Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Inconsiderate Drivers (share your stories, etc.)

Comments

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    INCONSIDERATE Sheriff:

I went by a SD County Sheriff last Friday at exactly 10 over because no one in CA is pulled over for 10 over on an Interstate Highway by the CHP, which has traffic jurisdiction, whereas the Sheriff's do not as far as I know. There was a staggered arrangement of clustered cars in very light traffic as there was a left and middle lane camper causing the cluster, but they were spaced just enough apart momentarily. Slow moving Sheriff in right lane (3-lanes wide here).

I move to the left, as there's just enough room to safely pass everyone as a long uphill incline is about to start, and I don't want to get stuck behind the slow moving campers, so I maintain my 10 over speed and pass everyone safely before the incline slows everyone down further (perfect weather and traffic conditions making high speed perfectly safe). Had I slowed down, I would have been trapped behind.

Sheriff pulls me over says I was going 10 over and missing my front license plate. I tell him the CHP already got me for that, and I'm well within my time limits for handling it. He asks if I have a copy of the ticket, and I do not have it in the vehicle, it's at home in my "TO DO Pile."

He issues me a ticket for the license plate missing up front, and says unfortunately he's been lied to before, so he has to issue the ticket for the same offense I've already been cited for.

He then states he's on narcotics duty. He requests permission to look in the trunk. At first I was going to deny, especially since I was going on vacation to AZ (nice roads) so my trunk was full of stuff and I was worried that the 20 minutes that were already wasted would be increased. Also, I don't believe either of his stated excuses for pulling me over and wasting our time was probable cause for drugs. I asked if it would be quick, and he said it would only take a couple seconds, and I said OK against my better judgment since at least he was polite (other than writing a ticket), and opened the trunk. Within 2 seconds he shuts the trunk, keeps his word, and says I can leave.

So now I have to send the Sheriff's proof of my old ticket demanding dismissal of the duplicate charges, or I suppose I'll threaten to have to fight them both in court for double jeopardy. No way I'll voluntarily pay the administrative fine twice for a fix-it ticket for the exact same thing. With my luck I'll find a judge that thinks you can be ticketed every time you start the car without a front license plate, but you should have a reasonable time frame to correct the situation.

What a waste, 10 over! WASTE, front license plate, WASTE, drug war, WASTE! 20 Minutes and counting..... depending on administrative/court fight they are willing to be in for......hopefully a letter with copies suffices.

I'm getting tired of having my time wasted by law enforcement; especially when he doesn't even have traffic duty jurisdiction!!!!

'15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    edited April 2015
    wow, a3, that's quite the story.
    let's crowdfund a project to buy you a front license plate bracket and a DRILL!. we will call it the front license plate challenge and you will install the plate while dumping ice water on your head, and contributing $100 to your favorite charity.

btw, by consenting to the 'quick trunk look', probably by definition you also consented to search/opening everything/anything in the car. and thank you for re-verifying that sheriff/deputies have traffic jurisdiction anywhere in their county! happy/safe/detention-free travels...
  • euphoniumeuphonium Member Posts: 3,425
    If you are the average driver in CA, what fact makes you too important to not heed the speed limit. It doesn't take long to affix a license plate, so what's your problem?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    @andres3, just how many traffic stops have you had now?
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    fintail said:

Accident, as far as I have heard.

It's pretty close to where I live, I walked by there earlier today, after checking out the hilariously inconsiderate job the city allowed regarding planning the new Chik-Fil-A here - a fail of epic proportions that raises serious questions to me about how it got approved. But that's something for another posting.

The Ford dealership is a total loss - it uses one large building, which is gutted. Numerous cars outside were lost, and I suspect everything in the building is gone.

This is the showroom area:

Wow, I've been in that store and this is horrible.

Hopefully they can rebuild. so many lives affected!
  • ruking1ruking1 Member Posts: 19,826
    edited April 2015
    Fintail,

For as bad as you say it is, up in your neck of the woods, when are you going to capture something like this? :D;)B)

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/s/road-rage-camaro-hole-wrecks-himself-big-rig-152600490.html

Allegedly, the owner of the dash camera got the unit a couple of days before.
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,092
    No front plate? Sorry , you should know better - that more or less makes you a target for a bored quota-seeker. I agree about arbitrary and underposted limits, and the bottomless pit make work project known as the "war on drugs" mocked by many the world over, but the plate laws are known and easy. Replace the plate, and I bet you'll be able to speed more successfully. And please signal :)
    I heard on TV the employees will be paid during the rebuilding process - no doubt it will be rebuilt, it seems like a busy place, and it is a prime spot. Autonation can afford it too, with their local monopoly.

Wow, I've been in that store and this is horrible.

Hopefully they can rebuild. so many lives affected!

Nah, people here are passive-aggressive rather than plain aggressive. I can't imagine many here passing on the shoulder. The pacing the vehicle beside you thing happens, though, probably subconsciously.
    ruking1 said:

Fintail,

For as bad as you say it is, up in your neck of the woods, when are you going to capture something like this? :D;)B)

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/s/road-rage-camaro-hole-wrecks-himself-big-rig-152600490.html

So you got a dash camera to capture passive aggressive behavior ! ? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. :'(
  • jjackson12jjackson12 Member Posts: 46
    andres3 said:

INCONSIDERATE Sheriff:
    He issues me a ticket for the license plate missing up front, and says unfortunately he's been lied to before, so he has to issue the ticket for the same offense I've already been cited for.
    I'm getting tired of having my time wasted by law enforcement; especially when he doesn't even have traffic duty jurisdiction!!!!

copied from Entry Level Performance Sedans, March 2014
    andres3 said:

To find the humorous side of my recent situation, I "uninstalled" my front license plate holder on my new S4. Left the 4 little screw holes there just in case. If it was on there, I imagine my accident would have caused another .25 man hours of work to repair, as they need to remove and replace the front bumper and grill. I will make sure they make my 4 guide holes though; just in case the CHP forces my hand some day.

Where do I even start?

You go over the limit and get a ticket then you complain.

You take your front plate off, get a ticket, get another ticket, complain.

Reading back in this forum, you seem to spend a lot of time fighting tickets. You're always the victim. The bad cops have nothing better to do than to pick on you. You weren't even doing anything wrong. Their equipment wasn't working. The laws are illegal.

I think it's time to man up and take responsibility for your actions. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time!
    Where did I say that? Read :)

I got it to capture oblivious idiots, to be a safeguard in case of an incident where the investigators get it wrong, to capture scenic drives and cool car sightings. But what I mostly capture are the slow and timid, which are the majority here. Want to see the woman in a Lexus RX going 5 under with a two handed deathgrip on the wheel? Or the constant presence of non-signalers and phone holders that the professionals refuse to enforce? Not very exciting.

ruking1 said:

So you got a dash camera to capture passive aggressive behavior ! ? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. :'(

edited April 2015
    fintail said:

Where did I say that? Read :)

I got it to capture oblivious idiots, to be a safeguard in case of an incident where the investigators get it wrong, to capture scenic drives and cool car sightings. But what I mostly capture are the slow and timid, which are the majority here. Want to see the woman in a Lexus RX going 5 under with a two handed deathgrip on the wheel? Or the constant presence of non-signalers and phone holders that the professionals refuse to enforce? Not very exciting.

ruking1 said:

I responded to YOUR post ! Seems you also agreed with me: ..."zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"..., YOU: ..."Not very exciting. "...

"Nah, people here are passive-aggressive rather than plain aggressive. I can't imagine many here passing on the shoulder. The pacing the vehicle beside you thing happens, though, probably subconsciously. "...

So, you capture the slow and timid? How? By going slower and behind them ? That, defacto makes YOU part of the problem !

You are going going to capture ladies in RX's going 5 under? (which is PERFECTLY legal by the way) and capture a two fisted death grip???? Good luck with that !!!

Maybe you need to reread to remember what YOU post/ed. :p
  • fezofezo Member Posts: 10,384
    You wouldn't call me passive aggressive if you knew how much it hurt....
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
  • hammerheadhammerhead Member Posts: 907
    fintail said:

Yep, it's a great area for driving. Dayton is actually the area where I'd be headed, I assume the place you mention is "Skye". Pretty area with soothing landscapes, but not a lot of opportunity for younger people unless public sector, or going into a family business or farm. I could see it as a nice place to retire.

I encountered a considerate driver today - Lexus Landcruiser motioned to me and told me a brake light was out (in the fintail, no idiot lights for this). Only had to honk once today, to wake up a distracted Lexus RX driver at a green light. Nothing too bad out there, typical lack of turn signals, many slow drivers - Prius dorks especially, a few fast ones.

fintail said:

There's a brew pub (with great pizza too!) in Dayton, well worth the stop, right on the way to Palouse Falls. Some great drives in those parts.

It's the one with the firehouse theme. The name escapes me. Would be on the right hand side if you're coming from Walla Walla. Fabulous pizza.

• eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    edited May 2015
    insane drivers on highway yesterday. long sweeping highway turn, tighter radius than new interstate codes allow, a partially blind turn where lanes merge from 4 to 3. speed limit 55, 3 nobody in a hurry, i meander into very empty left lane in my 400 hp GTO, all traffic reasonably above speed limit. i was totally MMOB: Minding my own business.

2 cars overtake in left/middle lanes, apparently racing and/or roadraging , approaching at 90 or 100, then tailgating me and the middle-lane-people. no room for me to merge right, and i sure didn't want to race, so i began signalling right. i signalled for multiple seconds to move right, to allow the very-fast left-lane driver/racer to pass me.
    To prevent my merge, middle-lane-racer-guy tailgates car in middle lane insanely and refuses to let me merge into middle even after my looong signalling right, apparently because that would let the left-lane-racer get ahead. it was very insane - he drove next to me to block me out - we were both tailgating - traffic was packed, on a tight highway turn, 4 lanes merging to 3! I was trying to get the heck out of the way of the crazies, all the other drivers could see that. So all other traffic backed off at that point, even the less-crazy of the racer/ragers. and i returned to left lane, accelerated around 2 cars in front of the crazier/middle-lane-racer, and I merged to middle lane, then to right lane, and let the crazy driver pass. license plate 170 8108, NH plate, black vw passat or jetta. male driver. after he passed i watched him tailgate other drivers insanely close in left lane. i was *this close* to calling the state cops and reporting him, but didn't.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    This has happened to me TWICE in the past month!

I'm sitting at a light waiting to make a left turn when the green arrow comes on. I happen to notice
    that the car in the lane to the right of me has it's left blinker on. Of course they aren't in a left turn lane!

So I get the arrow and, sure enough the other car takes off with no lane to turn into! I lean on the horn
    and back off quickly so the other car can squeeze in. Naturally, the car behind me has to break hard to avoid
    rear ending me! WHERE ARE THE COPS WHEN WE NEED ONE??
    Now that would be something for a dash cam. Rather than just calling the cops, who probably won't do anything anyway, put it on youtube and let the public shaming commence ;)
    elias said:

insane drivers on highway yesterday. i was *this close* to calling the state cops and reporting him, but didn't.

A turn signal is harder to believe than a non-turn-lane turner around here, sometimes.

Had a couple cars blindly pull in front of me today, I guess the shiny silver car with LED DRLs is hard to see. The fintail gets it even more. I guess they are both hard to see if you really don't look.

This has happened to me TWICE in the past month!

I'm sitting at a light waiting to make a left turn when the green arrow comes on. I happen to notice
    that the car in the lane to the right of me has it's left blinker on. Of course they aren't in a left turn lane!

So I get the arrow and, sure enough the other car takes off with no lane to turn into! I lean on the horn
    and back off quickly so the other car can squeeze in. Naturally, the car behind me has to break hard to avoid
    rear ending me! WHERE ARE THE COPS WHEN WE NEED ONE??

euphonium said:

If you are the average driver in CA, what fact makes you too important to not heed the speed limit. It doesn't take long to affix a license plate, so what's your problem?

It's hard when an idiot Lexus driver crashes into your car and the pre-drilled 4 holes you need for guidance are no longer there since your front end was replaced by the too boneheaded to care at all body shop.

Now I need to go back to the body shop and remind them my old front bumper had 4-pre-drilled holes centered and correctly located on the vehicle. I don't want to have to "survey" because I'm picky and might notice if I'm 1 or 2 mm off the middle.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion

andres3 said:

INCONSIDERATE Sheriff:

copied from Entry Level Performance Sedans, March 2014
    andres3 said:

To find the humorous side of my recent situation, I "uninstalled" my front license plate holder on my new S4. Left the 4 little screw holes there just in case. If it was on there, I imagine my accident would have caused another .25 man hours of work to repair, as they need to remove and replace the front bumper and grill. I will make sure they make my 4 guide holes though; just in case the CHP forces my hand some day.

Where do I even start?

You go over the limit and get a ticket then you complain.

You take your front plate off, get a ticket, get another ticket, complain.

Reading back in this forum, you seem to spend a lot of time fighting tickets. You're always the victim. The bad cops have nothing better to do than to pick on you. You weren't even doing anything wrong. Their equipment wasn't working. The laws are illegal.

I think it's time to man up and take responsibility for your actions. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time!
    As you noted from the previous post, the not-at-fault accident made it much more difficult to just "comply" with putting on my front license plate. As it is I'm well within my reasonable time frame with which to comply from my first "no 2 license plates" citation from the CHP. I have every right to complain that the Sheriffs were piling on flagrantly unnecessary charges well within my allowable (and reasonable) time period to correct the violation. You can't instantaneously make a front license plate appear when a 4,000 pound Lexus destroys your front end.
    To be clear, I never got around to "forcing" the bodyshop to make those 4 pre-drilled holes. It wasn't a priority at the time being as they needed to fix about 20 other more important things first.
    edited May 2015
    stever said:

@andres3, just how many traffic stops have you had now?

I don't know, lost count. But since the Sheriff said they don't keep track of citations until they become convictions, I was right all along my whole life in calling tickets pieces of paper with false allegations on them until proven otherwise in a court of law. From what I've seen, law enforcement gets it 100% wrong more often than not.

I'm just glad I'm not black so I don't get shot in the back, get put in a choke hold, or have my back/neck broken.
    Out in the fintail today - nobody blindly pulled in front of me, cut me off, etc as often happens when in that old dear. I did have a tailgater once, and saw a woman in an LR3 trying to weave through traffic, with little success.
    ruking1 said:

Fintail,

That was a funny video to me. I like it when left lane campers are "taught a lesson." All 3 drivers involved did things to exacerbate the accident and cause it to happen. Left lane campers often argue they don't want a speeding ticket so they won't get out of the left lane because they are "stuck" going side by side with traffic on the right. I'd rather have my tickets than get in these types of accidents. Tickets does not equal unsafe or less safe. Take the ticket; drive safely!
    edited May 2015
    andres3 said:

ruking1 said:

Fintail,

That was a funny video to me. I like it when left lane campers are "taught a lesson." All 3 drivers involved did things to exacerbate the accident and cause it to happen. Left lane campers often argue they don't want a speeding ticket so they won't get out of the left lane because they are "stuck" going side by side with traffic on the right. I'd rather have my tickets than get in these types of accidents. Tickets does not equal unsafe or less safe. Take the ticket; drive safely!
    Any number of times I l have yield the way to non coded law enforcement. Once in a while there is justice. The LEO actually pulled the LLCer over!
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    The Camaro driver has some serious issues.
    edited May 2015
    The truck had a serious passive agressive @ the controls. There was NO guess work to what he was doing. It makes me wonder how he would have reacted if the Camaro driver were to have passed and did an imitation of him?
    Well the Camaro driver almost slammed into him previously, so he was certainly provoked. But yeah, he should have sped up, and gone in front of the truck on his right. Or the truck driver on the right should have observed the Dual of the Crazies going on 3 feet next to him and slowed down to get away from what was obviously going to be trouble.
  • euphoniumeuphonium Member Posts: 3,425
    " he was certainly provoked" Being provoked is not a license or a reason to retaliate or commit an act of aggression (road rage) After being provoked, the choice is to get even or let it pass and the provoked driver is making the decision. You can't blame the "provoker" for the reaction of the provokee.
    But you can blame the provoker for provoking. Or just call them in as a suspected drunk, or use a cam and put them on youtube with an easily visible plate for all to see/judge/stalk.
  • andre1969andre1969 Member Posts: 25,652
    I had a weird one this morning. First, a little backstory. Finally, about 30 years too late, they put a traffic light on my street, where it intersects the main road about a half mile from my house. It definitely makes the intersection safer, but in some instances, can make things take longer.

For instance, before the light, when I'd go up there to make a right turn, I could usually find enough of a break in the traffic to just go and safely merge in. It was very rare that I'd have to sit and wait more than a minute. But now, with the light, if you get there just as it changes green to let the main road go, traffic is often so backed up that you don't get a break anymore, and usually have to wait for the light to change. So, instead of waiting a minute at the most, now you might have to wait 2 or 3.

Well, today was one of those instances where I got to the light just as it turned green to let the main road traffic go. And there was a LOT of it. So, I had to wait. I had the radio on, and the passenger side window rolled up, and I was looking mainly to the left, concentrating on waiting for a break in the traffic so I could go, but I thought I kept hearing someone yelling off in the distance. Then, just as a break is coming up, I happened to look over to the right, and saw this annoyed-looking little man by my passenger window (could barely see him, since the truck sits up) hollering at me. I couldn't make out what he was saying, but he was pointing around and it sounded like he said "Pull over!!" Which doesn't make sense, because I was stopped, and in a right turn lane.

My first thought was that maybe he had been behind me and had seen something wrong with the truck, but then remembered there had been no traffic behind me from when I left the house to when I stopped at the light...at least, nobody close enough to see anything obviously wrong with the truck. And, nobody would have been able to get to the right side to see anything. I also did a quick glance behind me, and there were maybe three cars back there.

Anyway, when that break in the traffic came, I took off, but kept an eye in the rearview mirror to see if some aggressive driver with a chip on his shoulder came up behind me, but none of the other cars were able to pull out after me, because of the traffic.

About a mile up the road, I got stopped by another traffic light. I was in the right lane. I did see a gray Jetta drive past and go into the left turn lane. There were two people in it, and the driver looked like it might have been the same guy. However, when the guy was yelling at me, outside my window, I only caught a quick glance out of the corner of my eye. And, as that Jetta drove past, the driver didn't seem agitated or annoyed or anything...usually when people are annoyed at you, they'll give you a dirty look if they catch back up to you. However, he did go off the pavement a bit to go into that left turn lane, to get around the car in the through-lane in front of him, so I guess that shows a bit of impatience.

So, I have no idea what this guy's story was? I'm guessing he had been in one of the cars behind me back at the traffic light on my home street, and got impatient because I was taking too long to go. There is a merge lane at that light, to get out onto the main road, but it's not all that long, is fairly narrow, and there's a big hole just off the pavement right in the corner, so it's easy to get the rear wheel of a long-wheelbase vehicle into it. I've seen drivers just blindly pull out into the lane when there's too much traffic, just creep up to the end of it, and then stop. And then they can't merge until there's a really long break in the traffic.

Somehow, I have a feeling I'm going to run into this guy again, since I usually go to work at the same time every morning, give or take a few minutes. And most of the traffic on our street is people using it as a shortcut.
    Yes, the driver who was provoked is not justified in retaliation. I was just musing about how situations like this escalate.

But I wonder....what if the Camaro driver repeatedly rammed the little truck in front of him? Does an assaulted driver have a right to defend himself?
    euphonium said:

" he was certainly provoked" Being provoked is not a license or a reason to retaliate or commit an act of aggression (road rage) After being provoked, the choice is to get even or let it pass and the provoked driver is making the decision. You can't blame the "provoker" for the reaction of the provokee.

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,756
    andre1969 said:

I had a weird one this morning....Somehow, I have a feeling I'm going to run into this guy again, since I usually go to work at the same time every morning, give or take a few minutes. And most of the traffic on our street is people using it as a shortcut.

Did you check your truck when you arrived at work just to make sure there wasn't something amiss (e.g., low tire, etc.) that this person was trying to point out? It may be as you suspect, but perhaps the person was actually trying to be helpful.... Hey, one can hope, anyway. :D
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • andre1969andre1969 Member Posts: 25,652
    xwesx said:

Did you check your truck when you arrived at work just to make sure there wasn't something amiss (e.g., low tire, etc.) that this person was trying to point out? It may be as you suspect, but perhaps the person was actually trying to be helpful.... Hey, one can hope, anyway. :D

Nah, everything's fine. All lug nuts accounted for, wheels on tight, tire pressure good. Turn signal works.

Well the Camaro driver almost slammed into him previously, so he was certainly provoked. But yeah, he should have sped up, and gone in front of the truck on his right. Or the truck driver on the right should have observed the Dual of the Crazies going on 3 feet next to him and slowed down to get away from what was obviously going to be trouble.

I think the big rig did slow down only to have the obnoxious pickup truck driver match him to create a slow rolling blockade.

Did you miss how the pickup was left lane camping to begin with, in violation of the great California (I know this wasn't CA, but just saying:
    VC 21654. (a) Notwithstanding the prima facie speed limits, any
    vehicle proceeding upon a highway at a speed less than the normal
    speed of traffic moving in the same direction at such time shall be
    driven in the right-hand lane for traffic or as close as practicable
    to the right-hand edge or curb, except when overtaking and passing
    another vehicle proceeding in the same direction or when preparing
    for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or
    driveway.

Had the pickup not been camping in the left with faster traffic behind him, the Camaro would not have had to pass on the right. Did you also miss how the pickup sped up abruptly to prevent the pass on the right rather than slow down and allow it?

I for one, am happy one LLC was taught a lesson here, and will perhaps think twice the next time this happens.
    Yes! It is the most BASIC speed law!!!!!!!
    And the enforcement of the law above is so poor that the CHP should be dismantled entirely and immediately. If I was Governor, I would make it so!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057
    andres3 said:

And the enforcement of the law above is so poor that the CHP should be dismantled entirely and immediately. If I was Governor, I would make it so!

To be replaced with what? Anarchy?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Michaell said:

andres3 said:

To be replaced with what? Anarchy?
    Do you really think the cops are doing anything beneficial enough on a grand enough scale to prevent anarchy? If so how come they can't stop a riot without national help as seen in Baltimore recently?

I'd create a new agency that actually serves and protects by enforcing laws that matter, laws that actually impact safety, laws that when disobeyed, lead to accidents.

But seriously, the world wouldn't become chaotic because you stop overpaying a few police department payrolls and pensions.

Do you think all traffic goes 120+ on the Autobahn? The only people that go over 120 are the ones that can safely and responsibly do so. That is why their safety records trounce ours (in addition to better enforcement of laws that aren't designed to maximize revenue as their sole purpose).
    edited May 2015
    I am not sure how you go from enforcement of the basic speed laws to total anarchy? If anything a higher state of anarchy exists, sans ENFORCEMENT ????
    I'd agree, our freeways are already anarchy. If anything, I could sell the strong enforcement of lane laws by telling police departments it'll be much easier to pick off the speeders and generate revenue if you allow the fastest cars to keep left.
  • stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098

Do you think all traffic goes 120+ on the Autobahn? The only people that go over 120 are the ones that can safely and responsibly do so. That is why their safety records trounce ours (in addition to better enforcement of laws that aren't designed to maximize revenue as their sole purpose).
    Actually, nobody does 120+ on the Autobahn. They are always under construction. But anyone can drive as fast as the roads and their cars allow - there is no special drivers license for high speed driving.
    And there isn't anarchy due to the lack of speed limits LOL. People are so gullible.
    edited May 2015
    Indeed, American lane discipline standards are anarchy - just drive on I5 in western WA and see the orderly flow of traffic. Some of the less LEO = "anarchy" is fearmongering IMO, often by people with connections to the profession. It's already out there.

I drove out to the coast yesterday. Easy drive with no real bad ones out there, but more than a few LLCs. I undertook a few times.
    Drove home today - LLCs aplenty, a few MLCs too. A couple speed demons, but more crawlers (maybe50 in a 60) , but in the right lane where they belong. It's a WA thing. I did see a LLCing WRX of all things get the "you're #1 finger" from an Infiniti that had to pass on the right - Subaru was driving somewhat idiotically, with ~10 mph variations in speed, I passed and was passed by it 3 or 4 times, mostly with cruise control on - cruise is one of my shameful addictions. Saw 3 WSPers preventing the outbreak of anarchy on I5, not going after LLCs but speeders, I am sure, gotta keep up the safety.
    edited May 2015
    So why didn't you give the Subie the horn? It would appear from your posting (c/c on in left lane? Otherwise why is C/C on in the right lane a shameful addition?) you were LLCing also.
    Wrong. I was always in the right lane, light traffic. I'm not a typical Murkan, I understand and practice lane discipline and don't see it as a violation of freedom or rights or a sign of impending death panels and politburos. I'd pass him from the right lane, he'd pass me, repeat a few times. He eventually got a little ahead when a carpool lane joined the mix and traffic increased (he had a woman/wife in the car, and likely a devilspawn, maybe distracting him), but he didn't get too far ahead as he slowed down again after a short time. No need to honk, I didn't have to actually change lanes.
    ruking1 said:

So why didn't you give the Subie the horn? It would appear from your posting (c/c on in left lane? Otherwise why is C/C on in the right lane a shameful addition?) you were LLCing also.

Driving in Berkeley (never a good idea--even when you're parked you're in danger). On Shattuck avenue, wide 2 lanes in either direction. Stopped at light. Light turns green. I proceed into intersection with pickup truck next to me.

Mercedes 550 blows through red light. I jam on brakes, lean on horn. Truck does the same thing. Pedestrian in crosswalk jumps out of the way.

Mercedes driver gives us all the 3rd digit.

Nice. Real nice.