Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Inconsiderate Drivers (share your stories, etc.)

Comments

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,097

Tossing a butt like that should be a sharp fine.

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891

Seems like I see that happen every day. I always have the same fantasy of stopping, getting the discarded butt, then catching up to the creep and tossing it back in their window. Of course, then I get accused of road rage or, worse yet, do it to the person that is already on edge.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

edited May 2014

Today I saw two cars use the center turn lane like it was a normal lane - not because of a traffic jam etc, but just turning from one street to another, and driving on like nothing was wrong. Well, one was a blacked out 1er coupe with apparently broken turn signals and the inability to stay under 4K rpm, so maybe I shouldn't expect much.

Non signalers today were a fun list, something like BMW, BMW, Audi, BMW, G-Wagen, BMW. Stereotypes and reality, linked. But I saw an X6 that actually used a signal.

Latest yapper winner - middle aged woman in a late model E-class. I know for a fact these have standard bluetooth, so the "driver" is either lazy or inept. Time for progressive fines.

• euphoniumeuphonium Member Posts: 3,425

In our republic, there is NO "Time for progressive fines". It is not constitutional. Progressive ideals were that of the Tory party of GB which lost the Rev. War.

edited May 2014

I don't know about that. Such ideas exist in places with much greater levels of human development than say Clark County. There's plenty of time for it in the real world. If those who benefit most claim to have ascended via intelligent and responsible behavior, their actions need to show it. Behind the wheel, they so often do not. It's time for some to put up or shut up - it's all about deterrence, right? Must be more of that "discretion" again...

I don't know how much the current burgeoning oligocracy is constitutional, either... We already have plenty of regressive policy.

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,762

Interesting that the conversation centered mostly on texting while driving over the weekend!

I came across a young lady driving erratically in an old Corolla at about ten under in the left lane of a local expressway at around 11pm Monday. I waited until her erratic driving took her away from my lane, punched up next to her to glance over to see what was causing the distraction, and see that she has a small tablet-looking device held up to the steering wheel... tapping away at it! I laid on the horn, to which she immediately looked up/over, wagged a birdie at me, and went right back to texting.

Not long after, a large white Dodge pickup pulls up behind her (e.g., tailgating) and lights up his set of four "moose lights." As they faded back and out of sight, she was still driving slowly in the left lane with that truck right behind. :D

It is those times alone that I think perhaps I should have a cell phone so I can call in said meandering road pylon.

2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250

Cellphone or a dash cam. Start a wall of shame. I am thinking about carrying a tiny camera when I am on foot, and making a wall of shame of idiots. Dodge truck probably should have performed a pit maneuver, nothing of value would be lost :)

• fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459

@fintail said:
    Cellphone or a dash cam. Start a wall of shame. I am thinking about carrying a tiny camera when I am on foot, and making a wall of shame of idiots. Dodge truck probably should have performed a pit maneuver, nothing of value would be lost :)

I recently started using the Witness Driving app on my Android phone. 99 cents IIRC. I think it's also available for iOS devices. Records in 4 minute chunks so files aren't too big, uses GPS for speed detection and mapping, and uses the accelerometer for accident detection & will auto-call emergency services if it detects a crash & you don't tell it not to call within 20 seconds.

Seems pretty well thought out so far.

2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited May 2014

So you use 4 minute segments so that the device can loop over them when it's full? I was looking into buying this device a while back but didn't because I read that it doesn't work very well on Android devices--something about a Force Stop when you start recording.

I remember reading of that app, haven't used it yet. Suctioning a phone to my windshield would irritate me - I might have to bite the bullet and hardwire one in. Some youtubers have a good business going with their cam observations - maybe I could join in.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

How does that work - do they get a cut of the ad revenue?

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132

@fintail said:
    I remember reading of that app, haven't used it yet. Suctioning a phone to my windshield would irritate me - I might have to bite the bullet and hardwire one in. Some youtubers have a good business going with their cam observations - maybe I could join in.

