Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Honda Accord Deals and Prices

Comments

• strombolistevestrombolisteve Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2016
    @stever Couple of offers came through via email - winner so far seems to be an EX at Boch Honda in Norwood offer of $22,630 (inc destination) - MA sales tax is 6.25%, there's a $399 dealer doc fee ("this applies to everyone"), $35 for MA inspection and $100 for plate transfer - I estimate the OTD price based on that to be $24,578.

Couple of other offers came through - most of them are in the 23.5k -> 24.5k range (before TTL)

Going to go for a test drive this morning (I think I'm probably priced out of the EXL - which was bit of a long shot anyway)..

Think there's any shot of shaving another 1k off of that Boch price? or am I pipe dreaming?
  • r_dewsr_dews Member Posts: 7
    @stever I think I've got a bidding war going on here in MD. I got three dealers to okay $24,500 out the door on the Sport SE (with remote start). One has come back offering all season mats to sweeten the pot. I'm waiting to hear from dealer three about dropping the price $250 and adding backup sensors. I'll let you know how this plays out.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited December 2016

@stever Couple of offers came through via email - winner so far seems to be an EX at Boch Honda in Norwood offer of $22,630 (inc destination) - MA sales tax is 6.25%, there's a $399 dealer doc fee ("this applies to everyone"), $35 for MA inspection and $100 for plate transfer - I estimate the OTD price based on that to be $24,578.

Couple of other offers came through - most of them are in the 23.5k -> 24.5k range (before TTL)

Going to go for a test drive this morning (I think I'm probably priced out of the EXL - which was bit of a long shot anyway)..

Think there's any shot of shaving another 1k off of that Boch price? or am I pipe dreaming?

I love all the excuses for the doc fees. "We can't take it off or change the doc fee or it's discrimination" is a favorite. The dealers have no trouble "discriminating" by offering the same car to different people for way different prices!

You really don't care what the fee is - just reduce your OTD price accordingly.

A $1,000 reduction is a good chunk, but this is the end of the year, so it's worth a shot. Strange things happen when you find a dealer who needs another sale to earn some more bonus money.
    r_dews said:

@stever I think I've got a bidding war going on here in MD. I got three dealers to okay $24,500 out the door on the Sport SE (with remote start). One has come back offering all season mats to sweeten the pot. I'm waiting to hear from dealer three about dropping the price $250 and adding backup sensors. I'll let you know how this plays out.

Cool, you're in the fun stage now. Good luck!
  • strombolistevestrombolisteve Member Posts: 7
    stever said:

I love all the excuses for the doc fees. "We can't take it off or change the doc fee or it's discrimination" is a favorite. The dealers have no trouble "discriminating" by offering the same car to different people for way different prices!

You really don't care what the fee is - just reduce your OTD price accordingly.

A $1,000 reduction is a good chunk, but this is the end of the year, so it's worth a shot. Strange things happen when you find a dealer who needs another sale to earn some more bonus money.

Well, a bit disappointed - actually walked out of a dealer - pretty big gap in expectations - however all of it attributed to the value of my trade: 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5S w/ 71k miles that I'd put in Fair/Good condition. Apparently some dealers are using the KBB "cash" value as opposed to the "trade" value -- is anyone else familiar with this or have had similar dealings? We were off by close to 3,000 on the trade alone...
    edited December 2016
    Dealers don't make much money on new cars but they make a lot of money selling used cars.

Is there a CarMax near you? You can get a quote from them and then invite your dealer to match it. Or just sell it to CarMax unless there's a tax benefit for trading it in. Some used car lots may make you a decent offer on the Altima too.

Good for you for walking.
  • ilearnilearn Member Posts: 18
    Received a quote for EXL w NAVI/Sensing, dealer price $28,999.30, $699 doc fees, GA tax $2,203.25, non-tax fee $90.00 (not sure what this is). So OTD price is $31,991.55. I have a trade-in with 120k miles. Not sure how to bring this into play with the dealer.
  • rogersterlingrogersterling Member Posts: 7
    ilearn said:

Received a quote for EXL w NAVI/Sensing, dealer price $28,999.30, $699 doc fees, GA tax $2,203.25, non-tax fee $90.00 (not sure what this is). So OTD price is $31,991.55. I have a trade-in with 120k miles. Not sure how to bring this into play with the dealer.

ilearn is that the V6 or 4 cylinder? I'm looking at the 4 banger in that trim. I'm in the Atlanta area, are you in Georgia? See my above post, if you are looking at the 4 cylinder I think you should be able to get an out the door price under $30k. Not sure about V6.
    Roger, yes its a V6. Also looking at 4-cylinder. Have to do some more legwork. Want to close the deal by tomorrow if possible.

I'm probably going to try for a deal tomorrow on a 2017 EX-L w/ Nav & Sensing, so wanted to see what you think of a quote I received. I am in 30064 (Atlanta area).

MSRP is $31655
    Sales price before any fees or add-ons is $26594
    $996 in accessories+$599 admin fee+taxes = $30334 OTD

I didn't request any of the accessories, so I'm going to ask for those to be removed. The accessories are mudguards, wheel locks, trunk tray, door film, window tint = $996.

Is there any scenario where accessories are 'locked in' and can't be removed? If they insist they can't change the accessories are they telling the truth? They have 3 cars with the trim/color I want and assume they won't all have the same accessories.

I want to take advantage of the 0.9% financing offer out there, do you know what documents finance will typically need (pay stubs, W2, etc) to approve?

Thanks!

Roger,
    Which dealer sent you this quote?
  • robta4444robta4444 Member Posts: 3
    kyfdx said:

robta4444 said:

I found this forum and the posts very helpful so I want to share my deal.  Purchased a 2017 Accord Sport SE yesterday, Dec 28.  Cincinnati, Oh zip 45255.  

MSRP with destination was $27,050

Selling price with destination was $22,354.50
    Doc fee was $250 (capped at 250 in OH)
    Title and registration was $55.50
    Tax was $1340 (KY resident, 6%)
    Out the door was $24,000

I spent about 3 days working several dealers in the Cincinnati area, all via email.  Used Edmond's and Truecar as starting points for pricing inquiries.  Every quote through those services came back over $25,000 plus fees and TTL except one which quoted $23,052 plus fees and TTL.  I worked that dealer down to $22,704 via email and then a different one beat that to $22,594. I took that offer and another dealer's email that he'd beat any deal by $250 to a place I bought an Odyssey from 3 years ago. Did the test drive, made it clear I wanted my current best offer of $24,000 OTD beat.  Sales mgr came out and gave me the run around about his pricing compared to others  blah blah blah. So I got up and walked out. Drove across town to the dealer I wanted to buy from from the beginning and had confirmed over the phone that they would match any deal in writing and was out with my new car a couple hours later.  

Loving the car so far.  Good luck to all!

Congrats! Which dealer?
    Honda East Cincinnati
  • robta4444robta4444 Member Posts: 3
    stever said:

cbdeka19 said:

What's a good otd price for a ex-l in 90745? The dealer asked me in an email what I was looking to pay otd . I was originally looking at sports but have no idea about the average price for an ex-l, also this is with sensing and navigation 

Hi @cbdeka19, 4 cylinder I assume.

For Cali, I add 10% for taxes and fees to get an approximate OTD price.

Invoice is $29,021, MSRP is $31,655 and the True Market Value for your zip is $28,434.

So 10% on top of the TMV average equals $31,277.

But we want to beat the average. TMV is about 10% off MSRP.

15% off MSRP would be $26,900, add in 10% and you'd be at $29,590 OTD. Somewhere around there would be a nice OTD target for your zip. I think @robta4444's deal (congrats!) was between 14 and 15% off MSRP.

The usual recommendation is to let the dealer give out a number first. But in this case, a 15% offer is within reason while letting the dealer know you are looking for a deal.

Hey Stever. I'm thinking the price I got was closer to 17% off MSRP. I thought I read in previous posts here where the msrp is compared to selling price before tax and fees to get that %. That would be about $22.3k for what I paid against $27K, so $4750 and 17% less. If I'm wrong with my math let me know. Just want to clarify for potential benefit to others in case it really was 17.
    edited December 2016
    Thanks @robta4444! My math gets fuzzy sometimes and I get lost in all the numbers too. I try to plug everything into a spreadsheet but sometimes paste stuff in the wrong box.

My calendar reminded me this afternoon that I need to make my first pass through my taxes next week. More fun with numbers. B)

Luckily I married a math whiz....
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    robta4444 said:

kyfdx said:

robta4444 said:

I found this forum and the posts very helpful so I want to share my deal.  Purchased a 2017 Accord Sport SE yesterday, Dec 28.  Cincinnati, Oh zip 45255.  

MSRP with destination was $27,050

Selling price with destination was $22,354.50
    Doc fee was $250 (capped at 250 in OH)
    Title and registration was $55.50
    Tax was $1340 (KY resident, 6%)
    Out the door was $24,000

I spent about 3 days working several dealers in the Cincinnati area, all via email.  Used Edmond's and Truecar as starting points for pricing inquiries.  Every quote through those services came back over $25,000 plus fees and TTL except one which quoted $23,052 plus fees and TTL.  I worked that dealer down to $22,704 via email and then a different one beat that to $22,594. I took that offer and another dealer's email that he'd beat any deal by $250 to a place I bought an Odyssey from 3 years ago. Did the test drive, made it clear I wanted my current best offer of $24,000 OTD beat.  Sales mgr came out and gave me the run around about his pricing compared to others  blah blah blah. So I got up and walked out. Drove across town to the dealer I wanted to buy from from the beginning and had confirmed over the phone that they would match any deal in writing and was out with my new car a couple hours later.  

Loving the car so far.  Good luck to all!

Congrats! Which dealer?
    Honda East Cincinnati
    I bought a car there in 1982! Different owners, then, though.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• 21reece21reece Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring w/Window Tint, Nitrogen, Pinstripe and ProPack here in the DFW, TX area. Sale price (destination included) $29,800. I think I did okay...yes?
    edited January 2017
    Hi @21reece, yeah, the extras aren't worth squat but your selling price was 19% off MSRP ($36,790 with destination).

You did terrific.
  • chowee21chowee21 Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2017
    stever said:

chowee21 said:

New 2017 Accord EX-L
    $24400 OTD (excluding tax)

Good deal?

So TMV is about 10% off MSRP and about $700 below invoice.
    We've some deals on the new Accords go for 13 to 15% or so below invoice.
    You say 13-15% below INVOICE? Zip code is 64081.
  • everest77everest77 Member Posts: 5
    i bought a honda accord hybrid ex-l yesterday at crest honda in nashville, tn. Color was modern steel metallic with ivory leather interior. the price was 26,800 plus 589 doc fee. it included wheel locks, mud flaps, rear cargo tray, and perma plate. I went to darrell waltrip dealer and initially they said they would match offer, but then stated they would charge extra for the accessories. The general manager at Darrell Waltrip told me that the other dealer probably wouldn't give me the car at that price. I went to Crest, and the experience was great. Did all the negotiating over email and there wasn't any surprises. They honored everything that was stated in our emails. I can give the name of the salesman if anyone is interested.
    @chowee21, oops no, meant to say MSRP. I'll go back and fix it and thanks for catching that!
    Congrats @everest77!
    I think I got a good deal on my hybrid. Only my second time buying a new car
    edited January 2017
    $26,800 is another one at 20% off MSRP before taxes and fees.

Maybe you should drive this one forever @everest77 - none of us is likely to ever get another deal as good as 20% off MSRP on a Honda sedan again. :)
  • friarfunkfriarfunk Member Posts: 19
    @everest77, we got basically the same deal on the same car--EX-L hybrid in modern steel/ivory. Congrats from Washington DC! The two-tone look with the ivory leather and black floor mats and trim is super sharp.
    Received the following quote for EXL CVT, OTD price $27,761.13 (Dealer price 25,161.87 + doc fees $699 + Non Tax fees $90 + GA tax $1810.26). I am in zip 30068.

Can I do better?
    Hi @ilearn, welcome.

MSRP is 29,655 and the True Market Value average price paid for your zip is $25,927.

So TMV is a healthy 13% off MSRP and your quote is a bit more than 15% off.

You could complain about the excessive doc fees I suppose, but there's not much profit left in this deal for the dealer to work with. But with some 20% off deals we're seeing above it's worth complaining about. Well, probably better just to counter a bit lower.

Another $600 off your quote would put you around 17% off MSRP and make the OTD price around $27, 150.

I'm still a bit floored at how low sedan prices have fallen. The Accord was the second most researched vehicle here for 2016 (after the CR-V), so it's not like demand has really slackened.

