Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2017 Honda CR-V Deals and Prices

Comments

• @berri - no CD player
  • Costco is still in the process of negotiating. I found one dealer in Toledo but according to them, Costco deal is only few hundreds below MSRP.
  • @ade3333 - I have one in the parking lot and just tried. It does blink before it starts, and blinks thrice after starts and chirps.
  • I was told the year-end is applicable on Jan 2nd too. So the deals are applicable on Monday too based on the dealer that I bought from (NJ area).
  • ade3333ade3333 Posts: 8
    edited January 2017
    buyer1013 said:

@ade3333 - I have one in the parking lot and just tried. It does blink before it starts, and blinks thrice after starts and chirps.

your remote does this or the car does?
  • berriberri Posts: 10,057
    :@ Thanks buyer
  • @ade3333 - the car does.
  • buyer1013buyer1013 Posts: 22
    edited January 2017
    I bought 2017 CRV EX-L w/o Nav few hundreds less than invoice price and $500 more than average trade-in price of excellent condition. With CarPlay I dont think we need to pay $1,000 more for navigation feature. I gave them the offer of OTD price and explained the sales person how I came with that number. Sales person went in to talk to his boss and came back within 10 minutes with just $500 more than what I offered. I was shocked as I had $1,000 buffer to go up but I didnt have to.

Anybody who are in NJ, PA area, let me know if you are interested, I can provided more details.
  • steverstever Posts: 52,462
    Congrats @buyer1013!
  • I'm in the market for a EX-L w/o Nav. Called around to a few dealers in the NC/SC area. Best offer was 29,000 and $500 (tag, title, doc fees, tax)

I'm lucky in that I can wait a few months for the market to cool. I've told every dealer the same. I'm willing to pay 28.5k OTD on an EX-L. No trade in and cash offer.

I doubt I'll get it, but I figure one dealer might need to have one more car to push them over an annual sales goal and be willing to play ball with me.

What do you think? I'm guessing the car should be right at 28k (tax, tag, title, excluded)

Thanks and happy hunting!
  • @stever - thanks :smile: Thanks for your suggestions and contributions.
    edited January 2017
    @buyer990, AWD then?

$28k would be $1,500 below invoice. A bit aggressive for a new model but really, that's just ~10% off MSRP.

Doable, but maybe not tomorrow, especially in your area. TMV is still invoice, but that's mostly because we don't have enough sales data yet.

I like your attitude, make 'em sweat and wait 'em out. :)
  • @buyer990 - I dealt with 12 dealers (10 of them over phone, only 2 in person) and only one of them agreed to what I wanted. I spent 35 hours and 40 hours was my limit, it was close.

Based on other 11 dealers' response I was surprised the 12th guy agreed, but I stuck with what is "reasonable" (very subjective). As long as you can present your case, I think you will find the seller, and in my case year-end made the difference. Dealer wanted to meet his target at any cost and I called him at the same time.
  • About the vehicle - can you believe I just drove 30 miles on a state highway road (with traffic lights) without putting my foot on break pedal or accelerator!!! Other than steering I didn't have to do anything. It stopped on its own depending on the car in-front of me and I just had to press the Resume button of cruise to start after stopping at a traffic light.
    Sweet! I want it. :)
  • No it's a 2WD. So I figured 28.5k OTD was a fair price. The MSRP sticker is 30,095
  • @buyer990 - what you are asking is $2,200 less than invoice price. How did you come up with that number?

Hm, wonder if I'm looking at the wrong numbers again.

So MSRP is $30,095 and your selling price before fees and taxes is $28,000, that's a 7% off MSRP deal. Seems more "normal" for the brand new CR-V.

Invoice is $28,304.
  • So what are the thoughts on adding accessories to sweeten prices? If I tell them I'd add $1400 worth of accessories, is that usually a turn on for dealers or is the margin really that thin on them so they dont actually care?
    You can get an idea of the markup at HandA, a dealer that sells online. They didn't have 2017 stuff posted yet but the 2016 prices should help. If the salesperson just gets paid a percentage of MSRP on the car itself, I could see where they wouldn't care much.

Don't know how to answer your question - still seems better to build it like you want and then figure out your target OTD price and work off that.
  • Im now working on two more dealers in my area for the 2017 CRV Touring. Looking to get $32K before Tax, title, etc... (so $2,595 off or 7.5% off sticker of $34,595)).
  • buyer1013 said:

About the vehicle - can you believe I just drove 30 miles on a state highway road (with traffic lights) without putting my foot on break pedal or accelerator!!! Other than steering I didn't have to do anything. It stopped on its own depending on the car in-front of me and I just had to press the Resume button of cruise to start after stopping at a traffic light.

Congrats @buyer1013 - Turn on lane assist and you won't have to do anything at all, except some minor steering. It's awesome. I couldn't believe the car was driving itself with these features. It was pretty sweet and made for a really relaxing drive.

On a maintenance note - has anyone experienced loud idling noises in their 2017s? I took mine (500 miles EX-L) to Honda this morning after a "chug-chug-chug-chug" noise became more noticeable while seated in the cabin. It only occurs while idling in park/drive/reverse and can easily be heard in the car with doors/windows closed, but is harder to hear externally. They were 99% confident it was an issue with the fuel pump. While operationally, it was fine, they could feel the pump vibrating while idling. The noise would stop once I gave it a little throttle. Service tech said this was a common issue on the older models and if it was annoying me enough they could take it in to assess the problem/replace it if necessary.
  • teckelteckel Posts: 2
    Looked at and test drove a 2017 EX-L today, very nice. Local dealer would only come down $250 off MSRP and my trade in value was low. Salesman said that sticker price will go up by $1250 after next group of new CRV's received, that current pricing was "introductory". Has anyone heard that? Also test drove the 2016 EXL and was offered price of $26663 (including destination) and 0.9% financing from Honda, probably more than 50 2016 models on lot (of all trim levels) Tempted, but really liked the 2017 a lot more - but not at that price.
    Was shopping in Cincinnati area.
    Haven't heard that, could just be "sales talk".
  • First time car buyer. Kind of at a lost. Looking for a 2017 EX AWD in the Cleveland, Ohio area 44105 willing to wait until march. What price should I be going for? 
  • @teckel : i was offered a CRV EXL 2016 for 27.5K OTD in November. This is in florida where tax and other charges are high. So selling price of car would have been around 25K.. I didnt buy it because I wanted 2017 which has all features and new engine. I am still waiting for price to go down on 2017..
    If you like to buy 2016, negotiate more ; they will give better than $26663 for sure.
  • 2017 CRV Touring closed at $32,166 with free wheel locks and 1 free oil change. Paid over that top of the price for all weather mats and cargo tray. Financed for 60 mo at 2.24% (I have exceptional credit, I am wondering if I got taken for a ride a little here, this is what I shared my other bank could do, which in hindsight, I probably shouldn't have shared ahead of time).

Initially offered $31K over the phone to sales associate. Was emailed from Sales Manager $32,211. Wouldn't budge off of it in person (I tried). This was the first 2017 CRV Touring they have sold.

Tax in WI was $1,818, DMV fees $99, Doc Fee $299.

I also had a trade in which I feel I got a fair price on.

Best of luck all. I feel an EX probably could've sufficed but boy, do those LED headlights look sharp. Feels like I'm driving an Acura or some other luxury vehicle.
  • pri1011pri1011 Raleigh, NCPosts: 7
    can you get those LED lights on EX? aftermarket or something?
    Congrats @mmsiv11!

Can I ask if this was Madison or Milwaukee or somewhere else? I shopped Hondas in Ashland and Madison a few years back when I lived in the UP. Found the dealers to be straight shooters if not especially aggressive on deals. They were better than down here on prices though.

You got a below market rate on the financing and I don't see any financing incentives on the 2017s. Chances are you did just fine there too.
  • I'm in the market for a EX-L w/o Nav. Called around to a few dealers in the NC/SC area. Best offer was 29,000 and $500 (tag, title, doc fees, tax)
    buyer990 said:

I'm in the market for a EX-L w/o Nav. Called around to a few dealers in the NC/SC area. Best offer was 29,000 and $500 (tag, title, doc fees, tax)

I'm lucky in that I can wait a few months for the market to cool. I've told every dealer the same. I'm willing to pay 28.5k OTD on an EX-L. No trade in and cash offer.

I doubt I'll get it, but I figure one dealer might need to have one more car to push them over an annual sales goal and be willing to play ball with me.

What do you think? I'm guessing the car should be right at 28k (tax, tag, title, excluded)

Thanks and happy hunting!