Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Honda Civic Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336

@sunflowercivic said:
    *The dealer may be using a finance company other than HFS ... check with them. Different companies have different MF and residuals.

If you wait until the end of the lease, you can return it and walk away with no obligations other than excess mileage. The residual is a best guess by the finance company - sometimes they guess high (meaning the car is worth less than what they thought) or guess low (meaning the car is worth more than what they thought). The residual is the value you can buy the car for at the end of the lease. If the car is worth less than the residual, you don't have to buy it. If the car is worth more, you can buy it and trade it in and get the equity.

Michael,
    Thank you for this information regarding the lease. It is very helpful.

I heard back from the Honda dealership: it is Honda Finance. The dealer is offering 2014 Civic SI (without NAV) for $23,000, which includes $800 dealer cash; MF .00071; payment 310.38 (tax rate is 7.38). _ Is this a good deal?_ I would have $856.58 due at signing; the recent college grad program would cover $500, so I would put down $356.88 which includes the first month's payment. When I calculate it, I get $281.68 + $20.79 for a total payment of $302.47. I saw lots of people on this forum get their Civic Si's for considerably less, with payments in the low-mid $200's.

Is the $23,000 the selling price? If so, what is the MSRP? We need both numbers to model a payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    sunflowercivicsunflowercivic Member Posts: 4

Michael, it looks like the MSRP is $24,708.95 and the selling price is $23,000. I hope this gives you the information you need.

The dealer sent the following information: "We went from the TrueCar price of $23,750.95 including your accessories but not including window tint to a price of $23,000 including all the accessories AND window tint. This is a function of reducing the sale price with that $800 Lease cash whereas you see the Grad Program $500 posted as cash down."

• Options

@sunflowercivic said:
    Michael, it looks like the MSRP is $24,708.95 and the selling price is $23,000. I hope this gives you the information you need.

The dealer sent the following information: "We went from the TrueCar price of $23,750.95 including your accessories but not including window tint to a price of $23,000 including all the accessories AND window tint. This is a function of reducing the sale price with that $800 Lease cash whereas you see the Grad Program $500 posted as cash down."

Using $24,708.95 as the MSRP and $23K as the selling price with 60% residual and .00071 MF, I get a pre-tax payment of $253.93.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    jobryantjobryant Member Posts: 15
    Can someone please give me the RV and MF for the 2014 Civic Coupe EX w/out Navi and the 2014 Si w/out navi? 36 months for 12k miles. I'm in Phoenix, AZ. Thanks!
    Jeff
  • Options

@jobryant said:
    Can someone please give me the RV and MF for the 2014 Civic Coupe EX w/out Navi and the 2014 Si w/out navi? 36 months for 12k miles. I'm in Phoenix, AZ. Thanks!
    Jeff

EX Coupe - 56%

Si Coupe - 57%

.00030 and $800 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    jobryantjobryant Member Posts: 15

@Michaell said:
    .00030 and $800 lease cash.

Thanks Michaell, so I ran into this site when doing research:
    http://www.weymouthhonda.com/lease/?&code=FG4A5EJW&year=2014&leasetype=2

It shows a 'Sign and Drive' lease has a MF of .00011. This is in Massachusetts, but is there a similar deal in AZ? Is there a better MF in Arizona if I do a different type of lease?

• Options

@jobryant said:
    It shows a 'Sign and Drive' lease has a MF of .00011. This is in Massachusetts, but is there a similar deal in AZ? Is there a better MF in Arizona if I do a different type of lease?

This could be through a different finance company. Your local dealer may have similar options, but we wouldn't be able to confirm those numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    kartdadkartdad Member Posts: 44

Hello,
    Think I understand the lease now, but one question. Is the residual value based upon the MSRP or the actual price negotiated (cap cost)? That would make a big difference in payment on a lease.

When pricing out a 2014 Civic Si sedan lease, if I can negotiate down to $20k including the $800 lease cash, and using the quoted RV as 60% of MSRP of $23,780, and being in the state of Washington, what is our MF? Is it .0003 or the .00079? if I use the .00079 MF, I get a payment of $168 a month including Wa. state taxes. Does that sound about right? That seems SUPER low to me!

