Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mazda CX-5 Lease Questions

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
edited May 2015 in Mazda
To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Mazda CX-5 Lease Questions and 2016 Mazda CX-5 Lease Questions forums.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 Mazda CX-5 and 2016 Mazda CX-5 pages.

To see all forums discussions about the Mazda CX-5, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Mazda CX-5 discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• tek9designstek9designs Member Posts: 3
    Hi carman,

Can you help me with the lease info for June on a 2014 CX-5 GT FWD AT in Southern California for a 36 month lease with 12,000/year ?

Thanks!
  • amoszamosz Member Posts: 38
    Interested in the MF for GT FWD.

MF and Residual for 15k miles 24 and 36 month term.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Sure tek9designs. Chase's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 CX-5 GT FWD AT with 12,000 miles per year in California are .00013 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey amosz. Please see my previous post for the 36-month numbers. The 24-month numbers are .00022 and 66% for consumers who are in the area that have the more aggressive lease program.

The money factor for other areas is .00055 for 24 months and .00043 for 36 months.

Car_man
    Host
  • amoszamosz Member Posts: 38
    Much appreciated carman!
  • jzmacjzmac Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

Can you help me with the lease info for June on a 2014 CX-5 GT FWD AT in Northern California for a 36 month lease with 10,000/year ?

Thanks!
  • paul325paul325 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I'm looking for June lease info on 2014 CX-5 GT AWD, 36mo, 12k/yr, in New Jersey.

Thank you
    You're very welcome amosz.

Car_man
    Host
    Certainly jzmac. Chase's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 CX-5 GT FWD with 10,000 miles per year in California are .00013 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello paul325. Chase's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 CX-5 GT AWD with 12,000 miles per year in New Jersey are 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

In your area this month, Chase is waiving the first month's payment on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • crt1976crt1976 Member Posts: 6
    Hi -
    Any info on the residual and money factor for the 2014 CX 5 GT AWD with 12k per year in Pennsylvnia

Thanks!
    I was just quoted this based on MSRP of 31290. $329/month for 36 months, 12k miles/year, $2500 at signing, payment includes PA tax and tags.
    Residual is 58% of MSRP and money factor is .00013.

Sound good?
    Hi crt1976. Chase's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 CX-5 GT AWD in Pennsylvania with 12,000 miles per year are .00013 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    The money factor that you were quoted is spot on. Do you know what selling price the dealer used to calculate your payment?

Car_man
    Host
  • paul325paul325 Member Posts: 3
    Wow, that's great Car_man. What about the money factor?
    Yes, the sales price is 30280. I've also gotten quotes for lower prices - 29800, 28990 - but for much higher money factors (.00029). One dealer quoted me 31,190 and a money factor of .00063.
    thanks car_man!
  • rob2259rob2259 Member Posts: 1
    Can you help me with the lease info for June on a 2014 CX-5 GT with tech package in North Florida? Looking for a 36-month lease with 12,000/year on sales price of $30,240.

Thanks.
  • ready2lease2ready2lease2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,
    Can you give me lease info for June for Arizona for 2014 CX-5 Touring FWD w/ Bose/moonroof/satellite radio package. Looking for 36 month, 12K/yr.
    Thanks
  • momsbmwmomsbmw Member Posts: 7
    Could you please provide the MF and residual for a 2014 CX-5 AWD GT for 36 month, 15K/year? The car is loaded with the tech package and I was quoted $354/month, but that seems on the high side.
    thanks
  • armaniusarmanius Member Posts: 6
    Hello CarMan-

Can you please provide the residual and money factor for a 2014 CX5 FWD GT with tech package for 36 months at both 12K/year and 15K/year?

I'm located in the Houston, Texas area.

Thank you very much.

-Armanius
  • kenmarckenmarc Member Posts: 16
    Buehler?
  • chevychase1chevychase1 Member Posts: 4
    Hi CarMan -
    you helped me out when i leased my VW passat. now looking to lease the cx-5 for the wife in chicago, il. how does this look (based on their response to our questions)?

Here are the numbers for the 2014 CX-5 at 10,000 miles per year lease.

Touring FWD : $415.28 for 36 months

1) What is the capitalized cost? - $27,536.14
    2) What is the money factor? - .00043
    3) What is the residual value? - $14,341.60

Touring FWD w/ Technology Pkg : $452.82 for 36 months

1) What is the capitalized cost? - $30,079.48
    2) What is the money factor? - .0043
    3) What is the residual value? - $15,694.00

Grand Touring FWD : $458.05 for 36 months

1) What is the capitalized cost? - $30,768.84
    2) What is the money factor? - .00043
    3) What is the residual value? - $16,229.90

4) What is the down payment? - 1st month and Plates
    5) What is the mileage cap and the cost-per-mile penalty for exceeding this limit? - 10,000 @ .18 cents per mile
    6) What is duration of warranty and what does it cover? - 3 yr / 36 months
    7) What are the charges for wear and tear? - Normal wear and tear

Manny
  • tk41tk41 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    For a 2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD GT Tech Package Red Paint 3-year, 12,000/year lease, a NJ dealership offered me:

------------------------
    MSRP: $31,645

36 months
    12k miles a year

$410 - 1st month up front
    $410 a month after that

(Pricing includes ALL taxes and fees, No loyalty rebates)
    -----------------------

I asked what adjusted cap cost this is based off of and they said "I included the MSRP just for comparison's sake. We're selling the car to bank for $29,800. "

Is this a good deal?
  • pupper4pupper4 Member Posts: 6
    Carman:

Looking for money factor and residual on a 2-wheel drive Touring in Illinois for 15K/year, 36 months.

Thanks
  • armaniusarmanius Member Posts: 6
    Sounds really good to me if no money down other than the first month. I'm in Texas, so the lease factor and residual may differ. So far, on a GT FWD with tech, best number offered to me without negotiation is $475 per month for 36 months/36,000 miles.
  • ggiamattaggiamatta Member Posts: 2
    This would be my first lease. Not even sure about how to bring it up with the dealership.

Folks have told me to negotiate sales price first. Then work on residual, money factor, mileage, etc.

Honestly, I just want to be able to plan my payments.

I hate dealing with dealers, it has been a complete headache the last two times I've gone that both times I decided to forego purchasing the vehicle. Now we need one, so here goes...

Thanks for any advice!
  • edmundsnalledmundsnall Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    2014 CX-5 GT AWD, no tech package
    Options: wheel locks, roof rails
    MSRP: $29,970
    Invoice: $29,078
    Sales price: $28,950
    Sales price + $595 Acquisition: $29,545
    Money factor: .00024
    Residual rate: 56.00%
    lease terms: 36 months, 12K miles per year
    Residual value: $16,783
    Lease payment: $366
    Total payment with taxes (9.00%): $399
    Due at signing: $218 for tags, Mazda rebate on 1st months payment

Call around and you can get a deal close or under invoice. The key is get the first few dealers to reveal the money factor and residual in their deal offers. Then use those rates to negotiate the sales price as close to invoice as possible. First three dealers all quoted me lease numbers where the sales price was $600 over invoice. Last guy was spot on with the numbers above and I picked up the car the next day.

Black exterior with roof rails and sand leather interior is super sharp looking. We love our Mazda and so far worth every penny. We'll see if that holds a year from now.

I hope this info helps.
  • mrweiss52mrweiss52 Member Posts: 2
    Hello CarMan,
    At your convenience please advise the money factor and residual for a Mazda 2014 CX-5 AWD GT without technology package for 36 months at 15,000 miles/year in the Minneapolis/St Paul, MN, area.
    Thank you,
    Mike
  • pupper4pupper4 Member Posts: 6
    Looking for August money factor and residual on CX-5 base fwd Touring model for 36 months at 15k/year? Did not get reply in July.

Thanks
  • alexu01905alexu01905 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    Hi,

Do you possibly know the residual value and the money factor for a 2014 fwd CX-5 Touring in the Boston area for the month of August? 10K miles and 42 month lease. also what is the invoice price for this car?

Thank you.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    For the state of MA,

.00046 and 52%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mattmcspiritmattmcspirit Member Posts: 3
    Hi CarMan.

Would it be possible for you to provide the money factor and residual on a 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring (AWD), in Washington state? The model I'm specifically looking at has $405 worth of options added, in addition to the Tech package.

I've been quoted the following:

- MSRP of $31,895
    - Cap Cost at invoice - $30,798
    - Term - 36 months with 12K miles a year
    - Down payment - $3,000
    - Residual - $17,861.20
    - Payment - $357.08 plus tax ($392.07 total)

Do your figures line up with this? Is this a bad deal?

