Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Ford Fusion Lease Questions

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
edited May 2015 in Ford
To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Ford Fusion Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 Ford Fusion page.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• brit67brit67 Member Posts: 18

Can you give the MF and residual for 2014 Fusion Titanium front drive for 36 months 12K miles. Any lease cash deals available?
    Also same information for 2014 Fusion SE front drive.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,902

@brit67 said:
    Can you give the MF and residual for 2014 Fusion Titanium front drive for 36 months 12K miles. Any lease cash deals available?
    Also same information for 2014 Fusion SE front drive.

0.25% and $750 lease cash for both.

SE residual is 56%. Add 1% for titanium.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• dmaz481dmaz481 Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2014

If i was to take zero interest their is a disclaimer that says that i will have to pay $16.75 per thousand "Ford Credit financing. 0% APR financing for 60 months at $16.67 per month per $1,000 financed regardless of down payment"

What does that mean? How much is it? and how does it affect my monthly bill?

@dmaz481 said:
    If i was to take zero interest their is a disclaimer that says that i will have to pay $16.75 per thousand "Ford Credit financing. 0% APR financing for 60 months at $16.67 per month per $1,000 financed regardless of down payment"

What does that mean? How much is it? and how does it affect my monthly bill?

What it means is that when you borrow money at 0% interest for 5 years, for every $1000 you borrow you will pay back $16.67 each month.

It's an easy way to calculate your payment .. if you borrow $20,000, you multiply the number of thousands (20) by the $16.67 to get your monthly payment ($333.33).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

so am i paying 16.67 additional per month or would i take that 333.33 and divide it by the length of the loan, 60 months so that it would only be 5.55 per month in addition to the payment?

@dmaz481 said:
    so am i paying 16.67 additional per month or would i take that 333.33 and divide it by the length of the loan, 60 months so that it would only be 5.55 per month in addition to the payment?

No - it is not in addition, it is the payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

im confused sorry lol can u explain it to me better say my montlhy payment is 270.. at zero interest. How much more is it with zero financing. Is it 16.76 additional to the 270?

got a coupon in the mail today from ford for 750 Private cash and can be used with public offers! Wonder if the dealer will give me a hard time about this lol

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,559

@dmaz481 said:
    im confused sorry lol can u explain it to me better say my montlhy payment is 270.. at zero interest. How much more is it with zero financing. Is it 16.76 additional to the 270?

$20K divided by 60 months = 333.33 (which is the same as $16.67 X 20)

If the car is $18K for 60 months, then the payment is $300/mo. (16.67 X 18)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Im sorry i still dont understand. Is this going to be added to my payment. Is it a true zero percent i dont under stand how much i am paying compared to a regular finance charge.

No.. it's ZERO percent... .there is no finance charge...

Take the amount financed and divide it by the length of the loan for your payment. If the rest of it confuses you, disregard it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

well guess i am not getting that deal. I was hesitant and wanted to weigh my options before just jumping into a 3 year agreement or purchase. Then i decided to do it and told the dealer i would accept.. They said I could come in and they would have to look the deal over again. I told them I would not accept any deal different than what they told me 2 weeks ago. Now He said they sold the car, which they didn't, its still on their web site and I called and spoke to someone else and they said it was still available. He said he would have to get me into a different vehicle, and he is taking his time in getting back to me, and I feel like i am hounding him! I'm not going to do that, it should be the other way around.

• snu2snu2 Member Posts: 11

Hello, first time leasing a car and I have some questions to make sure I'm getting a good deal. I'd like to get a Ford Fusion SE with the driver assist option. However, when I look at the inventory of my local dealers online it doesn't appear they have any with this option.

How does one proceed in this case? In other words does the dealer have an obligation to work for me and get the car I want on the lot? If they do, can I still get a good deal by negotiating the price of the car?

@snu2 said:
    Hello, first time leasing a car and I have some questions to make sure I'm getting a good deal. I'd like to get a Ford Fusion SE with the driver assist option. However, when I look at the inventory of my local dealers online it doesn't appear they have any with this option.

How does one proceed in this case? In other words does the dealer have an obligation to work for me and get the car I want on the lot? If they do, can I still get a good deal by negotiating the price of the car?

I would check the inventory of other local Ford dealers to see if there is a car that more closely matches what you want.

The dealer doesn't have an 'obligation', but if they want to sell (or lease) you a car, they should be willing to work with you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

That's just the thing though - I can't seem to find a dealer that has cars with the driver assist option within a 100 mile radius.

Is this option just a regional thing? Maybe there's just no market for it in the southwest...

@snu2 said:
    That's just the thing though - I can't seem to find a dealer that has cars with the driver assist option within a 100 mile radius.

Is this option just a regional thing? Maybe there's just no market for it in the southwest...

You might try reaching out to Ford Corporate customer assistance and see if they can help you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks. Turns out my dealer will try to do an exchange with other dealers within an 800 mile radius and it looks like there are some offerings out there.

Another question I have is where can I find more information about what rebates I can get for the Ford Fusion SE? So far it looks like most dealers are offering $2000 in rebates and $500-1500 in "FMC Cash." I'm not sure what that second one is and why it has a range of values...

@snu2 said:
    Thanks. Turns out my dealer will try to do an exchange with other dealers within an 800 mile radius and it looks like there are some offerings out there.

Another question I have is where can I find more information about what rebates I can get for the Ford Fusion SE? So far it looks like most dealers are offering $2000 in rebates and $500-1500 in "FMC Cash." I'm not sure what that second one is and why it has a range of values...

FMC is Ford Motor Credit, and the range is probably for different models or trim levels of the same model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

So I spoke with my dealer and they told me they can do a dealership exchange, but that they won't offer any dealership discount above and beyond the rebates. Is this normal practice or am I being swindled here?

Also do you have the current residual value and money factor for Ford Fusion SE, 36 months, 15k miles?

@snu2 said:
    So I spoke with my dealer and they told me they can do a dealership exchange, but that they won't offer any dealership discount above and beyond the rebates. Is this normal practice or am I being swindled here?

I wouldn't call it swindled, as they've informed you before the fact. But, I sure wouldn't do that deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@snu2 said:
    Also do you have the current residual value and money factor for Ford Fusion SE, 36 months, 15k miles?

0.25% APR and 54% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks. Just curious if the money factor is determined based on region? The dealers I have spoken with have all quoted 54% residual but 0.5% APR. That's here in Texas.

• brianbbbrianbb Member Posts: 18

Hello, I'm looking for the money factor and residual on fusion titanium hybrid. Also, how much is the acquisition fee? Thanks- Brian

@snu2 said:
    Thanks. Just curious if the money factor is determined based on region? The dealers I have spoken with have all quoted 54% residual but 0.5% APR. That's here in Texas.

The numbers I have indicate that the numbers are national, but regional differences wouldn't surprise me. If every dealer quotes the same number, then it's likely to be accurate. Fortunately, the difference between 0.25% and 0.50% is very small, when it comes to actual monthly payments.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@brianbb said:
    Hello, I'm looking for the money factor and residual on fusion titanium hybrid. Also, how much is the acquisition fee? Thanks- Brian

3.75% APR and 58% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr.

I don't have acquisition fee info for Ford.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for all your help!

I have one more question. With many of the 2014 Ford Fusion SEs I'm looking at, the window sticker shows a base price of $23,855. However, Edmunds and KBB (and even Ford itself) show the base price is $23,935. Any idea why there's a difference here? The price of all the other options is the same as what Edmunds and KBB are reporting. I'm trying to figure out the invoice price for the base price of $23,855.

Probably just a mid-year price increase.. $80 difference? Just subtract $70 from Edmunds invoice number, and you'll be within a couple of dollars.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Ok that makes sense.

When I'm applying for credit, is it better to apply at the dealership or go through Ford Credit online? Is there even any difference at all (besides the obvious that going through Ford Credit will prevent multiple credit checks from multiple dealers)?

@snu2 said:
    Ok that makes sense.

When I'm applying for credit, is it better to apply at the dealership or go through Ford Credit online? Is there even any difference at all (besides the obvious that going through Ford Credit will prevent multiple credit checks from multiple dealers)?

The one advantage with applying on-line is that you'll know what you've qualified for before talking to a salesman.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• gride619gride619 Member Posts: 18

@snu2 said:

Like kydfx said it's not swindled, but it's hard to get the best deal through a dealer trade. Basically both dealers want to make as much profit as possible and only one dealer is going to get hold back so you usually don't stand a good chance at getting the best deal.

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    I don't have acquisition fee info for Ford.

FMC charges $645 acquisition fee. They push hard to roll this into the cap cost just to squeeze a few extra bucks out of you in interest over the life of the loan.

Ok something is not adding up and I wanted to check my calculations. The dealership is quoting me a net cap cost (after rebates, fees, and sales tax) of 26999 and the MSRP is 31160. So for a 36 month lease I get the following numbers:

Residual value: 54% ($16,826)
    Money factor: 0.5%
    Lease usage: $10,172.79
    Lease usage (per month): $282.58
    Interest payment (per month): $9.13
    Total monthly payment: $291.71

But the dealer is quoting me as high as $370 a month! I'm not sure what's going on here... It seems like they might be inflating the interest rate up to around 5%. Any other thoughts?

@snu2 said:
    Ok something is not adding up and I wanted to check my calculations. The dealership is quoting me a net cap cost (after rebates, fees, and sales tax) of 26999 and the MSRP is 31160. So for a 36 month lease I get the following numbers:

Residual value: 54% ($16,826)
    Money factor: 0.5%
    Lease usage: $10,172.79
    Lease usage (per month): $282.58
    Interest payment (per month): $9.13
    Total monthly payment: $291.71

But the dealer is quoting me as high as $370 a month! I'm not sure what's going on here... It seems like they might be inflating the interest rate up to around 5%. Any other thoughts?

Your numbers are spot on .. I'm getting a pre-tax payment of $291.78. If I remove another 0 from the MF I get a pre-tax payment of $374.61.

Make sure the dealer is calculating the MF by taking the .5% and dividing by 2400. Otherwise, they might be trying to pull a fast one.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Ok I spoke with the business manager and he said the $26,999 was the net cap cost before the Texas sales tax (6.25%), the residual value was 56%, and the APR was 3%. With these numbers I get $369.80 after taxes are rolled in, which is close to the number they are quoting me.

I guess this seems right assuming the 3% APR. The thing is I don't know if this is the APR I qualify for, or if the dealership is inflating this value. When I applied for FMC online it wouldn't give me any information except that I needed to call the dealership. Is there any way of checking the validity of the APR the dealership quoted me or do I have to take their word it's not an inflated value?

@snu2 said:
    Ok I spoke with the business manager and he said the $26,999 was the net cap cost before the Texas sales tax (6.25%), the residual value was 56%, and the APR was 3%. With these numbers I get $369.80 after taxes are rolled in, which is close to the number they are quoting me.

I guess this seems right assuming the 3% APR. The thing is I don't know if this is the APR I qualify for, or if the dealership is inflating this value. When I applied for FMC online it wouldn't give me any information except that I needed to call the dealership. Is there any way of checking the validity of the APR the dealership quoted me or do I have to take their word it's not an inflated value?

Well, you can check with a different dealer to see what MF they'll give you, then you'll know if dealer #1 is marking it up or not.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Unfortunately dealerships and salesmen are out to make money. A tried and true way to do that is the mess with MF on a lease deal because it's so confusing to most buyers (and they usually won't let you see rate sheets or their credit tier rankings). Credit in the auto market is very lax. Using a standard 300-850 credit rating if you score above 700 you're probably tier 0 or tier 1 and you should NOT take a deal on a lease with a 3% APR (especially since for some locals they're offer 0.75% or 1% APR on a 36 mo lease). Some auto lenders will even extend their best rates to what would be considered tier 2 (or lower what they consider tier 1). The salesman is likely playing with the numbers.

