Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 Mazda 6 Prices Paid And Buying Experience

laandrewlaandrew Member Posts: 27
edited June 2015 in Mazda
It's June and Mazda 6 2016 hit the dealerships awhile back. It would be informative for all to share your buying experience for this model here. Please try to publish as much as information possible like the location/area you live, model/ style of the car, any added option or packages, but not to add up tax and title which are specific to each area.

Comments

• Options
    wpb5wpb5 Member Posts: 17
    I'm negotiating a deal for a 2016 Touring + Moonroof package , MSRP $27,100 I was offered $23,700 (that includes $500 for financing thru Mazda) . The out the door price somehow is $26,000 (Florida tax rate 6%) so I'm guessing the dealer fee was not included in the $23,700. I'm still shopping around as I'm shooting for $25k OTD, I don't know if I'm being realistic ?
  • Options
    Thanks @wpb5 I am looking to the exact same style and package. To me based on the invoice information here the quoted price seems enticing. Tell me if you seal the deal.
  • Options
    I'm still working on a deal, got a $25,750 + tag from a 2nd dealer,

What numbers are you getting from your dealership ?
  • Options
    Anyone has any numbers to share with us ?? 
  • Options
    Best offer I got in southern California for the same Ti with moonroof option was $25150! So after tax and fees, it would be more than $27500 OTD! I am not aware of that $500 cash incentive here as it may be local to your area (I guess Florida, right?)

Anyone else? guys please share your experiences I enjoy forum discussion on the same topic on Honda Accord!
  • Options
    I'm not sure that it's local, but by browsing in few forums, I found out there is a $500 for financing thru Mazda and $500 if you bank with Chase another $500 loyalty if you own Mazda, however  my local dealers insist that both can't be combined, you should check with more than one dealer in area,
  • Options
    I just came back from the dealership, I got them to bring the selling price including taxes to $25,250 for Touring + Moonroof still have to pay for tag. How did I do ? Should I pull the trigger ?
  • Options
    @wpb5 So tax included in that price? Whats their final selling price offer and dealer's fee?
  • Options
    That's all included except DMV fees ,, I didn't get into details , I got a $25,750 from 1 dealer took it to the closest one and asked them to match it and tgive me an extra $500 because I bank with Chase. The salesman said he would work it with F&I when I'm ready to buy. So I'm expecting to pay $25,250 + DMV. Only condition is to make the deal happen before the end of the month and to pick a car that's availabe on the lot.
    That looks like a sweet deal to me but I want double check :)
  • Options
    Yeah I guess it is a god deal. I can't find something close to it here in socal. Planning to wait maybe a month or so to get better price.
  • Options
    roubaudroubaud Member Posts: 80
    Thoughts?
    2016 Mazda 6 IGT w/ tech
    $339/mth (includes tax), 36/10, and nothing down (sign and drive)
    Sell at 30,345
    Net cap 31,249

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,365
    roubaud said:

Thoughts?
    2016 Mazda 6 IGT w/ tech
    Sell at 30,345
    Net cap 31,249

I get $364/mo with those numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Michaell said:

roubaud said:

Thoughts?
    2016 Mazda 6 IGT w/ tech
    Sell at 30,345
    Net cap 31,249

On the other feed you said this looked good (it's the same MSRP):
    $342 / mth (includes tax) for 36/10 sign and drive
    MSRP $33,195
    Sell $30,832
    Net Cap $31,327
  • Options
    roubaud said:

Michaell said:

roubaud said:

Thoughts?
    2016 Mazda 6 IGT w/ tech
    Sell at 30,345
    Net cap 31,249

MSRP $33,195
    Sell $30,832
    Net Cap $31,327
    Oops ... didn't notice above that you didn't provide the MSRP ... I used the sell price as the MSRP in my calculations.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    Michaell said:

roubaud said:

Michaell said:

roubaud said:

Thoughts?
    2016 Mazda 6 IGT w/ tech
    Sell at 30,345
    Net cap 31,249

MSRP $33,195
    Sell $30,832
    Net Cap $31,327
    Oops ... didn't notice above that you didn't provide the MSRP ... I used the sell price as the MSRP in my calculations.
    Ha! Thanks. You've been most helpful on two cars now. :)
  • Options
    roubaud said:

My final numbers on a 2016 Mazda 6 IGT w/ tech in Nebraska on a 36/10 lease
    MSRP -- 33,195 (invoice is 31,220 for those in the future who read this)
    Sale price -- 30,310
    Net Cap -- 31,214
    Residual -- 19,917
    Monthly -- $335 w/ tax (that's about $315 before tax), sign and drive

Picked it up today. The only other car we seriously considered was an Acura TLX 2.4L, but it did not look or feel any better on the inside, did not drive better, has no radar cruise control, is terribly boring on the outside, and overall feels like an old person's car / boat. A strange world when one shops Mazda vs. Acura -- but times are changing in the near-luxury world. Hope the Mazda has good reliability, but the safety rankings are top notch (not to mention projected fuel economy -- which we all know is overblown yet one can hope).

Love Edmunds, which has helped us make informed decisions on 4 cars over the years. Thank you all!

Congratulations!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    cericceric Member Posts: 1,092
    2016 GT w/tech
    MSRP: $33195 (or so)
    Price: $29,685 (below invoice by $1k)
    (Lic. & Doc extra)
    Bought on May 13.
    Sonic Silver + Parchment
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    ceric said:

2016 GT w/tech
    MSRP: $33195 (or so)
    Price: $29,685 (below invoice by $1k)
    (Lic. & Doc extra)
    Bought on May 13.
    Sonic Silver + Parchment

Congrats on the ride. Sounds nice!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    gallageegallagee Member Posts: 3
    I'll share the 3 quotes I'm working through on the 3 trims I wanted to compare. Please let me know thoughts:

AT with Bose/Moonroof MSRP: $27,365
    AT with Bose/Moonroof Price: $24,981

AT with Bose/MR + Tech MSRP: $29,040
    AT with Bose/MR + Tech MSRP: $26,429

GT MSRP: $31,240
    GT Price: $28,500

Tax extra and add $231.50 for doc, title, tag.

I have 2 dealers that seem ready to compete, so today I'm hoping to hone in on the best combo of color preferences + trim/options available on their lots and get the price down maybe a few hundred bucks at this point, but I don't think I can get much lower.

Thoughts?

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited July 2015
    TMV on the GT is $29,542, and that's just a couple of hundred bucks above invoice. So $1,000 below invoice sounds pretty good. I didn't check the other trims but I bet they are below invoice too.

If you don't need to buy "today", you might find it easier to get a few hundred bucks more off by waiting until the end of the month. But you have an advantage already with the two dealers fighting for your business.

Your doc fees aren't too bad and it sounds like the dealers aren't trying to stuff you with etching or nitrogen or other extras.

Good luck and let us know how it plays out today.
  • Options
    gallageegallagee Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2015
    Ended up going with the Touring with Bose/MR package. MSRP $27,365
    Sales Price: $24,900 no added fees aside from tax, title, license. Even got the $199 doc fee off.

Pretty happy with getting a well equipped, sharp looking, highly rated, and fun sedan for under $25K.

Thanks

• Options
    gallagee said:

Ended up going with the Touring with Bose/MR package. MSRP $27,365
    Sales Price: $24,900 no added fees aside from tax, title, license. Even got the $199 doc fee off.

Pretty happy with getting a well equipped, sharp looking, highly rated, and fun sedan for under $25K.

Thanks

Congrats! I saw a Touring at a dealer a few weeks ago and agree they are a great looking sedan.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited August 2015
    OK. It seems that my search finally ended last weekend. I pulled the trigger on the deal that I couldn't resist then. I got a 2016 Mazda6 Touring trim with Bose and Moonroof package MSRP $27140 for $23400 before TTL in southern California. Unfortunately for buying in this price, I couldn't get the 5 yrs Mazda promotional financing rate of 0.99 and offered %3.9 APR. But I guess I can refinance later in the year after few payments. Of course if the Fed won't increase rates much! I feel like I should still shed a few hundred dollars on the price but since it was the beginning of the month and no noticeable incentive available on 2016 model, I didn't go harder! What do you guys think of my deal?
  • Options
    saratogastevesaratogasteve Member Posts: 186
    laandrew said:

OK. It seems that my search finally ended last weekend. I pulled the trigger on the deal that I couldn't resist then. I got a 2016 Mazda6 Touring trim with Bose and Moonroof package MSRP $27140 for $23400 before TTL in southern California. Unfortunately for buying in this price, I couldn't get the 5 yrs Mazda promotional financing rate of 0.99 and offered %3.9 APR. But I guess I can refinance later in the year after few payments. Of course if the Fed won't increase rates much! I feel like I should still shed a few hundred dollars on the price but since it was the beginning of the month and no noticeable incentive available on 2016 model, I didn't go harder! What do you guys think of my deal?

deal sounds good - interest rate not so good. what was your credit score? Most credit unions offer 1.5% for new car purchases with good credit.
  • Options
    @saratogasteve Fortunately 10 days after I bougth I refinanced through my credit union for 60 months at %2.1
  • Options
    hokienutz99hokienutz99 Member Posts: 7
    edited August 2015
    Last Friday finally settled on a new 2016 Mazda 6 Grand Touring with the technology package, rear bumper guard, and wheel locks. The dealership is in Huntersville, NC, right outside of Charlotte. Here's the deal I received:

MSRP: $33,370
    Invoice: $31,360
    Selling Price: $31,860
    Rebate included: ($750)
    Final cost of car: $31,110

The dealership also threw in an extra year of maintenance for free (two years worth total), discounted an extended warranty by 40%, and also discounted gap insurance by 50%.

Since I had to roll in some negative equity into my loan from my trade, my loan amount is on the higher side (130% LTV ratio), which is why I was only able to get 2.99% interest. Had I not had negative equity to contend with, by interest rate would have been 1.99%. Overall though, I am very pleased with this deal.
  • Options

Last Friday finally settled on a new 2016 Mazda 6 Grand Touring with the technology package, rear bumper guard, and wheel locks. The dealership is in Huntersville, NC, right outside of Charlotte. Here's the deal I received:

MSRP: $33,370
    Invoice: $31,360
    Selling Price: $31,860
    Rebate included: ($750)
    Final cost of car: $31,110

The dealership also threw in an extra year of maintenance for free (two years worth total), discounted an extended warranty by 40%, and also discounted gap insurance by 50%.

Since I had to roll in some negative equity into my loan from my trade, my loan amount is on the higher side (130% LTV ratio), which is why I was only able to get 2.99% interest. Had I not had negative equity to contend with, by interest rate would have been 1.99%. Overall though, I am very pleased with this deal.

Congrats! Nice looking car - I'm seriously thinking that the 6 will be on my short list in a year when my current lease is up. Touring trim level, though.

Thanks for sharing your deal details with us. What color did you get?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Meteor Gray with a black / espresso interior. It's really sharp! I'm a very happy camper. :smile:

• Options
    @Michaell Got exactly the car @hokienutz99 posted its picture here. 2016 touring with Moonroof/bose package, meteor grey with sand leatherette.
  • Options
    Meteor Gray with a black / espresso interior. It's really sharp! I'm a very happy camper. :smile:
    Nice!  I'm thinking of one of the blue colors if I go that way. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    laandrew said:
    @Michaell Got exactly the car @hokienutz99 posted its picture here. 2016 touring with Moonroof/bose package, meteor grey with sand leatherette.
    Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I sat in a new Madza 6 today that had a "tan" leather - bet it was the sand leatherette (had lots of perforations). Very plush.
  • Options
    @Michaell The Deep Crystal Blue was my second option, although it was mostly paired with the parchment interior, which I didn't care for. But the exterior in the deep blue looked really sharp in the sunlight, as well as when it was overcast.
  • Options
    btcutterbtcutter Member Posts: 23

Sharp looking car! Congrats.
    The wheels almost look like the GT dark rims?

Did you consider the Grey exterior with Parchment interior?

how much is document fee and license fee in CA?
  • Options
    @btcutter
    Yes, Touring and grand touring has the same wheel size- 19 inch. May be the rims are different I don't know.
    Document fee is $80. Tax and license, don't ask :) %9 sale tax and some other ridiculous fees like tire fee!!!
  • Options
    tkjtoolmantkjtoolman Member Posts: 1
    Bought 2016 Mazda6 Touring Trim with Just the Wheel locks as the addon for 25,500 Out The Door with 0% APR for 36 months.
    Did I get a good deal?
  • Options
    m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    We just bought a 2016 Touring at Rosen Mazda in Chicago north suburbs for $22400 plus TTL.  MSRP was $26,115. This includes a $750 rebate for finance through dealer.  We financed the minimum of $8000 and will pay that off within 3 months.  We didn't plan on financing at all but couldn't pass up the rebate.  Second choice was Accord which are giving great deals right now but bottom line was my wife just loves the exterior looks, the upscale interior and the sporty drive of the Mazda.  
  • Options
    btcutter said:

Sharp looking car! Congrats.
    The wheels almost look like the GT dark rims?

Did you consider the Grey exterior with Parchment interior?

how much is document fee and license fee in CA?

While I liked the look of the Parchment interior, my concern was long term wear and tear on a lite color. My 2nd choice was the deep crystal blue with that interior, but ultimately the grey won me over. And the rims are sick! Those rims with tinted windows makes for a very sharp car.

Not sure about the document fees and license fees in CA. Anyone looking to shop in NC, I can provide those details.
  • Options
    saratogastevesaratogasteve Member Posts: 186
    laandrew said:

great looking car. "sand letherette" I thought there was only black and parchment? was under the impression parchment was white. are there really other choices?
  • Options
    @saratogasteve Either Black/Black or Black/light (sand) which kinda creamy color leatherette
  • Options

laandrew said:

great looking car. "sand letherette" I thought there was only black and parchment? was under the impression parchment was white. are there really other choices?
    I thought the only two colors were black and tan (sand? parchment? "a rose by any other name ...").

I've not seen a white interior since the 70's ... or on a custom Porsche.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    What kind of dealer add on do you see in your area?

I was at one in Portland and they tacked on "$895 for 3M on the door handles, Nitrogen gas in tires, 1st small dent repair for free, 1st window chip for free, loaner vehicle for major maintenance...". Totally bogus overcharges.

I will be ready for one at end of Nov.

Trying to figure out if I will get GT vs Touring + tech + sound package............ only difference then is heated seats, Xenon lighting, Nav and spoiler. Right? Am I missing anything else?

I like the spoiler on the GT. Anyone have it placed by dealer on their touring or sports model?
  • Options
    zigster38zigster38 Member Posts: 117
    Hello, I am in Northern California. I am looking for the MF and Residual for September on a 2016 Mazda 6 Touring. Thanks!
  • Options
    zigster38 said:

Hello, I am in Northern California. I am looking for the MF and Residual for September on a 2016 Mazda 6 Touring. Thanks!

.00030 MF and 55% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. $650 lease cash.

Subtract 5% for manual transmission

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    edited September 2015
    @btcutter If I were you I would have chosen Gt vs fully loaded Touring. Price difference is not that much and you probably find better offers as availability of GT is more than fully loaded Touring in any market. Just my thought.
    Good luck in your search :-)
    btcutter said:

I was at one in Portland and they tacked on "$895 for 3M on the door handles, Nitrogen gas in tires, 1st small dent repair for free, 1st window chip for free, loaner vehicle for major maintenance...". Totally bogus overcharges.

Trying to figure out if I will get GT vs Touring + tech + sound package............ only difference then is heated seats, Xenon lighting, Nav and spoiler. Right? Am I missing anything else?

I like the spoiler on the GT. Anyone have it placed by dealer on their touring or sports model?

• Options
    laandrew said:

@btcutter If I were you I would have chosen Gt vs fully loaded Touring. Price difference is not that much and you probably find better offers as availability of GT is more than fully loaded Touring in any market. Just my thought.

btcutter said:

appreciated.

for some reason M6 in Pacific NW seems to cost more than say CA.
  • Options
    btcutter said:

laandrew said:

btcutter said:

appreciated.

for some reason M6 in Pacific NW seems to cost more than say CA.
    That's because there are more Mazda dealers to choose from, and they end up competing against one another for business.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    My current lease is due Dec 2. Looking forward to my first GT model.
    Work pretty intense most of Nov.

Should I try to buy the car at end of Oct and hopefully catch dealer who wants to meet quota for Oct? Or should I risk shopping in Nov and cut it kinda close with lease return?

Thinking about going through Costco first then send emails to various dealers to see what kind of deal I can get.
  • Options
    btcutter said:

My current lease is due Dec 2. Looking forward to my first GT model.
    Work pretty intense most of Nov.

Should I try to buy the car at end of Oct and hopefully catch dealer who wants to meet quota for Oct? Or should I risk shopping in Nov and cut it kinda close with lease return?

Thinking about going through Costco first then send emails to various dealers to see what kind of deal I can get.

I'd start shopping in October, just to get a feel for inventory and pricing. And, also maybe to target a dealership you want to do business with (or at least narrow it down). Thanksgiving weekend is a great time to buy a car..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator