Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Pathfinder

Comments

• keeferbkeeferb Member Posts: 81
    I am leasing an '01 PF which ends in March. It has 55,000 miles(60k lease). Since about 35k, it had 2 ignition coils go bad on separate occasions and the oxygen sensor replaced. Luckily I got a 4 yr/60k warranty. Previous to this one I leased a '98 PF which only had a sticky throttle cable. Looking to lease an '05 PF in March unless it appears there's lots of problems. Reviews seem to be very positive for the most part.
  • jgriffjgriff Member Posts: 362
    The other thing that concerns me with the 05 PF is how tight the 2nd & 3rd row seating is. Even the 2nd row seems to be geared for only small adults or children. I'm 6'1" and I was very cramped in the 2nd row, there is hardly any room for even your feet under the front seats. You're paying the price for that 3rd row of seats.

Plus the headroom w/ a sunroof is also lacking. Both seem to almost be deal breakers for me.
  • pathstar1pathstar1 Member Posts: 1,015
    I'm a little confused here. I've not seen any "first year of model problems" in any new vehicle I've bought. This includes a 1990 4Runner, a 2004 RX-8, and a 2001 Pathfinder LE. The Pathfinder was the first year for the 3.5L engine (in a Pathfinder - previous year or two had it in the Infinity only).

The Pathfinder had two O2 sensors fail early on. I suspect a poor batch of sensors combined with fuel with lots of sulphur in it. Sensors replaced under warrenty and switched to premium fuel with 10% ethanol and have had no further problems (knocking on wood).

I think we are too nervous. Modern vehicles shouldn't have problems just because they haven't been made before.
  • dbauerdbauer Member Posts: 416
    it happens sometimes. usually, its only a matter of numbers. even if nissan tests the heck out of an armada, makes 10-15 of them, and perfects them. the big test comes from mass-production and increased chances of failure. the roof problem wasnt apparent in the prototypes, but it showed up in about 1 out of 600 units overall. they just didnt make 600 prototypes...lol.
  • dweiserdweiser Member Posts: 288
    I have an 03 Murano (2 rows of seats so not a fair comparison perhaps). I sat in an 05 Pathfinder and was surprised there was less room up front and in the 2nd row of seats. Didn't even attempt the 3rd row. Not picking on the Pathfinder, just an observation.
    any midsize 3-row truck will be that way...just geometry.
  • jgriffjgriff Member Posts: 362
    any midsize 3-row truck will be that way...just geometry.

Oh I agree, however I have to hand it to Honda with the Pilot, at least you can move the 2nd row forward & backwards to help find a happy medium.

With the PF you're stuck with the setup, and it just too tight even for small ones.

I don't have a big need for a 3rd row, however it nice if it is there (folded down) just in case.
  • barakoutiebarakoutie Member Posts: 4
    I purchased an 05 LE in December and now have 3,500 miles on it. I don't know how else to do this, so I'll list my pos and neg impressions on the experience thus far. Overall, positive. Hope it's helpful.

Engine: Powerful and fun, but thirsty and not as smooth as the engine on the 2003 Pilot we have. The engine idles a bit roughly and the exhaust/engine note is loud for such an upscale feeling (with the LE package) vehicle. Avg. MPG is about 14-15 mpg, the way I drive (car comes with digital odometer than can spit-out mpg figures). Did get 18-20 on a long highway stretch, as advertised, though.

Brakes: smooth and powerful, although they squeak annoyingly when I back down my driveway. Nissan dealer checked it out and, surprisingly, "could not replicate the problem".

Controls: very good, all around.

Dashboard: very good, all the right info, very readable. Like the amber-hughed backlighting.

Controls: generally very good, but the climate control functionality takes some getting used to. Also, temp control starts at 60 degrees and ends at 90 degrees. Goes in 1 degree increments except from 60, where it skips to 65. Guess what? Inevitably, you are too cold at 60 and too warm at 65. Honest. Can't dial it in just right.

Seats: same thing. Heated leather is nice, but I just can't seem to adjust the seats to my liking, comfort-wise. I'm 5'10" and 190lbs, but can't find the right combo of settings. Pilot seats were much better for me, fit-wise.

3rd Row Seat: smallish, but a God-send with two small children. An adult would shrivel up and die here, though. Very difficult to pull third-row seats, from stowed position, if you're standing at the back of the car. Nissan needs to add a pull-strap or something.

Carpets: cheap quality, surprisingly lame.

4WD System: flawless and auto is very good in snow. As good as my '92 Cherokee with Selectrack, which is a good system.

Internal noise levels: as noted, exhaust is loud. So are rear tires. Wind noise is fine.

Stereo: have the Bose 6-in-dash cd system. Works well, sounds good, easy to use controls on steering wheel, more than good enough for me.

Windshield washer: with -30 degree fluid, still freezes up when temps drop below 20 degrees F. Must have a very small dia line from the tank to the sprayers, but Nissan should investigate and fix.

Ride: taught and a bit truck-like, which is my preference. I did not want a hybrid SUV on a minivan chasis. Good feel for road, but truck shimmies surprisingly hard on washboard road surfaces. Also, I found the shocks felt like the bottomed out on bigger bumps with four passengers. I don't like that.

Interior panels: hard, cheap polystyrene plastic like I had on my abyssmal 1980 T-Bird. Again, surprising for a car of this quality. Within a few days, I noticed a crack in the hard plastic kickplate near the rear-hatch door jamb. It got worse with the cold weather and Nissan is replacing it.

Interior lighting: okay a pet peeve, but when I use the dealer-installed remote-start, the interior light dims out before I can get the key into the ignition switch, leaving me probing around in the dark with the key. At 6:20 am, I hate that.

Tranny: smooth as butter and awesomely seamless on shifts.

Fog/Running lights: can't turn them on unless the headlights are switched on. Don't know if this is typical, but I'd rather have the option of turning them on by themselves.

Overall impressions: Okay, the punchline. The truck is everything I want in an SUV. It's somewhat refined, but not girly, I mean, overly "soft" like the Pilot. The engine is the real deal and with the smooth 5-speed tranny and wonderful 4wd system, it's fun to drive. The handling, again, is fine, more trucklike than carlike. I have the champagne gold (they call it granite, but don't know what they were drinking) and the tan leather, a combo I always wanted. The car looks great and drives almost great. MPG is disappointing and the seats and heating a bit quirky. I drove all the competitors and no other SUV out there hit all my sweetspots as did the 05 Pathfinder. It's too soon (thankfully) to gauge it's reliability, but I'm optimistic. Anyway, I'm pleased with the car thus far and am happy with my purchase. Good luck and I hope this was helpful.
    glad to hear the great review. maybe a couple things to clarify might help:

"Goes in 1 degree increments except from 60, where it skips to 65."

almost every auto temp control in the industry does this.

"Very difficult to pull third-row seats, from stowed position, if you're standing at the back of the car."

the idea is that, if you need to raise the seats, you are most likely raising them for people to enter from the 2nd row. once you get some time under your belt with this 3rd row, you will see that you rarely RAISE the seat from the back.

BTW...the pilot is exactly the same.

"could not replicate the problem"

i find that, when i back down a 'downhill', that both my cars brakes squeak. when i back up on a level or uphill surface, they are fine...maybe its a problem, maybe not, but i wouldnt worry too much about it.
  • barakoutiebarakoutie Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, dbauer. I didn't realize it's typical for climate controls to go from 60-65 (never noticed before), but it's not the numerical jump that's annoying, it's the fact that it's hard to dial in a temp that works for me.

As for the 3rd row seats, I've almost always opened them from the back of the car. That may be because until recently we had car seats for the kids in the 2nd row and, thus, didn't ever enter the 3rd row from the 2nd. We always pull up the seats from the back and a small pull strap would do wonders from this position, for what it's worth. I'll have to compare the two cars when I get home, but from memory, the Pilot seats are easier to pull up from the back, again, for what it's worth. Same for the brakes; I don't notice the squeal with the Pilot. I'm just noting the noise because it's annoying in a new car (my '92 Jeep didn't do it either). But, like you, I'm not worried about it function-wise. Thanks again for the reply.
    the pilot 3rd row being easier to operate may have to do with your height. im rather short, and cant pull the pilot seats up from the back at all.
    The fog lights not coming on unless the headlamps are on is by law, not Nissan quirkiness. In fact, you can be ticketed for having fog lamps on without the headlamps, but only in North America. It the rest of the world, fog lamps are just that. They are used when it's foggy and headlamps would blind you due to reflection in the fog. So blame our governments, not Nissan.

