Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 BMW 3-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,118

@betrayedsoup said:
    Ok heres the deal I signed today.
    '14 328I X-DRIVE custom order, coming from SA.
    msrp- 47125
    negotiated price- 41882.84
    36/10
    62%
    MF from .00130 to .00081 w/ 7 MSD'S
    total 5010.50 upfront w/ 7msd's, doc,reg,bank,and first payment
    monthly payment = $434.99
    feel like I got a good deal.

Nice deal. The MSD's really bring down the payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• msusox80msusox80 Member Posts: 17

Just finished the entire thread, wow what a great resource!
    I'm about to start negotiating on a 2014 328xi GT.
    I want to basically submit a baseline offer off the bat but want to know what the payment would be: here's the info I'm thinking:
    Msrp: 50350
    3 yr 12 miles
    Invoice is 46315.
    I would like to offer invoice plus the thousand incentive so price is 45315.
    Assume base MF and acq. Fee. I would like to pay 1500 out of pocket including first month and roll any other fees in. Tax in. PA is on the payment and it's 9%.
    So what am I looking at per month including tax with this breakdown?
    Thanks for the help in advance!

• tessmonster84tessmonster84 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2014

Thought I'd share the final deal on a 36mo/12k 328xi:

MSRP: 41775,

Sale Price: 38500,

Residual: 61% (the other day he said 60 so im still not sure what is right),

Sales Tax: 7.5%,

Monthly payment $485 (.0014MF),

1st month, title and doc fee due at signing.

Really tried to get them to go to .0013 but they wouldn't move, maybe a tight market here. Planning to load up 7 MSDs to drop the payment. Looking at these other deals I feel like I should have just gotten a loaded up car that I could negotiate more and pay a little extra! Overall though I'm within $12/mo of where I thought a good deal would be.

• konacougkonacoug Member Posts: 196

@tessmonster84 said:
    Thought I'd share the final deal on a 36mo/12k 328xi:

MSRP: 41775,

Sale Price: 38500,

Residual: 61% (the other day he said 60 so im still not sure what is right),

Sales Tax: 7.5%,

Monthly payment $485 (.0014MF),

1st month, title and doc fee due at signing.

Really tried to get them to go to .0013 but they wouldn't move, maybe a tight market here. Planning to load up 7 MSDs to drop the payment. Looking at these other deals I feel like I should have just gotten a loaded up car that I could negotiate more and pay a little extra! Overall though I'm within $12/mo of where I thought a good deal would be.

Your deal really isn't all that great...taking into consideration the $1500 option credit, you only got $1775 off the MSRP and paid a jacked up money factor. If you haven't signed the deal, I recommend you shop your deal around. You mentioned a tight market, which part of the US are you in? There are options available to you, if you want to find them.....

@msusox80 said:
    I want to basically submit a baseline offer off the bat but want to know what the payment would be: here's the info I'm thinking:
    3 yr 12 miles
    Invoice is 46315.
    Assume base MF and acq. Fee. I would like to pay 1500 out of pocket including first month and roll any other fees in. Tax in. PA is on the payment and it's 9%.

If you want to order, you can do PCD and pick the car up in South Carolina, there by using any dealer in the country. Your other option would be to wait until the 2015 models start rolling out and they discount the 2014's. Either way, best way to negotiate is to email the internet depts. with your offer on any in stock car. Try to stay out of the dealerships, until you have a deal set up.

• msusox80msusox80 Member Posts: 17

Thanks for the info, yeah I'm pretty picky so I'm sure ordering is what I will have to do. Not to keen on driving to SC, can't you just order from Germany and wait? ( I have time).
    Can't I just negotiate the terms of an order in advance also? What about the terms above for the car with msrp I mentioned. I've used a couple calculators and I'm getting 509 tax included with the 1500 out of pocket including first month. Can anyone confirm? Thanks guys!

@msusox80 said:
    3 yr 12 miles
    Invoice is 46315.

Using the MSRP and the $45,315 cap cost with the base MF of .00130 and residual of 63% for 36/12, I get a pre-tax payment of $477.77; with 9% tax the payment goes to $520.77.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• danguy426danguy426 Member Posts: 4

Hi all,
    I am new to the forum and was seeking some guidance with regards to a lease offer that is on the table with one of my local dealers. This thread is chock full of great information that has been most helpful.
    The current details i have in front of me are for a 2014 335I Xdrive
    497.69 a month 36/10k
    3,301.05 up front for tax, fees, first months payment
    MSRP is 52,675.00
    Metallic Grey Driver assistance
    heated seats
    navigation system
    premium package

I dont have the MF or residual, i have reached out to the dealer for this information.
    On the surface does this look competitive.. or can i squeeze more out of them?
    thanks all

@danguy426 said:
    Hi all,
    I am new to the forum and was seeking some guidance with regards to a lease offer that is on the table with one of my local dealers. This thread is chock full of great information that has been most helpful.
    497.69 a month 36/10k
    MSRP is 52,675.00
    heated seats
    navigation system
    premium package

I dont have the MF or residual, i have reached out to the dealer for this information.
    thanks all

*** update***
    MSRP 52675
    Selling Price 47,333.00
    RESIDUAL 63%
    MF .00130
    3308 down for 1st payment and fees etc

i think i got a good deal. .. hope i got a good deal cause i put a deposit on the car :)

@danguy426 said:

Base MF. Good discount off MSRP. I concur that it looks solid.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• rob34rob34 Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2014

Can someone please help me. Below is what I was offered on a 2014 BMW 335i xdrive exactly as they sent to me. Is this a good deal? If not, where should I ask for more? I am in Seattle and a current BMW lease holder. They have some deal where I can get out of my lease early if I lease another BMW with no added cost to me. Thank you.

• MSRP: $59890
    • Discount: $3140
    • AWD Credit: $1250
    • Conquest Credit: $750
    • Selling Price: $54750
    • Lease Term: 3 years
    • Lease Mileage: 10k
    • Money Factor: 0.0017
    • Residual: 63%
    • Lease Acq Fee: $750

Total cash down:

• 1st month payment: $716
    • Licencing est. $269
    • Doc Fee: $150
    • Overall cash down: $1135

• Monthly payment: $716 including tax.

Thanks for your help!

@danguy426 said:

@danguy426 said:
    Hi all,
    497.69 a month 36/10k
    MSRP is 52,675.00
    heated seats
    navigation system
    premium package

thanks all

I am guessing you are de caping the lease with a down payment. You would be better served to use MSD's, which lower the money factor rate and your money will not be at risk.

@msusox80 said:
    Thanks for the info, yeah I'm pretty picky so I'm sure ordering is what I will have to do. Not to keen on driving to SC, can't you just order from Germany and wait? ( I have time).
    Can't I just negotiate the terms of an order in advance also? What about the terms above for the car with msrp I mentioned. I've used a couple calculators and I'm getting 509 tax included with the 1500 out of pocket including first month. Can anyone confirm? Thanks guys!

Ordering is good to get the car you want....however, it gets sent to the dealer you order it from. Yes, when you order a car and submit the credit application to BMW FS, the terms are locked in. However, when the car is delivered, if the terms are more favorable, you can get the better financing, rebates or incentives that are available to you.
    You can do European Delivery in Munich and save even more....if you are willing to fly there. Ultimately, its your money and time, but do what works best for you....

edited June 2014
    @‌ konakoug
    Actually the only money out of pocket was for taxes and fees. Aside from that there was nothing additional out of pocket to decap the lease. I can provide the breakdown if anyone is curious. If i rolled them in i would have a monthly of 540 for the car. I was advised not to put anything additional OOP because if i wrecked the car i can kiss that money goodbye. Also New York does not allow for MSD's.

Uh, okay....I didn't catch you are paying all of the taxes upfront....so, if they give you the base money factor .00130, it should be ok...

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146

A reporter is looking to interview a car shopper who has found car pricing complicated and/or confusing. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Friday, June 20, 2014 to share your story and opinions with a reporter.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• the1nonly1339the1nonly1339 Member Posts: 7
    In the end does it really matter what deal the salesman give you? It changes so much when you see the finance guy. Why is it that different???

If they CA gave you an itemize list of all of the costs, the deal itself shouldn't change. However, the finance guy will try to sell you all kinds of wheel insurance, dent protection, windshield protection, insurance and any other crap they try and peddle to you. The Finance guy, will use all kinds of scare tactics to sell this junk to you.

When I did my deal last summer, the CA didn't tell the finance guy I was going to use MSD's and he literally threw a fit. He made me go meet with the sales manager and the CA. I told them, it was in my emails to the CA and they actually made the CA go check. If I hadn't flown into LA from Hawaii, I would've just walked from my custom ordered car. I had already paid to ship it back to Hawaii and had a transport truck on the way to pick up the car. So, we start doing the paperwork and he asks for $1000 more than I had estimated.... I asked him, did you give me credit for my deposit?? He told me, he didn't realize I had put $1000 down for the orderWhat a moron or crook, take your pick....Oh, and he also was highly agitated that I wouldn't buy any of his products. The point of all this...know your deal before you walk into the finance room and just say no to all the crap they try to sell you!!

• omaraltomaralt Member Posts: 53

Hey

What's the residual for a 328i 15 k miles 36 months? Thanks

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199

@omaralt said:
    Hey

What's the residual for a 328i 15 k miles 36 months? Thanks

.00130 MF and 58% residual. $1500 option credit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

@konacoug said:
    If they CA gave you an itemize list of all of the costs, the deal itself shouldn't change. However, the finance guy will try to sell you all kinds of wheel insurance, dent protection, windshield protection, insurance and any other crap they try and peddle to you. The Finance guy, will use all kinds of scare tactics to sell this junk to you.

When I did my deal last summer, the CA didn't tell the finance guy I was going to use MSD's and he literally threw a fit. He made me go meet with the sales manager and the CA. I told them, it was in my emails to the CA and they actually made the CA go check. If I hadn't flown into LA from Hawaii, I would've just walked from my custom ordered car. I had already paid to ship it back to Hawaii and had a transport truck on the way to pick up the car. So, we start doing the paperwork and he asks for $1000 more than I had estimated.... I asked him, did you give me credit for my deposit?? He told me, he didn't realize I had put $1000 down for the orderWhat a moron or crook, take your pick....Oh, and he also was highly agitated that I wouldn't buy any of his products. The point of all this...know your deal before you walk into the finance room and just say no to all the crap they try to sell you!!

Good points you made above. I just went over my paperwork for the car that i should be receiving in 2 weeks and i noticed two overcharges on the contract. They overcharged me for the license plate fees (280 for new plates vs 100 if im using my old plates from my trade in) also i put down a 500 dollar deposit which was not factored in/out of the down payment

I have also heard the horror stories of the hard selling of the silly add on's for the car. I'll get my "no" face on the day i go to pick up the car and finalize the deal

• the1nonly1339the1nonly1339 Member Posts: 7
    I ended up securing a deal 2 days ago.
    Bmw 328xi
    Premium package and cold weather. Keyless entry.

Msrp $44,825
    Sales price $41,000
    Tax title registration plus first payment
    $2000

Monthly payment
    $420

Thanks to everyone here.

@the1nonly1339 said:
    I ended up securing a deal 2 days ago.
    Bmw 328xi
    Premium package and cold weather. Keyless entry.

Msrp $44,825
    Sales price $41,000
    Tax title registration plus first payment
    $2000

Monthly payment
    $420

Thanks to everyone here.

Congratulations! Enjoy your new car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• porsche911c4sporsche911c4s Member Posts: 99

Hey all, looking for a 2014 328ix...Msrp 47925. Is it at all possible to get the car for 41.5 including the 1500 bonus cash (in other words 43 negotiated and then apply the incentive)?

• brianbbbrianbb Member Posts: 18

Hello I'm looking for the MF and Residual value for a 320i RWD. Thanks- Brian

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199

@brianbb said:
    Hello I'm looking for the MF and Residual value for a 320i RWD. Thanks- Brian

.00130 MF and 61% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. $500 option credit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• patk96patk96 Member Posts: 7
    What is current residual and MF for 2014 335i?

@patk96 said:
    What is current residual and MF for 2014 335i?

.00130 MF

what lease term and miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• patk96patk96 Member Posts: 7
    null
    36/15k

@patk96 said:
    null
    36/15k

60%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• marcin1786marcin1786 Member Posts: 3

hi all,

Looking to secure a lease for the 2014 328d x drive. Here's what they offered me...

36 month
    15k miles per year
    Monthly Payment (includ tax) $438
    Total Due at Delivery $1,485
    MSRP: 43,075

Is this a good deal or do I have some more room?

@marcin1786 said:
    hi all,

Looking to secure a lease for the 2014 328d x drive. Here's what they offered me...

36 month
    15k miles per year
    Monthly Payment (includ tax) $438
    Total Due at Delivery $1,485
    MSRP: 43,075

Is this a good deal or do I have some more room?

what is the negotiated selling price?

base MF is .00130 and the residual is 59%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373

I shouldn't be asking this question, but I'm going to anyway: how does the MSD program work? Each SD you give them lowers the mf by how much?

328xd - 59% - .0013 36/12K

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

@nyccarguy said:
    I shouldn't be asking this question, but I'm going to anyway: how does the MSD program work? Each SD you give them lowers the mf by how much?

328xd - 59% - .0013 36/12K

each SD reduces the MF by .00007. max 7 SD's for a total reduction of .00049. that takes down the MF to .00081.

each SD is the payment rounded up to the next $25.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited June 2014

Big difference

3.12% to 1.94%

Are my calculations correct?

• MSRP = 44,750
    • Invoice = 41,210
    • Selling Price = $37,960 (invoice minus $3,250 in rebates)
    • Cap Cost Reduction = $165
    • 59% residual .0013 mf = $399.90 + $25.39 tax ($425.29)
    • $400.00 x 7 = $2,800 MSD
    • 59% residual .00081 mf = $368.44 + $23.40 tax ($391.84)
    • $33.45 per month savings x 36 months = $1,204.20 difference
    • $500.00 BMW CCA rebate would be my 1st payment plus a tank of fuel:)

Hmmm. I know, I know. Stay away from the BMW dealer:)

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

@nyccarguy said:
    Big difference

3.12% to 1.94%

Are my calculations correct?

• MSRP = 44,750
    • Invoice = 41,210
    • Selling Price = $37,960 (invoice minus $3,250 in rebates)
    • Cap Cost Reduction = $165
    • 59% residual .0013 mf = $399.90 + $25.39 tax ($425.29)
    • $400.00 x 7 = $2,800 MSD
    • 59% residual .00081 mf = $368.44 + $23.40 tax ($391.84)
    • $33.45 per month savings x 36 months = $1,204.20 difference
    • $500.00 BMW CCA rebate would be my 1st payment plus a tank of fuel:)

Hmmm. I know, I know. Stay away from the BMW dealer:)

And, you get the $2800 back at the end of the lease. nice return on investment!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell said:
    what is the negotiated price?

$37,315
    Again the deal was 15k per year. $438 per month $1485 due at signing. Do I have anymore room?

@marcin1786 said:

with your numbers, i calculate a pre-tax payments of $412.12/mo for 36 months, 15K miles.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• porsche911c4sporsche911c4s Member Posts: 99

Marcin, where did you get that price?

So the additional 30 bucks or so is taxes. Is that the best I am going to find?

White Plains, NY

• bmwinmyfuturebmwinmyfuture Member Posts: 1

Im new to this forum and there have been great responses and very knowledgeable people. As I read what people are shopping around for, I dont seem to be offered the same lease options. The lease that I keep seeing is with a $3,000 down payment, yet everyone keeps posting that their offers dont require a downpayment?

@bmwinmyfuture said:
    Im new to this forum and there have been great responses and very knowledgeable people. As I read what people are shopping around for, I dont seem to be offered the same lease options. The lease that I keep seeing is with a $3,000 down payment, yet everyone keeps posting that their offers dont require a downpayment?

The advertised offers usually require a down payment. If you wish to have $0 down, then the payment will increase accordingly - for a 36 month lease, it would be $83/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited June 2014

@marcin1786‌

How many dealers have you shopped? That's the only way to know if you are getting the right price. There are a bunch in our area. 3 in Westchester, 1 in Rockland, we've even got a couple here in Fairfield County (just be wary of the expensive conveyance fees & adjust your numbers accordingly).

• hpcljhpclj Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2014

All, looking for advice on what this group feels is a reasonable lease deal for a 328xi with Premium Package and Cold Weather Package. Would also need 15,000 annual miles included on a 36 month lease. I have been quoted a selling price of $40,350 but want to lease. Thanks in advance for your thoughts and advice.

@hpclj said:
    All, looking for advice on what this group feels is a reasonable lease deal for a 328xi with Premium Package and Cold Weather Package. Would also need 15,000 annual miles included on a 36 month lease. I have been quoted a selling price of $40,350 but want to lease. Thanks in advance for your thoughts and advice.

.00130 is the base MF for the 328xi .... 36/15 residual is 59%. $1500 lease cash also available

The selling price should be a good starting point for your lease negotiations as well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited June 2014

Thanks for the info but can you walk me through the formula and calculation? I am new to this. Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

@hpclj said:
    Thanks for the info but can you walk me through the formula and calculation? I am new to this. Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

There are some good articles here at Edmunds that can provide a primer on leasing, and lots of calculators available as well. We can help validate the numbers you find and negotiate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited June 2014

OK, so here is my deal and I am interested in any feedback available. Talking about a 2014 328i with xDrive with Metallic Paint, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package and 15K miles annually. $440 monthly payment for 36 months and $0 cap cost down. $2,600 due at signing which includes only first paymant, tax, tags and $750 acquisition fee. Is that a decent deal?

@hpclj said:
    OK, so here is my deal and I am interested in any feedback available. Talking about a 2014 328i with xDrive with Metallic Paint, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package and 15K miles annually. $440 monthly payment for 36 months and $0 cap cost down. $2,600 due at signing which includes only first paymant, tax, tags and $750 acquisition fee. Is that a decent deal?

What is the MSRP and selling price?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• gigabertzgigabertz Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2014

Hello all. Looking for feedback on my current offer for a 328i GT for a 36/12k:

• MSRP: 50675
    • Sell Price: 45870
    • MF: 0.00130
    • Res: 63%

• Monthly: 531.22

• Acquisition: 725

• Fees & Insurance: 525 (Not sure what this is? Is this the same as the Doc fee?)
    • Upfront Taxes: 70.44
    • 1st month: 531.22
    • Driveoff: 1851.66

Seems like a good deal to me, but wondering if I have any more wiggle room here. Any suggestions?

This discussion has been closed.