Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• suydamsuydam Posts: 4,082
    Unless you count the Pontiac Vibe, which I bought because it's REALLY a Toyota, these are the first GM vehicles we've ever owned. They do seem to be on the cutting edge right now.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • tjc78tjc78 South JerseyPosts: 8,678
    I vowed never to own a GM after the disaster my 1998 Olds 88 was but I came back and have been perfectly happy with my 2012 LaCrosse and it's replacement 2015 Enclave.

2017 Buick Enclave / 2017 Hyundai Elantra

• andres3andres3 Southern CAPosts: 10,904
    breld said:

@andres3 - I think you shoukd be the one getting the Alltrack!   :)

I sat in one yesterday when I met up with @Michaell for lunch (he was getting service done in his Jetta).  It is a nice overall package, with some attractive interior accents unique to the alltrack.  And of course, the DSG is a nice addition if you prefer it, which I know you do. 

I thought the All-Track was getting a boring 6-speed slushbox, or a manual option (my wife won't take that). Still, not having DSG isn't a deal-breaker if the 6-speed is a good performing unit. Now you got me wanting to go to the VW dealer during my lunch break....
    '16 Audi TTS quattro 2.0T, '15 Audi A4 quattro 2.0T, '16 Kia Optima LX 1.6T
  • breldbreld Posts: 4,469
    andres3 said:

breld said:

@andres3 - I think you shoukd be the one getting the Alltrack!   :)

I sat in one yesterday when I met up with @Michaell for lunch (he was getting service done in his Jetta).  It is a nice overall package, with some attractive interior accents unique to the alltrack.  And of course, the DSG is a nice addition if you prefer it, which I know you do. 

I thought the All-Track was getting a boring 6-speed slushbox, or a manual option (my wife won't take that). Still, not having DSG isn't a deal-breaker if the 6-speed is a good performing unit. Now you got me wanting to go to the VW dealer during my lunch break....
    We anxiously await your report back. :)

2018 Audi Q7 - 2018 Audi A5 - 2017 Miata RF

edited January 2017
    tjc78 said:

I vowed never to own a GM after the disaster my 1998 Olds 88 was but I came back and have been perfectly happy with my 2012 LaCrosse and it's replacement 2015 Enclave.

Your ban only lasted about a dozen years at most; not very long at all. Either you forget fast, or forgive quickly.

I would consider owning a Pontiac Vibe or Geo Prism to be the equivalent of having owned a Toyota.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 32,870
    the only car I ever had that could qualify as ban worthy was the Voyager. But at this point, it is the current state of FC and their products that keeps me from considering them.

2019 Acura TLX A-spec 4 cyl. (mine), and 2013 Acura RDX AWD (wife's)

• steverstever Posts: 52,462
    It's Volvos for me. 35 odd years now.
  • ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 10,627
    andres3 said:

I would consider owning a Pontiac Vibe or Geo Prism to be the equivalent of having owned a Toyota.

I would consider it to be the equivalent of being put into jail. ;)

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

I'm regretting lifting my ban of AT&T recently to take advantage of a too good to refuse offer through Costco for Direct TV and U-Verse (AT&T) Internet. Mainly Direct TV has a good product at good price, but their customer service and coordination with the AT&T takeover could use some work.

Can't blame them entirely, as I am disappointed with their customer service in the first few months, but that pales in comparison to the way I've had to deal with AT&T and their deplorable customer service.

So they never sent me a first bill. Then they shutoff my service as apparently they choose a random wrong email to send the bills to (and default is apparently paperless; bad policy). So without ever having received a bill, I have to contact them to get the first bill paid since they turned off my internet (it was off for less than a day; I called them the same day they cut me off). A month later I get a bill showing a $49 "reconnect" fee. This is after I've already called in to demand a credit for all fees and charges associated from their mistake, I think there were two "late fee" related charges. I didn't know about this one until more recently as it only showed up on my latest bill.

They actually argued with me and gave me a hard time for demanding a credit on the $49. They said something to the effect of "I have to check my online account for their bills even if I never get one." They said something along the lines of "they are not the only company to charge a high (reactivate) fee."

Bottom line, I've received at least 4 bills now (a couple from Direct TV, maybe 3 from AT&T), and none of them have been correct, and I've had to call into each separate entity for each and every bill. The bills were supposed to have been "combined," but for some reason that never happened, or it did happen and was somehow removed (another fiasco). That's a lot of phone calls and wasted time. Wait times when you dial range from good to mediocre.
    That's very frustrating. We just made a switch from AT&T to Verizon last week - we'll see how that goes.

