Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 Audi S4 Lease Questions

2»

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,337
    kyfdx said:
    Unfortunately the brake job at dealership w/ OEM parts - is super expensive, $1850ish give or take for FULL brake job. People saying it happens around 25-35k. Plus Audi OEM pads have a lot of metallic particles (the reason for heavy brake dust) and they wear out the rotors rather quickly. Dallas is known for unusually terrible streets around where I live - Potholes, constant construction, etc. So you are almost for sure having to replace at least 2 tires (very conservative) in 3.5 years, and maybe more in reality. 400 per tire and your at 800. 2511 - 800(tires) - 1850(brake job) = -139. Figured it was unfortunately worth it but it still not pumped about the extra 60 bucks per month. Thoughts?
    Road hazard protection isn't going to pay for new tires, if you wear yours out.. I've been driving my current car with 18" summer tires and 17" winter tires for six years, and have had exactly one tire failure.... on a winter tire that was already on its last month of use. $60 X 36 months = $2160. If you pay that much, you'll be hoping for tire and brake failures... that's no way to go..
     The original poster was looking at the 42 month lease, which makes his tire and brake insurance even that much more expensive… 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    jm10183jm10183 Member Posts: 3
    Michaell said:

kyfdx said:

jm10183 said:

Unfortunately the brake job at dealership w/ OEM parts - is super expensive, $1850ish give or take for FULL brake job. People saying it happens around 25-35k. Plus Audi OEM pads have a lot of metallic particles (the reason for heavy brake dust) and they wear out the rotors rather quickly.

Dallas is known for unusually terrible streets around where I live - Potholes, constant construction, etc. So you are almost for sure having to replace at least 2 tires (very conservative) in 3.5 years, and maybe more in reality. 400 per tire and your at 800.

2511 - 800(tires) - 1850(brake job) = -139. Figured it was unfortunately worth it but it still not pumped about the extra 60 bucks per month. Thoughts?

Road hazard protection isn't going to pay for new tires, if you wear yours out..

I've been driving my current car with 18" summer tires and 17" winter tires for six years, and have had exactly one tire failure.... on a winter tire that was already on its last month of use.

$60 X 36 months = $2160. If you pay that much, you'll be hoping for tire and brake failures... that's no way to go..

The original poster was looking at the 42 month lease, which makes his tire and brake insurance even that much more expensive… 

And thats why I'm canceling both ;) Just as a reference point. Do most people buy Audi Care when they lease. Its doesnt seem too ripoff-ish....Thoughts.
  • Options
    jm10183 said:

Michaell said:

kyfdx said:

jm10183 said:

Unfortunately the brake job at dealership w/ OEM parts - is super expensive, $1850ish give or take for FULL brake job. People saying it happens around 25-35k. Plus Audi OEM pads have a lot of metallic particles (the reason for heavy brake dust) and they wear out the rotors rather quickly.

Dallas is known for unusually terrible streets around where I live - Potholes, constant construction, etc. So you are almost for sure having to replace at least 2 tires (very conservative) in 3.5 years, and maybe more in reality. 400 per tire and your at 800.

2511 - 800(tires) - 1850(brake job) = -139. Figured it was unfortunately worth it but it still not pumped about the extra 60 bucks per month. Thoughts?

Road hazard protection isn't going to pay for new tires, if you wear yours out..

I've been driving my current car with 18" summer tires and 17" winter tires for six years, and have had exactly one tire failure.... on a winter tire that was already on its last month of use.

$60 X 36 months = $2160. If you pay that much, you'll be hoping for tire and brake failures... that's no way to go..

And thats why I'm canceling both ;) Just as a reference point. Do most people buy Audi Care when they lease. Its doesnt seem too ripoff-ish....Thoughts.

AudiCare represents a good value, given the service costs incurred during a lease. Can't tell you how many folks interested in a lease on these boards ultimately get it, however.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    poopspoops Member Posts: 223
    Any new lease incentives on the S4 ('15 & '16) for March?
  • Options
    poops said:

Trim? Lease term and miles per year?

No 2015 numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

poops said:

No 2015 numbers.
    Sorry... Premium Plus, 36 mos, & 10k miles.

