Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Jeep Cherokee Prices Paid and Buying Experience

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
edited May 2015 in Jeep

Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Jeep Cherokee purchase experiences. If you have recently purchased a 2014 Cherokee, please share your experience here.

If you've purchased (or are thinking of purchasing) a 2015 Jeep Cherokee, please join us in the 2015 Jeep Cherokee Paid and Buying Experience

To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Jeep Cherokee Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 Jeep Cherokee page.

To see all forums discussions about the Jeep Cherokee, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Jeep Cherokee discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Comments

• joet20joet20 Member Posts: 1

D

• dlbrixdlbrix Member Posts: 1

Seriously! This forum was created in February and no one has posted!!! Well let me be the first.

I am looking at buying a 2014 Cherokee Trailhawk. Both Edmunds and KBB.com quote a fair purchase price for the vehicle but it seems every time I talk with a saleperson in term of getting a sale price even remotely close to these prices, they look at me with derision and tell me how hot the vehicle is and how there is no way they could sell the car for that amount.. So I am wondering how acurate these "Fair Purchase Price" quotes are... I am asking folks who have purchased a 2014 Cherokee Trailhawk to let me know what they purchaced (what feature packages), how much they paid for the vehicle and how they like the vehicle so far....

Please let me know, so I know if I am way off base when I go in to negotiate with the dealers...

Here is what I am hoping for...

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk with 6 cyl engine, panoramic sun roof, comfort/convienience package, tow package, 8 speaker stereo system... All for around $37,00.00 out the door (figuring $3,500 in tax and dmv fees, that is about $33,500.00 for the trailhawk)

Please help me to know if I am off base! Thanks!

Regards,

DLBrix

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited June 2014

Thanks for posting. B)

Don't know about Kelley, but TMV is based on actual purchases in your region. That doesn't mean that your preferred dealer is willing to make a sale, but some people are buying Cherokees for a "fair" price.

Instead of "going in" to negotiate with the dealers, you may want to get some quotes first. Or check out our Price Promise and see where that comes in compared to your target.

I must be selecting the wrong options* when I price out a Trailhawk here. I'm getting a TMV of $36,990 after applying the $500 incentive that's available in some areas. The idea is to try to meet or beat TMV, but getting $3,500 off TMV may be a bit of a stretch.

*Did you mean the 9 speaker option?

• ant4423ant4423 Member Posts: 3

Good Deal? Leased a Jeep Cherokee Latitute 4x4 w/backup camera Bluetooth. MSRP just a tad under 30k got about 3k off includes incentives 36month 10k miles. Monthly payment 289.99 and $0 out of pocket...actually better than 0 out of pocket they gave me a check for $380 to pay off one payment left on my current lease to get into the jeep. Seemed like an awesome deal for a 30k jeep.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830

Under $300/mo. for a $30K MSRP can't be a bad deal..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• saratogastevesaratogasteve Member Posts: 186

While Chrysler dealer's in my area (Bay Area) will advertise price leaders for the Cherokee Sport at less than $20,000 for a new car, it doesn't surprise me that the sales people will give you a blank stare when you try to reference these prices or TMV found on Edmunds. Depending on the dealership - a sales person may get zero compensation for unloading a "price leader" - so they have zero incentive to even aknowledge that the car even exists. And I'm not talking about "one at this price" - I'm talking about "3, 4 or 5 at this price". It's just games they play and have been playing since the beginning of time. The lack of posts with regards to pricing for many brands on Edmunds tells me allot about the demographics that buy that brand. They aren't exactly the type that show up having done their homework. Go to a Honda or Toyota forum for prices paid and you'll see many posts.

• dhogue1dhogue1 Member Posts: 14
    My deal:
    2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited
    4X4, 6 cyl., Towing, Tech, Luxory, Panoramic Sunroof, UConnect w/NAV
    MSRP $39,020
    Paid $34,364 plus $1,092 tax, $73.50 tags, $250 doc fee
    39 month lease, 12K miles
    MF 0.00016
    Residual 50%
    Southern Ohio

Comments welcome
    dhogue1 said:

My deal:
    MSRP $39,020
    MF 0.00016
    Residual 50%
    Southern Ohio

Comments welcome

All that info and no lease payment?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,042
    kyfdx said:

dhogue1 said:

My deal:
    MSRP $39,020
    MF 0.00016
    Residual 50%
    Southern Ohio

Comments welcome

I thought Ohio taxed the monthly lease payment - what does the $1092 represent?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Michaell said:

kyfdx said:

dhogue1 said:

My deal:
    MSRP $39,020
    MF 0.00016
    Residual 50%
    Southern Ohio

Comments welcome

Ohio taxes the sum of the monthly payments, and collects it upfront.. similar to New York or New Jersey

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

Michaell said:

kyfdx said:

dhogue1 said:

My deal:
    MSRP $39,020
    MF 0.00016
    Residual 50%
    Southern Ohio

Comments welcome

Ohio taxes the sum of the monthly payments, and collects it upfront.. similar to New York or New Jersey
    You learn something new every day around here ... thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• dhogue1dhogue1 Member Posts: 14
    kyfdx said:

dhogue1 said:

My deal:
    MSRP $39,020
    MF 0.00016
    Residual 50%
    Southern Ohio

Comments welcome

Haha... We traded out of a 3 year lease 1 year early so I didn't want to muddy the water. Here are the missing details:
    Traded 2013 Honda CRV (12 months remaining on 3 year lease)
    Trade-in negotiated $23,000 (initial offer was $22 by this dealer and one other)
    Lease buyout (for a dealer) $22,172
    Rolled $828 equity into the new lease as cap cost reduction.
    Thirty eight payments of $408 with $249 paid at lease signing.

There was very little information available online before I purchased so I had very little to go on. I just wanted to put my pricing out there in case it was of help to someone else.
  • danbachphongdanbachphong Member Posts: 1
    2014 Jeep Latitute 4x4 V6 and 8.4 Uconnect

$23,200 plux tax and docs.

2014 Jeep Latitute 4x4 V6 and 8.4 Uconnect

$23,200 plux tax and docs.

Congrats on the new Jeep!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jjcrawlerjjcrawler Member Posts: 4
    Hi everyone, I'm located in Texas and I'm looking into leasing a 2015 Cherokee loaded with navigation, 9 speaker system, safetytec group, technology group, luxury group, tonneau cover, panoramic sunroof, V6 engine. The MSRP is $38,275 and the negotiated sales price is $34,995. I want to lease for 36 months, 15k miles. Deal includes 51% residual, and money factor of .00012, and $0 down. Monthly pyment is $507/mth. Not sure if its a good deal or not, any thoughts?
    jjcrawler said:

Hi everyone, I'm located in Texas and I'm looking into leasing a 2015 Cherokee loaded with navigation, 9 speaker system, safetytec group, technology group, luxury group, tonneau cover, panoramic sunroof, V6 engine. The MSRP is $38,275 and the negotiated sales price is $34,995. I want to lease for 36 months, 15k miles. Deal includes 51% residual, and money factor of .00012, and $0 down. Monthly pyment is $507/mth. Not sure if its a good deal or not, any thoughts?

I confirm the .00012 MF and 51% for 36/15 on the Cherokee Limited FWD. With your MSRP and selling price, I get a pre-tax payment of $436.40.

Texas, unfortunately, applies sales tax to the entire selling price of the car, so your quote of $507 is probably about right depending on the tax rate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator