Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Pacifica

Comments

• rodutrodut Member Posts: 343
    Chrysler dealers can't replicate problems. Never ! Not even the "standard" bugs the cars came with from the factory, can't be replicated.

That's why Daimler wants to unload them. The question is who will buy the crap ...

Hyundai said f..k you. GM is talking. The DC chief workers representative in Germany (and board chairman) Erich Klemm wrote:
    "We want to ensure that the core of Daimler can be protected from a possible financial downwards spiral at Chrysler".

Also read Edmunds at:
    http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=119594
  • phillyguy5phillyguy5 Member Posts: 10
    Sounds simple, but if anyone can help I would appreciate it. I want to check the fuse for my non-functioning cigarette lighter. I checked the owner's manual but I can't find it listed. Thanks. :confuse: image
  • vrmvrm Member Posts: 310
    Hi,

I just started my research on the Pacifica:

1) Does the Pacifica FWD require Premium gas?

2) Are there any notable differences in the 2006 vs. 2007 Pacifica FWD models? I am NOT interested in the Touring model. Just 4 door FWD model.

Thanks!
  • mrrogersmrrogers Member Posts: 391
    I have a 2006 FWD base model Pacifica with 41,000 miles. The owners manual recommends 89 octane fuel, and that is what I use. I have seen posts on this site from owners who use 87 octane fuel.
    I have not driven a 2007, but one change that I see is that the 3.5 engine has been replaced with a lower horsepower 3.8 engine.
    Good luck!
  • Jason5Jason5 Member Posts: 440
    Glad your considering the Pacifica. I've enjoyed my 2007 immensely. No Pacifica has required or recommended Premium fuel ever, the base 2006 and 2007 have the 3.8 liter pushrod engine from the minivans. The 3.8 uses 87 octane and has no recommendation for higher octane. For 2007 the 4.0 liter SOHC engine recommends 89 octane.
    I'm a bit confused by your post but will respond as best I can. FWD is available across ALL trims (base, Touring and Limited) and is standard on each. I have a Touring FWD model--though in retrospect I would have chosen all wheel drive. There are some differences--curtain airbags and ESP are now standard, minor styling revisions, repackaging of options, etc. Whether or not they are significant is for you to decide. My reason for shopping the 07' and NOT the 06' was simple. I wanted the 4 liter SOHC and the 6 speed Autostick--I've not been disappointed. Frankly, if you're shopping FWD, I'd suggest the Touring as opposed to the base model. With incentives and haggling you can enjoy a few more items (including the 3rd row seat) for a minimum. Hope this helps..
    Bought an '06 Base last summer. Been 9 months, 10K miles, not one problem. Have 3 kids and feel totally safe in that car. I primarily use 87 octane and it runs fine. I gave up a Caddy that used 93, so for me the cost of fuel has been an improvement. :)
  • frankenberryfrankenberry Member Posts: 4
    Is it normal for the compressor on your air conditioning unit the cyle often? The older cars ran almost continiously if you had them turned on?
  • muse6638muse6638 Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone,
    I just purchased new 2007 pacifica touring...
    I love it!!! Great CAR!!!
    I was reading my manual for a way to repeat cd or dvd track,, but couldnt find it...

NE1 knows how to do that??
    Thanks in advance...
  • indept1indept1 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a 2007 pacifica with the 4.0L & 6 sp trans. The owners manual only gives directions for the 4 speed. From what I see, the 6 speed doesn't have a dipstick, is this correct or did they forget to put it on the filler cap? With under 100 miles on the odometer, I got 23.8 mpg on the highway doing 65 - 70 mph. It's loaded with options so to be safe I bought the added care warranty from Chryslerwarrantys.com. 70/10000 for $1530, ~ $300 cheaper than my local dealers best offer.
  • kkodalkkodal Member Posts: 34
    it seems like Mercedes took over for the transmission so they got rid off the dipstick for the tranny.i guess they think the owners are not smart enough to check the tranny fluid so they want you to go to the dealer for that.(i guess earning a couple bucks would not hurt the company to check fluid levels) :blush:
    I have a 2006 Pacifica FWD with 48,000 miles. Over the last several weeks the ABS light will come on maybe two or three times a week. When I park the car and re-start it, the light does not reappear. Do you think that a code will be stored in the computer for the Chrysler technician to read? I read in previous posts that sometimes one or two ABS sensors need to be replaced.
    more than likely your sensors are bad,not all of them but even one is enough to turn the abs light on.i am not too sure about the code being stored. :shades:
  • teribterib Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2004 chrysler pacifica, I bought it in 2005, been very happy with it until recently and now I have discovered that the front of the hood where the chrome piece that holds the chrysler emblem is on both sides of this my paint is bubbling, chrysler wont repair problem, and I know 2 other people one with an 04 and one with 05 and both of there vehicles are starting to do the exact same thing. I was wondering if anybody elses Pacifica is starting to rust
    I appreciate your prompt reply. I called my Chrysler dealer today, and they believe that a code is stored. I am bringing the car in Tuesday.
    My Chrysler dealer read the stored code which stated that the right rear ABS sensor was bad. $139 later I was back on the road with no ABS light lit.
    i'm glad you had that taken care of...for some reason the abs sensors on our pacs are not the best of its kind so it gives errors like abs or traction control light if your vehicle is equipped with traction control.so don't be alerted if you see those lights turn on.more that likely it is one of your abs sensors...take care!! :shades:
  • jlabrunojlabruno Member Posts: 4
    My wife has a 2005 Pacifica and had to have all 4 sensors replaced one by one. Covered under the factory warranty. Sounds like it should be a recall item!
    I just bought a 2007 Base Pacifica and I'm not sure if it has Automatic headlights or not. I put the light switch to on for the headlights, turned off the car and the lights stayed on for about two minutes then went off. The headlight switch is still turn to on. Does anyone know if this is standard on the base model? I'm thinking it may be a battery saver feature thats not listed in the manual.
    yup!!i feel that it will become a recall soon.
    i haven't had that problem yet (hope didn't jinx myself :blush: )but most people have that problem when they hit 48k miles.mine has little bit more to go to get to 48k.
    ok!!in order for your car to have auto headlight system
    1-) you must have auto dim rear view mirror
    2-) the signal stalk you have should have another turn after you turn the lights on which says AUTO
    if you don't have those you don't have the option.
    on base models i believe that option is not availabe.on the touring if you change the mirror and the stalk you are good to go but the touring has the harness you need in overhead console.
    check yours if you see the harness if you do then you can upgrade yours too.

the system you are talking about is headlight delay option which every pac has it
    if you have EVIC on dash then you could actually change the settings for the timing for it.it has 30 sec/1min/90 sec options i think.
    hope i was able to answer question without confusion..
    if you have anyomre questions just post it.
    mine is a 05 touring and it did not have the auto headlight option before but now it does... :shades:
  • bob1938bob1938 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 pacifica and am trying to find a wiring diagram that shows the connection of the trip computer to the Dash. The lights check out fine and the computer seams to be working but the display is blank. Anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram?
    Tks for the info! I didn't think it did. I'll llok for the harness you referred to. I do have the EVIC on the dash and have set my own settings. :) ">
    if you have the touring model more than likely your car has the wiring harness for the mirror.believe me having the auto headlights is awesome.now i upgraded to the projector hid lights it is even better.i just got the fog lights as well so i'll be installing them soon.once i have everything placed it'll look great and it'll be brighter than the hologens it came with.let me know if you need any help with parts and where to get it or what not.
  • mburgessmburgess Member Posts: 2
    I have an '04 "Touring" Pacifica. I have loved it until this year. My accelertor has been failing to respond at odd moments for a couple of months. Then last week my check engine light came on. When I took it to Autozone, they said it was my 02 sensor. The next day, when I was at a stop with my break on while pedestrians were crossing in front of my car, the car tried to go forward against my breaking efforts. Luckily, the breaks worked and the pedestrians got out of the way. You could smell the aftermath from the breaks. It scared me enough that I took it straight to dealer and rented a car. The dealer said it was my 02 sensor causing all of the problems, fixed it and charged me a few hundred dollars. When I went to pick it up, the light came on again and the car started making really strange noises before I even left the parking lot. I left it again. Then they told me it was the computer that had to be completely replaced. Luckily they said the computer was under warranty. A week later, I picked it up and as I was driving it home I noticed that the spedometer was not working and the car was not gaining mileage. Anyone have a similar experience? I think it is a really dangerous situation. Not to mention, they ought to be paying for my rental car, but are not. (At least for now.)
  • brandymbrandym Member Posts: 2
    ;) ">link titleHello we are new owners of a Pac 2004 43,000 miles, about a month old. We had a faintest idea of which car we needed. First time buyers have children so needed something roomy. Right when my husband seen it, he knew that one was it. We have had a few problems in our first month. They said it was due to it not being driven, they fixed the noise in the front, and other check-ups free of charge. I was and am really upset at the dealer, they promised us things, and have not complied with their promise. I know next time too get it straight from the dealer. but has anyone had trouble seeing out the back window in reverse. Or how about when you drive and the PAC shakes a lot. They said it was normal but it does not feel that way.
  • brandymbrandym Member Posts: 2
    HAS ANYONE HAVE ANY GOOD SUGGESTIONS ABOUT WHAT TO USE ON LEATHER SEATS. OURS LOOK LINEY LIKE THEY PROBABLY WILL CRACK . WE ARE NOT SURE HOW TO CLEAN THEM. ANY AND ALL ADVICE WILL WORK :lemon:
  • scoathyscoathy Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased an 04 Pacifica AWD and loaded to the hilt. I found a ton of TSBs and a couple recalls for this year model and was wondering how I go about finding what has already been completed on the car... I have a "clunking" noise when I turn the wheels already and need to figure that out too... any info/advise is appreciated. thanks!
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,940
    the dealer will have the info in their computer.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

There are lots of leather conditioners and cleaners out on the market. We've personally had good experience with Mother's.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

It is unfortunate that you have to go through this, but mistakes happen. It sounds like they did not hook up the new computer correctly. I suggest having them fix it and then finding a new service department from now on.