• Options
    poops said:

Michaell said:

poops said:

No 2015 numbers.
    Sorry... Premium Plus, 36 mos, & 10k miles.

.00064 and 56%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Any new incentives on S4 leases for the month of April?

I'm specifically looking for figures for a 2016 S4 Premium Plus lease for 36 months & 7.5k miles. Thanks!
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    poops said:

Any new incentives on S4 leases for the month of April?

I'm specifically looking for figures for a 2016 S4 Premium Plus lease for 36 months & 7.5k miles. Thanks!

.00045 MF and 56% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    guero235guero235 Member Posts: 10
    Looking for mf and residual for 2016 S4 prestige for 36 month 30k miles

Thanks!
  • Options
    guero235 said:

Looking for mf and residual for 2016 S4 prestige for 36 month 30k miles

Thanks!

.00045 and 52%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    nycxfinestnycxfinest Member Posts: 40
    I'm looking to get into a 16 audi S4 premium plus. do you know what are the current mf and residual for the car on 10k and 12k miles in NY. what kind of deal should i be looking at as to discounts. I'm a sales rep at a Honda/Acura dealership here in nyc. Also do you know if your still able to lease a new 15 S4?

Thank You
  • Options

I'm looking to get into a 16 audi S4 premium plus. do you know what are the current mf and residual for the car on 10k and 12k miles in NY. what kind of deal should i be looking at as to discounts. I'm a sales rep at a Honda/Acura dealership here in nyc. Also do you know if your still able to lease a new 15 S4?

Thank You

.00045 MF and 55%/54% residual for 36 months.
    6% off MSRP minus any other incentives is usually a good price for an Audi.

We don't show any lease programs for the 2015 S4.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Is there a program for 39 months . Same mf and residual ? 
  • Options

Is there a program for 39 months . Same mf and residual ? 

.00065 MF and 53%/52% residual for 39 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Any new lease incentives on the S4 for the month of May? Looking at 36mos. 10k/year.
  • Options
    poops said:

Any new lease incentives on the S4 for the month of May? Looking at 36mos. 10k/year.

Current Audi numbers are valid through the end of June, though updates could happen.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

poops said:

Current Audi numbers are valid through the end of June, though updates could happen.
    And those numbers are MF-.00045 & Residual-55% for Premium Plus for an S4 with 36mos. and 10k miles?
  • Options
    poops said:

Michaell said:

poops said:

And those numbers are MF-.00045 & Residual-55% for Premium Plus for an S4 with 36mos. and 10k miles?
    The Audi program did change yesterday .... but the numbers stayed the same for the S4. What you quoted is still correct.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    michael1000michael1000 Member Posts: 16
    Hi Michael L...me again and this time I'm close to making a deal. From my untrained eye, the numbers look good but would like you to point out anything with it:

this is a quote for 12K 36 months add ~ 30/month for 15K miles. This is in California for tax reference purposes.

MSRP 58075
    Capitalized Cost (Gross): 53654.75
    Capitalized Cost reduction: 431.45
    Money Factor: .00045
    Residual Value: 55% with Audicare
    Fee's
    State inc in our lic/reg I believe
    Acquisition 795
    document 80
    Audicare: 849
    license/registration 483.75
    Payment with Audicare inc: 610+Tax/month

Am I missing anything that you need?

For a 2016 S4
  • Options

Hi Michael L...me again and this time I'm close to making a deal. From my untrained eye, the numbers look good but would like you to point out anything with it:

this is a quote for 12K 36 months add ~ 30/month for 15K miles. This is in California for tax reference purposes.

MSRP 58075
    Capitalized Cost (Gross): 53654.75
    Capitalized Cost reduction: 431.45
    Money Factor: .00045
    Residual Value: 55% with Audicare
    Fee's
    State inc in our lic/reg I believe
    Acquisition 795
    document 80
    Audicare: 849
    license/registration 483.75
    Payment with Audicare inc: 610+Tax/month

Am I missing anything that you need?

For a 2016 S4

With your numbers, I get $642/mo plus tax.

Confirm the adjusted cap cost - I'm assuming you are paying all the fees up front.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    1999 due at signing and that is suppose to cover first month and everything, apparently. Something I should clarify?
  • Options
    and do you think with the numbers I have that it's a good deal?
  • Options
    Hi Michael L, haven't heard anything back...did I do something wrong?
  • Options

1999 due at signing and that is suppose to cover first month and everything, apparently. Something I should clarify?

My apologies .. somehow I lost your thread.

I'd ask for a specific breakdown of the $1999 - it's possible some of it is going to cap reduction, which would lower your payment.

At the moment, I can't reconcile the numbers you've shared to the payment offer from the dealer. But, the difference is in your favor. I'd want to know why.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Hi Michael, okay, here are the numbers:

MSRP 58075
    Gross capitalized cost: 53016.27
    Capitalized cost reduction 481.55
    Adjusted capitalized cost: 52534.72
    Residual Value: 31941.25
    Depreciation and any amortized amounts: 20593.47
    Rent charge: 1368.33
    Total base payments: 21961.80
    Lease term: 36/12K
    Payment 610.05 + tax
    Agreed upon value of vehicle 51575
    License 436
    Electronic vehicle registration 29.00
    Service contract 849

1999 breakdown:
    first monthely 658.85
    Acquisition fee 795
    sales tax 63.60

Also got the all weather floor mats thrown in and this includes Audi Care.

Please tell me I got a good deal.
  • Options

Hi Michael, okay, here are the numbers:

MSRP 58075
    Gross capitalized cost: 53016.27
    Adjusted capitalized cost: 52534.72
    Residual Value: 31941.25
    Depreciation and any amortized amounts: 20593.47
    Rent charge: 1368.33
    Total base payments: 21961.80
    Lease term: 36/12K
    Payment 610.05 + tax
    Agreed upon value of vehicle 51575
    License 436
    Electronic vehicle registration 29.00
    Service contract 849

1999 breakdown:
    first monthely 658.85
    Acquisition fee 795
    sales tax 63.60

Also got the all weather floor mats thrown in and this includes Audi Care.

Please tell me I got a good deal.

I agree with the math.

Only way to make it better is to get a better selling price, or use MSD to buy down the MF.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    thank you Michael!
  • Options
    Any new lease programs for the S4 in the month of June?
  • Options
    poops said:

Any new lease programs for the S4 in the month of June?

No changes to the S4 lease numbers for June.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    is there any new programs for july on the S4 or incentives?
  • Options

is there any new programs for july on the S4 or incentives?

.00201 MF and 51% residual for 36/15.
    Subtract 3% if Prestige model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    localh85localh85 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2016
    Good Evening,

I had a question about the S4 lease deals. Every dealer will have these same offers (MF / residual) that you mention?

If so, seems like the residual is quite low compared to what has been offered just a few months ago.

I am interested in the S4 Prestige, 36 mo / 12k yr.
  • Options
    localh85 said:

Good Evening,

I had a question about the S4 lease deals. Every dealer will have these same offers (MF / residual) that you mention?

If so, seems like the residual is quite low compared to what has been offered just a few months ago.

I am interested in the S4 Prestige, 36 mo / 12k yr.

00201 and 50%. Prestige has the lowest residual, and the residual value tends to drop as the year goes on

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    localh85localh85 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2016
    Michaell said:

00201 and 50%. Prestige has the lowest residual, and the residual value tends to drop as the year goes on

Thank you very much, as compared to even April, it doesn't look like right now is an ideal time to lease if I have no intention to buy it after 3 years. But if I want to purchase it after 3 years, the residual is more in my favor I suppose.

Around winter / spring the MF was nearly 50% lower.
  • Options
    localh85 said:

Michaell said:

Thank you very much, as compared to even April, it doesn't look like right now is an ideal time to lease if I have no intention to buy it after 3 years. But if I want to purchase it after 3 years, the residual is more in my favor I suppose.

Around winter / spring the MF was nearly 50% lower.
    They have pretty much removed all lease support from the 2016 A4/S4 models. As far as the A4, the new 2017 model is out... not sure why they aren't still supporting the S4, though.

Definitely not a good time to lease the 2016 S4.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator