Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

@drrishisingh1 said:
    Hi, Being offered the following. Let me know what you think:
    12k lease 2014 X5 xDrive35i (AWD V6). I added only two things (1) rearview camera and (2) metallic paint in Dark Graphite
    MSRP: $56,975
    Selling Price: $55,475 -
    Invoice: $53,158
    Term: 36 mo.
    Mileage: 12K
    Money Factor: 0.00149

He gets the following for pricing:
    $745 per month, plus Sales Tax ($791 with tax).

I can't compute his numbers unless I insert a money factor of 0.0013

Any thought are greatly appreciated.

I get $740.mo, with .00149, $723/mo. with .00130.. 59% residual..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mg1973mg1973 Member Posts: 8

working on lease options for an x5 50i priced with options at 80,675.
    3 year 36k mile lease at 0.00121 MF if we give 7 months security deposit (lease payments in advance) with 59% residual.
    option 2 0.00135 MF and 59% residual with a full lease prepay. This will avoid payment of sales tax in TX also. are there any catches to lease prepay?

can you help on the decision here please
    Thanks

@mg1973 said:
    working on lease options for an x5 50i priced with options at 80,675.
    3 year 36k mile lease at 0.00121 MF if we give 7 months security deposit (lease payments in advance) with 59% residual.
    option 2 0.00135 MF and 59% residual with a full lease prepay. This will avoid payment of sales tax in TX also. are there any catches to lease prepay?

can you help on the decision here please
    Thanks

There aren't any "catches" to the prepay or MSDs. But, this dealer is marking up the money factor the maximum amount, before giving you the discounts for MSD and Prepay. That is adding about $50/mo. to your deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• senoromarsenoromar Member Posts: 21

Hey kyfdx,

Do you have numbers for 39 and 42mo x5 35i 15k/yr?

I'm looking for a longer lease to put the next lease right around the holidays. I feel paying the extra registration is worth it to lease around Xmas time.

Thanks!

@senoromar said:
    Hey kyfdx,

Do you have numbers for 39 and 42mo x5 35i 15k/yr?

I'm looking for a longer lease to put the next lease right around the holidays. I feel paying the extra registration is worth it to lease around Xmas time.

Thanks!

.00130 MF and 50% residual for 42 mo, 15K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Wow that's pretty low! I plugged that into my worksheet and it comes out to $20/mo more vs a 36mo lease at 57%. That's good to know, thanks for the help.

• vonnshannonvonnshannon Member Posts: 2

Hi kyfdx,
    Up thread the March numbers for X5 50 10k were .00130 MF and 60% residual.

I subtract 2% for 12k? .00130 MF and 58% residual?

Also, do you have mf and residual for 30 months for same model. I think I add 3% to residual but not sure about that and also the MF.

Thanks!

@vonnshannon said:
    Hi kyfdx,
    Up thread the March numbers for X5 50 10k were .00130 MF and 60% residual.

I subtract 2% for 12k? .00130 MF and 58% residual?

Also, do you have mf and residual for 30 months for same model. I think I add 3% to residual but not sure about that and also the MF.

Thanks!

Its 1% less to move from 10K/yr to 12K/yr, so 59%.

30 month residual is 3% higher... .so, payment would be substantially higher. I'd stick with 36 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

thanks so much for the reply to my questions on March 15th. so if i am correct do you think the lease amount on the prepay should be $50 less a month as well as that for the lease with the maximum MSDs? also being told 59% residual is being set by BMW?
    I Appreciate your help

@mg1973 said:
    thanks so much for the reply to my questions on March 15th. so if i am correct do you think the lease amount on the prepay should be $50 less a month as well as that for the lease with the maximum MSDs? also being told 59% residual is being set by BMW?
    I Appreciate your help

Yes. the residual is set by BMW, and the dealer cannot alter it. The problem with your quote, is the dealer marking up the money factor, on both the MSD and the Prepaid lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

ok great will start speaking to another dealer!!! Thanks again

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090

@mg1973 said:
    ok great will start speaking to another dealer!!! Thanks again

Please keep us posted as to how the shopping goes. Best of luck!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• huxley2huxley2 Member Posts: 2

I'm looking at an X5 xDrive 35i. Add-ons are premium package, rear-view camera and third row. I'm being quoted $859/month at a well known urban BMW dealer for a 36-month, 10K miles/year lease (around $6K due at signing). Higher than I expected. What would be a good deal for this package? Thanks a lot.

You'll have to do a little leg work, and get us an MSRP and selling price..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• huxley2huxley2 Member Posts: 2

Sorry. MSRP is $59,075. Invoice price I believe is $56,900. My goal would be to negotiate a selling price, if possible, around invoice plus $1,000. Thanks for your help.

@huxley2 said:
    Sorry. MSRP is $59,075. Invoice price I believe is $56,900. My goal would be to negotiate a selling price, if possible, around invoice plus $1,000. Thanks for your help.

With a MF of .00130 and a residual of 60%, and a CAP cost of $58625 (invoice + $1000 +$725 acq.fee), I get a pre-tax monthly payment of $766/mo. Due at signing would be 1st payment, title/registration, dealer fees and taxes (if paid upfront).

That's a long way from $859/mo. plus $6K upfront. But, you won't know where the difference is, without a breakdown of the dealer's numbers. They could be marking up the money factor, adding onerous fees, or asking MSRP for the selling price. Or, you could live in a high lease-tax state like Illinois or Texas. The devil is in the details.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jullrichjullrich Member Posts: 1

Im looking to do a 36 mth lease on a 2014 X5 Diesel. MSRP around $69k. Can anyone tell me the current residual, MF, and what an anticipated payment would be with $0 out of pocket? I live in TN. local dealer quoting .0015 MF, which seems high, and $2000 of MSRP. Thx

@jullrich said:
    Im looking to do a 36 mth lease on a 2014 X5 Diesel. MSRP around $69k. Can anyone tell me the current residual, MF, and what an anticipated payment would be with $0 out of pocket? I live in TN. local dealer quoting .0015 MF, which seems high, and $2000 of MSRP. Thx

.00130 MF and 57% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. lease.
    With those parameters and $2000 off MSRP of $69K, the payment would be around $928.mo. +tax.

Due at signing would be 1st payment, title/registration fees (acq.fee rolled into the lease payment.

The new X5 is very popular, with no incentives. It's not going to be cheap to lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I think I am close to a deal on my X5 50i. Dealer will not negotiate on selling price $80675, X5s have no incentives they tell me which sounds right based on other posts. 0.00135 MF (agreed higher than typical 0.00130) with full lease prepay which save me $5200 sales tax also. Only question is now the acquisition fee does $950 sound high for this. it does to me. thanks

@mg1973 said:
    I think I am close to a deal on my X5 50i. Dealer will not negotiate on selling price $80675, X5s have no incentives they tell me which sounds right based on other posts. 0.00135 MF (agreed higher than typical 0.00130) with full lease prepay which save me $5200 sales tax also. Only question is now the acquisition fee does $950 sound high for this. it does to me. thanks

Of course, the acquisition fee is marked up. They are asking full price for the vehicle, and charging over the base MF? Everything about this sounds high. I know X5s are a hot item, but have you tried shopping other dealers?

You are in Texas, right? That's interesting about how pre-paying the lease saves you on sales tax. Do you know exactly how that works, or why?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I know I keep giving this dealer a chance and this is what I keep getting. I am in texas. Apparently they are saying that BMW have tax credits which they can use to offset the sales tax. I dont have specifics but I will ask the next dealer and get back to you. Thanks again

@mg1973 said:
    I know I keep giving this dealer a chance and this is what I keep getting. I am in texas. Apparently they are saying that BMW have tax credits which they can use to offset the sales tax. I dont have specifics but I will ask the next dealer and get back to you. Thanks again

I've heard of Texas tax credits.. Here is what I think they are doing: To use the tax credits, they have to charge you the standard money factor, which is probably .00215, then give you a credit for the PrePay, which lowers the money factor back to .00135. The standard money factor might be less than that, though... they could be marking it up, before giving you credit for the PrePay reduction. I mean.. this is better than just paying .00130, and not saving the $5200 in tax.. but, wow, are they making a killing on this deal.

What is your pre-pay amount? $40K?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

yes the total amount including acquisition fee of 975 is 40,000. And they state that they can get this by the end of april when the other dealers I have spoken to say custom build orders will take at least 2 possible 3months. Starting to sound super fishy, ready to walk away. anynumbers I should go back to them with if I am getting the tax credit and they can guarantee that they can get the car by the end of april? Thanks

• habsonehabsone Member Posts: 47

@mg1973 said:
    yes the total amount including acquisition fee of 975 is 40,000. And they state that they can get this by the end of april when the other dealers I have spoken to say custom build orders will take at least 2 possible 3months. Starting to sound super fishy, ready to walk away. anynumbers I should go back to them with if I am getting the tax credit and they can guarantee that they can get the car by the end of april? Thanks

• feliksnyfeliksny Member Posts: 11

Hi Car Man,

Would you be so kind as to provide April lease rates and residuals for 2014 X5 5.0 10k?

Thank you!

@feliksny said:
    Hi Car Man,

Would you be so kind as to provide April lease rates and residuals for 2014 X5 5.0 10k?

Thank you!

What lease term were you looking for?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• feliksnyfeliksny Member Posts: 11
    edited April 2014

@feliksny said: Hi Car Man,

Thank you!

@Michaell@Edmunds said:
    What lease term were you looking for?

michaell@edmunds.com
    Moderator, Prices Paid and Leasing Experiences
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2010 MINI Cooper

36 months, I thought that was the only viable option for a decent monthly price.

@feliksny said:
    Hi Car Man,

Would you be so kind as to provide April lease rates and residuals for 2014 X5 5.0 10k? 36 months

Thank you!

.00130 MF and 60% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hey Car Man,

Do you have this month's rates and residuals for a 2014 X5 xDrive 35i, 12K/yr, 36mo?

Thank you in advance.

@senoromar said:
    Hey Car Man,

Do you have this month's rates and residuals for a 2014 X5 xDrive 35i, 12K/yr, 36mo?

Thank you in advance.

.00130 MF and 59% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• vonnshannonvonnshannon Member Posts: 2

Kyfdx,
    2014 X5 5.0
    Any change for 30/36 months/12K/yr or still 62%/59% and .00130 ?
    Thanks!

@vonnshannon said:
    Kyfdx,
    2014 X5 5.0
    Any change for 30/36 months/12K/yr or still 62%/59% and .00130 ?
    Thanks!

MF and residual are still the same for April.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• dynamic323dynamic323 Member Posts: 4

Can you kindly please (ASAP) let me know if this is a good deal?
    X5 sDrive35i
    Space Gray Metallic
    Luxury Line
    Premium Package
    20 inch 451 style wheels
    Lighting Package
    Rear view camera

837/month, 0 down (just first month and fees), 36 months, 10k miles.

@dynamic323 said:
    Can you kindly please (ASAP) let me know if this is a good deal?
    X5 sDrive35i
    Space Gray Metallic
    Luxury Line
    Premium Package
    20 inch 451 style wheels
    Lighting Package
    Rear view camera

837/month, 0 down (just first month and fees), 36 months, 10k miles.

We would need both the MSRP and the selling price....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

suggested selling price is 61,925.00
    msrp is 61k

@dynamic323 said:
    suggested selling price is 61,925.00
    msrp is 61k

Using the base money factor of .00130 and the residual of 60%, I get a pre-tax payment of $790. Does your $837/mo include tax? Can you put money down for multiple security deposits to reduce the payment?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• aliberry11aliberry11 Member Posts: 15

Can you tell me how much doing 7 MSDs will reduce the money factor?

