Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Deals and Prices

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
edited September 2017 in Jeep
Ask your 2017 Grand Cherokee lease questions here! Get info about prices, money factor, deals, incentives, and payments.

Check out the 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee here.

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• jsl1949jsl1949 Member Posts: 27
    Can you tell me lease money factor/residual for 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4, 36 months, 10K miles.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    jsl1949 said:

Can you tell me lease money factor/residual for 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4, 36 months, 10K miles.

No info on the 2017 model, yet. Probably not until September

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• BEEMERXBEEMERX Member Posts: 43
    edited August 2016
    any luck on the numbers yet? I see some dealers have the cars in stock.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,042
    BEEMERX said:

any luck on the numbers yet? I see some dealers have the cars in stock.

Nothing yet .. perhaps next month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• hwajid2hwajid2 Member Posts: 18
    New to leasing. I'm trying to understand will there be a benefit to leasing a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland vs the 2016 model (plan on 36/12k or 24/10k)? Any advice would be helpful.
    hwajid2 said:

New to leasing. I'm trying to understand will there be a benefit to leasing a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland vs the 2016 model (plan on 36/12k or 24/10k)? Any advice would be helpful.

We don't have any 2017 Grand Cherokee lease numbers yet, so can't really answer your question.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Michaell said:

hwajid2 said:

We don't have any 2017 Grand Cherokee lease numbers yet, so can't really answer your question.
    Ok. Thanks.
    But in general I would think that leasing the older model (2016) would have a lower purchase price because wouldn't the selling price of a new 2017 be closer to MSRP? I understand the RV of the 2016 would be lower compared to a 2017 model, but wouldn't the car manufacturer provide more incentives to get the older 2016 out of the lot? Or does leasing just matter on what deals the dealer provides that month and is a bit more convoluted than I think?

-Thanks for any help.Once again, novice here...
    hwajid2 said:

Michaell said:

hwajid2 said:

Ok. Thanks.
    But in general I would think that leasing the older model (2016) would have a lower purchase price because wouldn't the selling price of a new 2017 be closer to MSRP? I understand the RV of the 2016 would be lower compared to a 2017 model, but wouldn't the car manufacturer provide more incentives to get the older 2016 out of the lot? Or does leasing just matter on what deals the dealer provides that month and is a bit more convoluted than I think?

All that is logical, but it doesn't always work out that way. If Chrysler wants to move 2016 models, they can either cut the price to sell them, or put lease incentives on them to move them that way. What they might do and why is a job for their bean counters.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

hwajid2 said:

Michaell said:

hwajid2 said:

Ok. Thanks.

All that is logical, but it doesn't always work out that way. If Chrysler wants to move 2016 models, they can either cut the price to sell them, or put lease incentives on them to move them that way. What they might do and why is a job for their bean counters.
    ...who often argue with the sales and marketing folks...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

kyfdx said:

hwajid2 said:

Michaell said:

hwajid2 said:

Ok. Thanks.

...who often argue with the sales and marketing folks...

Thanks guys
    Any update on 2017 Jeep GC MF/RV? AWD OVL 36/12K
    hwajid2 said:

Any update on 2017 Jeep GC MF/RV? AWD OVL 36/12K

.00084 and 56%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Any idea on incentives on 2017 Overland 4x4 re lease? loyalty? etc?
    If the dealer buys my car from Chrysler credit to sell on their lot, do they get a discount from my residual value per lease?
    jsl1949 said:

Any idea on incentives on 2017 Overland 4x4 re lease? loyalty? etc?

We don't have any incentive information for Chrysler Capital.
    jsl1949 said:

If the dealer buys my car from Chrysler credit to sell on their lot, do they get a discount from my residual value per lease?

I'm not sure I understand the nature of your question ... are you talking about at lease end? The dealer buyout option is often less than what Chrysler will sell you the car for.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jsbeach209jsbeach209 Member Posts: 25
    Hi, I am looking for money factor and residual 36/15K on a 2017 Summit 4x4 V8 in Pa. Thanks in advance.
    When my lease is due I have a residual value that specifies what my cost would be to buy. I called Chrysler and their comment was that the dealer would buy the car from Chrysler for an amount less than the residual if they wanted to sell on their used car lot. Is that true? and any idea how much? My residual value is $25,010 on 2014 Jeep Overland 4x4 with 30K miles and perfect condition.
    jsl1949 said:

When my lease is due I have a residual value that specifies what my cost would be to buy. I called Chrysler and their comment was that the dealer would buy the car from Chrysler for an amount less than the residual if they wanted to sell on their used car lot. Is that true? and any idea how much? My residual value is $25,010 on 2014 Jeep Overland 4x4 with 30K miles and perfect condition.

It could be true. Chrysler Capital can't get the dealer to pay more than the actual wholesale value, regardless of the residual on your contract. The dealer is likely paying auction value for the vehicle.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hi, I am looking for money factor and residual 36/15K on a 2017 Summit 4x4 V8 in Pa. Thanks in advance.

.00117 MF and 52% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jet1959jet1959 Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2016
    2017 GC Trailhawk 36/12 lease - Received below quote from dealer. Seems ridiculously high to me. Any input on how bad this deal is or what I should be targeting for a payment given the info below? I know the residuals on the 17's aren't great right now, so maybe I would be better off waiting until they get better. Thanks

MSRP $49,225
    Sale Price $46,004
    MF .00117
    Residual 52% 25,597
    Sales Tax 7% NJ
    Monthly Payment $696 (No money down)
    jet1959 said:

2017 GC Trailhawk 36/12 lease - Received below quote from dealer. Seems ridiculously high to me. Any input on how bad this deal is or what I should be targeting for a payment given the info below? I know the residuals on the 17's aren't great right now, so maybe I would be better off waiting until they get better. Thanks

MSRP $49,225
    Sale Price $46,004
    MF .00117
    Residual 52% 25,597
    Sales Tax 7% NJ

I show Standard MF and 59% residual through Chrysler Capital.
    Your numbers look to be from an independent bank.

Either way, I'd wait before signing up for that monthly payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:
    2017 GC Trailhawk 36/12 lease - Received below quote from dealer. Seems ridiculously high to me. Any input on how bad this deal is or what I should be targeting for a payment given the info below? I know the residuals on the 17's aren't great right now, so maybe I would be better off waiting until they get better. Thanks MSRP $49,225 Sale Price $46,004 MF .00117 Residual 52% 25,597 Sales Tax 7% NJ Monthly Payment $696 (No money down)
    I show Standard MF and 59% residual through Chrysler Capital. Your numbers look to be from an independent bank. Either way, I'd wait before signing up for that monthly payment.
    What MF do you have?

If I use the 59% and my existing MF i get a monthly payment of $575. Sounds more reasonable to me. Does that make sense? Thanks
    jet1959 said:

kyfdx said:

jet1959 said:

MSRP $49,225
    Sale Price $46,004
    MF .00117
    Residual 52% 25,597
    Sales Tax 7% NJ

I show Standard MF and 59% residual through Chrysler Capital.
    Your numbers look to be from an independent bank.

Either way, I'd wait before signing up for that monthly payment.

What MF do you have?

If I use the 59% and my existing MF i get a monthly payment of $575. Sounds more reasonable to me. Does that make sense? Thanks

Standard MF is around .00200 for Chrysler Capital.

Not likely to see the residuals improve, but there is a lot of room for the MF to come down.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks.  

Just got another lease offer from a PA dealer for $731 a month on the same trailhawk. Guess these dealers just want to keep these cars to themselves.  I can lease a gle or x5 for less.
    jet1959 said:

Thanks.  

Just got another lease offer from a PA dealer for $731 a month on the same trailhawk. Guess these dealers just want to keep these cars to themselves.  I can lease a gle or x5 for less.

New model year + new trim level + limited availability = high lease payment.

Yes, you can lease a German SUV for a comparable price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• gobernastergobernaster Member Posts: 33
    Are 2017 Trailhawk and Summit lease rates available yet (MF & Residual)? If so please provide for best monthly term. Thank you!

Are 2017 Trailhawk and Summit lease rates available yet (MF & Residual)? If so please provide for best monthly term. Thank you!

Assuming 4x4 for the Summit ....

36/15 numbers:
    Summit - .00117 and 52%
    Trailhawk - standard MF (around .00200) and 57%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• gobernastergobernaster Member Posts: 33
    Michaell said:

36/15 numbers:
    Summit - .00117 and 52%
    Thank you! +2% for 12k, right?

Michaell said:

36/15 numbers:
    Summit - .00117 and 52%
    Thank you! +2% for 12k, right?
    Yes, that is correct.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• stumc1stumc1 Member Posts: 34
    Hello,

I saw your answer above for the Summit 4X4, is the MF & residual % different for a 2017 GJC Summit 4X2?

Looking for 36/12 and 36/15 values if they are different.

Thanks
    stumc1 said:

Hello,

I saw your answer above for the Summit 4X4, is the MF & residual % different for a 2017 GJC Summit 4X2?

Looking for 36/12 and 36/15 values if they are different.

Thanks

4X2 numbers aren't as good.

.00142 MF and 53%/51% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• davebosox1967davebosox1967 Member Posts: 4
    Looking for MF and residual on 2016 Trailhawk 4x4 with v6.
    36/10k
    Seeing crazy incentives on the trailhawk vs the other trims, is Jeep discontinuing the Trailhawk in '17?

Looking for MF and residual on 2016 Trailhawk 4x4 with v6.
    36/10k
    Seeing crazy incentives on the trailhawk vs the other trims, is Jeep discontinuing the Trailhawk in '17?

The 2016 discussion is here:

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/38729/jeep/grand-cherokee/2016-jeep-grand-cherokee-lease-questions#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bgosnellbgosnell Member Posts: 34
    Looks like Jeep is pushing the 42 month lease on their site. Can you give the 2016 and 2017 42 month residual and mf on 4wd overland for 15k?
    bgosnell said:

Looks like Jeep is pushing the 42 month lease on their site. Can you give the 2016 and 2017 42 month residual and mf on 4wd overland for 15k?

2017: .00067 MF and 49% residual
    2016: .00034 MF and 46% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• impy5impy5 Member Posts: 10
    Would you happen to have MF and residual for a 2017 Limited 4x4, 3/36 for Connecticut? Also is Chrysler Capital really now pushing 39 and 42 month leases? If so would you happen to have numbers on them?

Thanks!
    impy5 said:

Would you happen to have MF and residual for a 2017 Limited 4x4, 3/36 for Connecticut? Also is Chrysler Capital really now pushing 39 and 42 month leases? If so would you happen to have numbers on them?

Thanks!

.00026 MF and 57% residual
    .00026 MF and 55% residual
    .00011 MF and 52% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• impy5impy5 Member Posts: 10
    Thank you!
  • mctwist938mctwist938 Member Posts: 19
    kyfdx said:

impy5 said:

Thanks!

Can you give the same numbers here but with 15,000?

Thanks

kyfdx said:

impy5 said:

Thanks!

Thanks
    Subtract 2% to go from 12K/yr to 15K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:
    Would you happen to have MF and residual for a 2017 Limited 4x4, 3/36 for Connecticut? Also is Chrysler Capital really now pushing 39 and 42 month leases? If so would you happen to have numbers on them? Thanks!
    .00026 MF and 57% residual .00026 MF and 55% residual .00011 MF and 52% residual
    Can you give the same numbers here but with 15,000? Thanks

I was just quoted numbers in the 2017 thread as well , and at truecar.com estimated cost for each car as a baseline, I can actually lease a 2017 for cheaper than a 2016? Is that accurate? Very bad mf and residual on the 2016s?

kyfdx said:

Thanks!

Thanks

I was just quoted numbers in the 2017 thread as well , and at truecar.com estimated cost for each car as a baseline, I can actually lease a 2017 for cheaper than a 2016? Is that accurate? Very bad mf and residual on the 2016s?

It's possible.

But, truecar isn't an actual dealer offer. There may be lease incentives that we don't know about, or that truecar isn't factoring into their estimate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Can you please give me numbers in Connecticut for a 2017 overland and a 2017 limited 4x4, 12k and 15k?

thanks 
    edited September 2016

Can you please give me numbers in Connecticut for a 2017 overland and a 2017 limited 4x4, 12k and 15k?

thanks 

36/15
    Overland - .00084 and 54%
    Limited - .00026 and 55

Add 2% for 12K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

thanks 

36/15
    Limited - .00026 and 55

Add 2% for 12K
    thank you for the quick reply. i apologize, but i forgot to specify, i assume those are the 36 and 39 month numbers, i would also like the 42 month numbers as it seems that there has been a dip in money factor at 42 months. thanks so much.

Michaell said:

thanks 

36/15
    Limited - .00026 and 55

Add 2% for 12K
    thank you for the quick reply. i apologize, but i forgot to specify, i assume those are the 36 and 39 month numbers, i would also like the 42 month numbers as it seems that there has been a dip in money factor at 42 months. thanks so much.
    Those are only the 36 month numbers; subtract 2% for 39 month terms

42/15 numbers
    Overland - .00067 and 49%
    Limited - .00011 and 50%

The lower MF is offset by the lower residual; but, run the numbers to see which gives you the best payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• knackllknackll Member Posts: 21
    edited September 2016
    Hello-would it be possible to get the mf & residual for a 2017 GC Summit 4x4? The term I'm interested in is 24mnths 10k/yr.
    Also the same numbers for the Overland.
    looking at past posts I have noticed the Summit does not seem to lease well. Why is that?
    Thank you in advance!
  • knackllknackll Member Posts: 21
    Thank you
    knackll said:

Hello-would it be possible to get the mf & residual for a 2017 GC Summit 4x4? The term I'm interested in is 24mnths 10k/yr.
    Also the same numbers for the Overland.
    looking at past posts I have noticed the Summit does not seem to lease well. Why is that?
    Thank you in advance!

Summit - .00041 and 58%
    Overland - .00022 and 61%

Higher trim levels tend to have poorer numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• clawperclawper Member Posts: 5
    Is this a good offer? Just got quoted for a 2017 Overland with tow pkg, blind spot detection, safety group upgrades ($48,575 MSRP) for $3500 down, $550/mo including taxes for 36 mo/10k miles/yr. I don't know cap cost, MF or residual numbers. Seems to be a pretty decent offer??