In fact, a proper fog lamp setup has the two front lamps and a third rear lamp. The rear is very bright and red (to ensure you don't run into a car you can't see due to the fog). In that case, it's illegal to have the fogs on unless it's foggy as the rear lamp is, well, very bright. ;-)

As for the interior lights dimming too soon, my 2001 LE is ok that way, but I am unimpressed by the key lighting. When I lean over to see the key slot I shadow the interior light on the key switch. They need to install a key switch light like most cars have!
  • scotty1scotty1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I'm considering purchasing a 95 Nissan Pathfinder XE-V6. Vehicle is in great condition, clean engine and interior, original paint in excellent condition and power everything. Has 118,000 miles and may need exhaust soon (I saw sign of rotting) and will need tires within the year. Dealer is asking $4,000. I really like it and am considering taking it for a test drive. Was 95 a good year for the Pathfinder? Is this a good deal?

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Scott
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,504
    Based on my considerable experience with Nissan/Datsun, my present PF ('04) and reading a lot of stuff here and elsewhere, for $4K, you can't go wrong.

A set of tires & an exhuast is what -- $800? Three (well, two most of the time) car payments in today's world.

Buy it -- and hold it. You have to maintain it too, but for what a car payment (or worse yet, a lease payment) costs, you're way ahead.

Enjoy.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Time to buy tinfoil stock?

Steve, Host
  • jimatljimatl Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem with the CD player in my 2003 Pathfinder. It is the Clarion (Bose) 6 disc in-dash player. I had it replaced and the replacement is already skipping. My Nissan dealer told me that this is a chronic problem with these CD players. However, I spoke to Nissan and they do not yet admit the problem (nor have they issued a recall). My concern is that they keep replacing with the same model CD player that is apparently too sensitive to be in a car (or SUV) and that eventually I'm stuck with the bill as we are beyond the warranty period.

If we file these complaints with Nissan (1-800-NISSAN1), then eventually they will have to admit that there is a problem. I heard from a stereo dealer that Bose is investigating the problem, however that may not help those who already are stuck with the current malfunctioning model...
  • ancor71ancor71 Member Posts: 4
    A few weeks ago on a very cold winter morning I noticed that when I started my SUV the orange 4wd light came and stayed on. At the same time all the green lights on the 4 wheel icon turned off. I did not have it on auto 4wd or anything like that. Since then everytime I start my vechicle the rear tires on the icon light up as they should but then disappear when the orange 4wd light comes on. This usually happens after approximately 5-7 mins of driving. The orange light stays on until the vechicle is turned off.

I've disconnected my battery thinking I could reset the computer but still the orange light comes on. I'd rather get advice as to what is wrong before going to the dealer, I my last experience there wasn't a good one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
  • kittenbearkittenbear Member Posts: 2
    I am going to tow a 2000lbs trailer with my 2003 Pathfinder (4WD) from east coast to west coast. The planned trip is about 5-day/2500mi, 99% interstate highway. I had Uhaul class III tow hitch installed. But my SUV does not have an additional transmission cooler. The trailer does not have its own brake system. The total weight of the trailer should be around 2000lbs when loaded. I haven’t done towing a whole lot; maybe some folks here could share your experience.

1. Is long distance towing a threat to the longevity of my Pathfinder?

2. Should I install a transmission cooler? I prefer not to, and I won’t drive faster than 70mi/hour when towing.

3. Should I turn off over-drive all the time? When should I turn on/off O/D?

I appreciate your inputs. Once the trip is done, I'll follow-up my experience and how my pathfinder hold up.

k.b.
    Check out Towing tips for SUVs too.

Steve, Host
    1. not necessarily

2. not necessarily

3. not on the highway

give yourself extra distance for stopping, and extra distance for accelerating, and PLEASE stay in the right lane as much as you can.

also keep in mind that, if your engine gets hot, your xmission is as well...keep an eye on that when you go through the mountains.
  • lbinhlbinh Member Posts: 190
    IMHO,

Your 2003 will do fine. It is rated to tow 5000lbs. It already has a transmission cooler OEM. I towed with my 01LE pulling 4000lbs Uhaul (8'x12' I think, surge brakes included) very safely within Texas. Albeit, not as long as your distance but with half the weight I think you are good.

Just change your fluids (oil, ATF, diff.) before and after your trip. I use Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF and Castrol Synthetic blend 10w-30. Make sure you ATF is topped off. That will be the most stressed fluid on your trip.

Using O/D is fine. Turn off only when it fluctuates too frequently. i.e, going up steep hills. You prob won't even feel your trailer most of the time. You got plenty of torque.

Get used to towing a trailer, especially if the trailer does not have it's own brakes. Early braking and safe distance from vehicles ahead are essential.

If your rear end sags, try loading cargo area with as little weight as possible so it can support the tonque weight of trailer without rear end sag. Move heavy items to trailer if possible. Pathies rear end sags easily.

and...follow the UHaul towing manual they posted on their website.

Good luck!!
  • brian_zimbrian_zim Member Posts: 3
    I just bought a 2001 pathfinder LE, and less than 200 miles after buying it, it has the err2 problem. I looked into replacements, and nothing is available, since it is Bose. I spent most of the day doing research on it yesterday, and the best option I found was taking it to the dealer for repair. The quoted me at $150 to send it in and have it repaired. The service manager said it has a 12 month warranty after it is repaired, and they have never had a second problem after they are repaired. Does anyone know any more on this?
    Pathfinder keys. My 2001 pathfinder only came with 1 key. I have tried both a locksmith and the dealer, and they are both unable to program any more than 1 key for the vehicle. Has anybody elso heard of this?
  • calgaryphilcalgaryphil Member Posts: 17
    I have 2...came that way. 2001 PF LE. Same with my original 2000 PF LE.
  • pathalogicalpathalogical Member Posts: 34
    I also received two keys and two key fobs with my 03 PF. However, after a couple months of ownership, I was looking under the driver's seat, and guess what I found ? Another key !!! It looked identical to the ones I received. So, I tried it out. It unlocked the doors, turned on the accessories, but would NOT start the engine. So on my first visit to the dealership, I told them about this third key. They said it was a spare key, I said I have a second key. They said, oh well, just keep it. They were as surprised as I was. I'll have to pay if I want it programmed to start my engine, but I think this key was misplaced or lost when cars were being shipped & handled. Maybe someday I'll try this key in a large parking lot on two year old Nissans, who knows...I might win a car !!! hahahahaha
    The vehicle immobilizer can handle up to six keys as I recall (codes, actually). If your dealer can't figure out how to program, better find a real dealer who can! The dealer has to cut the key to fit the lock, then program the immobilizer to accept the chip in the key.

The key brian found has not been programmed into the immobilizer. It takes just a few minutes, and you should take all your keys in at the same time so if they bump one out of the computer they can put it back (when programming them the new key replaces the first one programmed once you exceed the number of keys possible (6).

Be aware a new key is not inexpensive! Last I heard they were upwards of $50.
  • tex5tex5 Member Posts: 1
    I got my Black Pathfinder LE on Saturday evening. Lovely SUV!! Sunday with the family in the vehicle, I too felt the rear bottom out. Quite often, as well. Even at highway speeds on undulating surfaces it would give you a sharp kick in the backside just going over shallow dips. Even one up, under acceleration the rear end really squats, the more you depress the accelerator, the more it squats. Maybe bad shocks or rear spring rates too low? Brake pedal also feels spongy. We have a 2003 Z and I hope the Pathfinder doesn't have the same teething problems - brake pad dust on wheels, failing front hubs, feathering front tires - alignment, spline 'pop' from the rear end, window guide grease streaking, paint chipping, windshield pitting, etc.
    You are right pathstar,

Keys have unique RFID and must be accepted into anti-theft system. I tried the program sequence with the dealer over the phone once and it was tricky. Almost got it to work. Had to ultimately come in to get it done. I will try to get the instructions from another web site and paste it here. I hope it still exists.

Ok, researched and it is a dealer thing to do. Not a DIYer job, See link below:

http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownership/Bulletins/Nissan/2003/NTB03- -031.htm

My bad, it was my key fob that dealer tried to help over the phone. RFID Keys need the dealer to program into system..
    Try the link below. I hope it fixes. Good luck.

http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownership/Common/CD%20Player%20Error%- 20Code.htm

Had to get mine exchanged under warranty.
  • 2fastdre2fastdre Member Posts: 59
    I have a 01 Pathy SE and tow a 3700lb boat+trailer. I took it on a trip of about 1200 miles last summer through Colorado and Utah. Switching the O/D off helps keep the transmission cooler. It's especially effective on medium sized hills because it prevents your transmission from "gear hunting" in overdrive. How do I know the transmission is cooler - I can literaly feel it by touching the lower part of the center console. :)

Diesels are awesome for towing, but in this country you have to move to full size vehicles to get diesel. And once you step up to a full size vehicle - the fuel savings of a diesel are much less because of the size of the vehicle. I would recommend the new 2005 Frontier pickup for occasional towing and daily driving (Especially the smaller KingCab version). The new Tacoma and Dakota are also good occasional towers for less than 6500 lbs. The new Frontier is rated for 6500 lbs max tow rating (it's for a basic KingCab 2x4 version).

2FastDre.
    Sorry, I guess I didn't type in enough info. My Pathfinder only came with one key, so I went to the dealer to get a new one, and they didn't have any in stock. I called a locksmith, who said he made keys for most of the area dealerships, and had all of the programming equipment to program RFID keys. He cut me one and programmed it for $50 (dealer quote was $80). The new key and the old key worked for about a day and then the original key stopped working. I went back to the locksmith, and he could only get one at a time to work. He even cut a third key, but still no luck. The next day I went to the dealer, and he charged me $40 to program all 3 (he also said he had know the locksmith for 10 years and that he was the best locksmith in the area). All 3 keys worked for about a day, and now just one works. I went back to the dealer, and he could only get one to work consistently. The dealer basically gave up. I am now out about $85, and still have only one key. Has anyone heard of similar problems?
  • kris2kris2 Member Posts: 51
    Hi

I have a 2001 Pathfinder LE with AWD with 49k miles on it. I recently had the brakes done at the dealer. Immediately after that I noticed the steering wheel feels jittery and vibrates more than usual when I hit 65-70 mph. Its not consistent so I am not sure if I can replicate that but it does happen 3 out of 5 times when I start out to work. Once on the road even if I slow down to 55 and come back to 70 I cannot replicate it all the times. Has anyone had similar problems ? Would highly appreciate your response.
  • kris2kris2 Member Posts: 51
    Got some help from the other posts....

-----

If a 1999.5-2001 Pathfinder exhibits steering

and/or body vibration while driven (without

braking) at speeds between 60 and 70 MPH, the

cause(s) may be:

- Road input (road surface imperfections)

- Out-of-balance front or rear tires/wheels

- Insufficient steering rack sliding force

adjustment

- Tire flat spotting

- Excessive tire Radial Force Variations (RFV)

The last part (RFV) is where they look to index or

match balance your tires and if that still doesn't

work, they replace your tires.

-----------

Thanks for posting this.
  • joedeljoedel Member Posts: 2
    I RECENTLY PURCHASED A 2005 XE,SO FAR SO GOOD EXCEPT FOR THE NOISE COMING FROM EITHER THE DASH OR THE PILLAR. IT HAS A VIBRATING/RATTLING NOISE.

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM. IS IT A WARRANTY ISSUE?
  • exoman1exoman1 Member Posts: 12
    Joedel:

I'm looking to purchase an XE in the next weeks. Care to share pricing/options?
  • joedeljoedel Member Posts: 2
    I PAID @$26,000. IT HAS AIR BAG OPTION. JUST THE BASIC ITEMS. BOUGHT IT IN DEC. WHEN SALES WERE SLOW AT DEALERSHIPS. THERE WAS NO INCENTIVES AS THIS IS A NEW SUV. GOT A GOOD FINANCE RATE. DID NOT LET DEALER STRONGARM ME WITH TYPICAL TACTICS. GO IN WITH AN ARRAY OF RESEARCH AND ATTITUDE.
  • exoman1exoman1 Member Posts: 12
    Thanks joedel. Did you get the 3rd seat? In my estimation, that's a lot of SUV for $26,000! Thanks again....
  • keeferbkeeferb Member Posts: 81
    The 3rd row is standard on all trim levels. To me the '05 PF is one of the best values in the midsize class.
  • jomosijomosi Member Posts: 1
    I recieved a 1994 Pathfinder LE from my sister. She blew the engine in it and bought a new one from Nissan. She never had it put in so she gave it to me. After sometime I put the new engine in it. Things a running great on the engine side, but the transmission slips and it is warmed up. I added some fluid to it, but the prblem is still there. It delays and slips to the point that it won't move. Anybody have an idea what it could be? It's an automatic and four wheel drive. Could it still be low on fluid?
  • jbates99jbates99 Member Posts: 9
    hi folks,

