Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Acura RDX Lease Questions

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
edited April 2015 in Acura

Welcome to the Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2015 Acura RDX leasing questions. (To talk about leasing details for the 2016 RDX, please visit the 2016 Acura RDX Lease Questions forum.)

Here you can find and discuss all the latest lease details for the 2015 RDX, including cap costs, money factors, residual values, acquisition fees, etc. Please post the trim you are shopping, the MSRP, the selling price, any fees and your location (since leases sometimes vary by region).

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on our 2015 Acura RDX page.

To see all forums discussions about the Acura RDX, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Acura RDX discussions.

Comments

• cesarcoralcesarcoral Member Posts: 5

Just signed this deal and I hope it is good:

2015 RDX AWD base
    36/10,000 miles
    $399.00/month
    $2794.00 due at signing

Here is the Break Down:
    $1,080 Tax
    $595 Bank Fee
    $399 1st Month payment
    $398 Doc Fee
    $322 Plates and Reg
    $2,794 Total Taxes and Fees.

Selling price: $34,468

So this the first time I've ever leased and I was shocked when I saw the amount of interest you pay. I had the formula and for some reason, just concentrated on the money factor of .00160. That is 3.84%, so I kept thinking that is what I am paying, until I saw the number on the document. The residual is 63%, so 37,190 * .63 is 23,429.70, the sales price was 34,468, so I'm using 11,038.30 over 36 months. Divide that by 36 and it is 306.62. The payment is $399.00, so I'm paying $92.38 per month in interest, that is $3,325.70 in interest in 3 years. A whopping 30%.

No kidding:

The most common form of leasing seen today is automobile leasing. This is not because leasing a car is cheaper than buying one – on the contrary, overall it's more expensive. But auto leasing has two principal benefits that make it very popular despite the expense: You can always drive a fairly new car, and it's always under warranty; and, for the same budget, you can often get a larger, more luxurious, better-equipped car.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725

You assume you are paying interest on only the depreciation portion of the lease, but that is incorrect. The bank that you are renting the car from buys it from the dealership. When they rent it to you, you are basically financing the car over the three years that you have it. You are borrowing the purchase price (or CAP cost).. The interest you calculated at 3.84% is correct. After all, you rented the whole car... ;-)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for the clarification! You're right, I was assuming I was paying interest on the depreciation only. I know a lot of people lease but I wonder if people were told they would be paying 30% interest if they would still consider it. A tight wad like me would wait a little longer to save up more money and buy it out right. We plan on buying the car if it's as reliable as our past Honda products and would have saved some money just buying it now. Of course, we would need to come up with $17,000 down to get to $399/month, so I see the benefit of leasing just shocking at first. Live and learn.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited July 2014

I've never leased. Other than some beaters in the early 80s, I'm on my fifth car since '82 and the shortest time I owned one was 10 years.

Talk about boring. :D

@stever said:
    I've never leased. Other than some beaters in the early 80s, I'm on my fifth car since '82 and the shortest time I owned one was 10 years.

Talk about boring. :D

You might be in the wrong discussion.. B)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited July 2014

I seem to gravitate to discussions where posters like @cesarcoral‌ say stuff like "A tight wad like me would wait a little longer to save up more money and buy it out right."

But it's a good chance to remind people who intend to lease that they need to consider the selling price of the car, just like buyers do.

• bender63bender63 Member Posts: 8

I am interested in leasing a 2015 rdx awd with tech package for 36 mos. & 15k mi per year. What is the current residual and mf? Thanks!

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 239,555

@bender63 said:
    I am interested in leasing a 2015 rdx awd with tech package for 36 mos. & 15k mi per year. What is the current residual and mf? Thanks!

57% and .00160. $750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• anguillaanguilla Member Posts: 56

Can we please reconfirm these numbers from Michaell's August 3rd posting: 57% and .00160. $750 lease cash for the 2015 AWD RDX with Tech package and 15K miles for 3 years? I only see the $750 lease cash for military veterans, when I do the investigation. Please advise if all of these numbers still pertain.

Also, please let me know when the these rates will expire and if things typically get better after Labor Day.

Thanks for your advice.

@anguilla said:
    Can we please reconfirm these numbers from Michaell's August 3rd posting: 57% and .00160. $750 lease cash for the 2015 AWD RDX with Tech package and 15K miles for 3 years? I only see the $750 lease cash for military veterans, when I do the investigation. Please advise if all of these numbers still pertain.

