Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Mercedes-Benz CLA Class Lease Questions

trakmasta2ktrakmasta2k Member Posts: 1
edited May 2015 in Mercedes-Benz
Good afternoon,

trying to sort a lease out for a 2015 CLA45 AMG and being told the '15 rates have increased vs the '14 (I arranged the deal prior to '15 build date)

May I ask, what are the 2015 CLA45 AMG lease mf/residuals for a 36 month 12.5k/year mile lease?

ty

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,764

Good afternoon,

trying to sort a lease out for a 2015 CLA45 AMG and being told the '15 rates have increased vs the '14 (I arranged the deal prior to '15 build date)

May I ask, what are the 2015 CLA45 AMG lease mf/residuals for a 36 month 12.5k/year mile lease?

ty

Standard money factor and 58% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr (not 12.5K/yr).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• sdhlawsdhlaw Member Posts: 10
    What is the standard money factor?
    sdhlaw said:

What is the standard money factor?

.00180-.0020 (or something close to it)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bolteonbolteon Member Posts: 20
    edited February 2015
    Hi all,

If someone could take a bit of time; I would much appreciate it.

My GF and I went in to price out a lease on a 2015 CLA @ 36 months w/ 12k miles, these are the numbers we received on the assumption of a 740 score (Tier 1, I believe).

37210        MSRP
    783.89        DISCOUNT
    36426.11        SELLING PRICE

523.25        FEES

2990.61        SALES TAX

39939.97        NET SALES PRICE

DOWN/PAYMENTS:
                  3100        4000        4500

33        501.81        471.98        455.40
    36        468.55        441.13        425.90
    39        480.01        454.63        440.53

----

Now, a couple of things.
    • This lease setup seems a bit high in cost, first thing that looks off is paying tax on the (near) whole purchase price?
    • Her credit came back a bit lower than expected (no previous lease/auto-loan), and she can get Tier 2.
    A few things that would be a big help to know:
    • What's the MF for a Tier 2? Tier 1?
    • Is the residual on 2015 CLA, 65%?
    • Before we left for the day, we got them down to (at first) $460 a month on the 36 Month, then $452 w/ 3100 down. Are these much better? I'm betting no.
    • I finally called in at the end of the day asking if they would do a $525 a month, 0 down. They agreed (though we obviously ended up not signing), and while this is my best overall cost ($18,900 including everything for 36 months w/ 12k miles), I feel I can do a good deal better, right? Especially with a One-Pay?
    ----

I'm aware that a One-Pay drops the MF .00080, and so do a few other things (but can't be combined in certain ways). We're likely to go back in in a few weeks and do a One-Pay (for primarily tax reasons), but I want to be able to come back with some ammo, cause right now I've got little to work with as to where they're squeezing us.

After several hours of researching, I haven't found enough; so hopefully someone will take the time to share. Much appreciated if you've made it down to here reading this. Cheers.
    bolteon said:

Hi all,

If someone could take a bit of time; I would much appreciate it.

My GF and I went in to price out a lease on a 2015 CLA @ 36 months w/ 12k miles, these are the numbers we received on the assumption of a 740 score (Tier 1, I believe).

37210        MSRP
    783.89        DISCOUNT
    36426.11        SELLING PRICE

523.25        FEES

2990.61        SALES TAX

39939.97        NET SALES PRICE

DOWN/PAYMENTS:
                  3100        4000        4500

33        501.81        471.98        455.40
    36        468.55        441.13        425.90
    39        480.01        454.63        440.53

----

Now, a couple of things.

• This lease setup seems a bit high in cost, first thing that looks off is paying tax on the (near) whole purchase price?
    • Her credit came back a bit lower than expected (no previous lease/auto-loan), and she can get Tier 2.
    A few things that would be a big help to know:
    • What's the MF for a Tier 2? Tier 1?
    • Is the residual on 2015 CLA, 65%?
    • Before we left for the day, we got them down to (at first) $460 a month on the 36 Month, then $452 w/ 3100 down. Are these much better? I'm betting no.
    • I finally called in at the end of the day asking if they would do a $525 a month, 0 down. They agreed (though we obviously ended up not signing), and while this is my best overall cost ($18,900 including everything for 36 months w/ 12k miles), I feel I can do a good deal better, right? Especially with a One-Pay?
    ----

I'm aware that a One-Pay drops the MF .00080, and so do a few other things (but can't be combined in certain ways). We're likely to go back in in a few weeks and do a One-Pay (for primarily tax reasons), but I want to be able to come back with some ammo, cause right now I've got little to work with as to where they're squeezing us.