Good luck!
    Thanks Stever..... back to work. Will report back what I find. Plan to finalize the deal between today and tomorrow.
  • psl25201psl25201 Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2017
    Just offered $31,900 OTD on a 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring. Zip code is 68154. It was the service manager's car and has 3,800 miles but is being sold as new. It has the tint, mats, paint protection, etc. etc, and the dealer added 6 months onto the original warranty.

I am going to shoot for less than $30k. Thoughts?
    @friarfunk . Awesome. I'll look at gettting the black mats. Jealous that in DC that you didn't have to pay taxes! Thanks for everyone posting about the deals everyone got. Really helped me out
    edited January 2017
    psl25201 said:

Just offered $31,900 OTD on a 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring. Zip code is 68154. It was the service manager's car and has 3,800 miles but is being sold as new. It has the tint, mats, paint protection, etc. etc, and the dealer added 6 months onto the original warranty.

I am going to shoot for less than $30k. Thoughts?

20% off MSRP ($36790) would be 29,400 before taxes. $30k out the door would be great.
    ilearn said:

I'm probably going to try for a deal tomorrow on a 2017 EX-L w/ Nav & Sensing, so wanted to see what you think of a quote I received. I am in 30064 (Atlanta area).

MSRP is $31655

I didn't request any of the accessories, so I'm going to ask for those to be removed. The accessories are mudguards, wheel locks, trunk tray, door film, window tint = $996.

Is there any scenario where accessories are 'locked in' and can't be removed? If they insist they can't change the accessories are they telling the truth? They have 3 cars with the trim/color I want and assume they won't all have the same accessories.

I want to take advantage of the 0.9% financing offer out there, do you know what documents finance will typically need (pay stubs, W2, etc) to approve?

Thanks!

Roger,
    ilearn,
    It was from Gwinnett Place Honda.
  • Paul NelsonPaul Nelson Member Posts: 5

ilearn said:

MSRP is $31655

Thanks!

Roger,
    ilearn,
    Have you guys tried Hennessy Honda in Woodstock? Thats where I got my 2015 Accord and at the time was the cheapest and easiest to work with of the dealers in Atlanta.
  • pistonhondakopistonhondako Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2017
    A dealer in Northern California was able to work with me today (January 2nd). I was able to purchase a 2017 Accord EX CVT for $22,700 (including the $835 destination charge). MSRP was $27,365 (including destination). I offered to finance if it helped. Not many dealers seemed willing to go that low.

I'm happy with the price but I'm curious if anyone got it lower! I saw the earlier post of someone from Massachusetts who got it for $22,630 (incl. destination).

( Tax/Title/Doc were extra, of course)
    Congrats @pistonhondako!
    edited January 2017

ilearn said:

MSRP is $31655

Thanks!

Roger,
    ilearn,
    Have you guys tried Hennessy Honda in Woodstock? Thats where I got my 2015 Accord and at the time was the cheapest and easiest to work with of the dealers in Atlanta.
    Thanks for the tip Newman, coincidentally they are the folks I wanted to talk to next!
    I have been trying to get a quote from Hennessy, but no luck so far. Does anyone know whether 0.9% financing will be available after 1/3? Could not find any details on Honda website, hence asking.
    ilearn said:

I have been trying to get a quote from Hennessy, but no luck so far. Does anyone know whether 0.9% financing will be available after 1/3? Could not find any details on Honda website, hence asking.

We won't know until Wednesday.

I doubt it will go away.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Received a OTD quote for 2017 EXL CVT for $27100. I am in 30068 zip. Planning to seal the deal tonight.
    Another $50 off eh? Cool.

Good luck!
  • greens1905greens1905 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2017
    north LosAngeles county here, 91311. Rather stressful buying experience. 2017 touring coupe with a 7 yr/75k warranty for 32000 before TTL. MSRP was 35210, TMV 32820
    Sealed the deal at $27100 for EXL CVT. Pretty straight forward process and stress free. Was in an out in an hour. Cliff at Carland was a pleasure to deal with. There might be some more wiggle room to bring that number down to a whole number $27000.

Thanks to Stever and other members of this forum. Good Luck everyone.
  • cinccinc Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2017
    Bought 2017 Honda Accord LX in Cincinnati today for 19,500 plus ohio doc fee of $250, plus tax/title. Financed the whole thing at 0.9% honda financing. Very grateful for this forum at Edmunds, which gave me the info to negotiate. I used the rule of aiming for at least 15% off of MSRP. (MSRP being the MSRP without the destination fee. Dealers like to say MSRP is the number with destination fee, so they add $800 to your MSRP figure.)

Dealers can be abusive during the bargaining process, questioning your numbers and pricing research. The best tool is to always be willing to say their price is too high, and politely decline to more negotiating. Repeat the price you believe they can meet and then just wait for their response. That's when they start moving the price in your direction. (I think the TrueCar website is a pricing tool for the dealer, the better price figures come from people on this forum.
  • tangibledraintangibledrain Member Posts: 1
    Bought a 2017 Honda Accord EX with Sensing today for $23,700. That does not include a $210 Michigan Doc Fee or TTL. I'd like to say thanks to everybody posting in this forum as I think this is a great source of pricing information.

It was a very easy process, all pricing discussion taking place via email. In and out of the dealer in about two hours, but that's probably to be expected as they were rather busy today. Who woulda guessed? :smile:
    cinc said:

Bought 2017 Honda Accord LX in Cincinnati today for 19,500 plus ohio doc fee of $250, plus tax/title. Financed the whole thing at 0.9% honda financing. Very grateful for this forum at Edmunds, which gave me the info to negotiate. I used the rule of aiming for at least 15% off of MSRP. (MSRP being the MSRP without the destination fee. Dealers like to say MSRP is the number with destination fee, so they add $800 to your MSRP figure.)

Dealers can be abusive during the bargaining process, questioning your numbers and pricing research. The best tool is to always be willing to say their price is too high, and politely decline to more negotiating. Repeat the price you believe they can meet and then just wait for their response. That's when they start moving the price in your direction. (I think the TrueCar website is a pricing tool for the dealer, the better price figures come from people on this forum.

That's good advice on negotiating. Just decline to give them any information they can argue against.

Which dealer in Cincinnati?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Bought a 2017 Honda Accord EX with Sensing today for $23,700. That does not include a $210 Michigan Doc Fee or TTL. I'd like to say thanks to everybody posting in this forum as I think this is a great source of pricing information.

It was a very easy process, all pricing discussion taking place via email. In and out of the dealer in about two hours, but that's probably to be expected as they were rather busy today. Who woulda guessed? :smile:

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mund123mund123 Member Posts: 1
    Looking at purchasing a 2017 Honda Accord Sport 4 dr. in MS. Can also look in TN. MSRP for my model is $25215. What should my target price be? New to this--thanks for any info.
  • phutballphutball Member Posts: 2
    I was offered $21500 OTD ($19166 before only TTL)for a 2016 Accord LX w/Sensing and $21000 OTD ($18666 before only TTL) for 2017 LX, both are 19% off MSRP. Should i go ahead to bring the car home? Which one would be better for the money in your opinion? Thanks.
    Just a heads up, looks like Honda is continuing the 0.9% financing through February.
  • cls061cls061 Member Posts: 11
    I purchased a 2017 Accord EX-L with Nav/Sensing on 12/31/16 for $28,000 OTD. It broke down to $27871 for vehicle and $129 dealer processing fee. Taxes I'll pay when I license the vehicle. I also had splash guards added but they're accounted for in the price. You always wonder if you could've gotten more off, but overall I'm please with the deal. I'm in Arkansas, by the way.
    cls061 said:

I purchased a 2017 Accord EX-L with Nav/Sensing on 12/31/16 for $28,000 OTD. It broke down to $27871 for vehicle and $129 dealer processing fee. Taxes I'll pay when I license the vehicle. I also had splash guards added but they're accounted for in the price. You always wonder if you could've gotten more off, but overall I'm please with the deal. I'm in Arkansas, by the way.

Congrats on the new Accord!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• scorpion_scorpion_ Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2017
    Hey guys. While crunching numbers & comparing deals, I noticed that the optimal reasonable percentage off original MSRP for a 36/10 deal on a Honda Accord Sport SE (and perhaps all Accord models) is between 15%-18%, off MSRP & for a 36/12 16%-19%.

Also, I've found that the Truecar website low-balls the discount to around 7-10% off MSRP , thus appearing to be more of a dealer's tool, as someone previously commented..Thoughts?