Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Impala Key Fob Questions

124»

Comments

• mars57mars57 Member Posts: 4
    I've now had my new RECEIVER Module since at least Aug 28, 2006 when I posted one of my first post... And still get 300 feet+ range.
    I still can't figure out why GM is not willing to admit they are having a problem with their remote start and get a "Customer Satisfaction Recall" on this.
    Can't they see that a happy customer tells another while a dissatisfied one tells at least 7... that's called business.
    Get your dealer to get involved and have the manufacturer do something for their regular customers at least...
  • quietproquietpro Member Posts: 702
    My FOB range is now starting to dwindle. It's not as bad as it was prior to the service but it has diminished substantially. I would say it's down to about 75 ft. I plan to have a few things checked out together when it's convenient for me. I'll report back if I find out anything.
  • sarge16sarge16 Member Posts: 1
    All remote functions, ie door lock/unlock, trunk, horn and remote start functions work. After about one minute,all remote functions stop working. Must use key to enter car. Once I put key in switch and turn on and off, all functions work. Again, after about one minute, all functions dead. dido-dido. The TPM comes on intermittent also. Before I go to the dealer, I would like some general ideas so I know what they're talking about when I take it in. .. Of course its 600 miles over warranty. Your help will be appreciated
  • quietproquietpro Member Posts: 702
    Have you checked the range of your FOBs when the system IS working? Do you have an asterisk on the back of your FOBs? What model year do you have?

It sounds as if the receiver is going bad since you're having problems with the FOB and the TPS system. Hopefully the TSB will cover you even though your warranty has expired. Let us know when you find out.
  • adst2nvadst2nv Member Posts: 1
    Hey.I purchased an 07 Impala LT last April (demo with 5000 miles). I had the problem with the key fob issue after two months having the car. Tire pressure monitor kept reading service and I had no range on my key fob. Then in October when I went back for standard service, my service manager told me that he had to replace both key fobs, my antenna and some module. I haven't had any problems since then. If your car is still under warranty, I would take it back in and get it looked at. Hope that this helps.
  • onebigswedeonebigswede Member Posts: 2
    I just bought my 2006 Chevy Impala LT this past weekend with 30,000 miles on it. Overall i love the car so far, except for the fact that the range on the remote keyless entry is horrendous! I've tested it in several different situations, and the longest range I can reach is about 50 feet - and that's if I'm lucky.

I think I may need to get the receiver replaced as so many have mentioned here. I better do it before the warranty runs out at 36k.

So when I go in, I should probably mention TSB #3764, correct?
  • p62480p62480 Member Posts: 8
    Has anyone attempted to replace the receiver on their own? I have a copy of the TSB and could buy the antenna and receiver for around $100. The TSB I have gives directions on how to do it and they don't look to hard. Just wondering if anyone has tried it themselves and was wondering how hard it might be. I'm out of warranty and don't want to pay $730 for the dealership to do it.
  • jomu00jomu00 Member Posts: 2
    could u by chance email me a copy of that tsb or tell me where i can find it thank u
  • mitzijmitzij Member Posts: 613
    I think you need a TechII to program the system after you're done replacing parts. If you have one of those, you're in like Flynn.

If you're not far out of warranty, you might appeal to your favorite dealer for a little Goodwill. They may be able to get GM to foot the bill, or part of the bill. Remember, you get more flies with honey than with vinegar. They don't owe you anything. You are asking for a favor.
  • jspring378jspring378 Member Posts: 1
    Is it possible to purchase the reciever and replace it yourself?
  • browneyegirlbrowneyegirl Member Posts: 1
    wheres the recevier for the key fob????my impala has 80k on it. i bought it used almost 2 years ago. i got a key fob on ebay, read online to see how to program it to my imapala, i've done eveything trying the key on and off holding lock button on door and then the lock and unlock... but i can't get nothing. so i figured it was the key fob. took it in had it tested and it works fine. so then the guy tells me that they would have to look at it and all that... i asked how much it would be, and he said "well if it's just a wire that needs pluged in, and with time and labor and that it would be 80.00 unless it's rolled over and die then it would be much more then that"... well i'm sorry i'm NOT going to pay 80 for someone to plug in a wire... that's crazy!!! isn't it? or was he for real ( i'm a women so part of me thinks he thought i would have sucker written across my forhead ) anyways... so i figured maybe if i could find it my self, the RECEIVER Module then i could plug in a wire... i have a 2005 chevy impala.

i also have some other issues:

1. pinging noise after i turn off my car

2.while i'm driving my ca feels like its choking, or like its gonna stall... then sometimes it's totally fine. and sometimes it does it at a stop light while the car is sitting there. normally when starts happening then i go and get a fuel treatment and fill up with prem. gas... and it does fine for a while like a couple to a few months and then i have to do it again ... and sometimes after the treatment it will do it but it's not as hard of a choke and it's very less noticeable and far and few between.

are either of these major concerns????....should i do anything more?... or what????? please help!!!!!!
  • littlejolittlejo Member Posts: 1
    Can someone tell me if the o9 chevy impala SS has metallic paint. Thanks
  • beerbelly918beerbelly918 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a GM Certified 2006 Impala and noticed the remote start and auto door unlocks only work from about 5 -10 feet away...noticed a lot of people talking about the receivers and antennas being replaced...I was wondering if this is covered under the 12 month GM certified warranty...I sure hope so...If this is a known issue why wouldn't they have fixed it at the dealer?Geeesh....