Residual is over $14k! So negotiating to $20k would be awesome! I doubt they will drop the price by $3k, but you never know! End of the month, slow Si sales....want to get it moved.....but if the residual is based on the cap cost, it doesn't look as attractive.

Any comments appreciated!

• Options

@kartdad said:
    Hello,
    Think I understand the lease now, but one question. Is the residual value based upon the MSRP or the actual price negotiated (cap cost)? That would make a big difference in payment on a lease.

When pricing out a 2014 Civic Si sedan lease, if I can negotiate down to $20k including the $800 lease cash, and using the quoted RV as 60% of MSRP of $23,780, and being in the state of Washington, what is our MF? Is it .0003 or the .00079? if I use the .00079 MF, I get a payment of $168 a month including Wa. state taxes. Does that sound about right? That seems SUPER low to me!

Residual is over $14k! So negotiating to $20k would be awesome! I doubt they will drop the price by $3k, but you never know! End of the month, slow Si sales....want to get it moved.....but if the residual is based on the cap cost, it doesn't look as attractive.

Any comments appreciated!

Civic MF is .00079 for WA. Residual is based on MSRP.

With your MSRP and selling price and 60% RV, I get a pre-tax payment of $186.29/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Zoder1Zoder1 Member Posts: 35

What is the RV and MF for a 36mo/12k lease in Florida for a Civic Sedan EX-L w/ Nav and also w/o Nav? Thank you.

• Options

@Zoder1 said:
    What is the RV and MF for a 36mo/12k lease in Florida for a Civic Sedan EX-L w/ Nav and also w/o Nav? Thank you.

w/ NAV - 55%

w/o NAV - 57%

MF is .00021 and $800 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    cc71cc71 Member Posts: 3

Located in FL. Considering 2014 Civic EX L. MSRP $23530 Selling price $22494.33 (incl taxable fee, doc fee of $499, & tax $1336.83). Cap cost $21989.03, .00021 MF, 57% RF, base residual $13412.10, 12k/36mos, pymt $264.11. Is this a good deal?

• Options

@cc71 said:
    Located in FL. Considering 2014 Civic EX L. MSRP $23530 Selling price $22494.33 (incl taxable fee, doc fee of $499, & tax $1336.83). Cap cost $21989.03, .00021 MF, 57% RF, base residual $13412.10, 12k/36mos, pymt $264.11. Is this a good deal?

I get a pre-tax payment of $245.68 with your numbers. Looks to be a solid deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    yoshi27yoshi27 Member Posts: 1

Hi, looking for the RV and MF for the 2014 Civic Sedan EX for 36 months for 12k/15k a year..Southern California

• Options

@yoshi27 said:
    Hi, looking for the RV and MF for the 2014 Civic Sedan EX for 36 months for 12k/15k a year..Southern California

36/15 - 57% RV and .00021 MF. $800 lease cash.

Add 2% for 12K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    buckeye783buckeye783 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2014

I've been dealing with an online salesperson at a local dealer, and they sent this to me this morning.

Her comment: "You’ll see it adds an inception fee of $454.50, that is your first payment, your document, title, and tag fees. You then have 35 remaining payments on the lease so that you don’t have a payment the month you’d go to turn your lease back in to the lender. The assignment fee is the lease acquisition fee which every bank has and they are not something that the dealer can alter or negotiate. You do on the flip side have a $500 wear and tear clause in your lease contract and you have Gap insurance at no additional charge from Honda as well in return! "

Thoughts? This is for a 2014 Civic LX in Columbus, Ohio

• Options

@buckeye783 said:

I've been dealing with an online salesperson at a local dealer, and they sent this to me this morning.

Her comment: "You’ll see it adds an inception fee of $454.50, that is your first payment, your document, title, and tag fees. You then have 35 remaining payments on the lease so that you don’t have a payment the month you’d go to turn your lease back in to the lender. The assignment fee is the lease acquisition fee which every bank has and they are not something that the dealer can alter or negotiate. You do on the flip side have a $500 wear and tear clause in your lease contract and you have Gap insurance at no additional charge from Honda as well in return! "

Using the numbers above, I get a pre-tax payment of $209.06/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,287

@buckeye783 said:

Is that sign and drive? Nothing out of pocket? Just 35 payments of $198?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Zoder1Zoder1 Member Posts: 35

Is the RV based on MSRP or cap cost?

• Options

@Zoder1 said:
    Is the RV based on MSRP or cap cost?

MSRP

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    bhpjdbhpjd Member Posts: 3

Hello, what is the RV and MF for a 2014 Civic LX CVT and Civic EX in South Louisiana? Thanks.

• Options

@bhpjd said:
    Hello, what is the RV and MF for a 2014 Civic LX CVT and Civic EX in South Louisiana? Thanks.

What lease term and how many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    bhpjdbhpjd Member Posts: 3

12k a year. 36 months

• Options

@bhpjd said:
    Hello, what is the RV and MF for a 2014 Civic LX CVT and Civic EX in South Louisiana? 12k a year. 36 months Thanks.

LX and EX RV are the same at 59%. MF is .00071 with $800 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    barrister3barrister3 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2014

Hi, doing my due diligence to go shopping.
    Looking for the RV and MF on either an LX or EX CVT in Northern Virginia/DC. 12/36.

So far, have a TrueCar quote on an EX of 18k, and my rough calculations with just guesttimates bring it to ~$150/mo. Thoughts?

TIA

• Options
    kumars79kumars79 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2014

Honda Civic EX,
    12k/Year 36 months lease,
    Residual Value $12909,
    Sign & Drive - $0 down payment,
    Monthly Payment $227 (incl tax) for 35 payments

• Options

@barrister3 said:
    Hi, doing my due diligence to go shopping.
    Looking for the RV and MF on either an LX or EX CVT in Northern Virginia/DC. 12/36.

So far, have a TrueCar quote on an EX of 18k, and my rough calculations with just guesttimates bring it to ~$150/mo. Thoughts?

TIA

What is the MSRP?

58% RV and .00071 MF for both the LX and EX.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    cb4d1cb4d1 Member Posts: 19
    Looking for RV and MF on a 2014 Civic EX Coupe in South Carolina, 3 years @ 12k.
  • Options
    cb4d1 said:

Looking for RV and MF on a 2014 Civic EX Coupe in South Carolina, 3 years @ 12k.

.00071 MF and 55% residual. $800 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    blues88blues88 Member Posts: 13
    I would like to to lease a Civic EX in Florida for 12,000 miles and 36 months.
    What is the money factor and rv?
  • Options
    blues88 said:

I would like to to lease a Civic EX in Florida for 12,000 miles and 36 months.
    What is the money factor and rv?

Sedan?
    .00021 MF and 58% residual. $800 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    blues88blues88 Member Posts: 13
    Thank you for the lease information.Could you please comment on how the $800 lease cash works.It is a direct rebate I receive or is it used to reduce the capitalized cost of the car?
  • Options
    blues88 said:

Thank you for the lease information.Could you please comment on how the $800 lease cash works.It is a direct rebate I receive or is it used to reduce the capitalized cost of the car?

The lease cash works like a rebate .. it can be used to either reduce the cap cost or it can be used to cover any up front fees (acquisition fee, taxes, license, etc.).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    blues88 said:

It is a manufacturer-to-dealer incentive.

You negotiate a lower selling price, since you know about the incentive.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jess_mjess_m Member Posts: 1
    Located in Indianapolis, IN. Thinking of leasing 2014 Civic EX. MSRP, $21,880 Selling price $19,950. 12k/36mos - payment $252.92. Looking for the Residual Value and wondering if this a good deal?
  • Options
    jess_m said:

Located in Indianapolis, IN. Thinking of leasing 2014 Civic EX. MSRP, $21,880 Selling price $19,950. 12k/36mos - payment $252.92. Looking for the Residual Value and wondering if this a good deal?

Residual is 58% and MF is .00021.

With your numbers, I calculate a pre-tax payment of $208.51/mo for 36 months. Looks like you've got some room to bring the payment down.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    rsaddictionrsaddiction Member Posts: 14

Hi, can you provide me the numbers for a 2014 Honda Civic Coupe LX, EX and Si, I reside in NY. 

36m/12k

27m/12k

-thanks 

• Options

Hi, can you provide me the numbers for a 2014 Honda Civic Coupe LX, EX and Si, I reside in NY. 

36m/12k

27m/12k

-thanks 

.00021 MF and $800 dealer cash.

EX/LX: 61% and 55% residual.

Add 1% for SI model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    simpleitsimpleit Member Posts: 1
    Hello - I've been offered a Lease payment of $289 (35 months/12k per year) taxes included (Ohio) with $0 out of pocket on a 14 EX-L. He offered a sale price of $20,199 for the car, is this lease too high? Thanks.
  • Options
    donjcdonjc Member Posts: 19
    Hello, Any info on the MF and residual numbers for Oct. Looking at 2014/2015 Civic EX-L
  • Options
    simpleit said:

Hello - I've been offered a Lease payment of $289 (35 months/12k per year) taxes included (Ohio) with $0 out of pocket on a 14 EX-L. He offered a sale price of $20,199 for the car, is this lease too high? Thanks.

What was the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    donjc said:

Hello, Any info on the MF and residual numbers for Oct. Looking at 2014/2015 Civic EX-L

The Honda numbers are good until 11/3.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    coruacorua Member Posts: 5
    Hi there! What is the RV and MF for a 36mo/12k lease in Florida for a Civic Coupe EX-L w/ Nav ? . South Florida area .Thank you
  • Options
    plp314plp314 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

Could you tell me, please, the MF and residuals for 12k/24 months and 12k/36 months for both a Civic CVT LX and a Civic CVT EX in MA.

Thanks!
  • Options
    biikbiik Member Posts: 3
    Hello,

What do you guys think of this lease deal?

2014 Honda Civic LX

MSRP is $19980 inc destination
    Selling price of $17931
    Residual $10288

$240 per month plus your state tax for 35 months with 18k per year just paying your plates, reg and doc upfront which is only $568

• Options
    corua said:

Hi there! What is the RV and MF for a 36mo/12k lease in Florida for a Civic Coupe EX-L w/ Nav ? . South Florida area .Thank you

.00021 MF and 51% residual. $800 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    plp314 said:

Hi,

Could you tell me, please, the MF and residuals for 12k/24 months and 12k/36 months for both a Civic CVT LX and a Civic CVT EX in MA.

Thanks!

.00021 MF and $800 lease cash.

64% and 58% residual.

Either model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    biik said:

Hello,

What do you guys think of this lease deal?

2014 Honda Civic LX

MSRP is $19980 inc destination
    Selling price of $17931
    Residual $10288

$240 per month plus your state tax for 35 months with 18k per year just paying your plates, reg and doc upfront which is only $568

It's hard to give a real accurate number, because I don't know the method for residual reduction on the extra 9000 miles over a 15K/yr lease. If it's $0.10 per mile reduction in the residual, then their number is right on the money. A $1200 discount on top of the $800 incentive seems very fair for a $20K Civic.

In any case, the payment is cheap for a 36mo, 18K/yr lease with only 35 payments.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    karhill1karhill1 Member Posts: 165
    Always recognize the true selling price of the vehicle is the negotiated price plus whatever documentation or other fake "fee" the dealer convinced the buyer to pay. Those amounts are not fees in any sense of the word. They are simply price divided into separate parts
  • Options
    coruacorua Member Posts: 5
    Hello - I'm trying to decide between leasing a Civic Coupe LX and Civic Sedan LX. Could you please provide the RV and MF for both models? South Florida area. TIA
This discussion has been closed.