• 28firefighter28firefighter Seattle, WAPosts: 5,332
    We moved from AT&T to T-Mobile last year - we're saving $200/month across our 5 phone plan including devices, coverage is probably 90% of AT&Ts at this point, and we get unlimited data. I've been pretty happy so far.
    2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, 2016 BMW X1 xDrive28i, 2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen
    qbrozen said:

I definitely miss remote start. No power liftgate on the EX, and that is just fine by me. Way too small and light of a hatch to need it. Wife uses the one on the van constantly (along with the remote start), but it annoys me with its slowness so I usually just do it manually, much to her disbelief.

i agree keyless start should just be a given these days. My biggest surprise in shopping was finding the 2013 GLK did not have it. When the salesman told me to insert the key fob, I said "you are kidding, right?" When my VW Jetta has it, it is just expected elsewhere. 

I hate slow power doors/lift-gates. I'd want one that opens with the speed of an inflating air bag! Of course, that would mean you'd have to have a dozen or so ugly warning/caution stickers all over your car's rear end.

I hate the ugly black, yellow, and red colored air-bag warning stickers on the Kia's visors. Audi is forced to put a sticker telling you to flip the visor open to see the real written warning, as a graphic is apparently not enough these days.
    breld said:

That's very frustrating. We just made a switch from AT&T to Verizon last week - we'll see how that goes.

Cingular got bought out by AT&T so my wife and I inadvertently were with AT&T during my boycott. Nearly 2 years ago we switched to Verizon, and we have enjoyed monthly savings of significant dollars, and a much better overall experience. AT&T needs to stop buying everything.

For me it is a nightmare. It would be like Chrysler suddenly buying up all the companies I like.
    ab348 said:

andres3 said:

I would consider it to be the equivalent of being put into jail. ;)
    Having owned. Vibe I'd agree with you there. Never drove a Prism though.
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 4,868
    With Cingular and now AT&T and after a few hiccups, we're pleased. Son left our family plan so paying $35/each phone, 4 phones on plan. Get 10 gigs/month with rollover and have yet to go over 4 gigs, this month at 3.75. No more contract and my payoff ends in 3 months while my oldest in 10. My 25% postal discount a big reason we're still there as I would switch to T-Mobile in a nano second but would cost upwards of $40/phone but would have unlimited data. I just turn my data off whenever not in use which helps keep the bill low. All the places we live, our house plus each kids rental, has wi-fi which takes over from the data when walking through the door.
    Suspect most folks are like me wanting a new device every couple of years as tech and features do change. Got my newest phone from Amazon.com Saturday and will go over to the AT&T store sometime next week and have them transfer the sim and other things to the new unlocked gsm device. Went android again though my tablet and laptop are both Apple. Just prefer the android platform for my smartphone for some odd reason...it just works for me. My current phone only has 8 gigs of storage, most taken up by bloatware, plus a 8 gig s d card. Only problem is most app's can not be moved over to the s d card. New phone has 32 gigs I think plus uses the cloud to store app's and photos not being used. A new idea so we'll see how it all plays out.

The Sandman :) B)

2015 Audi A3 (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2008 Hyundai Accent GLS (daughter #2)

kyfdx said:

I was close.. the House and Senate advanced a bill to buy that '97 Range Rover. But, it was vetoed by the Executive Branch.

You need to go back and show a 2/3 super-majority in the House and Senate can override that veto! Or maybe you want to get re-elected again....
    phones, cable, insurance, etc. all have the same issue. They are fine as long as you are set up correctly and don't make changes. Just get the monthly bill and pay it. But, if you have a glitch, or fall into a crack, you become a problem child and it can be a nightmare to ever get it all fixed. The machine is not designed to deal with you special cases.

I just had a spat yesterday with Comcast (stuck with them sadly). They were doing some sort of outside system maintenance, and were in everyone's boxes out by the road. No notice. I only knew because I was home and saw the guy, and went out to ask why he was there. Well, after he left, we were totally dead in the water. Had a chat with the service center, and they could not get anyone out until the next day (I did get a credit for that missed day though). Next morning early, guy came, fixed problem, even did some stuff inside (that I never asked for). So, problem solved .in theory.

get the bill last week, and it is even higher than normal. Find buried in it a $40 charge for a service call. So back on phone to point out their error, and got some pushback on it. Tech notes were skimpy to say the least. Had to push to file a complaint, to get sent "up the chain" for review, including having to pull my original call. Because I ain't paying for them to come out, since it was only to fix what they broke. Regardless of what the tech decided to poke around with while he was there!

These "service charges" to fix a problem they caused are such a pain in the tv and internet industry.
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • corvettecorvette United StatesPosts: 6,746
    Everyone on Broadbandreports just says to file an FCC complaint any time you have an issue with a cable/TV provider. I've never done it but supposedly it is the quickest way to get your issue resolved.

AT&T is stringing a bunch of fiber here in Louisville, but as far as I can tell, most of it is still "dark" and the houses near it aren't eligible for fiber service.

My parents' internet (in a rural area) was out for a couple of weeks. Cable company only has a tech in the area once a week. The phone company there is running fiber to the home but keeping everybody on the same pricing/speeds as their DSL service unless they want to pay hundreds for symmetrical fiber service (which most home users aren't willing to do). It's sad to see someone with a 5 millisecond ping time but their download capped at 2 megabits.

Unfortunately, I need use of AT&T's towers for my cell service, since I often travel to rural areas and they seem to have the best coverage where I travel. I've been with Straight Talk for several years now without issues, which gets me AT&T's towers at about half the price. If you can live without visual voicemail on the iPhone, it's a great deal.
  • mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Posts: 588
    Punch- 2017 Honda Accord Touring sedan. Pick it up tomorrow evening.
    edited January 2017
    @mjfloyd1 - congrats! Such a great all-around car.

Congrats! Tell us about it.
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • 28firefighter28firefighter Seattle, WAPosts: 5,332
    mjfloyd1 said:
    Punch- 2017 Honda Accord Touring sedan. Pick it up tomorrow evening.
    Winner winner chicken dinner! First punch is in. 
    2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, 2016 BMW X1 xDrive28i, 2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen
  • henrynhenryn Houston, TXPosts: 2,575
    Great car. Did you go for the V6? I understand their sales month / quarter / year extends to January 3rd, is that right?
    2018 Ford F150 XLT Crew Cab, 2016 Chrysler Town & Country Touring
  • corvettecorvette United StatesPosts: 6,746
    edited January 2017
    In the US, the Accord Touring only comes with the V6.
    edited January 2017
    Modern steel metallic (charcoal) with light grey leather guts. V6 6 speed AT. Touring has adaptive cruise and about every safety system that I can think of -has the Honda sensing system and navigation. The dealer cash ($1000) ended today so I did my all too familiar purchase by phone. Local dealer had a ruby red one for $500 less but daughter (and I)likes the charcoal (but wife likes the ruby red) and local guy said there wasn't enough time to get the transfer in with dealer cash ending today (seems like BS - I would think that they could have arranged the trade and put the VIN in the system, but whatever). Picked it up for about $31k before sales tax, $175 doc/title fee and $1.25 wheel tax. Stickered at $36k ish IIRC.

My timing, as always, is impeccable. Wife is in south FL with one daughter (and TDI Passat) and I am here with a 15 year old. Luckily a friend is going to Indianapolis tomorrow and can drop me off. Yeah, I don't plan well. Kinda like buying my RS7 over the phone (thinking that they wouldn't accept my offer, followed by that oh crap, now I have to drive 10 hours to Baltimore moment). I'm a genius- not.
    edited January 2017
    I drove an Accord touring, Accord ex-L 4 cyl / cvt, civic hatch cvt , Q70, and Mazda 6 with my daughter yesterday. Q70 rode the best but is a bit top heavy in awd and stickered at $57k. I really drove it since stickguys favorite dealer has a 14 q70 with 5 k miles for 30k. Mazda6 rode well but while probably adequate, seemed underpowered compared to the V6 Accord. I also figure the Honda resale will be better.

As an aside, the Infiniti dealer has a sister VW store next door. The salesman said that someone returned a TDI with most body panels and interior stripped. Seems underhanded to me.
    the white Q70 is still there!

I heard about the stripping of TDIs. I would say screw it, and tell the owner nope, not good enough. Either put it together, or no dice, and if they don't like it, go hire a lawyer.

I looked to see if the white Q70 was still there. It looks like it doesn't have front parking sensors so I assume that it doesn't have all the safety systems as well.

Infiniti salesman was a young disenchanted lawyer -technically the TDI only needed to be driven under its own power to qualify
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 126,124
    stickguy said:

the white Q70 is still there!

I heard about the stripping of TDIs. I would say screw it, and tell the owner nope, not good enough. Either put it together, or no dice, and if they don't like it, go hire a lawyer.

Exactly

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator