Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Cadillac SRX reliability, maintenance and quality

124»

Comments

• Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello,

Sorry to hear that you've had these issues with your wife's Cadillac SRX. If you would like for us to document your concerns in our system, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • Options
    professoreprofessore Member Posts: 3
    Took in my 2010 SRX for an oil change at Symes Cadillac in Pasadena, CA. We were told that there was manufactured maintenance required. We already had the in cabin air filter replaced. We were told that the following were REQUIRED:

1. Clean fuel injectors and fuel system.... $297.13
    2. ABS fluid service. .. $149..

I receive emails from Cadillac telling me how the car is doing and also what service needs are coming up. I never read anything like the above.

I check the owners manual and did not find the above. Am I missing something? Are these really manufacture required services or did I get shanked once again by Symes?

I also noticed that my usual $75 oil change was over $125.
  • Options
    bdymentbdyment Member Posts: 573
    I am afraid they got you again. Just go by the owners manual. These extras are pure profit for the dealership.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited July 2013
    Have to agree with Bdyment. Although the brakes are supposed to be checked every 10,000 miles and brake fluid does absorb water. So a bit of an argument can be made that the brake fluid change wasn't a waste.

Please visit Dealer Ratings and Reviews and write a service review about your dealer.

And the Edmunds Car Maintenance Guide will tell you what Cadillac recommends be done (just like your owner's manual) and will estimate what the cost should be in your zip code.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    I don't know about Cadillac, but most makes recommend changing brake fluid every two or three years...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    cmb7891cmb7891 Member Posts: 1
    Appreciate the comments by jcarrme. I am looking for an alternative to my Mercedes Benz ML350. It has been a maintenance nightmare so I would not recommend you look to Mercedes as an alternative. This is my 2nd ownership of a Mercedes as I had the C-Class prior to the SUV. I would not recommend you take that route in looking for alternatives.
  • Options
    bfabfa Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have an issue with a creak or creaking sound coming from the rear? It occurs not so much going strait on over a bump, but more going over uneven terrain. Best way to make it happen or repeat Is going over a speed bump by hitting it an an angle, or turning into or off of a steep hill. Any solutions or sources? Thanks!
  • Options
    jimpeddycordjimpeddycord Member Posts: 16

Well, I resolved the issue of the 2011 SRX creaking sunroof and overall lack of quality myself.
    I got rid of it.
    I decided against my anti-GM stance and we went with a GMC Acadia to replace the SRX. So far we are very happy and the sunroofs do not make any noise.
    The SRX had 18 service days in 37 months. I went to the Cadillac dealer and had them print out every service visit for me. It is quite a tale of woe.
    One and only Cadillac. Too bad.

• Options
    kredmannkredmann Member Posts: 1

THEY KNOW THE PROBLEM>.TYPICAL GM RESPONSE I have had a 2009 SRX that has leaked water into bottom well since purchase. First car is usually garage kept and really didn't notice for a long time when I smelled it. Dealer first said drain line was clogged. Months later smelled again,,, well full with water...this time standing water...same dealer then said gasket issue...changed sunroof gasket...next time changed rear door gasket...now well full of water...carpets ruined and moldy..metal all rusted...electronics in floor don't work for fold down seat...dealer says out of warranty when it was last there...complained to cadillac and had an occasional call that accomplished nothing...after so many other problems such as broken ac registers...broken ac knobs for rear unit...problems never experienced in 35 years of buying automobiles which speaks to cheap and poor quality control...anyone who buys a cadillac is not doing their research..and any company interested in its customers and want them to return would address the problems THEY KNOW WHATS WRONG!!! By denying half of all people will go away or trade in...the other 40% will persist and them give up..the people that take legal action and pursue will be made whole....and by that time cadillac will have saved 90% of what it rightfully owes and the 10% it has to pay is just a good deal for them.........What they really miss is most of my friend,family and colleagues spend the 40-75K on an automobile...and I love them knowing what a piece of crap this vehicle is and why it smells and why ac vents are broken....I can assure you they are not in the market for a cadillac...and never will be...Finally..the latest testimony on Capitol hill says it all for those who watched it...once such a great proud company who made quality products....so sad!