• scoathyscoathy Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info!
  • indept1indept1 Member Posts: 2
    You may want to check your owners manual, the O2 sensors should be covered under the emissions warranty which I think is 8/80000 or 8/100000
    I always cleaned my leather seats with old-fashioned Saddle Soap. Saddle Soap cleans and softens all leathers and is cheap. It's sold in drug stores alongside shoe polish cans like Kiwi.
  • marsha7marsha7 Member Posts: 3,703
    throw a V6 that gets about 25-40 more HP and torque, and make the Pacifica fly, but without the low mpg of the Hemi...
    rumors are that the pacifica is already a dead duck, so i don't think you'll see anymore changes.

• salamansalaman Member Posts: 3
    Everyone has trouble seeing out back and the rear :sick: design conceals back of car in side mirrors. You will get used to it.

Shaking is not normal. This car is notorious for bad inner tie rods, unfortunately they're cast to the steering rack so it will run about 700.00 private 1200.00 dealer. Put car on rack, use fist and pound lower edge of tire, you will see movement extending from the middle of the suspension.
  • mburgessmburgess Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. I checked and the 02 sensors are only covered for 24 months. Oh well. The dealer is reimbursing me for the extra three days of car rental after they failed to connect the new computer properly. However, they are trying to say that the "bad" 02 sensor caused the computer to fail. The dealer keeps giving me the "it's all electrical and connected so one can make the other go bad, etc." story. Does this really make sense to anyone? The computer was covered under warranty but I still think the computer was reading the 02 sensor incorrectly. And can a "really bad" (as the dealer put it) 02 sensor really make a car drive forward even when the brakes are on??? Anyone want to give me some odds?
    You really know how to make someone's day... ;) :confuse: :sick:
    sorry to be the bearer, marsha. ;b

• cstagecstage Member Posts: 2
    liftgate wont open, if you push the button on the key, The overhead Button or even try it by the exterior handle, lights will flash, sound will beep, and you can here the motor or solenoid making noise, but gate will not open, ? any answers
    Thanks
    Terry
    that their is a safety lock that has not been disengaged, like maybe some kind of child safety lock like on the rear doors???
  • kenmar1kenmar1 Member Posts: 1
    I recently purhased a 2004 Pacifica AWD and love it. The problem is that I live in Mexico and the roads are bad - mostly cobblestone or dirt with ruts. My car drags sometimes.
    Questions:
    (1) Is it possible to increase the undercar clearance? My wheels are already 17".
    (2) Is it possible to get better shocks than come standard with the car?
    This is my first post and hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance!
  • fwolfe2fwolfe2 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    Just bought a new 2007 Pacifica. The dealer could not explain the "esd" button on the console. What does it do? when can I push it and why would I want to??
    The only explanation I got was "if you want it to be more like a sport car" -duh- I would not have bought a wagon.
    are you sure it is ESD?could it be ESC?electronic stability control?than again why would they make that system optional in the car but you never know.it might be for traction control as well.try to take off faster to see if the traction control kicks in and if it does hit the button and try it again. :confuse:
  • faroutfarout Member Posts: 1,609
    Prehaps you need to look a little closer? There is a "ESP" button, maybe some of the P rubbed off to look like an D rather than a P?

farout
  • turbanskiturbanski Member Posts: 85
    I guess the rumors regarding the demise of the Pacifica can be taken with a grain of salt. I just saw 3 of them on a dealers lot.
    To suplement my previous message I just want to add that changes from 07 were mostly cosmetic.
  • 1ruoregon1ruoregon Member Posts: 6
    Just saw a '08 Limited in Livermore at a dealer. Sorry to see that Chrysler got rid of the dual exhaust for the 4.0. The dual exhaust for '07 made the car look classy.
  • rlaw1rlaw1 Member Posts: 2
    I have a similar issue. The liftgate from time to time will not open. Dealer made me wait until all of a sudden it popped open so we could replace device 'actuator'. But guess what its locked shut again. You have any luck?
    I agree. The three 08's I saw were all from the front. I just assumed that the exhaust set up would be the same as the 07's. My lease on the 05 AWD touring runs out in March and I was hoping to lease an 08 since it is such a great road car.