Also, please let me know when the these rates will expire and if things typically get better after Labor Day.

Thanks for your advice.

Confirm 57% for RDX AWD with tech for 36/15. Confirm .00160 MF. Lease cash is only available on 2014 MY - my apologies.

Current numbers expire 9/2/14. Magic 8-ball doesn't have any insight as to what will happen after that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Thanks Michaell. Are these numbers you quote for the 2015, except for the Lease Cash? Finally, are the residual and money factor numbers consistent anywhere in the US?

Those are the 2015 numbers.. Should be nationwide.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nickw44nickw44 Member Posts: 15

Hi could I get some numbers on MF/Residual on:

2015 AWD with tech 36m/10K & 36m/12K
    2015 AWD without tech 36m / 10K & 36m / 12K

Any conquest cash?

thanks

@nickw44 said:
    Hi could I get some numbers on MF/Residual on:

2015 AWD with tech 36m/10K & 36m/12K
    2015 AWD without tech 36m / 10K & 36m / 12K

Any conquest cash?

thanks

with Tech - 62%

w/o Tech - 59%

Add 1% for 10K.

MF is .00160. $750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• elvikarelvikar Member Posts: 9

Hi, can i please get number for RDX 2014 AWD without and with tech package, 36 mnths, 10K miles. Any incentives? Plus I have graduated within 2 years from college, can I combine both (if any)? Thnx

@elvikar said:
    Hi, can i please get number for RDX 2014 AWD without and with tech package, 36 mnths, 10K miles. Any incentives? Plus I have graduated within 2 years from college, can I combine both (if any)? Thnx

RDX AWD - 63%

RDX AWD Tech - 60%

I don't have a MF for the 2014 RDX; assume standard MF of approximately .00200. $750 "inventory payout" for 2014 RDX.

Use the 'car research' tab at the top of the page to link to any other available incentives.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• elvikarelvikar Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2014

@Michaell said:
    Use the 'car research' tab at the top of the page to link to any other available incentives.

Thank you Michaell!

• c300guyc300guy Member Posts: 11
    Michaell, what's the current numbers for:
    2015 AWD RDX with Tech 36 months / 10k miles ?
    c300guy said:

Michaell, what's the current numbers for:
    2015 AWD RDX with Tech 36 months / 10k miles ?

MF is .00111 or .00160, depending on state of residence.

Residual is 60%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks. State is Washington. Earlier in the thread, it looked like residual was 63%.
    (with Tech - 62%
    w/o Tech - 59%
    Add 1% for 10K.)
    c300guy said:

Thanks. State is Washington. Earlier in the thread, it looked like residual was 63%.
    (with Tech - 62%
    w/o Tech - 59%
    Add 1% for 10K.)

.00160 MF for WA

Besides those numbers being swapped (Tech is almost always lower), a new program comes out just about every month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

My sales person at the less than reputable Acura dealership just quoted me 57% residual on AWD Tech. package. Do I tell him to pound sand? or are these numbers changing frequently?
    c300guy said:

My sales person at the less than reputable Acura dealership just quoted me 57% residual on AWD Tech. package. Do I tell him to pound sand? or are these numbers changing frequently?

2015 Acura RDX AWD w/Tech is 57% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr.
    60% for 36mo, 10K/yr.

Dealers can't change residuals. They won't be able to write a lease with any other number.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Went to the other Acura dealership in town. Called\emailed them first. They quoted me 63% residual on AWD Tech RDX, and .00154 MF. I said that didn't sound right, they claimed the numbers were right from Acura, i expressed my feelings again that this wasn't right, as per the other dealership and Edmunds. They claimed it was truth and gave me final numbers. I went down there, they said "oops, we had the numbers wrong, here are the right numbers".

Word to the list - the numbers on this board reflect reality, i really appreciate the moderators that post them here. don't let a dealer tell you otherwise!
  • eurocarlov1eurocarlov1 Member Posts: 61
    Hi all. Can someone please provide October residual and MF for 2015 RDX AWD w/ Tech? Thanks very much!

Hi all. Can someone please provide October residual and MF for 2015 RDX AWD w/ Tech? Thanks very much!

.00111 or .00160 MF, depending on state. 57% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Looking for a 2015 RDX AWD with Tech package. 36 month lease with 15k/year.There are a few dealers in nearby states that have good discounts off of MSRP. What is the money factor and residual in each of these states for October and how long are these rates typically valid for?

NJ
    MD
    VA
    PA
    NY
    anguilla said:

Looking for a 2015 RDX AWD with Tech package. 36 month lease with 15k/year.There are a few dealers in nearby states that have good discounts off of MSRP. What is the money factor and residual in each of these states for October and how long are these rates typically valid for?

NJ
    MD
    VA
    PA
    NY

Answered in the other thread.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cbarshcbarsh Member Posts: 2
    Looking for a base model front wheel drive. How good are the two factory offers? $430month $0 drive off and $379 month $1999 drive off. How much better can expect to do with So Cal dealers? Or go with one of these offers?
    cbarsh said:

Looking for a base model front wheel drive. How good are the two factory offers? $430month $0 drive off and $379 month $1999 drive off. How much better can expect to do with So Cal dealers? Or go with one of these offers?

Not enough information ... we need to know the MSRP, negotiated selling price and the lease term / miles per year.

36/15 residual for base FWD is 60% and the base MF is .00111.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• pioneropionero Member Posts: 6
    Hello. Looking at 2015 RDX w/ FWD, no tech package. Only paying tax, title, license upfront on 36 month/10k lease. Two places I contacted in NJ initially offered $400/month. I feel this is much too high. What's the lowest price per month I can try to get? Thank you.
    pionero said:

Hello. Looking at 2015 RDX w/ FWD, no tech package. Only paying tax, title, license upfront on 36 month/10k lease. Two places I contacted in NJ initially offered $400/month. I feel this is much too high. What's the lowest price per month I can try to get? Thank you.

Hard to say .. we would need to know the MSRP and selling price in order to model a payment.

MF is .00111 and 36/10 residual is 63% for FWD Base.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• pioneropionero Member Posts: 6
    Michaell said:
    Hard to say .. we would need to know the MSRP and selling price in order to model a payment. MF is .00111 and 36/10 residual is 63% for FWD Base.

MSRP $35,990. Selling 34,995. 

Thanks. 

pionero said:

Michaell said:

pionero said:

Hard to say .. we would need to know the MSRP and selling price in order to model a payment.

MF is .00111 and 36/10 residual is 63% for FWD Base.

MSRP $35,990. Selling 34,995. 

Thanks. 

With your MSRP and selling price, I get a pre-tax payment of $406.27/mo for 36 months. Your offer looks pretty strong.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jlr434jlr434 Member Posts: 25
    I'm looking for the October MF & RV for a 2015 Acura RDX with Tech Pkg. for the state of Illinois. Are their conquest dollars available? And, any idea what November numbers might be? Thank you!
    jlr434 said:

I'm looking for the October MF & RV for a 2015 Acura RDX with Tech Pkg. for the state of Illinois. Are their conquest dollars available? And, any idea what November numbers might be? Thank you!

What lease term and miles per year?

Leasing in Illinois will be very expensive as the entire purchase price is subject to sales tax. That law is changing on 1/1/15.

No idea what the numbers for November will look like.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jlr434jlr434 Member Posts: 25
    Sorry I didn't include lease terms.....36 mo/15 K.

We've been leasing cars for 20 years. So grateful to have these leasing forums now. This information is invaluable!

I heard leasing rules were changing for Il in 2015. Current lease on Acura TL ends 11/3/14 so trying to figure out if we should lease now or try and wait til 1/15.
    jlr434 said:

Sorry I didn't include lease terms.....36 mo/15 K.

We've been leasing cars for 20 years. So grateful to have these leasing forums now. This information is invaluable!

I heard leasing rules were changing for Il in 2015. Current lease on Acura TL ends 11/3/14 so trying to figure out if we should lease now or try and wait til 1/15.

If you can wait, I would recommend it. As of 1/1/15, only the monthly payment will be subject to sales tax, not the entire purchase amount of the vehicle. Should bring down the payment by $40-50 a month, give or take.

RDX SH-AWD Tech residual is 57% for 36/15. MF is .00111.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bobsparrowbobsparrow Member Posts: 38
    Hi!

Looking for the MF and Residual on a 2015 RDX AWD with Tech Package
    36/12K NY

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

Looking for the MF and Residual on a 2015 RDX AWD with Tech Package
    36/12K NY

Thanks in advance!

RDX AWD Tech - 62% and .00111

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• straightdopestraightdope Member Posts: 62
    HEY-SHOP AROUND YOU CAN BEAT THE NATIONAL $430, $0 DRIVE OFF LEASE OFFER ON A 2015 ACURA RDX BASE. Every Southern Calif dealer I contacted beat it upon asking, but the price varied considerably, and the best was $390/month with 0 due at signing.
    Here is my October deal with an LA area which was matched by two other dealers (in Ventura Cty, other in Orange Cty).
    RDX Base MSRP $35,990
    PRICE: $33,836
    RV: $22673
    MF.00111
    Net CapCost: 34431 ((Acq Fee $595) Dealer paid DMV fees & first payment of 900)
    Payments: $390/month + sales tax for 36 months, 10k miles year. $0 Drive offs, $0 cash out of pocket at signing, so 35 payments x 390 = $13,650 total cost plus $350 lease end/disposition fee.

Hope this helps.
  • overthisoverthis Member Posts: 11
    Looking at a lease on a 2015 Acura RDX AWD w/Nav MSRP 40,890. Being quoted $3k down $478 per month including tax PA(9%). Spec sheet has acquisition at $595 and $289.55 in fees. They are pushing due to end of month...I am in no hurry :) Thoughts?
    overthis said:

Looking at a lease on a 2015 Acura RDX AWD w/Nav MSRP 40,890. Being quoted $3k down $478 per month including tax PA(9%). Spec sheet has acquisition at $595 and $289.55 in fees. They are pushing due to end of month...I am in no hurry :) Thoughts?

What is the selling price? Lease term and miles per year?

How much (if any) of the $3K due at signing is for cap cost reduction?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

overthis said:

What is the selling price? Lease term and miles per year?

How much (if any) of the $3K due at signing is for cap cost reduction?
    Selling price 38,892 36 month 12k/miles $2048.50 cap reduction
    overthis said:

Looking at a lease on a 2015 Acura RDX AWD w/Nav MSRP 40,890. Selling price 38,892 36 month 12k/miles $2048.50 cap reduction. Being quoted $3k down $478 per month including tax PA(9%). Spec sheet has acquisition at $595 and $289.55 in fees. They are pushing due to end of month...I am in no hurry :) Thoughts?

First, we don't recommend any sort of cap reduction on a lease ... if the car is stolen or totaled, you are out that money.

Does this car have the tech package? I have two residuals for the RDX AWD - 62% for base and 59% for tech.

MF is .00111. Using the 59% residual, I get a pre-tax payment of $480.14/mo for 36 months. 9% tax takes the payment of $523.35/mo.

Down payment saves you approximately $28/mo for every $1000 down.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

overthis said:

Looking at a lease on a 2015 Acura RDX AWD w/Nav MSRP 40,890. Selling price 38,892 36 month 12k/miles $2048.50 cap reduction. Being quoted $3k down $478 per month including tax PA(9%). Spec sheet has acquisition at $595 and $289.55 in fees. They are pushing due to end of month...I am in no hurry :) Thoughts?

First, we don't recommend any sort of cap reduction on a lease ... if the car is stolen or totaled, you are out that money.

Does this car have the tech package? I have two residuals for the RDX AWD - 62% for base and 59% for tech.

MF is .00111. Using the 59% residual, I get a pre-tax payment of $480.14/mo for 36 months. 9% tax takes the payment of $523.35/mo.

Down payment saves you approximately $28/mo for every $1000 down.

It is tech package and they are using 59% residual and .00111 MF. I do not usually put money down on a lease either. Seems like I can do a little better. Thanks!
  • heard006heard006 Member Posts: 49
    I am looking for: 2015 RDX AWD w/Tech 36/10 and also the FWD with Tech 36/12 for Washington state. Also, if I change to 39/10, does that change the MF & Residual? Thanks!
    heard006 said:

I am looking for: 2015 RDX AWD w/Tech 36/10 and also the FWD with Tech 36/12 for Washington state. Also, if I change to 39/10, does that change the MF & Residual? Thanks!

.00150 MF and 60% residual for 36 mo, 10K/yr. Subtract 1% for 12K/yr. Subtract 2% for 39 months.. either model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator