Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Honda Accord Deals and Prices

Comments

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    If you wanted to play hardball in Dec, A savings of 300 to 500 dollars would be my target price to buy . You will work for that savings thou and would need to get 15 to 20 dealerships involved to achieve. Most dealers in NY wont go as high as your at now. In NJ you may get to a $2500 to 3k below invoice but most dealerships in NJ have a 299 to 399 doc fee where in NY its capped at 75 dollars

I like your above plan to buy at 30k and see if you could get 3 free oil changes and mud guards etc.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• will1amwill1am Member Posts: 2
    Hi @stever and all,
    I am learning a lot in this forum. One question , when we are talking about "2k below invoice", is the dealer doc fee included in the calculation of base price?

I am shopping for an Accord EX model in North Carolina. The best offer I got is $23,000+ $500 dealer fee+ TTL. Is this a good price? Invoice price is $25,223 and MSRP is $27,365 . If I count the dealer fee into the base price, then it is only ~1.7K below invoice. Should I keep looking and wait for the Christmas sale?

Thanks everyone for your input.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited November 2016
    will1am said:

Hi @stever and all,
    I am learning a lot in this forum. One question , when we are talking about "2k below invoice", is the dealer doc fee included in the calculation of base price?

I am shopping for an Accord EX model in North Carolina. The best offer I got is $23,000+ $500 dealer fee+ TTL. Is this a good price? Invoice price is $25,223 and MSRP is $27,365 . If I count the dealer fee into the base price, then it is only ~1.7K below invoice. Should I keep looking and wait for the Christmas sale?

Thanks everyone for your input.

No, my numbers include the destination but no doc fee. They vary from zero to around $1,000 in some areas. Anything over $50 is too much. :) Everyone's taxes are different too, so we try to suggest a good selling price and leave it to you to mind the fees, add in the taxes, and wind up with an OTD target price that way.

Invoice and TMV are close for a Raleigh zip. The invoice has a stupid ad fee of $115 so invoice should really be $25,108. TMV is $25,042.

All that aside, you've done your research and you have a good handle on your quote. It's a great quote at $23,000, but the fees are a bit high. That's really where the dealer profit is - even after the holdback and month end bonus money, the money isn't in new cars. The dealers depend on used car sales and service to pay the rent and the new car sales is just gravy.

I dunno, I think you could do ~$200 or $300 better right now. Christmas could gain you some more bucks. But @brian125 has the right idea. If you like the car, why wait for a couple of hundred bucks?

• darrenchengdarrencheng Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2016
    I got a quote for 2017 Accord EX w/ honda sensing of $26500 (OTD price)
    I'm in SF,CA
    Is this good enough?
    Sounds plenty good enough @darrencheng. Backing out ten percent for taxes, your selling price looks to be about $23,850. That's about $2,100 below invoice. And that's more than 15% off MSRP.

You can play with the numbers here.

Let us know how the deal goes down and good luck!
  • darrenchengdarrencheng Member Posts: 4
    stever said:

Sounds plenty good enough @darrencheng. Backing out ten percent for taxes, your selling price looks to be about $23,850. That's about $2,100 below invoice. And that's more than 15% off MSRP.

Let us know how the deal goes down and good luck!

@stever One dealer offers $100 less, but they don't have the color I want and can not give me the rate at 0.9%.
    So I got it from another dealer as $26500 with the rate of 0.9%, And $500 student discount.
    Good move, the color is a big deal for most of us. The extra discount and cheap financing is nice too.

Congrats!
  • willyozwillyoz Member Posts: 8
    Always appreciate these forums. Helped me know true market prices and save some cash for 3 different cars now. I bought an Accord Sport SE in the Atlanta area yesterday:

Vehicle Price (inc. destination): $21,653
    Doc fee: $899
    Georgia state tax (TAVT): $1,757
    Title/registration fees: $91
    Out-the-door: $24,400

Happy shopping and good luck everyone!
    Congrats @willyoz!
  • dhinla49dhinla49 Member Posts: 11
    Hi. First post. I am a 10+ time AHFC lessee but am planning on buying this time around. In SoCal. Have done business at Goudy, Woodland Hills, Keyes in the past. Looking for 2017 Accord EX-L CVT w/Navi+Honda Sense. From reading posts, looks like goal is about $2k under invoice? Have 4 months left on current lease. Thinking if dealer amenable and can get good deal, do at end of calendar year instead of wait for end of lease?? Any suggestions/advice? Thanks.
    edited December 2016
    Sure, talk to the dealer, they may be able to make it worth your while to switch early.

Right now, TMV is about $400 under invoice (28,629 vs $29,021). That's almost 9% off MSRP. So $2,000 off invoice would put you around 15% under MSRP. That may be doable around year end even though the range seems to be more around 8 to 12% off MSRP. (pricing link)

Welcome to the forum!

Oh, any particular reason you've decided to get off the leasing train?
  • dhinla49dhinla49 Member Posts: 11
    Thank you, Stever. I will have an 11 year old early next year. So I thought buying this time around and keeping for 5 years means I get my money's worth (vs lease) and I can hand a 16 year old a 5-year old, used 2017 Accord. I know the man upstairs laughs when we make plans, but this seems to make sense to me. Feel free to let me know if you disagree. Thank you.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,118
    dhinla49 said:

Thank you, Stever. I will have an 11 year old early next year. So I thought buying this time around and keeping for 5 years means I get my money's worth (vs lease) and I can hand a 16 year old a 5-year old, used 2017 Accord. I know the man upstairs laughs when we make plans, but this seems to make sense to me. Feel free to let me know if you disagree. Thank you.

Nope, makes perfect sense. You'll be the only owner, so you know it will be well cared for when you hand it down. Better than taking a chance on a used car owned by somebody else.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• pineapplespineapples Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2016
    Just wanted to share my experience because I've been reading these forums for months to get the courage to lease my first new car. I feel like it was a good deal and will cry a little if you all tell me it's not :-)

Honda Accord EX-L V6
    MSRP $31,730
    Invoice $29,089

$26,000 (includes $835 destination fee)
    plus:
    $599 title, license, reg., and doc fee
    $595 lease acquisition fee
    $869 sales tax

total: $28,063 (though I leased)
    Lol, congrats on the deal and the car! ;)
  • samnorcalsamnorcal Member Posts: 23
    Hi @stever @brian125 and rest of forum members -

Just wanted to share the details on the car I bought on Nov 30th in Nor Cal. Thanks to this forum who provided good guidance and an additional litmus test how much i could push the dealers in my region. I received quotes from 12 dealers within a 150mile radius. And my local dealer matched Bay Area price of $23,856 OTD

2017 Honda Accord Sports SE (Kona Coffee)
    MSRP $27,050
    Invoice $24,821 (w/ $831 destination charge)

Selling Price: $21,990 (includes destination)
    Pro Pack: $218
    Total Selling Price: $22,208 (as I wanted)

Sales Tax: $1785.36
    Graduation Bonus: -$500
    License, Fees: $361.75

FINAL OTD: $23,855.11
    Congrats!
  • dngelo1dngelo1 Member Posts: 24
    edited December 2016
    ilearn said:

dngelo1 said:

Thanks to Steve and Brian. Got the following yesterday:
    2017 Honda Accord Ex-L Sedan CVT Grey(since silver is out of stock at most ATL dealerships)
    MSRP= $29,655
    Invoice= $27,197
    Sale Price=$24,459
    0.9% financing
    OTD=$27,200
    Includes splash guards, wheel locks, nitro in tires, trunk tray
    Got the car from Carey Paul Honda. Relatively easy process. The hardest part was the wait time to go through finance, just because they had a few people ahead of me. 

dngelo1, I am in the atlanta market for Accord EX-L. Also looking for silver color. Will be buying by December end if I don't get a good deal on Black Friday. Any specific dealerships I should target to start the process. Also have to trade in my 10-yr old civic Hybrid.
    ilearn. Apologies for not replying sooner. If you haven't started the process already, my suggestions for you are to avoid Curry and Gwinnett Place. Curry, because they didn't do much in terms of being competitive or follow my requests. I actually walked out on Gwinnett Place because the manager was a real a-hole. They literally lost the sale because of him. Carey Paul and Mall of GA had the most competitive offerings imo.

With respect to a trade in, if you are able to, i would try to sell that car privately as you will get just a fraction of its value with a trade in. While i certainly understand the desire to trade in your car to help take out the hassle of selling privately and to have lower monthly payments, i think it's better to not indicate to the dealerships that you plan on putting a down payment down as i don't think you'll get as competitive pricing overall. Unless of course you plan on putting a rather substantial amount down to where your monthly payments are really low. At the end of the day, you'll have to figure out what is in your best financial situation and what you are comfortable to pay each month. Me personally, i didn't put any money down and using the proceeds from the sale of my old car to pay extra in each of my monthly payments. The objective is to trim that 5 year note down to 3(if not more). Let me know if you have any other questions.
  • alexcgfanalexcgfan Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2016
    There are a lot great price information here in this forum. However didn't see many purchased the extended warranty.

Do you guys think the extended warranty worth buying? There are many new gadgets in the car plus the new cvt.
    Welcome @alexcgfan. This post and thread is a couple of years old but I think the info is still good.

Basically wait and get a feel for how your particular car runs and then buy near the end of the warranty if it helps you sleep better at night. And shop online for the best deal.
  • honda888honda888 Member Posts: 17

I'm shopping for accord exl im 92647 - socal
    best offer so far is 25,300 +ttl and not having any luck going lower
    Can i do better?
    honda888 said:

I'm shopping for accord exl im 92647 - socal
    best offer so far is 25,300 +ttl and not having any luck going lower
    Can i do better?

MSRP is %29,665, Invoice is $27,461 and the TMV average for your zip is $26,813. All my numbers include the $835 destination.

Your offer is $2,161 below invoice and about 15% under MSRP. That's a great number and I'd grab it!

The nice thing about California is that doc fees are limited to $80.
    thanks stever and brian! I'll let you know what price i got after my purchase. Thinking i can go a bit lower
    edited December 2016
    honda888 said:

thanks stever and brian! I'll let you know what price i got after my purchase. Thinking i can go a bit lower

@stever.................... Mis wrote the wrong invoice price on your EXL Model probably because he is posting in 10 other forums at the same time .

@Edmunds list invoice price at $27,197 not........................... $27,497

I use KBB and Nada for Invoice pricing which lists vehicle @27,196

So just to adjust your current deal your @1896 below dealers invoice if you use my listed price .
    $1 Dollar more with Edmunds pricing

If your price includes the dest/ charge your at $1896 below invoice. Depending on your time frame and how many dealers you get involved in the price wars.... could net you $300 to 600 lower on a exl model. Your area in CA is good on Accord pricing.

Id offer 25k for the sale today.

Thanks @brian125!
    thanks @brian125!
    Really appreciate the feedback :)
  • tk900tk900 Member Posts: 43
    Hello,

I am getting below price for 2017 Honda accord LX CVT automatic-

MSRP $23990
    Selling price: 20090

Is this a good price in Maryland area?
    edited December 2016
    I get the same MSRP on this one @tk900 :)

Your selling price is like the Toyota, about 15% below MSRP. There are no incentives that I see and the True Market Value average price paid for your area is $21,257, which is about $800 below invoice.

I don't know what you are doing in your negotiating but keep it up - you're getting great numbers!
  • kahrloskahrlos Member Posts: 12
    I want to express my sincere thanks to the moderators and contributors on this forum. Seeing what others paid helped me get killer deals on 5 Accord EXL's over the years in the Dallas / Ft Worth area - a 2013 Sedan in Dec 2012 for my mom, 2014 Sedan and Coupe for my wife and myself in Dec 2013, and, in the last week, 2017 Sedan and Coupe lease replacements for the leased 2014's.

Final negotiated price on the 2017 Accord EXL including destination and dealer adds:

Sedan $24,700.
    Coupe $24,900.
    Dealer Doc fee $150.
    Sign and drive - Dealer made first lease payment on both vehicles.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    kahrlos said:

I want to express my sincere thanks to the moderators and contributors on this forum. Seeing what others paid helped me get killer deals on 5 Accord EXL's over the years in the Dallas / Ft Worth area - a 2013 Sedan in Dec 2012 for my mom, 2014 Sedan and Coupe for my wife and myself in Dec 2013, and, in the last week, 2017 Sedan and Coupe lease replacements for the leased 2014's.

Final negotiated price on the 2017 Accord EXL including destination and dealer adds:

Sedan $24,700.
    Coupe $24,900.
    Dealer Doc fee $150.
    Sign and drive - Dealer made first lease payment on both vehicles.

Congrats on the new Accords!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mc4nammc4nam Member Posts: 60
    Gentleman. I am about to start shopping hardcore now. I have an official turn in date of 1/4/17 of my VW. So hopefully I can close a deal on a new Accord 12/30/16. No trade in obviously. I could pay cash or finance whichever gets me a great deal.

Target price on White or Silver EX-L V6 Sedan with Nav? Target price on same but Touring Sedan?

I am in Dallas, Texas.

On a side note, the 2017 CR-V shows up on lots 12/21/16. Any chance of even getting invoice on one of those on 12/30/16?
    edited December 2016
    mc4nam said:

Gentleman. I am about to start shopping hardcore now. I have an official turn in date of 1/4/17 of my VW. So hopefully I can close a deal on a new Accord 12/30/16. No trade in obviously. I could pay cash or finance whichever gets me a great deal.

Target price on White or Silver EX-L V6 Sedan with Nav? Target price on same but Touring Sedan?

I am in Dallas, Texas.

On a side note, the 2017 CR-V shows up on lots 12/21/16. Any chance of even getting invoice on one of those on 12/30/16?

Target 15/ 20 dealerships in your area...... Send out email blasts to there internet dept. telling each you will buy the vehicle of your choice on that day for Xprice. You will answer your own pricing question trust me . Same applies to any Accord you buy.

I myself on Friday Dec 30th will be sending out emails and direct phones calls to each Internet manager.

The last 2 days, last day of Dec, are the Super-Bowl of Car buying...............Good luck

brian125 said:

mc4nam said:

I am in Dallas, Texas.

Target 15/ 20 dealerships in your area...... Send out email blasts to there internet dept. telling each you will buy the vehicle of your choice on that day for Xprice you will answer your own pricing question. Same applies to any Accord you buy.

I myself on Friday Dec 30th will be sending out emails and direct phones calls to each Internet manager.

The last 2 days, last day of Dec, are the Super-Bowl of Car buying...............Good luck

Thanks Brian. Any idea what that Xprice should be? $2500 back of Invoice(Incl. Dest and advertising fee.) of $31,014 too unrealistic on the EX-L V6 with sensing?
    edited December 2016
    16 or 17 model???

edited December 2016
    I purchased a new Nissan on 12/30/98. Found out a couple of weeks later that the year-end for dealer quota purposes was 1/4/99, and I had left money on the table. So you may still be able to score a killer deal a day or two after New Year's. Like to gamble? :)

Often you can get a better deal financing since dealers make money putting loan packages together. You can always pay the loan off early (check for a pre-payment penalty just in case though).

TMV for Big D is about $200 less than the invoice of $31,064 (including destination). MSRP is $33,730 for the EX-L V6 with Nav/Sensing. That's about 8% off the MSRP .

I don't know if it's doable but a good target would be 15% off MSRP and the closer to 20% off the stronger the deal. That range would be $28,664 to $27,000 for a selling price, but I doubt that $27k works - that's about $4,000 off invoice. We occasionally see Honda deals for $3,000 off but they are pretty rare.

Same idea for the Touring - 8 to 15% off the MSRP of $34,830 gets you into the better than average range.

Guesses about the CR-V? Yeah, I think some dealers will be pretty aggressive from day one. Maybe 10% off MSRP. But maybe not in Dallas, more likely in parts of California and around DC/VA/MD.

Hope this helps (and check my math - my caffeine is wearing off :) )
    brian125 said:

16 or 17 model???

17. No 16's around here.
    stever said:

I purchased a new Nissan on 12/30/98. Found out a couple of weeks later that the year-end for dealer quota purposes was 1/4/99, and I had left money on the table. So you may still be able to score a killer deal a day or two after New Year's. Like to gamble? :)

Often you can get a better deal financing since dealers make money putting loan packages together. You can always pay the loan off early (check for a pre-payment penalty just in case though).

TMV for Big D is about $200 less than the invoice of $31,064 (including destination). MSRP is $33,730 for the EX-L V6 with Nav/Sensing. That's about 8% off the MSRP .

I don't know if it's doable but a good target would be 15% off MSRP and the closer to 20% off the stronger the deal. That range would be $28,664 to $27,000 for a selling price, but I doubt that $27k works - that's about $4,000 off invoice. We occasionally see Honda deals for $3,000 off but they are pretty rare.

Same idea for the Touring - 8 to 15% off the MSRP of $34,830 gets you into the better than average range.

Guesses about the CR-V? Yeah, I think some dealers will be pretty aggressive from day one. Maybe 10% off MSRP. But maybe not in Dallas, more likely in parts of California and around DC/VA/MD.

Hope this helps (and check my math - my caffeine is wearing off :) )

Thanks Stever. That helps!
    edited December 2016
    Here's some more good advice just now from @brian125. Unlike me, he knows how to cut to the chase. :)
  • friarfunkfriarfunk Member Posts: 19
    stever said:

Here's some more good advice just now from @brian125. Unlike me, he knows how to cut to the chase. :)

Timely--I'm in DC and shopping for an EX-L CVT right now. Best offer in the first wave of emails:

Sale Price (w/destination): $24,696
    Processing: $300
    Tags/Title: $226
    Tax: $1498

OTD: $26,720

I expect I can get that down a little more, but I'm pleasantly surprised that we're starting at, what? $2500 under invoice?
    edited December 2016
    Yeah, invoice is $27,197 with invoice so your quote is $2,501 under invoice. Crazy. Sedans continue to lose out to SUVs and crossovers, but still, Honda is a great brand and Toyota isn't doing these kinds of deals.

You're at 10% off MSRP. 12% would put the number down to $23,933, which would eat up that doc fee nicely. Worth a shot. I'd be happy to get the doc fee down to $50!
  • friarfunkfriarfunk Member Posts: 19
    Yeah--I've been looking at Passats and the Mazda 6, too (there's a 2015 Grand Touring at the local Carmax that's tempting me), but it's tough to say no to a brand new Accord.

Anyone have thoughts on the Hybrid? Don't see a lot about them on here and other forums. Because DC waives sales tax on vehicles with >40MPG, I have an out-the-door offer on the Hybrid EX-L for $28,350.

Trunk's a little small and no fold-down seat is annoying, but I like the styling on the instruments, and the gas payback compared to the standard would only be about 4 years.
    edited December 2016
    Not really. My neighbor has a Civic Hybrid and they love it. Seems plenty roomy enough for them and their two pre-teen kiddos. Bet it'd be really great in your traffic if you have to commute in that mess.
    stever said:

@stever @brian125 Thanks. Do we believe Dallas is closer to NY at $1500 - $2000 behind invoice or closer to DC, MD , VA at $2500 - $3000 off Invoice for Accords at end of December?
    edited December 2016
    My guess is that Dallas prices will be closer to NY. They used to be worse than either NY or DC; about 6 or 8 months ago we started noticing better quotes from there, especially on CR-Vs. Houston isn't quite as good as Dallas, but they are much better than they were earlier this year too.

That trend hasn't tricked over to New Mexico yet. :'(
    edited December 2016
    mc4nam said:

stever said:

@stever @brian125 Thanks. Do we believe Dallas is closer to NY at $1500 - $2000 behind invoice or closer to DC, MD , VA at $2500 - $3000 off Invoice for Accords at end of December?
    Send out emails and calls to these Houston dealers. Your hoping one of the Houston dealers needs final monthly or Quarterly sale numbers. Due it the very end of the month . You could always give a credit card deposit to hold sale for 1 or 2 days till you get there.

In addition to any of your targeted Houston dealers here are my Favorite's over the years. Pit them against each other for best pricing

Honda of Lake Jackson
    Honda of clear lake
    Russell &Smith Honda of spring........... they sell a lot of Honda's
    Community
    John Eagle

In Dallas ........Auto-Nation , Rusty Wallis , Huggins , David Mcdavid , Vandergriff, Burleson and McKinney

• kahrloskahrlos Member Posts: 12
    Like I said the other day, got $2497 off invoice on a EXL CVT Sedan in Dallas. Began emails Nov 30, signed on Dec 1. Paid $200 more for EXL Coupe on Dec 5 (invoice $159 higher than sedan) but they had to locate it so I didn't care about leaving $41 on the table. Same dealership made first lease payment on both cars, saving roughly another $600. Previous leases would have matured Jan 1 and 2. Figured I wasn't going to do significantly better than that the last weekend of the year, plus wouldn't have the added pressure of maturing leases.

Question for you die hards. According to Autoweek, "Honda ended a three-month losing streak with a 6.5 percent increase [in November]. Honda division volume climbed 7.9 percent, offsetting a 5.1 percent decline at Acura." Lets say this was probably a combination of election uncertainty and increased incentives in November.

Do you think Honda will redirect last minute incentives to Acura to boost sales ... leaving incentives as is for Honda stores; that Honda stores might feel sales are back and might push back a bit; or ??? What are your thoughts?
    Discounts on Accords are at a all time high. I cant remember a better time when a coming year was discounted this low. Acura's incentives will increase if there monthly and Quarterly sales continues to drop., Great lease deals right now on the Q50

• bytheendof2016bytheendof2016 Member Posts: 8
    If I'm transferring my old plates to my new car, do I still need to pay DMV fees?
    yes.................... Transfer fee is cheaper . In NY a plate transfer is $75 0pposed to $269

brian125 said:

mc4nam said:

stever said:

Send out emails and calls to these Houston dealers. Your hoping one of the Houston dealers needs final monthly or Quarterly sale numbers. Due it the very end of the month . You could always give a credit card deposit to hold sale for 1 or 2 days till you get there.

In addition to any of your targeted Houston dealers here are my Favorite's over the years. Pit them against each other for best pricing

Honda of Lake Jackson
    Honda of clear lake
    Russell &Smith Honda of spring........... they sell a lot of Honda's
    Community
    John Eagle

In Dallas ........Auto-Nation , Rusty Wallis , Huggins , David Mcdavid , Vandergriff, Burleson and McKinney

Thanks @brian125. Are you saying I should email the Houston dealers as well? I really do not want to drive all the way to houston to pick up but maybe just use those as leverage? With Accord discounts at an all time high, what do you think my Xprice should be in my emails on the Touring Sedan in Dallas? Invoice basically is $32800 with dest. fee. $29,000 and settle at $30,000?

@kahrlos got a great deal on his lease at basically $2800 back of invoice when taking in consideration first month lease note paid. Can I expect a deal that good or better when I was plan on paying cash 75% of it and financing the rest?
    edited December 2016
    2500 to 3000 below invoice price ...... use as a high and low target price to buy. If Houston dealers are to far away pricing leverage wont be to effective unless you feel the savings is substantial to buy there.