Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Honda CR-V Deals and Prices

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    @saltidawg, good for you for walking out. You may want to check out the rest of the competition; the CX-5 for example.
  • mark_austinmark_austin Member Posts: 4
    I'm in Austin, TX and looking for a 2017 CRV EX FWD in a couple colors that are in very low supply (obsidian blue and deep olive green). The colors are the wife's choice, but it's definitely making the search for a deal a lot more difficult. Unfortunately, I've had to drive 3 hours to Houston or Dallas in the past to get any type of deal as Honda and Toyota dealers don't like to budge too much off of MSRP here on the hot models like the 2017 CRV. The only accessory option that I'm considering is the trailer hitch so I can put a bicycle rack on it. It looks like the MSRP for the hitch is $359. Does anyone know if it's a pretty standard deal to get the dealer to at least do the labor/installation for that for free? I'm not optimistic of getting much more than $800 off MSRP at this point, but I'm hoping that changes soon. Inventory is very low on EX models in any color right now around here.
    You've about sized up your situation there @mark_austin. Louisiana seems as bad or worse if that's any consolation and El Paso and NM aren't any better.

About the hitch, you could probably get a genuine Honda hitch by mail for around $250 and the savings would help pay for the installation. But I don't see 2017 hitches available at the online dealer I usually go to for pricing.
    edited December 2016
    Check out this post for a Houston dealer recommendation. Maybe you can get a good quote and convince a local dealer to match it.
  • shaw_123shaw_123 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking for Honda CRV EXL AWD in St. louis and getting 1700 off on MSRP. I gave the price at 28,000 and left. No calls yet :(.

Is there any other reliable, low maintenance SUV with active safety suite?
    edited December 2016
    They aren't cheap, but you may want to check out a Forester. The EyeSight system gets good reviews.

I like the Tucson a lot and it can be had with a lot of the safety stuff. Make sure you test it in Eco mode from a lot of stop signs and stop lights though. Some of them "lag".
  • eticket99eticket99 Member Posts: 23
    What's the current APR on the 2017 CRV Touring? Been quoted 2 different dealers APR, 60 months at 2.99%, 72 months at 3.5% and another dealership said 60 months or 72 months both 4.9%!!! Obviously I'd trust the lower of the 2 more, but curious as to what its really suppose to be for top tier credit. Southern California region.

As a price point, best i've done so for is only $500 off MSRP or 1.5%! Slim pickens for a hot car.
  • rupterrupter Member Posts: 69
    shaw_123 said:

I am looking for Honda CRV EXL AWD in St. louis and getting 1700 off on MSRP. I gave the price at 28,000 and left. No calls yet :(.

All the other manufacturers in the compact SUV market have the active safety suites. It's just that Honda gives you alot of them in the lower trims of the CRV. I would check out the Nissan Rogue, Hyundai Tucson..like Stever states, and sister maker Kia Sportage in the small suv segment. The Toyota Rav 4 has some good safety features as well.
    rupter said:

shaw_123 said:

All the other manufacturers in the compact SUV market have the active safety suites. It's just that Honda gives you alot of them in the lower trims of the CRV. I would check out the Nissan Rogue, Hyundai Tucson..like Stever states, and sister maker Kia Sportage in the small suv segment. The Toyota Rav 4 has some good safety features as well.
    Thanks. After reviewing all options, I think Rav 4 is a good alternative if I get a good deal on it. Thanks for your response.
    edited December 2016
    There's been a surge in popularity online here for the RAV4. Toyota deals are kind of tough though.
  • sdasda Member Posts: 6,936
    I went the dealer today to pick up some wiper inserts for the Pilot and saw a new CR-V EXL. I know they've grown incrementally in size in each newer generation, but it really looks a lot larger than the '09 that we had. I was impressed with the quality look and feel of the interior. However I was not impressed with the price addendum of over $2k for tinted windows, 3M treatment, splash guards, etc.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• pri1011pri1011 Member Posts: 7
    stever said:
    There's been a surge in popularity online here for the RAV4. Toyota deals are kind of tough though.
    The biggest issue I have with toyota is their proprietary software which doesn't work with android auto or apple Carplay
    edited December 2016

stever said:
    The biggest issue I have with toyota is their proprietary software which doesn't work with android auto or apple Carplay

Yes, I'm basically stuck on the 2017 CRV EX because it seems like the best small SUV that has Apple CarPlay that is still under $30k.  The RAV4 and the Forester don't offer Car Play or Android Auto at all otherwise they would be in contention as well.

http://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/available-models/

• obrien040362obrien040362 Member Posts: 134
    Is this correct for 2017 EXL AWD

MSRP $31395 which includes $900 destination

Invoice $29574 which includes $900 destination (this is what TruCar reports)

or is it

Invoice $28621 as someone reported (destination included ?)

how much less (or more) is the 2017 Hyundai Tucson similar equipped to the 2017 EXL AWD (no nav).

Has anyone done this price comparison?

edited December 2016

stever said:

Yes, I'm basically stuck on the 2017 CRV EX because it seems like the best small SUV that has Apple CarPlay that is still under $30k.  The RAV4 and the Forester don't offer Car Play or Android Auto at all otherwise they would be in contention as well.

Yeah, the only other vehicle in the small suv class that has carplay and android auto is the 2017 Kia Sportage. You can get carplay and android auto for well under 30K with a package update to the LX trim model.
    edited December 2016
    Those are all good points about the Apple/Android stuff. I'm stuck in the MP3 on a USB stick world and don't use a smartphone, so I forget about that stuff.

Back in the day, it was all about horsepower. Now it's all about tech and mpg. I just got a rinky-dink dash cam for $7 that actually mostly works. Makes you wonder how much longer the automakers can justify $1,000 nav systems and $299 annual map updates.
    edited December 2016
    sda said:

I went the dealer today to pick up some wiper inserts for the Pilot and saw a new CR-V EXL. I know they've grown incrementally in size in each newer generation, but it really looks a lot larger than the '09 that we had. I was impressed with the quality look and feel of the interior. However I was not impressed with the price addendum of over $2k for tinted windows, 3M treatment, splash guards, etc.

That's saying something for a guy driving a Pilot! And yeah, I used to drive an Outback and my sister had an '05 Forester. Those rigs now seem almost as big as Explorers. Really liked the HR-V when we test drove one of those. Small, but roomy inside. Ditto the Civic Hatch.

The $2,000 pro pack is nuts - worst I've seen here is $1,495. The dealers with them wave them off almost before you can complain about them.
    edited December 2016

Is this correct for 2017 EXL AWD

MSRP $31395 which includes $900 destination

Invoice $29574 which includes $900 destination (this is what TruCar reports)

or is it

Invoice $28621 as someone reported (destination included ?)

This is what we have, including the destination:

Invoice - $29,521
    MSRP - $31,395

Sometimes they stick an ad fee in the invoice price, but we aren't showing anything, at least not for a DC area zip code. But that could explain the differences you are seeing with the invoice price.

TMV is the same at MSRP for DC, where Honda dealers are usually pretty aggressive with below invoice deals.

The Tucson we test drove was loaded - it was for sale at the local one price dealer so it was priced close to MSRP. Same dealer sells Hondas here and they are over-priced too. :)
  • fizzbadfizzbad Member Posts: 2
    Hey guys! I got quoted for 30371 OTD for a Honda CR-V 2017 EX FWD in the area code of 91801. It's only 100 bucks off of MSRP, but it doesn't come with any accessories like other dealerships and I got a 1.95% APR for 60 months. Think I should jump on it or can I do better?
    edited December 2016
    Hi @fizzbad, MSRP on the EX FWD is $27,595 and TMV is the same as MSRP for your zip too.

I dunno, I recently commented that this is the best time of the year of buying cars, but the CR-V is just out and is in high demand so prices are still high.

If you wait, you'll save some money. If you buy today, you get to start enjoying the new car immediately.

Anticipation is half the fun, but the other 80% is actually enjoying driving the new ride!
  • fizzbadfizzbad Member Posts: 2
    Thank you stever for your quick response. I'm so torn right now! I tried bringing him down on the price as best as I could, but he just wouldn't budge. I need a car though since my car got totaled in an accident, so I might have to bite the bullet.
    edited December 2016
    I guess technically the Sportage and the Tucson do have Apple CarPlay, but I'm pretty much sold on the 2017 CRV after sitting in one.  The technology is exactly what we want with Apple Car Play, Sirius XM, Honda Sensing, and it has nice features like two USB ports in the backseat for the kids.

fizzbad said:

Thank you stever for your quick response. I'm so torn right now! I tried bringing him down on the price as best as I could, but he just wouldn't budge. I need a car though since my car got totaled in an accident, so I might have to bite the bullet.

That's a good reason to buy - go for it. The "extra" you pay will just be a few dollars a month over the next 5 or more years. Life is short, enjoy!

I guess technically the Sportage and the Tucson do have Apple CarPlay, but I'm pretty much sold on the 2017 CRV after sitting in one.  The technology is exactly what we want with Apple Car Play, Sirius XM, Honda Sensing, and it has nice features like two USB ports in the backseat for the kids.

I'm not trying to push Kia or Hyundai but both manufacturers offer the exact same technology as the CRV. Carplay, Android Auto, Sirius XM and all the safety features that the Honda has. The styling is different and that could be a turn off to purchasers of the CRV vs. say a Kia or Hyundai. They all have pro's and cons. Some may have more comfortable seating, some may ride/handle better to you. I believe in comparison shopping to purchase a model of vehicle that you think suits you best, with features and quality's that satisfy your tastes. I always look at competing models of manufacturers before I purchase.
    buyer1013 said:

Costco is participating now for new 2017 CR-V models. I will find the price today.
    EX-L AWD without Navigation - MSRP:$31,395; Invoice:$28,621
    EX-L AWD with Navigation - MSRP: $32,395; Invoice:$29,557

rupter - the quote you mentioned is it with navigation?

Is it true, for new models, dealers can't beat Costco prices?

I think Costco forgot the destination in the above invoice price

I looked a a Costco F150 one day and concluded i could do better than Costco, but I don't think I can get a 2017 EXL AWD today for $28,621. So Costco wins on that one

P.S. If you are looking for max discount look at Buick Encore Loaded 28.7K less 10K = 18.7 no haggle dealership in St Louis area

ade3333 said:

Very little price negotiation happening for me in the Philly area on a 2017 touring model. They are all saying inventory is low...

if you go with the touring, check the auto brake system. If you are passing a slow car on the highway in a middle lane, when you move to the fast lane, it can pick up the slow car in the middle lane during the transition and slam on the brakes. This is what i read, i have no personal experience on this.
    nefan22 said:

@saltidawg I'd keep trying this week and try to convince them you're serious enough to close same day.  Also I recommend starting low $27.5k on EX-L model and coming up to 28k as max price.   If they come back with something around 30k - I'd say it's really tough budget wise and that you can go to 29500 But ask for addons.  A guy on another forum paid invoice price like me but didn't ask for them.   Good luck!

it hard to understand your deal since you had a trade in and bought add ons
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    Does the 2017 CRV have a cd player?

buyer1013 said:

Costco is participating now for new 2017 CR-V models. I will find the price today.
    EX-L AWD without Navigation - MSRP:$31,395; Invoice:$28,621
    EX-L AWD with Navigation - MSRP: $32,395; Invoice:$29,557

rupter - the quote you mentioned is it with navigation?

Is it true, for new models, dealers can't beat Costco prices?

I think Costco forgot the destination in the above invoice price

I looked a a Costco F150 one day and concluded i could do better than Costco, but I don't think I can get a 2017 EXL AWD today for $28,621. So Costco wins on that one

P.S. If you are looking for max discount look at Buick Encore Loaded 28.7K less 10K = 18.7 no haggle dealership in St Louis area

would you mind telling which dealer in STL?
    Laura Buick. Just verify the rebates apply if you are out of state.
  • ade3333ade3333 Member Posts: 8
    Wrapped up the purchase of a 2017 CRV AWD Touring edition a few days ago.
    MSRP (with destination) for this one is $34,595

I ended up paying (Excluding tax, tags, registration):
    Vehicle - $32,385
    Doc fee - $135

I had financing in place at 2.24% - 60/months with DCU which I thought was very good, but they were able beat it with 2.14% so I went with their offer... I'm always happy to give the dealers as much of the business whenever I can.

I had been to a few dealers in person and they weren't budging from MSRP "given demand and limited availability." They were matter of fact about it and let me walk out and none of them even followed up (not even now, almost a week later.) I emailed my specifics to about 10 other dealerships after that. 4 responded with no quotes(I ignored them,) 3 echoed the MSRP price, and 3 others provided quotes within a few hundred dollars of the price I paid above.

I worked with Mike Alexanian @ Sloane Honda in Philadelphia and he and the finance manager were awesome - very straight forward and very respectful of my time. I would highly recommend them.
    berri said:

Does the 2017 CRV have a cd player?

no
    So far, the only thing I don't like is that there's very little feedback to indicate that the remote start functionality worked. Unless you can see the front headlights, you pretty much have to walk up to it to know it started. It would be nice if the remote flashed or the horn chirped.
    Great job ade3333

hot car a little below invoice (i get $183 below), low doc fee, no over priced add ons, well done
    Well done indeed. Congrats @ade3333! and thanks for the detailed write up.
    That's great @ade3333.  That type of discount gives us hope.
  • mmsiv11mmsiv11 Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2017
    I was at a dealer in the Midwest yesterday dealing on 2016 CR-Vs (EX-L or Touring) and 2017 CR-V EX, EX-L or Touring. I received 3 offers over the course of 3 days on the 2017 CR-V Touring AWD with a Sticker of $34,595:

Day 1 via email: $33,266
    Day 2 in person; $33,266
    Day 2 in person: $33,016.89

I was even offering to get $1,000+ of accessories, said they'd only profit $50 on all that so it didn't really sweeten the deal for them that much.

Initially offered $31K in person and I was targeting $32,000 (7.5% below MSRP) ended up in a stalemate and left on positive terms. Hope for a callback on Monday saying they'd deal at $32K. They also reiterated the Honda qtr ends on Monday Jan 2.
    Heh, thanks - I've heard both dates now. Better focus on the 2nd to be safe.

Good luck!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,144
    stever said:

Heh, thanks - I've heard both dates now. Better focus on the 2nd to be safe.

Good luck!

All the Honda info we have shows 1/3/17 as the end date for the current program

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• buyer1013buyer1013 Member Posts: 22
    @berri - no CD player
    Costco is still in the process of negotiating. I found one dealer in Toledo but according to them, Costco deal is only few hundreds below MSRP.
    @ade3333 - I have one in the parking lot and just tried. It does blink before it starts, and blinks thrice after starts and chirps.
    I was told the year-end is applicable on Jan 2nd too. So the deals are applicable on Monday too based on the dealer that I bought from (NJ area).
    edited January 2017
    buyer1013 said:

@ade3333 - I have one in the parking lot and just tried. It does blink before it starts, and blinks thrice after starts and chirps.

your remote does this or the car does?
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    :@ Thanks buyer
    @ade3333 - the car does.
    edited January 2017
    I bought 2017 CRV EX-L w/o Nav few hundreds less than invoice price and $500 more than average trade-in price of excellent condition. With CarPlay I dont think we need to pay $1,000 more for navigation feature. I gave them the offer of OTD price and explained the sales person how I came with that number. Sales person went in to talk to his boss and came back within 10 minutes with just $500 more than what I offered. I was shocked as I had $1,000 buffer to go up but I didnt have to.

Anybody who are in NJ, PA area, let me know if you are interested, I can provided more details.
    Congrats @buyer1013!
  • buyer990buyer990 Member Posts: 2
    I'm in the market for a EX-L w/o Nav. Called around to a few dealers in the NC/SC area. Best offer was 29,000 and $500 (tag, title, doc fees, tax)

I'm lucky in that I can wait a few months for the market to cool. I've told every dealer the same. I'm willing to pay 28.5k OTD on an EX-L. No trade in and cash offer.

I doubt I'll get it, but I figure one dealer might need to have one more car to push them over an annual sales goal and be willing to play ball with me.

What do you think? I'm guessing the car should be right at 28k (tax, tag, title, excluded)

Thanks and happy hunting!