I am looking at a X5 xDrive35i
    MSRP: $62,800 + $925 total adds (don't know what this is for)
    Selling Price: Got them down to $61,725
    MF without MSD's 0.00130
    Residual 60%
    36 months, 15K miles, $1,100 due at signing, $845/mth

• marc68marc68 Member Posts: 67
    I think residual for 15k is 57 and not 60.

@aliberry11 said:

MF without MSD's 0.00130
    Residual 60%

Each security deposit reduces the MF by .00007, so 7 would result in a total reduction of .00049, making the final MF .00081.

The good news is that your dealer isn't marking up the MF from the base rate of .00130; however, they are padding the acquisition fee by $200 to $925.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

yes, that is WITH tax.

@dynamic323 said:
    yes, that is WITH tax.

OK. Your quote of $837/mo with tax seems reasonable. You can still work to reduce the payment by making multiple security deposits to lower the money factor.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

what are multiple security deposits? you mean down payment?

@dynamic323 said:
    what are multiple security deposits? you mean down payment?

No. A security deposit in a lease is the amount of the monthly payment, rounded up to the nearest $25 or $50. It is often used to reduce the amount of the money factor. Some manufacturers allow multiple security deposits to substantially reduce the MF. This has the effect of reducing the monthly payment.

Unlike a down payment, you get the security deposit(s) back a the end of the lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• darksilkxdarksilkx Member Posts: 12

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    Really... you just have to shop more dealers. Most dealers mark up the money factor, but perserverance will eventually pay off. The new X5 is popular, but I wouldn't really bother trying to bargain with a dealer that is giving me $700 off MSRP, then making back $2000 extra on the financing. You might as well just hit yourself in the head with a hammer.

True words, Initially considered this for my wife's GL replacement but ended up going with an ML diesel. I like the new X5 but not enough to pay MSRP for it. I'm on my second BMW in the last 5 years and I'm yet to pay more than $750 over invoice for one. Not about to start now. Of course if you don't have the flexibility to wait out the initial rush that becomes a problem.

• aliberry11aliberry11 Member Posts: 15
    The dealer called back and said they screwed up on the residual. They told me 60% originally but then called me back today and said that is for 10k miles and that 15k miles is 57% residual. Is this correct?

@aliberry11 said:
    The dealer called back and said they screwed up on the residual. They told me 60% originally but then called me back today and said that is for 10k miles and that 15k miles is 57% residual. Is this correct?

Yes.. 57% for 36mo, 15K/yr... 60% for 36mo, 10K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• stunyccpastunyccpa Member Posts: 48

@aliberry11 said:

MF without MSD's 0.00130
    Residual 60%

I'm not overly familiar with pricing on this model. Is it difficult to negotiate sales price on an X5? Is it common to pay at or around MSRP with options?

• peterx6peterx6 Member Posts: 2

Hi car man...... Would you be so kind as to provide The May lease rates and residuals for 2014 X5 5.0 10k? 36 months ...... If available yet

Thanks PeterX6

• peterx6peterx6 Member Posts: 2

Also are there any promotion or pullback incentives for the x5 5.0 10yr/36 month ....... And how much should be expected for lease loyalty program

Thanks again

@peterx6 said:
    Hi car man...... Would you be so kind as to provide The May lease rates and residuals for 2014 X5 5.0 10k? 36 months ...... If available yet
    Also are there any promotion or pullback incentives for the x5 5.0 10yr/36 month ....... And how much should be expected for lease loyalty program
    Thanks PeterX6

.00130 and 60%. BMW has a 'pull ahead program' in effect - if your lease is up between July and December, BMW will cover up to 6 lease payments if you lease another BMW.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

This discussion has been closed.