Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Lease Questions

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
edited June 2014 in Volkswagen
Welcome to the Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen leasing questions.

Here you can find and discuss all the latest lease details for the 2014 Jetta SportWagen, including cap costs, money factors, residual values, acquisition fees, etc. Please post any leasing questions you have or any details you’d like to share about your own lease deals.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on our 2014 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen page.

To see all forums discussions about the Volkswagen Jetta, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• cosanostracosanostra Member Posts: 91

Mods - Could I get the MF and residual for a TDI Sportwagen DSG? (Nebraska/Iowa if that matters) Thanks in advance!

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,284

@cosanostra said:
    Mods - Could I get the MF and residual for a TDI Sportwagen DSG? (Nebraska/Iowa if that

matters) Thanks in advance!

For 36 month and 15K miles per year, the MF is .00007 and the residual is 53%. No lease cash available on the TDI.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Thanks!

edited May 2014

Made the lease deal this morning (36mo/12k a year) and just picked-up car.
    Details:

2014 Sportwagen TDI (base)

MSRP - $28,755

Negotiated to $25,261 + $279 doc fee + $625 acquisition fee ($26,525 OTD).

Monthly payments - $321.40 including tax

Overall I feel like I did pretty well. Wish I had thought to include the $625 in my original offer :@ , but totally spaced it out while soliciting offers from multiple dealerships.

• vw_wagonvw_wagon Member Posts: 4

What are the money factor and residual for a Sportswagen SE with automatic transmission for a 36 month lease at either 10k or 12k? with a sunroof?

Thanks

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,106

@vw_wagon said:
    What are the money factor and residual for a Sportswagen SE with automatic transmission for a 36 month lease at either 10k or 12k? with a sunroof?

Thanks

Gas? .00015 MF and 52%/51% residual. $1000 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• vw_wagonvw_wagon Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2014

@kyfdx said:
    Gas? .00015 MF and 52%/51% residual. $1000 lease cash

Yes, gas. Are the MF and residual the same for a Sportswagen S automatic?

Thanks

@vw_wagon said:
    Thanks

Yes... all gas model wagons have the same lease program.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• amin7raamin7ra Member Posts: 11

Could you provide the August MF and residual for a 12k mile/36 month lease on a 2014 Sportwagen SE using gas and automatic?

Thanks!!!

Hi, can i get the August MF and residual for a 12k mile/36 month lease on a 2014 Sportwagen SE using gas and automatic?

Please let me know if I am missing any information that might be relevant to the MF and/or residual calculations.

Thanks in advance.

@amin7ra said:
    Hi, can i get the August MF and residual for a 12k mile/36 month lease on a 2014 Sportwagen SE using gas and automatic?

Please let me know if I am missing any information that might be relevant to the MF and/or residual calculations.

Thanks in advance.

.00009 and 53% for 36/12. $500 lease cash on gas models this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

@Michaell Thank you so much for the information.

This may be out of your realm of expertise, but on Volkswagen's website they are advertising a $1,000 prepaid rewards card for the lease of a turbocharged vehicle and the dealer is saying the Sportwagen is included in the promotion but I cannot find anything that specifically states the Sportwagen is turbocharged and obviously I don't trust the salesperson on his word. Is there any chance you can confirm whether the Sportwagen is "turbocharged"?

Again, thank you

@amin7ra said:
    Michaell Thank you so much for the information.

This may be out of your realm of expertise, but on Volkswagen's website they are advertising a $1,000 prepaid rewards card for the lease of a turbocharged vehicle and the dealer is saying the Sportwagen is included in the promotion but I cannot find anything that specifically states the Sportwagen is turbocharged and obviously I don't trust the salesperson on his word. Is there any chance you can confirm whether the Sportwagen is "turbocharged"?

Again, thank you

You can use the pricing tools at the top of the page to "build" your car and it should provide information on what the engine type is. Also you can use vw.com.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• caitcarcaitcar Member Posts: 3

Could you please give me the August MF and rv on a Sportwagen tdi, 36/12 and 36/15? Thanks!

@caitcar said:
    Could you please give me the August MF and rv on a Sportwagen tdi, 36/12 and 36/15? Thanks!

.00070 MF and 59%/57% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• caitcarcaitcar Member Posts: 3

Thanks, and can you tell me where you got those from? Im deep into negotiations on a '14 TDI wagon with a sunroof, selling price 28,605. When I go in tomorrow and tell them the MF that I need and residual that they should work with, I would like to be able to back it up. They have not been forthcoming on either of these things so far, which is frustrating. Also, the quote I was given includes a 3k cap cost reduction, even though I clearly said that I would not be putting any down. What I'm trying to say is I just want to buy this car for the price I want to pay- it should be simple, right?!

@caitcar said:
    Thanks, and can you tell me where you got those from? Im deep into negotiations on a '14 TDI wagon with a sunroof, selling price 28,605. When I go in tomorrow and tell them the MF that I need and residual that they should work with, I would like to be able to back it up. They have not been forthcoming on either of these things so far, which is frustrating. Also, the quote I was given includes a 3k cap cost reduction, even though I clearly said that I would not be putting any down. What I'm trying to say is I just want to buy this car for the price I want to pay- it should be simple, right?!

It should be simple, but the dealer will try to make it hard, to obfuscate the actual amount you are paying. I like to keep asking the same question, until I get an answer. I tend to be unresponsive to anything that isn't the answer I'm looking for. I don't make many friends that way, but it makes for a quick end to negotiating with dealers that are trying to hide the numbers.

You can't really be deep into negotiations, if they won't even disclose the money factor or residual. The residual has to come out, because that's on the lease contract, and they can't alter that from the bank's number.

And... I get all my numbers from Google. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• robertjftcrobertjftc Member Posts: 6
    Can I get the MF and residual on a S PZEV manual sportwagen?

.00012 MF and 50% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. $750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited September 2014
    kyfdx said:

Thanks!

I just ran the numbers and came up with 196.60 as my bottom line on an invoice price of 18225, (MSRP 22550). Does this seem right? Sorry I'm a noob, so with lease cash...can I just subtract that from the invoice price? Also, I could do 10k/yr (I'm an nyc resident).

kyfdx said:

Thanks!

I just ran the numbers and came up with 196.60 as my bottom line on an invoice price of 18225, (MSRP 22550). Does this seem right? Sorry I'm a noob, so with lease cash...can I just subtract that from the invoice price? Also, I could do 10k/yr (I'm an nyc resident).

Your calculations are correct for those numbers, but where did you come up with the invoice price? I can guarantee there isn't a $4K spread between MSRP and invoice on a VW..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited September 2014
    kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

Thanks!

Your calculations are correct for those numbers, but where did you come up with the invoice price? I can guarantee there isn't a $4K spread between MSRP and invoice on a VW..
    Actually, I messed up the MSRP should have been 21815. I came up with the invoice number through 2 usnews guaranteed savings certificates, are larger spreads more commonly available for buying rather than leasing?

kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

Thanks!

Actually, I messed up the MSRP should have been 21815. I came up with the invoice number through 2 usnews guaranteed savings certificates, are larger spreads more commonly available for buying rather than leasing?
    I don't know what your certificates entail, but you can calculate the residual yourself.. by using the Make/Model/Year tabs at the top of the page. Purchase offers might include discounts or incentives that aren't available to lessees..

You are calculating lease payments correctly, so once you get an actual offer from a dealer, you shouldn't have any trouble coming up with a lease payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

One more question, so the best offer i've received was 19,410 invoice (20968 adjusted cap) on an MSRP of 22,050. As far as the $750 lease cash goes, can I just automatically subtract that from the cap?

One more question, so the best offer i've received was 19,410 invoice (20968 adjusted cap) on an MSRP of 22,050. As far as the $750 lease cash goes, can I just automatically subtract that from the cap?

The dealer may be including the $750 in their quote - contact them to be sure.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• eightfivesixeightfivesix Member Posts: 2
    Could you please provide the October MF and RV for a TDI, Auto, Sunroof, Nav - 36/12 and 36/15? Thanks!

Could you please provide the October MF and RV for a TDI, Auto, Sunroof, Nav - 36/12 and 36/15? Thanks!

.00019 MF and 56%/54% residual. $250 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• travispdxtravispdx Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in a the lease information for a 2014 Jetta SportWagen TDI base model, 36 months.
    travispdx said:

I am interested in a the lease information for a 2014 Jetta SportWagen TDI base model, 36 months.

.00039 MF and 53% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. $750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mittencuhmittencuh Member Posts: 50
    What are the current lease rates for a 2014 SportWagen TDI with sunroof in CO right now?
    mittencuh said:

What are the current lease rates for a 2014 SportWagen TDI with sunroof in CO right now?

49% for 36/15 and .00162 MF

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator