Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Looking for leasing information for Nissian Rouge SV with Premium Interior/Floor Mats/Blind Spot Ins

jkern33jkern33 Member Posts: 27
edited August 2015 in Nissan
My fiance is looking to lease a Nissan Rouge SV. I usually buy cars so I'm new to the whole lease thing. What information do I need to know for leasing in zip 18966? I'm trying to stay under $300/mo?

I was given the below quote

MSRP : $29,155
Savings : $4,176
Est. Price : $24,979

I feel like this is a good price, but not sure if I have any further negotiating power...
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    Hi Michaell - Thanks for you response!

How did you get to a payment of $240.56/month?

When I calc. using a 57% Residual and MF .00020 I get
    - Depreciation of 298.36/mo [(24,979 - 14,238)/36mo]
    - Fin Fee of 7.84/mo [(24,979+14,238)*.00020]
  • Options
    Oh I was taking the 57% residual x the Net Capital Costs (24,979)...should I be multiplying by the MSRP instead?
  • Options
    So the Residual Value is based off of the MSRP and the Amount Used is based on Net Capital Cost? is that correct?
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 242,286
    jkern33 said:

So the Residual Value is based off of the MSRP and the Amount Used is based on Net Capital Cost? is that correct?

Residual is based off the MSRP.

I don't know what you mean by "amount used".

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    I understand how we are arriving at the Residual Value. Now I'm wondering how to I get to the amount that the Depreciation is based off of (what I was referring to as amount used)?
  • Options
    Thanks this is all really helpful! Do you know if the tax on a lease (PA) is based on the final selling price with or without fees?
  • Options
    Tax is simple enough. Another question...when I build a car on the Nissan website, the MSRP includes the $880 destination fee. How come when I talk to the dealer they give me an MSRP, discounts and selling price and then tell me no fees (even destination) are included in that? Don't they have to include destination in the MSRP to determine an accurate residual value?
  • Options
    jkern33 said:

Tax is simple enough. Another question...when I build a car on the Nissan website, the MSRP includes the $880 destination fee. How come when I talk to the dealer they give me an MSRP, discounts and selling price and then tell me no fees (even destination) are included in that? Don't they have to include destination in the MSRP to determine an accurate residual value?

They are playing games with you ... the destination fee is absolutely required to get an accurate payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    When we talk about the Rouge base MF rate of .0002...is that set by the leasing company and any additional is set by the dealer? So anything above .0002 is sort of a finance fee?
  • Options
    Last night I spoke to a sales person at the Nissan dealer near me. For this particular Nissan Rouge (SV), he quoted me the following :

MSRP = 29,000
    Mft Rebates = 1,355
    Dealer Savings = 1,420
    Net Cap Cost = 26,225
    Mo PMT (with Tax) = 337.90

He refused to show me his residual value and MF figures. And swore that if anyone offered a better deal in PA they were lying.

I know that they have to be using a 57% residual, so that must mean they are increasing the MF significantly over the base .0002 factor. How do I respond to this?
  • Options
    Also, when I tried to speak to the sales manager regarding "Dealer Cash" he acted like I was making up this term. I realize I should just go to another dealer (and I will), but is there a particular way I can communicate that I don't the DEALER (as opposed to the manufacturer) is giving me enough in savings?
  • Options
    jkern33 said:

Also, when I tried to speak to the sales manager regarding "Dealer Cash" he acted like I was making up this term. I realize I should just go to another dealer (and I will), but is there a particular way I can communicate that I don't the DEALER (as opposed to the manufacturer) is giving me enough in savings?

Dealer cash is a factory to dealer incentive - the dealer can choose to pass it along to the customer, in whole or in part.

Knowledge is power - some dealers are slow to catch on to this new fangled thing called the internet and how it affects the car buying (and selling) process.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator