Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 GMC Acadia Lease Questions

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
edited May 2015 in GMC
To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 GMC Acadia Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 GMC Acadia page.

To see all forums discussions about the GMC Acadia, including earlier model years, please visit our list of GMC Acadia discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199
    2014 Acadia Denali FWD 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    1.2% MF and 58% residual... $1350 of lease cash

No info on the 2013 models..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ekoblenzekoblenz Member Posts: 14
    Hi Guys,

Will appreciate an advice. Looking to lease a 2014 GMC Acadia Denali AWD.
    Fully loaded car, 39 months, 12K miles per year.

MSRP: $51,390
    Invoice: $49,514
    Trade in amount: ~$5300 (Dealer is still reviewing my car)
    Money at signing: Dealer told me zero (i'm guessing all inceptions are included along with Tax into the monthly payment? )

Monthly payment: $390

Does that makes sense or am i being ripped off ?

Thanks.
  • ekoblenzekoblenz Member Posts: 14
    Hi Guys,

I actually closed on the following deal, please let me know if you think its ok.
    2014 GMC Acadia Denali

MSRP: $52835
    Sale price: $50791
    Rebate: $2350

Residual: 58%
    Money factor: .00030

39 Month lease
    12K mile per year

Inception fees with $1950

Monthly payment (Tax included): $550

Thanks,
  • coffee223coffee223 Member Posts: 6
    Also, if the MSRP is $44,300, what is a reasonable negotiating selling price. I am receving a rebate of $1,475. I was told the rebate is given as I am coming out of an infinity(lease) into a GMC.

Thank you.
    edited November 2013
    2014 GMC Acadia SLT1 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    1.35% MF and either 58% or 60% residual, depending on option packages..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• coffee223coffee223 Member Posts: 6
    What is a reasonable selling price off msrp of 41,810 Arcadia slt-1 no options. Should I be able to get this lease for under $380 per mos. with $1060 down? 36mos. 12 mi. Thank you
  • jbrabhamjbrabham Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2013
  • laxcarslaxcars Member Posts: 20
    Hi Carman. Looking for MF and RV for 2014 Acadia FWD Denali. 36 or 24 mo. lease at 12,000 miles/year. Also, does GM allow for MSDs and if so what are the guidelines?

Thanks!
    2014 Acadia FWD Denali 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    1.35% MF and 60% residual

I don't know of any domestic make that has an MSD program.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• fiveimoyfiveimoy Member Posts: 9

Hi,

Sorry if this is a repost but I try searching the forum and nothing came back so here is my question.

Anyone know the MF and Residual for a 2014 GMC Acadia SLE-1 with no options for the month of December? if you know the netcap as well then that would be great. Not looking for anything fancy just a roomy car.

thank you ahead of time for reading this post.

2014 Acadia SLE-1 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    1.35% MF and 60% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• richdesrichdes Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2013

Not sure what my MF and Residual are, here's my deal Im considering
    2014 Acadia SLE-2
    Options
    w/heated seats, 7 Passenger

$459/month 39 months 15K miles
    0 down, nothing, just 1st payment
    Plus $500 Costco Card
    Dealer cutting me a check for $2500 to pay last 6 payments on Mazda

Looking at this current deal, thoughts?

2014 Acadia SLT1 with nav

MSRP: 43,510.00
    Selling: 40,376.75

Out of pocket: $640

$448/month inc. tax

• chaaluchaalu Member Posts: 4

I'm getting a quote for 2014 GMC Acadia Denali
    24 Months 15k miles per year = $438 per month ($740 out of pocket)
    Is that a decent deal? New to leasing, do not have the MF and residual info yet.

@chaalu said:
    I'm getting a quote for 2014 GMC Acadia Denali
    24 Months 15k miles per year = $438 per month ($740 out of pocket)
    Is that a decent deal? New to leasing, do not have the MF and residual info yet.

Are you getting any options in it? What state/city are you in?

• chaaluchaalu Member Posts: 4

@laxcars said:

Thanks for your reply. I'm in Detroit, MI. The installed options are:
    20" chrome-clad aluminum wheels $600.00
    First and second row all-weather floor mats (Dealer-installed) $150.00
    Crystal Red Tintcoat $495.00
    for MSRP of $48845. Thanks for your feedback.

• niclaf77niclaf77 Member Posts: 40

hi - i am back again since my current lease on my bmw x3 is up next month. i hate it and want to look at the acadia and need some assistance. looking to lease a 2014 gmc acadia denali awd - no navigation. 10,000 - 12,000 miles per year, approx. 36 months. i don't want to put any money down, just fees, 1st month. would like to know if there are any incentives, cash back, etc for this month, money factor, residual. my husband had a gmc a few cars back so i was wondering if that qualifies us for any loyalty programs. i am a costco member as well. lastly, i can start a lease either this month or february. am i better off going with january or are deals typically better or the same in february? thanks so much. you guys have helped me with every lease i have had!!! nicole

edited January 2014

@niclaf77 said:
    hi - i am back again since my current lease on my bmw x3 is up next month. i hate it and want to look at the acadia and need some assistance. looking to lease a 2014 gmc acadia denali awd - no navigation. 10,000 - 12,000 miles per year, approx. 36 months. i don't want to put any money down, just fees, 1st month. would like to know if there are any incentives, cash back, etc for this month, money factor, residual. my husband had a gmc a few cars back so i was wondering if that qualifies us for any loyalty programs. i am a costco member as well. lastly, i can start a lease either this month or february. am i better off going with january or are deals typically better or the same in february? thanks so much. you guys have helped me with every lease i have had!!! nicole

>

If you want to do a deal by today you can get the December incentives/rebates and the Costco program, but after today all of it goes away. There are some decent deals to be had with these rates, but otherwise, you never know what's coming next - January tends to not be great in my experience for cars.

• ween57ween57 Member Posts: 7

Leased a 2014 GMC Acadia SLT-1 AWD 39 Months 10k Miles in NJ on 12/31/13

Champagne Silver w/ Dark Cashmere Interior

MSRP $47,350
    Options Include: Navigation, Rear Seat DVD, Dual Sunroofs, Forward Collision and Lane Departure Warning

Agreed on value of vehicle: $44,593
    Gross Capitalized Cost: $47,989
    Cap Cost Reduction : $2,700
    Adjusted Cap Cost : $45,289
    Residual : $27,907
    Rent Charge : $1,142

Lease Payment : $475 a month

Out the door paid $1,200 covering first month payment, DMV, & Docs

Traded in a 2010 Ford Fusion SE with 29,606 miles (appraised at $10,200 and owed Ford Finance $11,489) Black Book caps the trade in value of this car around $10,700 and I was about $1,300 in negative equity.

Total Incentive Amount Received $1,975

So how did I do here?????

• nelsonationnelsonation Member Posts: 3

2014 GMC Acadia SLT-1 AWD. diamond white exterior, brown interior, navigation, bose sound, tow package, lane departure warning, frontal collision sensor, double sun roof blah blah blah, pretty much everything the SLT-2 package offers except the DVD player.

MSRP $47,550
    Down payment $2000
    $430.00 per month
    39 month lease
    12k miles a year.
    (free oil changes, car washes)

first day I went to a dealer they would not let me lease this car for less then $570 a month with the $2000 down. I began to pin the dealers against one another. finally one dealer hurting for the sale said he can get me down to $460 a month with the $2k down. I requested a over night test drive. the next morning I brought the car to another dealership. told them to beat the price or I am taking this car back to the other dealer and buying it from them. instantly the dealer that cried just the day prior " WE JUST CANT GO BELOW $570!! WE ARE NOT EVEN MAKING MONEY ON THIS CAR AT $570!! you wont find a better deal!" suddenly dropped the price to $430 a month. reached out to the other dealership I barrowed the car from. asked if they could meet it. they said no. so I returned there car and picked up the better priced truck.

hello:

if anyone can help with my post above, i would greatly appreciate it. i want to go this week and start looking for a deal on one of these cars. thanks!

@niclaf77 said:

36mo, 12K/yr lease

1.20% MF and 60% residual. $770 lease cash.

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

If anyone has any insight, I would love an answer. How much should title fees be on a new Acadia in LA, CA?

Title fees in California generally run about 1.1% of the purchase price...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• crisancrisan Member Posts: 1
    In GA, Looking at leasing a 2014 acadia Denali AWD, diamond tricoat ext, ebony int, navigation, rear entertainment system...msrp $51,360
    Dealer is at $46k price, 58% residual, they said they are using a 2.4mf (still working on fully understanding lease negotiations, so I'm unclear on that). Said their final offer is $2800 down, $539/mo. GA did just switch their sales tax laws around so I understand leases are getting double hit. Opinions??? Would appreciate advice on what factors are negotiable and by how much.

On a 36mo, 15K/yr lease, I show the money factor as 1.2% and the residual at 58%.

This is through Ally Bank. GM uses APR percentages instead of money factors. If their money factor is 2.4%, it's possible they are marking up the rate for extra profit. It's hard to tell with GM dealers, though, as they will often use a different bank (US Bank is prevalent).

If they are marking up the base money factor, it is adding about $40/mo. to the payment.

Yes, GA recently started taxing the entire selling price of the vehicle on leases.. which doesn't help at all.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Royals_1969Royals_1969 Member Posts: 135

I'm looking for residual and MF for the following.
    2014 Acadia SLE-2 FWD
    24 month 10k
    Thanks
    Royals

can someone update with the february numbers for the 2014 gmc acadia denali awd - no navigation. 10,000 - 12,000 miles per year, approx. 36 months. also, any lease cash this month? thanks!!!

@Royals_1969 said:
    I'm looking for residual and MF for the following.
    2014 Acadia SLE-2 FWD
    24 month 10k
    Thanks
    Royals

1.25% MF and 72% residual. $770 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@niclaf77 said:
    can someone update with the february numbers for the 2014 gmc acadia denali awd - no navigation. 10,000 - 12,000 miles per year, approx. 36 months. also, any lease cash this month? thanks!!!

1.20% MF and 60% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr lease. $770 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ryry1ryry1 Member Posts: 1

kydx - i have slightly different criteria than niclaf77.

i'm looking for feb numbers for 2014 acadia denali FWD (MSRP of 49040: premium color + navi if it's of any consequence). just in case, depending on local inventory: are the residuals/MFs significantly different between FWD and AWD?

looking at 36 or 39 month and the lowest miles possible; either 10k or i saw they have some 'ultra-low mileage' option on the GMC site now which would be perfect

sorry for the variables - i'm flexible for the best deal - and thanks so much in advance for your help!

@ryry1 said:
    kydx - i have slightly different criteria than niclaf77.

i'm looking for feb numbers for 2014 acadia denali FWD (MSRP of 49040: premium color + navi if it's of any consequence). just in case, depending on local inventory: are the residuals/MFs significantly different between FWD and AWD?

looking at 36 or 39 month and the lowest miles possible; either 10k or i saw they have some 'ultra-low mileage' option on the GMC site now which would be perfect

sorry for the variables - i'm flexible for the best deal - and thanks so much in advance for your help!

1.20% MF and 61% residual for 36mo, 10K/yr lease. Subtract 2% from residual for 39 month term. 10K/yr is the 'ultra-low mileage' option for GMC. (same rates as the AWD model)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Royals_1969Royals_1969 Member Posts: 135

Please Correct me if I'm wrong, but for a lease on a 2014 Acadia SLE-2 FWd, comparing a 24mo/10k lease versus a 36mo/10k lease, it is about $25 a month less expensive for a 24 month lease if I did the calculations correct?

MSRP is $37,150

1.20% MF and 61% residual. $770 lease cash for 36mo, 10K/yr lease.

1.25% MF and 72% residual. $770 lease cash for 24mo, 10k yr lease

Am I correct $25 monthly difference?

Royals

All of that would depend on the selling price. If you are paying MSRP, then the 36 month lease would be a lot less.. If you are getting 6% or more off MSRP, then the 24 month lease will probably be less per month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• lucy2014lucy2014 Member Posts: 7

Kyfdx do you have MF and residual for a 2014 acadia denali AWD 39 mo lease w/12k miles? Msrp $50395 and sale price $47282.

@lucy2014 said:
    Kyfdx do you have MF and residual for a 2014 acadia denali AWD 39 mo lease w/12k miles? Msrp $50395 and sale price $47282.

1.20% MF and 58% residual. $770 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks kyfdx. Here are final numbers I got from a dealer for no money down 36 mos lease/ 12k miles 1.37MF and 60% residual (US Bank) on 2014 Acadia Denali Trim with Navigation. I can't replicate how he is getting these numbers and he's informed me that doc fees, rebates and bank fee are also taxed??? See below:
    MSRP $50395 and agreed price $47307.07 (includes 770 lease cash disc).
    Monthly lease payment $525. 43 and out of pocket is $3250.51 which includes 1st month pymt, upfront tax $1767, bank fee $595, DMV $265, $75 doc fee, $12 tire tax and $10 inspection. Tax rate for me is 8.375.

The numbers I quoted are for Ally Bank. In some areas of the country, USBank has a better lease program, though I don't have their numbers. The last time that we shopped a GM model, the dealer used USBank numbers for the quote.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

forgot to mention this agreed price includes running boards. I still can't get the numbers to add up but am assuming this is a good deal?

I think I answered my question...finally got the numbers to work on the tax and payments. Was just nervous that I was getting hit with some hidden fees somewhere but that doesn't look to be the case. Thanks!

i need help as soon as possible - so if someone could please assist, i would appreciate it.

i have been offered the following deal for a 39 month/10,000 mile per year lease on a 2014 gmc acadia denali awd:
    sticker price is $50,535
    selling price is 46,304
    there is $770 in lease cash plus i qualify for another $500 lease conquest cash since i am in a current lease (not gmc).

now when i calculate the payment it comes to 452.91 pre-tax and if i roll taxes in, it comes to 484.61. is this correct?

i am being told by dealership that i am somewhat correct but that i have to add in the bank fee of $595, doc fee of $295 and luxury tax????? of .4% before i calculate the tax. now i understand there is a bank fee and doc fee but i thought the doc fee was around $75 and how much should the bank fee be? also, i have never heard of luxury tax on a gmc acadia - is this correct???

lastly - if all the fee issues were to be resolved, does that selling price appear fair?

thanks so much for any help you can offer!

just to clarify - the selling price is actually 47,574 and it comes down to 46,304 after the deduction of $770 and $500 in lease cash. thanks!

oh and i am in nj. if there is this .4% luxury tax - is it .4% of the sticker price or .4% of the selling price after rebates deducted and fees added? thanks!

sorry - last thing - i should compose all of my thoughts before i post. now when i go on some of the dealer websites and edmunds to build the vehicle - a $1000 rebate is showing up and being immediately deducted from the price. is this in addition to the $770 lease cash and $500 lease conquest cash? and if it is - is that selling price still a good one? if you add the $2270 in total rebates and cash back to the price - the negotiated selling price of the car is $48,574. the sticker is $50,535 but i can't figure out the invoice b/c edmunds isn't coming up with the same sticker no matter what options i add or subtract. i believe it is a base denali awd black and the rear sunroof.

Niclaf77 the dealer I am working with told me that I could not get the $1k customer cash rebate if I was leasing...just the $770 lease cash. Although he did not mention the $500 conquest lease cash and I will ask about it since I'm currently leasing a non-Gm vehicle (Acura). Your numbers are similar to mine (posted above) with the exception that I am looking at 36mo w/ 12k miles. I did price a 39 mo lease w/ 12k miles and I got a price of $508/mo incl tax...so i think it's a good deal but I'm not professional car person :)

Yeah... some rebates are for purchase, some are for leasing..

Acquisition fee is legitimate. Doc fees are just money makers, but $295 seems to be about the going rate in NJ.. I'm not familiar with the NJ luxury tax, but dealers don't play around with taxes.

Just build a unit that is very close in price to the one you are looking at... specific options don't really make much difference..most are marked up the same percentage. You should be able to estimate the invoice price within $100.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rysterryster Member Posts: 571
    edited February 2014

From the State of New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission website:

New car dealerships are responsible for collecting a 0.4% surcharge on the sale of new passenger vehicles, light trucks, SUVs, or vans for which either of the following conditions appy:
    1. The gross sales/lease price of the new vehicle is $45,000 or greater, before trade-in, manufacturers rebates, or additional Person(s) with a disability driver adaptive equipment
    2. The new vehicle has an average EPA mile/gallon (city and highway) rating of less than 19

So the dealer is correct in assessing the 0.4% tax on the price before any reductions.

http://www.nj.gov/mvc/Vehicle/luxurytaxsurcharge.htm

edited February 2014

Well... that sucks. Thanks for the information, though.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• blue3715blue3715 Member Posts: 13

@ween57 said:
    Leased a 2014 GMC Acadia SLT-1 AWD 39 Months 10k Miles in NJ on 12/31/13

Champagne Silver w/ Dark Cashmere Interior

MSRP $47,350
    Options Include: Navigation, Rear Seat DVD, Dual Sunroofs, Forward Collision and Lane Departure Warning

Agreed on value of vehicle: $44,593
    Gross Capitalized Cost: $47,989
    Cap Cost Reduction : $2,700
    Adjusted Cap Cost : $45,289
    Residual : $27,907
    Rent Charge : $1,142

Lease Payment : $475 a month

Out the door paid $1,200 covering first month payment, DMV, & Docs

Traded in a 2010 Ford Fusion SE with 29,606 miles (appraised at $10,200 and owed Ford Finance $11,489) Black Book caps the trade in value of this car around $10,700 and I was about $1,300 in negative equity.

Total Incentive Amount Received $1,975

So how did I do here?????

So you have to may $1300 for the negative equity + the $1200?

I actually just got the same car yesterday same color). SLT1 AWD but 12k miles.
    MSRP ~$44,100.

Don't have all the #'s but basically:

$450/mo
    $1800 paid OTD
    12k miles/39 mo.

I might had gotten a better deal, but I took it because I had a 2012 Chrysler Town&Country - Touring-L (orig 37k msrp). KBB trade in was about $19k, but dealers were offering $17.5k. I got this dealer to offer $19,300 so I took that on the trade in vs trying to further negotiate down the price.
    Maybe I coulda gotten it down to $440/mo or $500 less down, but I honestly didn't feel like spending an hour to save $10/mo... thats just 2 coffees.. lol

• blue3715blue3715 Member Posts: 13

@chaalu said:
    for MSRP of $48845. Thanks for your feedback.

I thought only the Denali came with 20" wheels.. other 19"

This discussion has been closed.