Thanks so much in advance!
    Matt
    To hit that number, your net CAP cost would have to be about $29,800..

So... if you are putting $3000 down, where did the other $2000 go?

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hi kyfdx,

I'm not sure I follow. Could you clarify what you mean by the other $2,000, and where you're getting the $29,800 from?

Thanks for your help!
    Matt
    I ran your numbers in a spreadsheet... To achieve the payment that you were quoted, the CAP cost would have to be $29,800..

You said your CAP cost was $30,800, and you put $3000 down.... I assume $1000 of that went to lower the CAP cost... That still leaves $2000.

So, unless you are making up for negative equity on a trade-in, or there is something else we don't know, then the deal doesn't add up.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Ahh, i see what's happened.

OK, the MSRP original cost was $31,895, but through our employer relationship with the local dealership, we are given invoice pricing (i believe depending on the model etc). This automatically gets it down to the $30,798 as the starting point.

It's on this figure, that we apply the $3,000 down.

Does that clarify the situation? Apologies - a lot of this is new to me!

Thanks so much for your help!
    Matt
    edited August 2013
    To come up with your payment, the net CAP cost would have to be about $29,800..

Since the selling price is $30,800, and you put $3000 upfront, then about $1000 of your upfront money went to reduce the CAP cost... Where does the other $2000 go? (1st payment? Acquisition fee? Title/license fees? Document fee?)

Some of those charges can be legitimate, but others can be predatory... Beware the $699 dealer fee or document fee... that's just added profit...
    I'd want to see a breakdown of how the $3000 was allocated.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• westalabamawestalabama Member Posts: 2
    Hi CarMan.

Can you provided the money factor and residual for Alabama for a 36-month, 15,000 mile per year lease on a 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring (FWD) with the Tech Package?
    .00052 and 54%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• gexpogexpo Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man, could you please provide the residual and money factor for a 2014 CX-5 Touring at 12k a year in Miami, Florida?
    .00014 and 55%.. Assuming 2WD, since you are in Florida..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dbl_ddbl_d Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    Hi Car Man, could you please provide the residual and money factor for a 2014 AWD CX-5 Touring at 12k a year for 3years in Minneapolis , MN
    .00024 MF and 56% residual..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• indianahoosierindianahoosier Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man and others on this forum,

Can you please tell me if the below lease option on a Mazda CX-5 in Indianapolis, IN is a good deal or no?

Mazda CX-5 Touring (AWD) with Bose/Moonroof Package and Appearance Package
    Downpayment of $2000, 36 month lease/12k a year = $362
    if it is a 48 month lease, they quoted $349 a month

Is AWD worth it in Indiana? We do get quite a lot of snow about 3 months in a year.

Thanks,
    SS
  • akchrisakchris Member Posts: 1
    I can't get the answer from Chase so I'm hoping someone here can help. I'm in Florida and I have a leased '14 CX5 Touring, I've only made 5 payments, so 31 to go @ $286/mo, 15k/yr and my situation has changed, making it necessary for me to get rid of my beloved CX5. Does anyone know how much the fees are for a lease transfer? How long it will take? Will I be off the lease completely or will I still be held responsible if the person that assumes my lease stops making payments? I've read some high end leases will come after the original lessee if the new owner flakes, but I have no experience with this as its my first leased vehicle. Thanks in advance for any help.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090
    Will you still need a car in your new circumstances? Your best bet would be to ride out the lease. Most alternatives to exit the lease early are going to be expensive.

There are a number of third party websites where you can list your Mazda and have someone take over the lease payments. However, you may have to provide a cash incentive to that person.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• camber2camber2 Member Posts: 2
    I would like to know the money factor and residual for a 2014 Grand Touring AWD on a 36 mo 12,000 mi per year lease. I live in Grand Rapids , Michigan Thanks
  • mrweiss52mrweiss52 Member Posts: 2
    Hi kyfdx,
    Could you please provide the residual and money factor for a 2014 CX-5 AWD Grand Touring without technology package at 15k miles/year for 3 years in Minneapolis, MN?
    Thank you!
    2014 CX-5 AWD Grand Touring 36mo, 15K/yr lease in MN
    .00011 MF and 54% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.