Only way to see if they're marking it up is to ask if you can see rate sheet and specials or their credit tier rankings. Very unlikely they'll show it to you, but it's worth a shot. Automobile Mag will let you select the make/model and trim you want and under pricing you can select rebates with your zip code to find out what’s available. There can be a lot of fine print or some not even available once you get to a dealership, but knowledge is power. To show a sales guy that FMC is offering 0.75% APR and asking why you're getting 3% will probably get him to "talk to a manager" and all the sudden your rate will drop. Saying you just left a competitive dealer and he's giving you XX% and you want him to meet it or beat it can help too :)

I ended up buying the car and not leasing. I got a good deal zero interest, 3k off the msrp with great trade in value and 2k in rebates. Figure I might as well buy and keep the car for while.

@dmaz481 said:
    I ended up buying the car and not leasing. I got a good deal zero interest, 3k off the msrp with great trade in value and 2k in rebates. Figure I might as well buy and keep the car for while.

Congratulation! Looks like you got yourself a great deal. Enjoy your new car!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• firefly1366firefly1366 Member Posts: 4

Hi there,
    Looking for current MF and residual on a '14 Fusion Hybrid Titanium. 36mo, 12Kmiles/yr. in New Jersey. Any incentives? And as June approaches, anything expire/change at the end of May?

@firefly1366 said:
    Hi there,
    Looking for current MF and residual on a '14 Fusion Hybrid Titanium. 36mo, 12Kmiles/yr. in New Jersey. Any incentives? And as June approaches, anything expire/change at the end of May?

MF is 3.75% and residual is 60%.

Ford's numbers are good through the end of June.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bigdozerbigdozer Member Posts: 32

Hi Ya'll,

Im looking to lease a 2014 Fusion Titanium with Nav & park assist as the only options.
    I was offered $343 a month for 24 months. 18K a year miles and only making 1st payment at delivery.

Should I take the deal???

@bigdozer said:
    Hi Ya'll,

Im looking to lease a 2014 Fusion Titanium with Nav & park assist as the only options.
    I was offered $343 a month for 24 months. 18K a year miles and only making 1st payment at delivery.

Should I take the deal???

Hard to say ... what is the MSRP and negotiated selling price?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

MSRP $32,820 / Selling $ 27899 / $2750 of incentives / .25% interest rate

@bigdozer said:
    MSRP $32,820 / Selling $ 27899 / $2750 of incentives / .25% interest rate

Thanks - I'm getting a pre-tax payment of $319.43 with these numbers (62% residual). 8% tax takes the payment to $344.99.

Looks like a pretty good deal from here.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you very much...

• firefly1366firefly1366 Member Posts: 4

Curious - why would the lease rates for the Hybrid be so much higher than the regular - and even the Plug-in Fusion? Demand?

@firefly1366 said:
    Curious - why would the lease rates for the Hybrid be so much higher than the regular - and even the Plug-in Fusion? Demand?

Supply is lower, demand is higher, plus there are various state and federal tax credits / incentives that help lower the payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ashleigh919ashleigh919 Member Posts: 79

Just to let people know, I found out why Ford's leasing is not what it "should be" when you use the money factor, residual, etc., which was why my payment came out to be higher than it should be. Ford takes your acquisition cost multiplied by an acquisition factor to get a gross monthly payment. Then the residual value is multiplied by a lease-end value factor to get a lease-end value credit, which is subtracted from the gross amount to arrive at your lease amount, plus $1, and that is your lease payment. That made my payment $20 higher than it should have been. Not cool.

• travelgeek121travelgeek121 Member Posts: 23

Okay so after test driving everything in the mid size segment I decided to go with a Ford Fusion. I received a lot of help on my decision by reading this board and I appreciate all of the contributors. Now the deal

Okay So Sticker price was $34,390 for 2014 Titanium with Park Assist and Driver Assist package.

Gross Capitalized cost was 31,640 add acquisition, title fees, etc 32,556.55
    Down payment $344.93
    Rebates $1750
    Adj Cap cost $30,806.55

Residual value $19602.30

Depreciation =$11,204.25

Rent Charge $187.95

36 Month pmt @$316.45 + 9% tax 344.93

Plus they gave me a check back for $328 (last payment on the subaru)

How did I do?

This discussion has been closed.