Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Honda CR-V Deals and Prices

ade3333ade3333 Member Posts: 8
edited August 2017 in Honda
Hey Stever,

I'm just about to start looking at 2017 CRVs. I know there's not too much to go on, but I was wondering if you had an idea as to what % below MSRP would be a safe "invoice" price. I realize those don't hold too much water these days, but I do feel like that is the number I should be certain to get below.

I'm specifically looking at the touring model with AWD - zip is 19428

Thanks & happy holidays!

Ade

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited December 2016
    Hi Ade, you've been doing your research. :)

The typical range is from 8 to 12% off (per other posts, and from chatting with my neighbor, who manages a domestic car dealership.

Hondas seem to follow that rule of thumb, and I expect to see 10% off MSRP relatively soon after the new models hit the showroom (apparently some have already been sold). We still don't have TMV or invoice or MSRP pricing for the 2017s yet.

The current Touring has an invoice of $32,236 with destination. Add, oh, $500 or so to that for the new invoice and maybe $32,500 will be doable at some point.

Let's also assume MSRP pops to $34,800 - that would put 10% off MSRP at $31,320. I don't think that will be feasible. Even 8% off may be slow in coming ($32,016) since demand is going to be strong I think.

In other predictions, Washington will beat Bama and go on to win the national championship and Eli Manning will give his older brother a lot of heartburn by taking his third Superbowl Ring. :D
  • ade3333ade3333 Member Posts: 8
    Many thanks. I'm grateful for your insight. I'll let you know how it goes when things start happening.

I can't quite get on board that Manning prediction. I'd like to see Oakland take that ring, but I think it we'll be seeing Romo getting a ring for standing on the side lines. Poor guy.
  • palmettomompalmettomom Member Posts: 3
    Went to Honda dealership ( located in SC) today and went to test drive accord but ended up driving 2017 CRV. I like the new design... dealership informed me that yesterday was the first day they were able to sell them... Since I had no interest in the CRV I was not aware! The dealer informed me that they r only coming off MSRP a few hundred - because they just arrived and there are no incentives. Of course I asked when will incentives start and response was likely mid summer. Test drove EX L model - nice ride! But I cannot fathom not coming off at least a few thousand from MSRP. So he offered me $29,500 for EX L model if I purchased today. Of course I'm not in the market today, but do plan to purchase around February, however not sure the CRV will be my choice due to cost. Wish CRV had incentives of 2017 Honda accords.
    Still planning to keep my eyes open on this board to see if there are updates to pricing and incentives.
    Also thanks Stever for the feedback on the accord - still not ruling it out!
  • buyer1013buyer1013 Member Posts: 22
    Thanks - very useful information. I am in NJ (08854). Today I went for CR-V EX-L 2WD (no navigation) and Acura RDX base model test drive. Surprisingly the prices are very similar. Honda is not willing to reduce MSRP (because they just came in market) and Acura was OK with invoice price and may give a rebate of $500-1000. RDX has very smooth ride and has V6 engine. CR-V has V4 and you can clearly hear the sound of pick up, after that it was smooth. RDX has everything that CR-V has except the Honda Sensing safety features. I really liked RDX, still looking..
    Yeah, great info, thanks to both of y'all for the early low-down on the new 2017. And good news about the early deal offer @palmettomom.
  • nefan22nefan22 Member Posts: 7
    New here and also in the market for the 2017 CR-V. I was at a Boston dealership today and they've echoed the same sentiments mentioned above. Hard to get them to move from MSRP at all; however, I got a slight reduction based on the following info:

Model: 2017 EX-L AWD 1.5L Turbo
    Add-ons: None
    MSRP: $31,395 w/ delivery fee
    Doc Fees: $298
    Title/Reg/ Fee: $105
    MA Tax: 6.25%
    Trade-in Value: $3,000 ('06 Accord EX-L w/ 109k in "good" condition per KBB ratings) - Worth noting that it currently needs alternator replacement which is on hold in Honda's shop until I make a purchase or repair decision. KBB avg. value at $3,200 - so I consider this a reasonable deal since the quote is $650 to fix it.

Original Offer: $30,760 (all inclusive of above items)
    Final Offer: $29,999.

Recalculating the MSRP to get to a $29,999 all-in total, they're dropping MSRP w/ delivery to about $30,650.

Thoughts on this deal at $30k? I feel like it is pretty steep. I was firm at $28k at the dealership, but they seemed ready to usher me out with that offer. Unfortunately, still not much to compare it to given the recent release, but I did see the Truecar invoice price was around $29,500 and the target estimate was $30,584 for the Boston area.

Worth noting the quoted model above is without Navigation as well.
  • mike_michaelmike_michael Member Posts: 5
    Stever, when do you think we can expect 8-10% below msrp for cry 2017. I am thinking to wait till Feb end to mid March. Do you think it will be a good idea.
    @nefan22, sometimes you got to pay to be the first kid on the block. On the other hand, if you drive it for 5 years or more, the extra amount you wind up paying is just a few bucks a month.

@mike_Michael, so hard to say, but it seems like Honda dealers in general like to deal. My guess is that plenty of CR-Vs are in the pipeline and that we'll start seeing 8% off MSRP by Feb. Interest is pretty high in the revamped 2017 though.
    Got a phone call this morning with another 300 off the bottom line (29699)  Not budging a ton here but still getting them down.  Recalculated to about $30,350 from $31,395 - 3.5% or so off msrp.
    nefan22 - I have plugged in the numbers you provided in my spreadsheet and I got $29,438.65 on the road based on 3.5% off of MSRP.. looks like you can bargain few more hundreds.. make sure tax is calculated after trade-in price.. the deal you have now is based on 2.7% off of MSRP.. good luck..
    ..or you can say on the road $26,000 + trade-in car. they can adjust the numbers however they want..
    edited December 2016
    Closed on it today for $29,750 total and priced as follows:

$29,565 - Price of Unit
    $1,037 - Add-ons (Mats, Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Door Edge Guards, Side Molding)
    ($3000) - Trade in value
    $403 - Docs & Fees
    $1,744 MA Tax
    $29,750 Total

~6% off MSRP if I'm calculating that correctly now.

• toledo73toledo73 Member Posts: 174
    Can any one comment on road noise etc on 2017 CRV? I know this Auto is noted for it. Thanks!!
    nefan22 - congratulations.
    toledo73 - I test drove both EX-L and Touring. Due to 4 cylinder engine you clearly hear noise while it is picking up after that it was smooth. Regarding road noise, I did not find much difference between 2016 and 2017 models.
  • ade3333ade3333 Member Posts: 8
    Very little price negotiation happening for me in the Philly area on a 2017 touring model. They are all saying inventory is low...
  • rupterrupter Member Posts: 69
    edited December 2016
    I'm in PA and have a test drive set up for 2017 CRV EX-L AWD. Dealer is quoting $29,521. I'm in the market for new car. Been looking at 2016 Kia Sorento AWD V6 and 2017 Sportage EX AWD as well. Anyone have any thoughts on the Kia's vs the 2017 Honda CRV. Pretty sure I can get the Sorento 20% off msrp.
    Costco is participating now for new 2017 CR-V models. I will find the price today.
    EX-L AWD without Navigation - MSRP:$31,395; Invoice:$28,621
    EX-L AWD with Navigation - MSRP: $32,395; Invoice:$29,557

rupter - the quote you mentioned is it with navigation?

Is it true, for new models, dealers can't beat Costco prices?
    nefan22 - I recalculated your numbers. Basically you got the deal on invoice price instead of MSRP.
    buyer1013 said:

rupter - the quote you mentioned is it with navigation?

Is it true, for new models, dealers can't beat Costco prices?

Without nav. With nav they are quoting $30,457.

• isellhondas4isellhondas4 Guest Posts: 34
    A question.....with navigation built into today's cell phones why would anyone want to pay extra for navigation?
    Thanks rupter. That's exactly the invoice price + destination fee. First two days they said they can't go below MSRP, but looks like they already started giving deals based on invoice price. Good to know.
    isellhondas4 - I completely agree with you. I am looking for one without navigation.

I am also looking for a FWD and pretty much in NJ area so far I have not come across a single vehicle.

A question.....with navigation built into today's cell phones why would anyone want to pay extra for navigation?

imo, sometimes it's nice not to have to hook up your cellphone to the car for navigation, or use your cellphone independently, which can be possibly distracting. It's nice to have the all in one option.
    buyer1013 said:

Thanks rupter. That's exactly the invoice price + destination fee. First two days they said they can't go below MSRP, but looks like they already started giving deals based on invoice price. Good to know.

No problem. I'll post more info once I get to the dealer monday- and if there are any changes in pricing. :D

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    buyer1013 said:

isellhondas4 - I completely agree with you. I am looking for one without navigation.

I am also looking for a FWD and pretty much in NJ area so far I have not come across a single vehicle.

That might tell you something about resale in your area for non-AWD SUVs.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks kyfdx - that's a good point..
    @isellhondas, don't know about this model but sometimes you get a bigger screen with the nav option (and often more menus, better rear view cam, etc.).

Hard to think any would be better than my Garmin with free map updates.
  • merlion0821merlion0821 Member Posts: 143
    With Apple Car Play and Android Auto being offered in the 2017 models, I personally wouldn't bother with getting a factory navigation system. I've been using Apple Car Play in my 2016 Civic, and it works great, although with Apple you are forced to use their maps. With Android you have the ability to use Google Maps, which I feel is still superior.
  • saltidawgsaltidawg Member Posts: 10
    stever said:

It IS a Garmin with Free Updates in the 2017.

I'm in the MD suburbs of DC. Can not find a local Honda Dealer thst will budge off MSRP on the 2017 CR-V. (Except for the Honda $500 Military Incentive.)
    @saltidawg I'd keep trying this week and try to convince them you're serious enough to close same day.  Also I recommend starting low $27.5k on EX-L model and coming up to 28k as max price.   If they come back with something around 30k - I'd say it's really tough budget wise and that you can go to 29500 But ask for addons.  A guy on another forum paid invoice price like me but didn't ask for them.   Good luck!
    edited December 2016
    saltidawg said:

stever said:

It IS a Garmin with Free Updates in the 2017.

I'm in the MD suburbs of DC. Can not find a local Honda Dealer thst will budge off MSRP on the 2017 CR-V. (Except for the Honda $500 Military Incentive.)
    Good to hear about the free updates - 'bout time. The old "$299 nav CD" was a joke, especially when it was out of date when you installed it.

DC has been a great buying area for Hondas for years now. Have you tried Northern Virginia too?
    @saltidawg You will get it based on invoice price. I already knew 3 deals that were based on invoice price.
    Thanks. Looking for Touring prepared to write a check. Car for wife. She also likes the 2017 Ford Escape - also, fully loaded. Higher MSRP, huge discounts.
    Make sure the dealer knows that. Both about ready to buy and ready to buy the Escape.
    They both do know. Just swapped texts, we're off shortly to Test Drive both Vehicles.
    I'll need to see the Honda Dealer's Accessory Installation Price List - the Honda will need $1500-$2000 in accessories, the Ford considerably less.
    Good luck!
  • kwhkwh Member Posts: 68
    Went to look - really like the look of the 2017 - but what dull [non-permissible content removed] colors! Not going to buy one this year - have owned both RAV4 and multiple CRVs but the color selection is better in the RAV now. Not going to pay 30K for a car I don't like the color - Honda could have put on a couple of bright colors but they all look old & dull.
  • pri1011pri1011 Member Posts: 7
    i'm a first time car buyer and interested in the 2017 CRV, non-leather version. I'm in Raleigh so 2wd is enough and don't need AWD i think. i'm not in a rush to purchase. any tips on getting a good deal? thanks!
    @pri1234 EX model id aim for 25.5k-26k with add ons.  Invoice on EX 2WD with 1.5L engine and no nav is about $26k I believe.
    Honda Dealer would not budge from MSRP - knowing I might move across the street to the Ford Dealer and the Escape. Would need about $2K in accessories based on that Dealership's Price List. Will not negotiate.

Almost assuredly will write a check tomorrow for the Ford Escape, Fully Loaded.

Drats!
    Hard to go wrong with either @saltidawg, most all cars are pretty good these days.

Be sure to toot your horn as you drive by the Honda dealer. B)

@pri1234, FWD is usually good enough just about anywhere (mostly it's the driver and then the tires, and willingness to stay home when the weather is awful). Looking at the 2016 inventory in Raleigh, about half are FWD and half are AWD. In some areas you'd do better on resale or trade-in with an AWD but that probably isn't going to matter there.
    edited December 2016
    I test drove a dark olive (black interior) EX-L (no nav) today. It's a nice vehicle but I found the turbo engine to be quite loud getting up to speed, but it does have some good torque at low rpm's. Road noise is still present at regular highway speeds. Very comfortable inside though, with all the features you would want. We did not discuss price as I told them I'm looking at all the vehicles in this small suv segment from various manufacturers. So I stayed at my quoted price of $29,521...for now. Will see how things go later in the week (when and if) they no I'm serious about purchasing the car.
    @rupter - yes, I agree - it is loud while picking up the speed.
    I talked to Costco Auto Program and they mentioned they have already initiated the discussions with dealers. The customer rep don't know yet, but the guess is it will be on invoice price. I tried on Friday with one of the dealers in NJ, he came down from MSRP price but did not reach invoice price, so I left. My guess I will get it this week for invoice price. But I will ask them to take out $900 destination fee :) Let's see.. I will keep posting.
  • bronco2016bronco2016 Member Posts: 6
    Hi all,
    I'm in the market for a midsize SUV, would like to make a purchase sometime in the near future (no later than March/M)
    I'm interested in EX and EX-L models, leaning more towards the EX. What would be the best prices that I should expect, and does it help if I wait till Jan or Feb.

Thanks in advance! Happy Holidays!
    The Best Week Of The Year To Buy A Car Is Here (Forbes)

Hard to say what prices will do three months out. We're in another blow-out year, but if sales fall off significantly in the first quarter of 2017, you may see some better deals. Just too hard to predict and even if sales fall off across the board, the CR-V will still remain a very popular model with plenty of demand.
  • sk032013sk032013 Member Posts: 31
    stever said:

Hard to say what prices will do three months out. We're in another blow-out year, but if sales fall off significantly in the first quarter of 2017, you may see some better deals. Just too hard to predict and even if sales fall off across the board, the CR-V will still remain a very popular model with plenty of demand.

I am looking for new Honda CRV 2017, around Sacramento, CA area and today i was inquiring about pricing and below is the quote i got.
    2017 CRV AWD CVT EX with out the door price $31755. Is this the best time of the year to buy 2017 models.?

Well, went to get the Ford Escape from the dealer I had been working with. I will say that they would not honor their advertised pricing and my wife and I voiced our displeasure and and walked out. They have called and texted after me but I'll go elsewhere.

Bottom line. Both the Ford and the Honda are back in play.

I am a graduate of an Institute that does not Lie, Cheat, or Steal - nor tolerate those that do.

I've move on.
    will let you know of any pricing moves from Honda.
    sk032013 said:

stever said:

I am looking for new Honda CRV 2017, around Sacramento, CA area and today i was inquiring about pricing and below is the quote i got.
    2017 CRV AWD CVT EX with out the door price $31755. Is this the best time of the year to buy 2017 models.?

>Is this the best time of the year to buy 2017 models?

Yes, until next Christmas. Probably. ;)

We still don't have 2017 pricing up yet. I'd back out the taxes (10% or so) and compare that number to the MSRP on the sticker. The range is 6 to 12% off for a typical deal. If that quote is 10 to 12% off or better, then I think you got a good quote.