After several hours of researching, I haven't found enough; so hopefully someone will take the time to share. Much appreciated if you've made it down to here reading this. Cheers.

.00153 MF and 64% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr.

As you can see, they didn't give you any details on those lease payments.. So, the taxes they quoted were probably for purchase and may not apply to a lease (can't tell for sure, because you don't mention what state you live in or the tax rate).

Also, you generally can't take a One-Pay discount off of a subvented MF (like this one). To get the .00080 reduction, you have to use Mercedes standard money factor, which is approx .0020.

The discount from MSRP isn't a lot, but may be typical for this lower-priced model.

Also... are the downpayments in the lease examples the full amount due at signing? Or, is that plus acquisition fee, dealer fees, first payment, etc, etc..

A lot of these questions can only be answered by the dealer.. By giving you only rudimentary information, you have little knowledge to bring to the negotiations.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

My apologies, this is for Southern Nevada. Tax is 8.1%
    edited February 2015

This may sound nutty but I genuinely enjoy playing with numbers like this. Hah, it's almost 7am here.

According to the above, the cost of a $37,210 2015 CLA One-Time Payment Lease should be just under $15k given:
    • Approval of the Standard MF
    • ~$784 in discounts
    • ~$523 in fees

Think there might be room to bring it down any further? MBF is already recommending a dealer cap reduction of around $649 or so, maybe there's further room? Also, please feel free to poke at my numbers if I've messed something up, I think it's time for me to head to bed...
    Found that invoice on the build is $35,411.

What's a fair Invoice + X amount? $500?
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Bolteon,

Your residual is $23814.40 based on 36 month and 12K a year. Money factor as above is .00153 and if use autopay it drops to .00143. Number is about $86.00(.00143) and can be lower if net cap cost drops. One pay as above .00120. Your finance fee is usually( net cap cost and residual) x money factor. Number is about $72.00 per month and could be lower if net cap cost drops.You need to get your adjusted cap cost as low as can be. What is comprising the down payment the dealer has shown you. expect to pay lease acquisition fee, prep or doc fee, and motor vehicle with other small fees. Are you putting in maintenance plan and if so is this part of the $3,000-$4,500 as shown above.

bolteon said:

This may sound nutty but I genuinely enjoy playing with numbers like this. Hah, it's almost 7am here.

According to the above, the cost of a $37,210 2015 CLA One-Time Payment Lease should be just under $15k given:

• Approval of the Standard MF
    • ~$784 in discounts
    • ~$523 in fees

Think there might be room to bring it down any further? MBF is already recommending a dealer cap reduction of around $649 or so, maybe there's further room? Also, please feel free to poke at my numbers if I've messed something up, I think it's time for me to head to bed...

As noted by @mlevine , you asked for 36mo, 12K/yr, but your quote is for 36mo, 10K/yr.

Also, you haven't accounted for the Mercedes Finance acquisition fee of $795 (subject to dealer markup to $1095).

Also note, that the .00080 money factor reduction for One-pay is only from the standard money factor of .0020, not the subvented MF of .00153 available on this model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Alrighty, with the $795 at 36 months w/ 10k miles... Anyone see any issue?

(500 over invoice, with 0.00120 One-Pay MF)

bolteon said:

Alrighty, with the $795 at 36 months w/ 10k miles... Anyone see any issue?

(500 over invoice, with 0.00120 One-Pay MF)

Your finance fee is #1, not #2..

The One-Pay gets you the lower money factor, but it doesn't change the CAP.. think of it as sitting in an escrow account, with the payments drawn out, each month.. $73.70/mo., not $29.02

So, the payment would be $436/mo.+tax.

I'm not sure I would do the One-Pay, for the small amount of money factor reduction (.00153 to .00120). If you've got $40K sitting around in a checking account, I guess it makes sense..

Also, you said you wanted 36mo, 12K/yr earlier, but these calculations are on 36/10. 64% is the 36/12 residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Seems a bit funky that MBF would take your money but then charge you interest on the whole cost of the car being borrowed...

Can anyone confirm that?
  • landon135landon135 Member Posts: 17
    edited April 2015
    Can anyone confirm the MF and residual for a 2015 CLA250? We are wanting 36month/15K miles per year in Dallas, TX
    landon135 said:

Can anyone confirm the MF and residual for a 2015 CLA250? We are wanting 36month/15K miles per year in Dallas, TX

.00153 MF and 62% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

What would I tell a dealer who is giving me another number? I'm being told it's .00225 by a dealer here but I have no way to dispute that except for this message board.
    landon135 said:

What would I tell a dealer who is giving me another number? I'm being told it's .00225 by a dealer here but I have no way to dispute that except for this message board.

I'd just tell them you want the base rate.... and, shop elsewhere if they aren't forthcoming..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,011
    landon135 said:

agreed on price $34975 (includes 3 years prepaid maintenance)
    heated seats
    panorama sunroof
    blind spot detection
    keyless start
    (did not indicate whether these are a-la cart or part of premium package)

$1850 due at signing
    $539.63 per month
    36 month lease
    15k miles per year
    $22642.40 residual

I'm in Texas, if that matters. Thank you!

36/15 numbers on the CLA250 are .00153 and 62%.

Using the net cap cost of $34,975 and MSRP of $36,520, I get a pre-tax payment of $430.73.

But, in Texas, the entire selling price is subject to sales tax, which greatly increase your payment. What is the tax rate where you live and what is the breakdown of the $1850 due at signing?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

He is claiming MF is .00225 so I'm not sure how to dispute that.

When I build on the MB site I get an MSRP between 37-38k depending on how the options are added.

The tax rate is 6.25 but he hasn't specified the breakdown of the $1850 down.
    landon135 said:

He is claiming MF is .00225 so I'm not sure how to dispute that.

When I build on the MB site I get an MSRP between 37-38k depending on how the options are added.

The tax rate is 6.25 but he hasn't specified the breakdown of the $1850 down.

Dealer is allowed to mark up the MF for more profit; politely but firmly tell him that you won't sign a deal with an inflated MF. Then reach out to a second dealer; the competition should help you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Unfortunately, the price I got from another dealer was higher for fewer miles. So from the information I listed does this sound reasonable?
    landon135 said:

Unfortunately, the price I got from another dealer was higher for fewer miles. So from the information I listed does this sound reasonable?

I would work harder to get the MF reduced. There are only two variables in a lease - the negotiated selling price and the MF. The lower you can get those two numbers, the better the lease payment will be.

Don't negotiate payment - too much opportunity for the dealer to manipulate the numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kristinaelaynekristinaelayne Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2015
    Looking to get two new leases.

CLA250 base model with back up camera only. 10k/36

GLK350 premium package and multimedia package 12k/36

.00155 MF and 65% residual

.00075 MF and 58% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

How much should I try to get off MSRP?

How much should I try to get off MSRP?

Use the pricing tools at the top of the page (make / model / year) to help set pricing targets.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

kyfdx said:

.00155 MF and 65% residual

.00075 MF and 58% residual
    The dealer told checked the residual and said the GLk 12k/36 is 57%, not 58%. Is that correct? Just want to verify before signing the deal.
  • surrealgtisurrealgti Member Posts: 10
    Hi - I also got quoted .00155 and 65% residual for CLA250 36mo/10K. Is the MF negotiable? How low can someone with very good credit get w/ that?

.00155 seem high. Different cars I know but BMW quoted me .00129 on a 328i w/ same terms.

Hi - I also got quoted .00155 and 65% residual for CLA250 36mo/10K. Is the MF negotiable? How low can someone with very good credit get w/ that?

.00155 seem high. Different cars I know but BMW quoted me .00129 on a 328i w/ same terms.

As noted above.. .00155 is the base rate for the CLA250. You can't go lower than that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• 3rdloopinvest3rdloopinvest Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2015
    I just went in to negotiate a lease for a 2015 CLA 250 and was quoted a .00185 MF, which according to these forums is pretty high. Tried to negotiate but they said that they couldn't go lower on the MF and that number (.00185) is for preferred customers. Is that BS? What ammo do you need to negotiate that? 

Also, I went in for a 15K Miles/Yr for 3 Years. Trying to put no money down. The model has Walnut Trim, Rearview Camera, Blind Spot Assist as additionals and was quoted for $33,760. The price of the car before the additionals was $31,500. This did not include Taxes or Fees. Also - there's a $1K "lease acquisition fee" and an $800 "lease disposition fee". Are those fees negotiable? 
  • surrealgtisurrealgti Member Posts: 10
    Just wanted to share the deal I got with everyone.

2015 CLA 250 36 mo / 10k lease
    MSRP: $34,550
    .0155 MF 65% Residual
    Final selling price was $32,082 with the Garmin Pilot NAV add-on

I got the monthly payments down to $347/mo + tax totaling $369 with zero down but $1880 out of pocket (1st months pay't, acquisition, license/reg, doc fees)

In sum, about $3k off msrp.

My suggestion to all the buyers is to learn how to calculate a lease payment given the variables presented. Once you negotiate down to a selling price your comfortable with, crunch the #s on your own given the fixed residual and MF you are eligible for to determine your monthly payment plus the standard drive off fees. During this process, I experienced 2 dealerships that gave me an awesome selling price but with a monthly payment that was way off. When it came down to breaking those #'s down and validating their numbers, they quickly changed the subject or ignored it all together!

Hope this helps and thanks!

I just went in to negotiate a lease for a 2015 CLA 250 and was quoted a .00185 MF, which according to these forums is pretty high. Tried to negotiate but they said that they couldn't go lower on the MF and that number (.00185) is for preferred customers. Is that BS? What ammo do you need to negotiate that? 

Also, I went in for a 15K Miles/Yr for 3 Years. Trying to put no money down. The model has Walnut Trim, Rearview Camera, Blind Spot Assist as additionals and was quoted for $33,760. The price of the car before the additionals was $31,500. This did not include Taxes or Fees. Also - there's a $1K "lease acquisition fee" and an $800 "lease disposition fee". Are those fees negotiable? 

Base money factor is .00155.

Base acquisition fee is $795. Mercedes allows the dealer to mark-up the fee by $300 for extra profit.

$800 disposition fee sounds awfully high, but I haven't seen a Mercedes lease in awhile to know if that's correct.. in any case, that wouldn't be due until lease end.

How do you get a better deal? Introduce some competition for starters..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Just wanted to share the deal I got with everyone.

2015 CLA 250 36 mo / 10k lease
    MSRP: $34,550
    .0155 MF 65% Residual
    Final selling price was $32,082 with the Garmin Pilot NAV add-on

I got the monthly payments down to $347/mo + tax totaling $369 with zero down but $1880 out of pocket (1st months pay't, acquisition, license/reg, doc fees)

In sum, about $3k off msrp.

My suggestion to all the buyers is to learn how to calculate a lease payment given the variables presented. Once you negotiate down to a selling price your comfortable with, crunch the #s on your own given the fixed residual and MF you are eligible for to determine your monthly payment plus the standard drive off fees. During this process, I experienced 2 dealerships that gave me an awesome selling price but with a monthly payment that was way off. When it came down to breaking those #'s down and validating their numbers, they quickly changed the subject or ignored it all together!

Hope this helps and thanks!

Congrats on the Mercedes! Nice job on the deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• n0213537n0213537 Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2015
    5/19/2015

2015 MERCEDES CLA250

MSRP $36,075
    RESIDUAL 62% $22,366.50
    TERM 36
    MF .00189
    SELLING PRICE $32,450
    CAPPED FEES $495
    TOTAL TAXES $486.75
    ADJ CAP COST $33431.75
    $O DOWN
    PAYMENT $412/MONTH
    n0213537 said:

5/19/2015

2015 MERCEDES CLA250

MSRP $36,075
    RESIDUAL 62% $22,366.50
    TERM 36
    MF .00189
    SELLING PRICE $32,450
    CAPPED FEES $495
    TOTAL TAXES $486.75
    ADJ CAP COST $33431.75
    $O DOWN
    PAYMENT $412/MONTH

The MF is marked up from the base of .00155, which is adding about $20/mo to the payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

think I can get that MF with my sell price that low?
    n0213537 said:

think I can get that MF with my sell price that low?

All you can do is ask.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

thanks
    edited April 2015
    heated seats
    panorama sunroof
    blind spot detection
    keyless start

$1850 due at signing
    $539.63 per month
    36 month lease
    15k miles per year
    $22642.40 residual

• DaveM87DaveM87 Member Posts: 235
    Any numbers on cla45 36/10? Thanks
    landon135 said:

heated seats
    panorama sunroof
    blind spot detection
    keyless start

$1850 due at signing
    $539.63 per month
    36 month lease
    15k miles per year
    $22642.40 residual

What is the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

davem1287 said:

Any numbers on cla45 36/10? Thanks

59% residual and standard MF (.00180-.00220)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• greeneyespsugreeneyespsu Member Posts: 139
    edited July 2015
    Trying to help a friend out on a potential lease on a 2015 CLA250. Can you please tell me what the residual values are for 7.5k and 10k miles for 18, 24, 30 and 36 months? Also, this friend has pretty much no established credit (foreign national here on a work visa -- hence why I'm asking for 18 mo. lengths too). What would the MF be for low/no credit, if approved both as the normal pay (monthly) and one-pay (if not approved for monthly due to lack of credit)?

Hope that makes sense. Thank you!!

Trying to help a friend out on a potential lease on a 2015 CLA250. Can you please tell me what the residual values are for 7.5k and 10k miles for 18, 24, 30 and 36 months? Also, this friend has pretty much no established credit (foreign national here on a work visa -- hence why I'm asking for 18 mo. lengths too). What would the MF be for low/no credit, if approved both as the normal pay (monthly) and one-pay (if not approved for monthly due to lack of credit)?

Hope that makes sense. Thank you!!

.00121 and 65% (24/10) 64% (30/10) or 63% (36/10). MB does not offer an 18 month lease program.

MF will go up based on credit score, but I don't know by how much.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• soxfan1918soxfan1918 Member Posts: 18
    What is the current July MF and residual % for 2015 CLA for 36 months w 10K vs 12K miles? Any difference w CL45 MF rates or residuals?

What is the current July MF and residual % for 2015 CLA for 36 months w 10K vs 12K miles? Any difference w CL45 MF rates or residuals?

Big difference .. CLA250 MF is .00121; CLA45 MF is between .00180 and .00220.

And, 4% difference in the residuals (62% for 36/12 on the CLA250, 58% for the CLA45)

Overall, the AMG car is going to be much more expensive to lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• soxfan1918soxfan1918 Member Posts: 18
    Thant's what I feared...do all the AMGs have a higher MFs and lower residuals? Whats the CAL45 MF and residual for 30 months and 10K miles?

Thant's what I feared...do all the AMGs have a higher MFs and lower residuals? Whats the CAL45 MF and residual for 30 months and 10K miles?

Yes.. all AMGs are very, very expensive to lease

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• anatolysanatolys Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2015
    Hi, I'm looking at the following:

CLA45 AMG
    MSRP: $53,225
    NCC: $48,558
    36 months / 7,500
    56% residual (think it's supposed to be 58%)
    MF: .0022
    $4,012 due at signing: told that was inception and tax for NYC
    monthly payment: $637

Sounds like a good deal but I can't get the numbers to work so I am confused :)

I'm also not thrilled that this car does not have the multimedia package i.e. back up camera or factory nav. Comes with the Garmin navi instead which means the smaller screen.

Any feedback on the price and my plan to install one of those back up camera kits on a lease would be appreciated.

Anatoly