are scheduled to publish new April programs some time tomorrow. Please feel free to check back with me for an update later in the week.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you so much, Car man! This information is super helpful.

I just ran the numbers on the BMW and the Verano (after test driving, I'm less interested in the Lexus). I'm a bit confused. I get a monthly for the BMW of $377 and $265 for the Verano. When you look at advertised deals, the Verano looks about right but the BMW seems to be much cheaper using the calculator than what they are selling (perhaps because they normally offer one package up). Any clarity here?

Thanks again!
  • jpipes3jpipes3 Member Posts: 4
    I signed docs for my Verano lease yesterday. Since there isn't much info on here, I thought I would post some of my numbers to help others out. I don't remember all of the details, but I'll post as much as I can remember off the top of my head...

2013 Verano Base + Carbon Black Metallic paint
    24 months, 12k miles per year
    $0 down
    $1600 in incentives and rebates were used as cap cost reduction, which I believe resulted in $21,665 cap cost before fees
    $17,157 residual
    Drive-off was first month's payment + registration (personal property tax)

Came out to...
    $279 per month (includes tax at 8.65%)
    The dealership is also paying the final $607 lease payment on my G37x and turning in that car for me.
    Lease includes OnStar, XM radio, and routine maintenance during the term.
    Thank you! This is super helpful. Wondering how different it would be for 10K a year and a 3 year lease. Anyone do anything similar?
    You're very welcome brooke09. I'd be happy to work up some payments for you that we can compare to what you worked up. What MSRPs and selling prices did you use?

Car_man
    Host
    edited April 2013
    Thank you! The final MSRPs I used were:

Base Verano: $21,357 (essentially used the invoice and subtracted $800 for the $1,000 cash incentive, since I added back $200 for the dealer)
    Base BMW 320i: $29,145 (this is the new, lower priced model using the same method above. It is possible that the residuals you gave me would not apply to this model since they were meant for the 328i).

I'd love to work them up with 10K miles if possible instead of 15.
  • craigc80craigc80 Member Posts: 1
    Can someone post the 24 month rates and residuals for the model? Also if there is any lease cash, repeat GM loyalty, auto show rebates in the NY/NJ area. Thanks!!
  • miamiveranomiamiverano Member Posts: 2
    Hi CarMan!

My current car is a leased VW 2010 Jetta SE for which I pay $305.89 a month, but I don't recall the exact MSRP, it was around 23k. I bascially told them how much I wanted to pay a month and that's how I ened up with this car. I have since learned that's not the way to go about it and am trying to educate myself some. I am considering the Verano, Jetta and Passat but I am looking to stay in the same ball park in regards to monthly payments.

I am trying to calculate what my payments would be on a 2013 entry model verano with a MSRP of $23,975. I see it says there is a $500 incentive but don't see the additional incentives others have been referrring to. The special offer I see says $199 a month for 24 months with 10k miles a year with msrp of $23,975 and $2389 due at signging.

The problem I have with the above deal is that I need 12,000 miles a year and do not want to put anything down. Does Buick do no money down deals and if so how much can I expect to pay a month? How do Buicks deals rate against VW deals? Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
  • miamiveranomiamiverano Member Posts: 2
    Car Man, I am not sure if I'm doing this right but based on the following info I am getting a lease payment of $429.76. Is that right?

Residual value (36 mo) 58%
    Lease rate (15k) 0.0052
    Msrp $23,975.00 (including destination charges)
    Invoice $23,052.00
    Incentive $500 in Miami, FL (33172)

The residual value and lease rates I found in an earlier post of yours. Am I using the right numbers? How would I find the numbers for 24 month lease with 12k miles? Or the numbers for another car?

Help! I am so confused! Thanks in advance!
    Car Man

please post the residual value and interest rate or money factor for 24, 36 and 39 months on a 15k per year Verano premium trim

thank you
    car man

please post the residual value and interest rate or money factor for 24, 36 and 39 months on a 15k miles per year Verano premium trim

thanks
    Hi neil22. Ally's May base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Buick Verano with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 70%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 1.25% and 58%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 1.25% and 56%.

General Motors is currently providing a $100 cash incentive on 24-month and $1,000 on 36-month leases of the '13 Verano.

Car_man
    Host
  • mcabreramcabrera Member Posts: 6
    I'm trying to help my daughter get the best deal on a 2013 Buick Verano (lease).

Can you please post the residual value and interest rate or money factor for 24 months on a 10k and 12K miles per year 2013 Verano Convenience Group. Are there any incentives or rebates?
    Certainly mcabrera. Ally's May base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Verano Convenience with 12,000 miles per year are 1.0% and an amazing 72%.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

General Motors is currently only providing a $100 cash incentive on 2-year leases of this model. There is however a $1,000 conquest offer available on it for current owners of non-GM products that would be available on top of that.

Car_man
    Host
  • jdessjdess Member Posts: 10
    Hi Car man,
    I'm looking for the current residual, interest, and incentives for a 2013 Verano Premium for 10k and 12k.
    Thanks
    Hi jdess. Ally's July base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Buick Verano Premium with 12,000 miles per year are 0.37% and 60%.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

General Motors is providing a $500 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • jimbaroundjimbaround Member Posts: 5
    Carman, could you post the latest base lease rate and residual value for the base model Verano?

Thanks very much.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,576
    I'm sorry, but we don't have any Buick numbers for August.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jimbaroundjimbaround Member Posts: 5
    For anyone who is interested I ended up getting the following info on the 2013 Verano Base Model

Residual 72% on 24 month lease with 10k miles per year
    Interest rate of 3.2%
    Hello,

Have you received the rates for a Verano Leather or Premium and either 24 or 36 months?

Thanks very much!
  • opfreakopfreak Member Posts: 106
    looking for a 24 month lease for a verano premium. 10 or 12k miles.

anyone have the residual / mf?
    2014 Verano 24mo, 12K/yr lease
    1.0% money factor and 66% residual
    $375 of lease cash

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• opfreakopfreak Member Posts: 106
    are they still leasing 2013's? would you have those numbers?

Thank you very much.
    I'm not sure if they are still leasing 2013 models.. I don't have those numbers, if they are.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• aebulbulaebulbul Member Posts: 26
    Hi,

Buick 2013 Buick Verano (Indianapolis)
    Leather Package
    2 year lease, 24,000 miles
    -includes 2 years of Onstar
    -includes 2 years maintenance
    -includes 2 years satellite radio

I worked a quote of $237/month (taxes included) for a 2013 Verano with the leather package. There is $0 down except the first payment+taxes on the rebate. This is after GM employee discount pricing, GM card earnings, and a rebate the dealer is offering on top.

Would it be worthwhile attempting to bring that number down to $200-$215/month?

Thanks
  • normskynormsky Member Posts: 6
    In May I picked up the top of the line Premium 2.0T with 6-speed manual and only 6,000 miles on the clock for $23,000. It doesn't have sunroof or optional wheels, quite the deal. I've seen lessor models in the $19K range if you can travel for one. YahooAutos was my source.
  • bluemi13bluemi13 Member Posts: 1
    I saw the numbers for a 2014 Verano in October - Has anything changed in November?

I am currently being offered the following lease terms (MI):
    2014 Verano Convenience
    24 month, 20,000 miles
    Residual 66%
    Interest 1.53%
    $334/month, 0 down, $365 up front costs.

I am not set on a 2014. Given what I have seen here, I am thinking I can do much better. Thoughts?
    The only lease numbers I have are from Ally, and they don't show a subsidized lease for 24 months, so I don't have any numbers to compare for you...

I would guess that you could do much better on a 36 month lease..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• redls1redls1 Member Posts: 37

Anything current for April 2014?

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,916

@redls1 said:
    Anything current for April 2014?

Sorry, the April numbers won't be available until the end of this week or the beginning of next week.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Sorry what are the most current then? Should I also go to the sub forum for the regal?

Nevermind thank I saw them

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,916

@redls1 said:
    Nevermind thank I saw them

Let us know if there is anything we can do for you .. and please come back and let us know how your deal ended up.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Well my local dealership , was a waste of time again. I went last month to buy a Cadillac SRX, They came up with come crazy numbers and couldnt come close on a deal. I bought the SRX from someone else. I went today for a Buick Regal premium 2 package. First I test drove a Regal GS which was waste because of price and engine. Then they couldnt find a regular. Then they found the color I wanted but because the supposed site was down only came up with 2 year lease numbers. I told them I wanted 39 months 12k miles a year. Sorry had to vent. Is it really that hard to come up with lease numbers? Yes I know I had negative equity in my trade but regardless I even came up with some basic numbers based on past residual and money factor numbers.

• naimy1992naimy1992 Member Posts: 35
    Could I get the money factor, and residual for 36 and 39 months on a 2014 Buick verano leather group with 12k a year! Thank you
This discussion has been closed.