I think seeing the many inconsiderate drivers you describe on a video would be great!

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459

@Mr_Shiftright said:
    So you use 4 minute segments so that the device can loop over them when it's full? I was looking into buying this device a while back but didn't because I read that it doesn't work very well on Android devices--something about a Force Stop when you start recording.

4-minute segments but you can set the number of segments it keeps. The default is 8 so you have 8 x 4 minutes = 32 minutes of recordings. When the next segment is due to start it'll overwrite the oldest unless you flag it to not be deleted.

I was a little concerned about the compatibility but it seems to work OK on my Galaxy S4. It has stopped a couple of times but when that happens I just restart it.

As for mounting, I have a phone holder that Hyundai sent my wife when she provided some feedback about her Elantra. It just sits on the dashboard (it has one of those non-skid coatings) and there are slots to hold the phone upright.

You will want to plug in the phone when using the app. As with any app of this nature it's a bit of a power hog since it's running the camera in video mode, the screen is on, GPS is optionally going, etc.

I'd give it probably 3.5 of 5 stars. Need the ability to dictate where the recordings go (i.e. to microSD) and better stability would improve the rating. Site is at http://snoringdog.co.uk/.

2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)

A lot of what I see is when I am on foot. Time to mount a gopro to my head, maybe :smile:

@imidazol97 said:

If you get enough views of original material, you can become a youtube "partner" with ads. I think it's 25-75 cents per 1000 views, plus extra for ad clicks.

@stever said:
    How does that work - do they get a cut of the ad revenue?

@fintail said:
    A lot of what I see is when I am on foot. Time to mount a gopro to my head, maybe :smile:

I have thought about putting a camera in my car facing rearward. That would document the tailgaters even when in the rightmost lane of a 3-5 lane interstate around here. That would be interesting to call YRC (Yellow Roadway) about their trucker who tailgated me at less than a Fit length when I was minding my own business in the right hand lane at 62 mph in a 65.

Many dash cams have such a setup. It'd be interesting to document the closeness of tailgaters. With backup cams becoming mandatory in new cars, and many upper range cars having front cameras, maybe something could piggyback on that. I'd like a cam system integrated into the ICE, where one could simply store the data while driving, and then save it on an SD card.

@imidazol97 said:
    I have thought about putting a camera in my car facing rearward. That would document the tailgaters even when in the rightmost lane of a 3-5 lane interstate around here. That would be interesting to call YRC (Yellow Roadway) about their trucker who tailgated me at less than a Fit length when I was minding my own business in the right hand lane at 62 mph in a 65.

Drove around for a few hours today. Didn't see anything too bad - a few LLCs, but volumes were low, so passing was no problem. Did see a funny/dumb thing 3 times: signal to change lanes, then keep signal on and drive for some time before noticing it. Maybe people are hard of hearing, or have music on really loud. Another observation, traffic controls in cities and counties to the south of me are worse than here - many lights don't seem to have sensors at all, just timers, not always sequenced.

edited June 2014

Drove across Stevens Pass early this morning, and back across Blewett/Snoqualmie late this afternoon. Very little traffic in the morning, no LLCs then. Road conditions on Stevens were getting kind of rough - needs some work, paved, but who knows for how long. On the way back, I saw the most stereotypical LLC - 90s LeSabre, going maybe 60 at most in a 70, light traffic with ample opportunity to move over. The state has put up a huge amount of "keep right except to pass" and "slower traffic keep right" signs. Not inconsiderate but maybe worrisome, saw a late model 5 series going about 40 with hazards on - something must have gone wrong. Tons of truck traffic, most of it well-behaved. Huge amount of non-signalers, which is somehow depressing. Got home and dodged a young woman veering into my lane with no signal, then getting into the right lane, and leaving her rear in my lane, as she planned poorly. I gently tooted the horn, she honked back. I notice that demographic, also the same as the texting demographic, doesn't take kindly to criticism.

• cherri4cherri4 Member Posts: 7

It's so annoying when something like that happens.

• eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209

on the bright side, fin, it's cool that the state added some 'keep right' signs. not so cool that the cops so rarely enforce the keep-right law.

also, it is definitely true that any sort of scolding or reaction to a texting driver is quite likely to provoke worse driving and raging, if not merely a middle finger.

i suppose an option is to maneuver to see their plate number and report them as "drunk and/or texting" to state police if it's a state road.

Yeah, I don't know how much it is enforced, but I guess it's the thought that counts.

A creative drunk call might be the only thing - calling the police for distracted driving would probably be about as effective as calling my mother and complaining about them. Just more reason for dash cams - not to turn over to supposed "authorities", but to put online for public shaming.

My commute home today featured a member of the demographic who benefits from "discretion" in a GL who pulled out right in front of a Z4. No shortage of phone holders either.

@elias said:
    on the bright side, fin, it's cool that the state added some 'keep right' signs. not so cool that the cops so rarely enforce the keep-right law.

also, it is definitely true that any sort of scolding or reaction to a texting driver is quite likely to provoke worse driving and raging, if not merely a middle finger.

i suppose an option is to maneuver to see their plate number and report them as "drunk and/or texting" to state police if it's a state road.

edited June 2014

This driver wasn't close enough to affect us as we were walking back home from a stroll along the lake, but he almost ran the stop sign leading to a relatively (for us) busy street. Well, there was no traffic anywhere, but I couldn't figure out what he was doing. It was like he was doing a California stop but then he jammed on the brakes with his nose in the intersection. Next he turned right on the main drag and barely got above 10 mph.

Did I mention that there was a driver's ed sign on the roof? School finally got out here last Tuesday after making up for the snow days and I think a lot of kids wait until summer to get their license. Driver's ed cars are all over.

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891

Today, I had a guy in a beatup pickup incite my road rage. This clown somehow believes his vehicle is only about 10-feet long and can squeeze into any gap in traffic. The fact that I was laying on my horn as he pushed me onto the shoulder made no difference to him. Maybe he didn't see me? Nope, he did it again to the guy in front of me when he wanted to get around him.

A bit further down the highway, I wound up pulling side by side with him and boxed him in for a while. He was not pleased, but after a few mins, I guess he got the hint and backed off, staying a good distance behind me for the next 5 miles until I exited.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

This morning I got behind a red Prius C. I was in the fintail, so a similarly slow car, but it has an excuse. The Prius was going 20-25 in a 30, and annoying to me, wasn't turning smoothly - would kind of jerk through a turn instead of smoothly moving the wheel. Obviously not concentrating on driving. Then going downhill it slowed more, almost stopped for some railroad tracks (unused rail line, no arms or signal), crawled forward again, then abruptly braked and turned left towards an empty office complex. I had to honk. Local plates. Love it.

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312

Motorcyclists call the Prius' behavior "bottlecapping"- taking a curve with a number of abrupt motions instead of one smooth continuous arc....

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

Oh yeah I've read that term before. I bet in a car, texting helps create it.

Saw a woman in a LR4 applying lipstick while "driving", too.

• jjackson12jjackson12 Member Posts: 46

For the last couple of weeks, our quiet little street has seen the same Civic racing through every morning like clock work. On Friday morning there was a police car waiting for him just around the bend that got him for 16 over. My neighbor tells me that was the kid's first ticket, less than a month after getting his license. The neighbor (retired fire fighter) apparently has some contacts in the Sheriff's office.

• jjackson12jjackson12 Member Posts: 46

I live close to work and rarely drive in rush hour traffic. I attended a two day conference last week that had me driving 25 miles each way through the worst of rush hour. For me it was two days of hell, I couldn't imagine having to do that every day. Inconsiderate acts? Too many to mention!

For those of you who drive during rush hour, how do you do it?
    If that was my daily commute, I'm afraid I might become like them.

Out this morning, saw an obnoxious W221 S63 with a gaudy black out trim kit get into a turn lane with no signal, stop, then veer to the right across a couple lanes with no signal, then turn an entirely different direction. That was right before I saw an older gent in a Panamera zoom around a corner with no signal. Saw a few phone holders, nothing unusual. Saw a new style Range Rover actually use its signal - there's hope!

Speaking of rush hour - I go to work early, so I avoid almost all traffic, but I come home right when the disaster is starting. I will pay more to endure less time in the grind. The time, fuel, and wear and tear aren't free.

• backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    edited June 2014

I've worked out of my home office for the past 16 years, so I usually miss commute times. When I have to drive during peak hours, I cope by finding an alternate route when practical (there's some tree-lined one-ways with sequenced lights that make for a nice drive), opening the windows and enjoying the weather if it's nice (which it finally is here at last), or just allowing lots of time and turning on my favorite radio station.

Too many people are in too big a hurry these days. Maybe it's because we're so used to instant gratification... we can't stand it if we can't get where we're going RIGHT NOW. We'll all get to our destinations if we drive courteously and defensively. Relax, and enjoy the drive.

Sequenced lights? What the hell are those? I can't imagine.

Too many people also don't treat driving as seriously as they should. Very little responsibility out there, and it's not just on the part of the impatient.

Today's best crosswalk crowder was in a red lowline F30 3 series - because, of course.

Lots and lots of yappers today, a certain demographic in small SUVs seemed to be the most common, but maybe just the most visible.

Traffic around Seattle has been awful lately, I don't know what's going on.

Many HS graduations this weekend, but the big one is the commencement at UW. A lot of graduation parties with all the relatives from all over coming for the festivities. Please give the grandparents a break as they try to navigate areas like the Mercer Mess, 405, & Montlake in their 20 year old Buicks.

edited June 2014

I wish it was just visitors. I am generally tolerant when I see an obvious rental car or out of area car. But lately, it's just been grinding volumes, iffy traffic controls, and the awesome skill of local drivers. Maybe the end of the school year is part of it. I've been in Bellevue for a decade, and the past week or two is as bad as I've seen it.

Today's winners were an IS 250 (AWD, for less speed) that varied between 10 over and under,and would randomly stab the brakes. Windows were tinted to a level I have no doubt was illegal, and I suspect a phone was at play. Then got behind a guy in an 06-07 Accord who was slow, and when turning from a one lane turn lane to a two lane street, straddled the lanes for at least a block.

• backybacky Member Posts: 18,949

I saw a first today: a relatively new vehicle (current Equinox) that did not come equipped with either headlights, taillights, or turn signals! :p I saw it this morning while driving on an urban freeway, in the rain. It was immediately ahead of me. It was a color that was very close to the color of pavement/clouds--so especially smart not to have lights on on a dark morning in the rain. Then they exited the freeway ahead of me... no turn signal of course. At the top of the exit ramp, they turned right... still no signal. Hard to believe a modern SUV could leave the factory w/o lights or turn signals!

I saw LOTS of other vehicles the past couple of days driving in the rain, sometimes very heavy rain, w/o lights. I noticed that most of the vehicles driving w/o lights are colors that are hard to see, e.g. silver or grey. Not many bright red, orange, green, or yellow cars w/o lights.

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342

Hey Fintail,

What is your opinion of those flashing yellow left turn arrows that all over Bellevue?

We have a couple now in Issaquah and I really don't like them. Maybe it's just my stubbornness and maybe I'll get used to them.

I DESPISE roundabouts and they seem to be the trendy thing now.

edited June 2014

I like them. They only operate at off-peak hours, when illogical traffic controls need a little help. These help. No reason I should sit and wait to turn with zero oncoming traffic, when a simple arrow will let me proceed. Saves time and fuel, both of which are being wasted more than ever around here.

I like traffic circles too - beats a clunky 4 way stop or a negligently maintained light. Traffic flow needs to be aided by any means.

But the key to both of these controls is driver education. I suspect a lot of the newbies didn't grasp the turn arrow when they were first introduced here a couple years ago - as at many intersections the city had to put up extra signage and even yellow flags to alert these "drivers" to something new (and most of the time when someone stops for a blinking yellow with nothing oncoming, it's easy to guess the vehicle operator). And I suspect roundabouts are barely taught in driver's ed.

@isellhondas said:
    Hey Fintail,

What is your opinion of those flashing yellow left turn arrows that all over Bellevue?

We have a couple now in Issaquah and I really don't like them. Maybe it's just my stubbornness and maybe I'll get used to them.

I DESPISE roundabouts and they seem to be the trendy thing now.

No lights, no signals, come to Seattle!

I participated in a European car themed drive yesterday. Put together several hundred young-ish guys in mostly modified BMW/Audi/VW products, and you'll see some dumb - lots of bad passing especially. WSP were waiting to greet the real idiots coming hot off the pass. Luckily, I was in a car that wasn't really capable of speeding in a reckless way. Sometimes it's nice to sit back in the right lane and cruise, I was in a convoy with some other old MBs.

How do roundabouts speed up the travel of emergency vehicles?

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,155

@euphonium said:

As a percentage of traffic, how much are emergency vehicles with lights and siren? Less than 1%?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

@Michaell said: @euphonium said: How do roundabouts speed up the travel of emergency vehicles?

As a percentage of traffic, how much are emergency vehicles with lights and siren? Less than 1%?

Out city uses a sound sensor that hears the siren and triggers the lights green for the direction from which the siren is coming; all others are red.

I haven't seen any quantifiable material claiming roundabouts impact emergency vehicles. Roundabouts will generally only be at key intersections, where there would be signs or lights anyway - emergency vehicles will usually slow for these even with lights and sirens blazing. I wouldn't be surprised if the impact is almost identical.

@euphonium said:

@fintail said:
    I like them. They only operate at off-peak hours, when illogical traffic controls need a little help. These help. No reason I should sit and wait to turn with zero oncoming traffic, when a simple arrow will let me proceed. Saves time and fuel, both of which are being wasted more than ever around here.

I like traffic circles too - beats a clunky 4 way stop or a negligently maintained light. Traffic flow needs to be aided by any means.

But the key to both of these controls is driver education. I suspect a lot of the newbies didn't grasp the turn arrow when they were first introduced here a couple years ago - as at many intersections the city had to put up extra signage and even yellow flags to alert these "drivers" to something new (and most of the time when someone stops for a blinking yellow with nothing oncoming, it's easy to guess the vehicle operator). And I suspect roundabouts are barely taught in driver's ed.

Our mayor is a friend of mine and he is a roundabout supporter. I let him know that

most of the people I talk to really don't like them. They just added on to the one by our home and made it a double roundabout.

If everyone used roundabouts as they are intended, they work quite well but this isn't the case
    many times. Some people are too aggressive and enter without looking or stopping and others are
    too timid. I'm getting more used to them but I just feel nervous when I approach one.

In Long Beach CA there is the infamous Traffic Circle. About six major streets meet there and
    it is two or three lanes across. It's been there for MANY years and it is the scene of constant
    traffic accidents. If you "google" Long Beach Traffic Circle, you can read all about it.

Didn't have the camera handy this morning but passed an adobe house at a T intersection in Taos with a spray painted sign on a sheet of plywood on one of the "elephant foot" supports that said "drunk driver # 2".

Sounds like the "drivers" are the problem, not the traffic solution. Our comfortably salaried and pensioned "authorities" need to encourage and enforce attentive skilled driving, which should lessen the issues you mention. No doubt, neither of us are holding our breath. I am hyper-alert most of the time I am driving, and haven't had any real close calls in roundabouts. I've seen them, but I am on guard even on straight roads.

I went to school in Bellingham, and lived/worked there for a few years after. There was a terrible stupid 4 way stop near the community college, which was also on my work route - and I had only one logical way to go. At some times, the traffic backup there would be insane - half a mile or more. The city wised up and put in a roundabout. It was an expensive and land consuming affair - but guess what? It worked. When it was new, the luddites whined, some people were scared and there were minor incidents, but traffic flowed, and those backups virtually vanished. Now there are several others in that area, and as far as I know, they all work. I also drove through a roundabout in Monroe on my way to and from the car event this weekend - no problems at all.

I remember a huge roundabout in Hollywood, FL - maybe a dozen streets leading into it, some with lights (defeats the purpose, but it's FL, not a 100% first world area), I think some without. It looks like a gigantic mess, but I drove through it a couple times, and even the wacky Florida drivers had no problems. You get used to it. It worked in more developed areas, it can here, too. Drivers just need to have some skin in the game and take responsibility. 4 way stops and negligently managed lights are not solutions.

@isellhondas said:

@fintail said:
    Sounds like the "drivers" are the problem, not the traffic solution. Our comfortably salaried and pensioned "authorities" need to encourage and enforce attentive skilled driving, which should lessen the issues you mention. No doubt, neither of us are holding our breath. I am hyper-alert most of the time I am driving, and haven't had any real close calls in roundabouts. I've seen them, but I am on guard even on straight roads.

I went to school in Bellingham, and lived/worked there for a few years after. There was a terrible stupid 4 way stop near the community college, which was also on my work route - and I had only one logical way to go. At some times, the traffic backup there would be insane - half a mile or more. The city wised up and put in a roundabout. It was an expensive and land consuming affair - but guess what? It worked. When it was new, the luddites whined, some people were scared and there were minor incidents, but traffic flowed, and those backups virtually vanished. Now there are several others in that area, and as far as I know, they all work. I also drove through a roundabout in Monroe on my way to and from the car event this weekend - no problems at all.

I remember a huge roundabout in Hollywood, FL - maybe a dozen streets leading into it, some with lights (defeats the purpose, but it's FL, not a 100% first world area), I think some without. It looks like a gigantic mess, but I drove through it a couple times, and even the wacky Florida drivers had no problems. You get used to it. It worked in more developed areas, it can here, too. Drivers just need to have some skin in the game and take responsibility. 4 way stops and negligently managed lights are not solutions.

fin, well stated. traffic circles started popping up about 10 years ago in the mountain towns of Colorado - with the heavy winter traffic, it made more sense to build circles rather than monitor traffic flow with signs and signals.

Now roundabouts are starting to show up in towns along the front range. My community of 50K population has about 6 or so - two in my housing development alone. Once you understand the basic rules - "cars in the traffic circle have the right of way" - there are few issues.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

They aren't perfect for sure, but they offer many advantages, and in the long run, are probably even cheaper than maintaining signals (for those who actually do). Maybe the biggest issue is that they consume space, so in areas with growing density (as where I live), there might not be too many of them.

I think some people are just afraid of situations like this

@Michaell said:
    Now roundabouts are starting to show up in towns along the front range. My community of 50K population has about 6 or so - two in my housing development alone. Once you understand the basic rules - "cars in the traffic circle have the right of way" - there are few issues.

@fintail said:
    They aren't perfect for sure, but they offer many advantages, and in the long run, are probably even cheaper than maintaining signals (for those who actually do). Maybe the biggest issue is that they consume space, so in areas with growing density (as where I live), there might not be too many of them.

I'm fortunate enough to live in an area where space isn't an issue. The two roundabouts in my housing development were traditional T-intersections and were converted - yes, they have a larger footprint, but the benefits more than outweigh the space cost.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I worry about when we get a heavy snow. It'll be impossible to see where it starts and ends.

Also, fintail, the "new drivers" that you sometimes mention can really struggle with roundabouts.

I still don't like them and have to wonder how we ever lived without them.