Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2017 Acura MDX AWD Price Paid and buying experience

Comments

• steverstever Posts: 52,462
    Draft

I have received a quote for a 2017 AWD MDX with Tech package from a Washington D.C. area dealership:

$47,150 (including $940 destination fee), $300 "processing fee", plus applicable state tax, tag and title. Tag and title are estimated at $245, but would likely be less if tag is transferred from trade-in vehicle. Tax paid will be dependent upon where vehicle is registered. The $4,150 discount from MSRP ($50,300) seems significant to me. Any comments?

Hi @willbrook1, you know the drill - the True Market Value average price paid for DC is $49,830 - your quote is about $600 below invoice. And that's on the latest and greatest. Very "significant".

My only question is what color are you getting. :)

• Looking to buy a AWD + Advanced package. What would I expect to pay. Is 53k + TTR reasonable?

Thanks
    mmmgggg said:

Looking to buy a AWD + Advanced package. What would I expect to pay. Is 53k + TTR reasonable?

Thanks

Invoice is $53,389, MSRP is $57,340 and the True Market Value average price paid for a random zipcode is $56,158.

$53k should be doable in some areas, perhaps not all though.
  • sheker said:

Completed purchase today in VA state (model 2017 Acura MDX SH-AWD with Technology Package).
    45,830 purchase price + 598 processing + 1926 VA Tax + 78.93 Business licence Tax+ 65 Licencing+$751 basic 3 yrs Acura care=49,251 (OTD)

Is this good price ?

@sheker
    Me & many others here would greatly appreciate if you can provide the dealer info where you got your MDX at this screeching price. And also confirm the price you mentioned --> $45,830 including destination for 2017 MDX SH-AWD with Technology Package.
  • Live in the Bay Area. Hoping to close on this deal tomorrow. Been emailing various dealers and so far the best offer I have for a 2017 FWD Tech Package Black/Ebony is $45,362 + Reg $518.75 + Tax $4,316.99 = $50,197.74 OTD. This was for Crystal Black on Ebony. Supposedly all bay area dealers do not currently have this model in stock so the vehicle I hope to purchase is in transit and expected within 2 weeks.

That was the best offer for that color scheme. The best offer by far for just the car was from Hopkins Acura which offered $49,700 OTD for FWD TECH Modern Steel Metallic / Ebony. The salesman was upfront in letting me know that a dealership bonus was at stake. They had 8 more cars to go or so to reach it.

I waited patiently to take advantage of the last week of the month which will also be the last week of the 3rd quarter. Now during the course of this process I have been a victim of attempted bait and switch so I keep my guard up for any offer until I sign on the dotted line.

I will update everyone tomorrow hopefully when this is done. Wish me luck folks.

Luck!
  • Can someone tell me whether this is a good deal?
    Lease on 2017 MDX with tech 36 x 10k a year.

Sale Price or cap cost: $47,347.00
    Residual: 63%
    Money Factor: .00153

Total due @ signing: $1696.17 which are your drive off expenses.

35 remaining payments of $539 plus tax.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 109,968
    briantrev said:

Can someone tell me whether this is a good deal?

I'm showing 62% for 36/10 on the MDX Tech.

What is the MSRP?

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• The MSRP is $51,300.00
  • Closed last night.

2017 Acura MDX FWD TECH
    MSRP $49,300
    Sale Price $45,362 + Tax + L&R = $50,197.74 OTD.
    Michaell said:

briantrev said:

Can someone tell me whether this is a good deal?

I'm showing 62% for 36/10 on the MDX Tech.

What is the MSRP?
    briantrev said:

The MSRP is $51,300.00

I get $553/mo pre-tax with those prices and the 62% residual.

What state and tax rate is this?

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Congrats @dinformer and thanks for the detailed post!
  • This is for MA. So sales tax is 6.25%
    briantrev said:

This is for MA. So sales tax is 6.25%

$588/mo with tax. Your deal looks solid.

• the thing I don't understand is how they are telling me my payment will be $539?
    briantrev said:

the thing I don't understand is how they are telling me my payment will be $539?

Confirm the adjusted cap cost with them. And, are they expecting any money as cap reduction?

• OK - heres the full story now:

MSRP 51,300,
    Drive off fees: acquisition fee: $595, Document fee: $335, registration:$135, first month:$573 (total:$1696)
    36 payments of $573.
    The original quote of $539 was without the taxes figured in.

Still a good deal?
    briantrev said:

OK - heres the full story now:

MSRP 51,300,
    Drive off fees: acquisition fee: $595, Document fee: $335, registration:$135, first month:$573 (total:$1696)
    36 payments of $573.
    The original quote of $539 was without the taxes figured in.

Still a good deal?

I get the same payment, now. If you're comfortable with the selling price, you should be good to go.

• dd2501dd2501 Posts: 1
    Bay Area - 2017 MDX - SH AWD with tech package - 47300 + TTL.

Acura of pleasanton
  • hfzeushfzeus Posts: 39

sheker said:

Completed purchase today in VA state (model 2017 Acura MDX SH-AWD with Technology Package).
    45,830 purchase price + 598 processing + 1926 VA Tax + 78.93 Business licence Tax+ 65 Licencing+$751 basic 3 yrs Acura care=49,251 (OTD)

Is this good price ?

@sheker
    Me & many others here would greatly appreciate if you can provide the dealer info where you got your MDX at this screeching price. And also confirm the price you mentioned --> $45,830 including destination for 2017 MDX SH-AWD with Technology Package.
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    Since that poster is MIA for the last month, I'll give it a shot.

Based on the price, location, and processing fee amount, I would bet the dealership is Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA.
  • Thanks @hfzeus , it looks true , I did request a quote from Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA, talked to them, the numbers were close. My local dealers (more than one) said they will honor & match this price, saving a trip to VA and driving or shipping the MDX back. If I do get this matched locally as promised and end-up buying this MDX I will post the details.
  • hfzeushfzeus Posts: 39
    Ram_edmunds, I hope it works out well for you. I bought 2 of my last 3 cars from Pohanka and they delivered them to my door in NY. They even ate the shipping on the last one and it was on a flatbed in my driveway in a few days.
    Thanks for the follow-up.
  • 2017 MDX SH AWD Midatlantic with about $400 (probably worth $200) in accessories like floor mats
    $47K plus tax and tag/title. Took average of all prices I could find people buying at here and then started a little bit below that.
    Good going, congrats!
  • Purchased 2017 MDX SH AWD w/TECH from Chevy Chase Acura yesterday. $47,150 plus $300 "processing". Tax & Tags additional.
    Nice, about $700 below invoice on the latest and greatest.

Congrats!
  • sjdss17sjdss17 Posts: 1
    edited October 2016
    Live in the Bay Area. Bought MDX SH AWD w/Tech @ $46,500 plus TTL.
    Good going!
  • krisktkriskt Posts: 11
    edited November 2016
    I need advice between these 2 emailed printed up offers from a dealer in Chicago and one in WI for a 2017 Acura MDX AWD with Advance and Entertainment packages.

The dealer in Chicago has tried to add numerous dealer add-ons and fees which when I said were a dealbreaker and was going to hang up on the phone, they then subtracted some of them.

Chicago dealer- $63,522 (but really will be 63,812 because in the offer they figured lower taxes than what my state/city really are, despite me telling them exactly the correct percentage). Car in stock in the colors we want and we can pick it up this weekend. I'm just wary because of the things they keep trying to slip through, like they might pull a fast one when we drive long distance to get there and then don't have the car for us or something...

Selling price- 55,057 ($3343 discount car buying service from MSRP 58,400)
    taxes- 3,629 (figured wrong even though I told them the right rate, will be $300 higher)
    5K trailer package- 1845 (including installation charge of 810)
    roof cross rails- 394 (including installation charge of 144)
    "Pro package"- 450 (dealer add on crap of splash and door guards, "winter protection", seat protection, locking lug nuts, etc. They actually had this priced as 1595 and I said no way and was going to hang up and then they decreased it by 1145.....)
    Destination fee- 940
    Doc fee- 169.27
    Registration fee- 25

License fee- 752 Is this a fake fee or not? I spoke directly with the sales manager and he said this is a fee that has reciprocity with other states and it will be paid in IL, but still count in my home state. He talked fast and acted like no big deal, but what he said did NOT make sense to me. He said this is separate from tag and title and their 3rd party company takes care of this for them "thousands of times per month." What the heck is a License fee that would cost $752??? I can't find that anywhere as a legitimate fee on my state DVM web site when you register a new car!

WI dealer- $63,610.34 (seems more straightforward to me). Car color we want is NOT in stock and he said he would work hard to do a switch with another dealer even from a car that is currently being made and it could take a month or longer and we might not end up with our first color choices if we want the car sooner rather than later.

Selling price- 56,690 ($2650 discount from MSRP with destination charge 59,340)
    taxes- 4231 (correct and he used the tax rate I told him to use)
    5K trailer package- 1698 (including installation charge of 708)
    cross rails- 283.50 (250 including installation charge of 33.50)
    splash guards- 181.65 (138 including installation charge of 43.65)
    Doc fee- 195

I would go ahead and buy with the Chicago dealer (even with some bogus fees since they have the exact car we want) except for my nagging feeling of not being dealt with in an upfront and honest manner and afraid the deal will somehow fall through after we drive a long way.......

I would appreciate any advice! Thank you.
    edited November 2016
    Gotta go with your gut, and the licensing fee sounds like junk to me to. If it's legit, there should be something about it on the IL DMV site.

Oh, now the that pro pack is down to $450, it's only $419 overpriced. :D

That said the color is important and you're ready to buy. Maybe try to pin everything down with the Chicago dealer via email, right down to the VIN and negotiate on the OTD price so you don't have to haggle over the pro pack and licensing fee. Ask for some cell phone pics of the actual car too.

Then when you drive down and they bait and switch you, go enjoy a nice meal somewhere (been hearing good things about the Skeleton Key Brewery), maybe grab a B&B in Bucktown overnight and just drive back home the next day. Make a mini vacation out of it with a chore stuck in the middle and feel comfortable walking if they play games on you.

One more minor consideration - if you buy out of state, you likely won't be able to take advantage of your state's lemon law and will have to rely on the usual warranty laws.