I recently bought a 1999 SE Ltd - has the Bose stereo which has good sound.... but

I may have overlooked it, but I cant find a way to make a CD song repeat. And there's no button that will advance to the next song.

Even my 98 Camry had those features.
    Does anyone know ?

Other than that, I love my 99 PF.

Thanks, John
  • jiaminjiamin Member Posts: 556
    PROG (Program):
    When the PROG button is pushed while the
    compact disc is being played, the play pattern
    will change as follows:
    no mark: All the programs will be played
    repeatedly in sequence.
    1: Only one program (the one being played
    when the PROG button is pushed) will be
    repeated.
    RANDOM: Programs will be played at random,
    not following the sequence on the compact
    disc. The same program may be repeated
    twice.
    When the compact disc is ejected, the
    play pattern will automatically change to No Mark...

---------------------
    The above is from the 99 Path manual I downloaded a while back. Hope it'll be a little help.
  • gjaugiegjaugie Member Posts: 6
    I was able to isolate the dash rattle to the A pillar on the right side where the lower screw of the handle attaches. If you push on that area of the A pillar trim near the window while someone else is driving (or even when it's parked) you can find when it goes away. Trying to stop it is harder. I tried stuffing kleenex and rubber stripping in between the windshield and the trim piece and it stopped it for awhile, but it came back. I also tried taking the handle off and stuffing things in there and it seemed to reduce the frequency of the rattle. I think it has to do with the lower screw bracket of the handle mounted on the A pillar. I think it also happens on the left side but it's hard to hear it while driving. If you are willing to stuff rubber in between the window and the trim piece you might get it to stop.
    Thanks so much jiamin !.

Other car players have always had a 'RPT/Repeat' button - I didn't even think about trying the Program button.
    I just now tried PROG - It worked.

Cool. John
    Hi PathFinders,

Can you just wash these fabric floor mats on gentle cycle in a washing machine ?

How do you clean yours ?

Thanks, John
    It's important to get the sand/fine gravel out of the pile first as it will cut it underneath. That can be done by beating them while they are upside down, and also by flexing them - hold the matt upside down with one side in each hand - bring the sides together (forming a tight "U") - alternatly move each side up and down. This will open the pile and allow any sand and fine gravel to fall out.

I then lay them flat on my deck, get them wet with warm water, sprinkle laundery detergent on them and scrub with a stiff bristle brush. Hose them off well (easiest when they are hung vertically), let them dry vertically so they can drip properly, and I'm done. Not sure putting them in a machine is a good idea as they will be folded/bent and beaten with force and that may abrade the stitching or damage the backing.
    I put mine in the washing machine on a regular cycle (after shaking them off). It worked better back when I had a front loader that didn't have an agitator.

Steve, Host
    Thanks Steve and pathstar1.

I beat the mat, then poured a mixture of water and detergent on the carpet side. Scrubbed it with a brush intensely.

Poured water over it to rinse.

Then put it in a dryer on low heat. Hanging outside to dry would be better but it is raining today.

This worked out well, but I agree that using a washer or dryer several times will destroy the mat.
    Now I'll wrap some sturdy clear plastic around the driver's side mat to protect it.

Thanks, John
  • bksanzbksanz Member Posts: 3
    I was getting "spark knock" noises when accelerating (@about2100RPMs). Nissan checked their "techline", and informed me that there is an inherent intake manifold problem.

The intake manifold was relaced, however, the noise still exsists.

The gas mileage is a horror, and I consider the engine noise to be inordinate (for a new SUV).

I am not happy at all.
    Multitalented But Flawed

Full Test: 2005 Nissan Pathfinder (Inside Line)

Steve, Host