Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2017 Toyota Camry Purchasing Deals and Prices

Comments

• PandyaPandya Long IslandPosts: 1
    We are looking into getting a new Camry LE very soon and I like to know what is a good price in Long Island NY. THE MSRP is about 23200 and there is a 2000 rebate for cash purchase. What is a reasonable OTD price. Thank you.
  • steverstever Posts: 52,462
    edited November 2016
    Pandya said:

We are looking into getting a new Camry LE very soon and I like to know what is a good price in Long Island NY. THE MSRP is about 23200 and there is a 2000 rebate for cash purchase. What is a reasonable OTD price. Thank you.

OTD depends on your taxes and fees and every area is different. We show MSRP to be $23,935 btw.

Today and tomorrow are good times to buy - it's the end of the month.

TMV is coming in around $1,400 below invoice with the $2,000 incentive. So the average being paid right now in your area is $20,537, including the $865 destination. That's about 14% off our MSRP and is an aggressive price.

I think I'd aim for $20,500 for an OTD number and work my way up from that. A good way to proceed is to first get quotes for some dealers and then deal with the one or two that has the best initial quote.

• tk900tk900 Posts: 43
    Hello,

I am looking at buying 2017 Toyota Camry LE in Maryland area. Quote i have received it internet price
    $20060 over MSRP of 24129. Is this a good price? How much I can go down?

I get $23,935 for MSRP - maybe you have some carpet mats or something in your deal.

TMV is coming in at $20,117, which includes a $2,000 incentive. That's about $1,850 below invoice and TMV is about 15% below MSRP.

So yeah, good offer. We don't see many deals on Toyotas more than 12% off MSRP (and even less on SUVs).

Since TMV is an average, in theory there's more room to negotiate. But it looks like a great price already.
  • Hi Steve,
    I am looking to buy a new 2017 Camry LE in DFW area. (zip: 75023) and I got the OTD price of $19,900 from couple of dealers. Can you please advise if this is a good price ?

Also the dealers are saying I cannot combine the $2500 rebate and the 0% APR ? Is that true ?

Thanks
    Hi @sparty34, it's pretty typical that you can't combine low APR and cash back. And our Incentives page agrees with your dealers. You can play with the numbers using our Low APR vs. Cash Back Calculator. You may do better taking the cash and finding a decent rate online or at your local bank or credit union.

On to the dollars, iirc, your tax rate in TX is 6.5%. So you'd need to back that out to get the selling price.

MSRP is 23,935, Invoice is 21,975 and the True Market Value average price paid for your area is 21,680 ignoring the cash incentive. TMV is almost 10% off TMV. Not a bad average for a Toyota so fresh in the new model year. :)

I assume the $19,900 OTD is with the cash incentive. Backing out 6.5%, your selling price is a bit less than $18,800. That's a killer number, a bit more than 20% off MSRP.

If you don't take the incentive, that would pop the selling price to $21,300 and that would be close to TMV and around 10% off MSRP.

Oops, guess your tax is 6.25% so you need to adjust those numbers a tad. Our calculator says to take the cash so I'd start shopping around and hope to find a rate around 3%. Ask the dealer after you get a rate - they make money putting loans together and may be able to beat your rate using one of their bank contacts.

As always, with all these numbers, best check my math.
  • Hi Steve,

Thanks for your quick response.

Yes the OTD price of $19,900 includes the $2500 rebate. As you said the selling price will go up if I go for the 0 % APR, one dealer told me the price will go up by $1500. I like the idea of taking the rebate instead of the 0 % APR.

Another question I have is, I see a 0% APR + $1000 bonus on the toyota website. Do you know what the $1000 bonus offer is ? I can't seem to understand that ?

$1000 Bonus enhancement from TMS & TFS on a new 2017 Camry available to qualified customers. Must be applied to down payment. Must take delivery from dealer stock. Dealer sets final actual price. Offer valid 12-06-2016 through 01-03-2017 in AR, LA, MS, OK, TX only. Contact participating dealer for details.

Appreciate your help !

Thanks
    We don't get much info about those regional offers. There's a captive distributorship in your area and my guess is that the distributor is eating some of their usual extra fees. But maybe not - TMS is Toyota Motor Sales and TFS is Toyota Financial Services.
  • Sir,

I need some suggestions on my best offer for a 2017 Toyota camry XSE 4-cylinders in the Kansas City,MO area.
    So I found out that the MSRP is $26,310 (though I cannot confirm it since it seems to vary from one website to another). One dealer in the area has a sale price of $23,818.

So my OTD was about $20,903 including taxes, Ad fees, titling, $2500 toyota incentive, $900 value option add to the car. Is it a good offer for the OTD. I don't mind compromising to a $21,000 which will be my last offer.
    What do you think?
    edited December 2016
    Hi @pepsico2017, your MSRP is right but doesn't include the $865 destination. So MSRP is really $27,175.

The True Market Value average price paid for your area is 23,023, which includes destination and a $2,000 incentive.

Your OTD target is more than 20% off MSRP and I don't think that's doable. $21,000 might work before your trade-in and taxes (ignore the ad fee), but that's still a little bit more than 20% off.
  • md5585md5585 75604Posts: 2
    edited December 2016
    hello all.. I'm shopping for an xle or xse model, msrp starts at 28952-29411.. what should I expect to pay?
    I'm in Tx with zip 75605
    edited December 2016
    You can look up the True Market Value and invoice prices at this link.

Looks like you have a local dealer there but you may want to get some quotes out of Dallas and see if the local shop will match prices. You could try Shreveport but I haven't seen many aggressive dealer quotes out of Louisiana in recent memory.

For a sedan in East Texas, it'd be nice to see you do a bit better than the usual 8 to 12% off MSRP. Don't know if you can get as much as 20% off like @sparty34 did.

15% off your range would give you a selling price from $24609 to $25,000.

Please come back and let us know what kind of numbers you get.
  • jimrogers2jimrogers2 Posts: 1
    edited December 2016
    i have been negotiating with a dealer in Illinois for a 2017 Camry LE, MSRP of $24749. Taxes in Ill are 6.25% and tags/registration/fees $390 and currently $2000 rebate on Toyota. I am using my own financing @ 3%. We currently have an OTD offer of $20777, should i take it or can i do better?
    Sounds like a great price to me @jimrogers2 - more than 20% off MSRP backing out the taxes.
  • Finally pulling the trigger tommorow nj camera se 25339 msrp sale price 21366 plus 1000 back 0 percent finance out the door 22346 what do you think?
    Without the $1,000, you're around 17% off MSRP. Another $1,000 off the selling price and you're in the magic 20% off MSRP area too.

Killer deals!
  • Let's see 23840 says msrp but with the add ons msrp comes to 25412.
    sale price 20853.69 thousand cash back out the door price 22000 in jersey 7 percent tax 
    Hope I made out ok 
  • md5585md5585 75604Posts: 2
    stever said:

You can look up the True Market Value and invoice prices at this link.

Looks like you have a local dealer there but you may want to get some quotes out of Dallas and see if the local shop will match prices. You could try Shreveport but I haven't seen many aggressive dealer quotes out of Louisiana in recent memory.

For a sedan in East Texas, it'd be nice to see you do a bit better than the usual 8 to 12% off MSRP. Don't know if you can get as much as 20% off like @sparty34 did.

15% off your range would give you a selling price from $24609 to $25,000.

Please come back and let us know what kind of numbers you get.

I contacted dealerships in Shreveport as well as DFW, ended up finding an almost fully loaded (convenience pkg, remote start, etc) XSE for 25221 otd in Weatherford. msrp was listed as 30500
    edited January 2017
    That sounds great @md5585. I know a Louisianan that would love that kind of deal on a RAV4.

Congrats!
  • izmeeh5izmeeh5 Posts: 11
    Hi Steve,

I have a question about the 20% off MSRP that we are aiming for. Currently, there are two promotions: either 0% APR with $500 cash bonus or $2,500 cash rebate.

Should we aim for 20% off MSRP with the financing price or with the cash purchase price? I noticed that you included the cash rebate when calculating the percentage off MSRP. Dealerships around San Jose are quoting above 20% off MSPR when they include the $2,500 cash rebate.

I want to know what I should be aiming for since the adjusted TMV after cash rebate is $20,001 on the SE with an MSRP of $24,705 after destination.

Thank you.
  • Hello,
    I am in the market for a lease or purchase option Camry 2017 SE in Florida .
    I dont see any cash offers but there are financing for purchase option.
    Not sure what is best case scenario...?
    Also if I want purchase option how do I get dealer to go below TMV?
    They should give out the door price regardless of financing or trade in .

Thanks in advance
  • Hi, Is this thread dead? I am looking at 2017 Toyota Camry LE in Texas 78735, tax 6.25%. MSRP $23,070 (With Dealer added option is $24,230), Invoice is $21,109, with Toyota MTCR $2,500. What would a good deal on drive out Price? Thanks for the help!
  • FYI, I drove home a 2017 Camry LE MSRP $24,230 on OTD $19,400 yesterday. Sales price $17,904.69, Tax $1152.31, Tag/Fee $343.00 in zip 78735.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 126,124
    austinjoe said:

FYI, I drove home a 2017 Camry LE MSRP $24,230 on OTD $19,400 yesterday. Sales price $17,904.69, Tax $1152.31, Tag/Fee $343.00 in zip 78735.

Congrats! Thanks for reporting in.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• rxracer1rxracer1 Posts: 21
    What do you think of this sell price before incentives ?

2017 Camry XLE Hybrid fully loaded with an MSRP of 35,049 selling price of 33,500. Seems like an underwhelming discount off of MSRP of 4.5% but is it justified as dealer suggests a fully loaded hybrid is hard to find (they do have to get it from another dealer)?

thx
  • john4545john4545 Posts: 136
    rxracer1 said:

What do you think of this sell price before incentives ?

2017 Camry XLE Hybrid fully loaded with an MSRP of 35,049 selling price of 33,500. Seems like an underwhelming discount off of MSRP of 4.5% but is it justified as dealer suggests a fully loaded hybrid is hard to find (they do have to get it from another dealer)?

thx

My cousin is in Ohio and said exactly what your Toyota dealer told you. Waiting a month or two may loosen pricing.

• idbiic2015idbiic2015 Posts: 1
    edited March 2017
    Hi. I have got cash-buying OTD number of USD 21,820 for 2017 New Camry LE at the Seattle including selling price 21700, 2,500 of rebates (discount), 150 of Doc and 450 of licensing and 2000 of tax. I think I can get a better offer around metro-Seattle area so could you guys kindly inform your suggested OTD near here? Also, if you have a quotes of Camry SE, please let me know. Thank you very much.
  • I just bought a new 2017 Camry SE in southeast Florida last weekend. The OTD price is $20,700 (cash). I got a few price quotes through emailing. I didn't spend much time negotiating the price at the dealership. I guess they had good deals in the quarter end. They didn't give me a fair trade in price for my Honda Accord though.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 126,124

I just bought a new 2017 Camry SE in southeast Florida last weekend. The OTD price is $20,700 (cash). I got a few price quotes through emailing. I didn't spend much time negotiating the price at the dealership. I guess they had good deals in the quarter end. They didn't give me a fair trade in price for my Honda Accord though.

Congrats on the new car!

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Hello,

I am in the process of buying a 2017 Toyota Camry XSE. Is an OTD of $21300 including tax, title, customer incentives and dealer fees a good offer. Its in the Kansas City, MO area. Thanks.