Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Honda CR-V Deals and Prices

Comments

• buyer1013buyer1013 Member Posts: 22
    @stever - thanks :smile: Thanks for your suggestions and contributions.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited January 2017
    @buyer990, AWD then?

$28k would be $1,500 below invoice. A bit aggressive for a new model but really, that's just ~10% off MSRP.

Doable, but maybe not tomorrow, especially in your area. TMV is still invoice, but that's mostly because we don't have enough sales data yet.

I like your attitude, make 'em sweat and wait 'em out. :)
    @buyer990 - I dealt with 12 dealers (10 of them over phone, only 2 in person) and only one of them agreed to what I wanted. I spent 35 hours and 40 hours was my limit, it was close.

Based on other 11 dealers' response I was surprised the 12th guy agreed, but I stuck with what is "reasonable" (very subjective). As long as you can present your case, I think you will find the seller, and in my case year-end made the difference. Dealer wanted to meet his target at any cost and I called him at the same time.
    About the vehicle - can you believe I just drove 30 miles on a state highway road (with traffic lights) without putting my foot on break pedal or accelerator!!! Other than steering I didn't have to do anything. It stopped on its own depending on the car in-front of me and I just had to press the Resume button of cruise to start after stopping at a traffic light.
    Sweet! I want it. :)
  • buyer990buyer990 Member Posts: 2
    No it's a 2WD. So I figured 28.5k OTD was a fair price. The MSRP sticker is 30,095
    @buyer990 - what you are asking is $2,200 less than invoice price. How did you come up with that number?

Hm, wonder if I'm looking at the wrong numbers again.

So MSRP is $30,095 and your selling price before fees and taxes is $28,000, that's a 7% off MSRP deal. Seems more "normal" for the brand new CR-V.

Invoice is $28,304.
  • mmsiv11mmsiv11 Member Posts: 4
    So what are the thoughts on adding accessories to sweeten prices? If I tell them I'd add $1400 worth of accessories, is that usually a turn on for dealers or is the margin really that thin on them so they dont actually care?
    You can get an idea of the markup at HandA, a dealer that sells online. They didn't have 2017 stuff posted yet but the 2016 prices should help. If the salesperson just gets paid a percentage of MSRP on the car itself, I could see where they wouldn't care much.

Don't know how to answer your question - still seems better to build it like you want and then figure out your target OTD price and work off that.
    Im now working on two more dealers in my area for the 2017 CRV Touring. Looking to get $32K before Tax, title, etc... (so $2,595 off or 7.5% off sticker of $34,595)).
  • nefan22nefan22 Member Posts: 7
    buyer1013 said:

About the vehicle - can you believe I just drove 30 miles on a state highway road (with traffic lights) without putting my foot on break pedal or accelerator!!! Other than steering I didn't have to do anything. It stopped on its own depending on the car in-front of me and I just had to press the Resume button of cruise to start after stopping at a traffic light.

Congrats @buyer1013 - Turn on lane assist and you won't have to do anything at all, except some minor steering. It's awesome. I couldn't believe the car was driving itself with these features. It was pretty sweet and made for a really relaxing drive.

On a maintenance note - has anyone experienced loud idling noises in their 2017s? I took mine (500 miles EX-L) to Honda this morning after a "chug-chug-chug-chug" noise became more noticeable while seated in the cabin. It only occurs while idling in park/drive/reverse and can easily be heard in the car with doors/windows closed, but is harder to hear externally. They were 99% confident it was an issue with the fuel pump. While operationally, it was fine, they could feel the pump vibrating while idling. The noise would stop once I gave it a little throttle. Service tech said this was a common issue on the older models and if it was annoying me enough they could take it in to assess the problem/replace it if necessary.
  • teckelteckel Member Posts: 3
    Looked at and test drove a 2017 EX-L today, very nice. Local dealer would only come down $250 off MSRP and my trade in value was low. Salesman said that sticker price will go up by $1250 after next group of new CRV's received, that current pricing was "introductory". Has anyone heard that? Also test drove the 2016 EXL and was offered price of $26663 (including destination) and 0.9% financing from Honda, probably more than 50 2016 models on lot (of all trim levels) Tempted, but really liked the 2017 a lot more - but not at that price.
    Was shopping in Cincinnati area.
    Haven't heard that, could just be "sales talk".
  • kiac021kiac021 Member Posts: 10
    First time car buyer. Kind of at a lost. Looking for a 2017 EX AWD in the Cleveland, Ohio area 44105 willing to wait until march. What price should I be going for? 
  • mike_michaelmike_michael Member Posts: 5
    @teckel : i was offered a CRV EXL 2016 for 27.5K OTD in November. This is in florida where tax and other charges are high. So selling price of car would have been around 25K.. I didnt buy it because I wanted 2017 which has all features and new engine. I am still waiting for price to go down on 2017..
    If you like to buy 2016, negotiate more ; they will give better than $26663 for sure.
    2017 CRV Touring closed at $32,166 with free wheel locks and 1 free oil change. Paid over that top of the price for all weather mats and cargo tray. Financed for 60 mo at 2.24% (I have exceptional credit, I am wondering if I got taken for a ride a little here, this is what I shared my other bank could do, which in hindsight, I probably shouldn't have shared ahead of time).

Initially offered $31K over the phone to sales associate. Was emailed from Sales Manager $32,211. Wouldn't budge off of it in person (I tried). This was the first 2017 CRV Touring they have sold.

Tax in WI was $1,818, DMV fees $99, Doc Fee $299.

I also had a trade in which I feel I got a fair price on.

Best of luck all. I feel an EX probably could've sufficed but boy, do those LED headlights look sharp. Feels like I'm driving an Acura or some other luxury vehicle.
  • pri1011pri1011 Member Posts: 7
    can you get those LED lights on EX? aftermarket or something?
    Congrats @mmsiv11!

Can I ask if this was Madison or Milwaukee or somewhere else? I shopped Hondas in Ashland and Madison a few years back when I lived in the UP. Found the dealers to be straight shooters if not especially aggressive on deals. They were better than down here on prices though.

You got a below market rate on the financing and I don't see any financing incentives on the 2017s. Chances are you did just fine there too.
  • obrien040362obrien040362 Member Posts: 134
    I'm in the market for a EX-L w/o Nav. Called around to a few dealers in the NC/SC area. Best offer was 29,000 and $500 (tag, title, doc fees, tax)
    buyer990 said:

I'm in the market for a EX-L w/o Nav. Called around to a few dealers in the NC/SC area. Best offer was 29,000 and $500 (tag, title, doc fees, tax)

I'm lucky in that I can wait a few months for the market to cool. I've told every dealer the same. I'm willing to pay 28.5k OTD on an EX-L. No trade in and cash offer.

I doubt I'll get it, but I figure one dealer might need to have one more car to push them over an annual sales goal and be willing to play ball with me.

What do you think? I'm guessing the car should be right at 28k (tax, tag, title, excluded)

Thanks and happy hunting!

edited January 2017
    when you say tax do you mean sales tax?

this was a comment to the above post 110
  • krisktkriskt Member Posts: 11
    edited January 2017

I just closed a purchase for a 2017 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L without Nav in Obsidian blue with gray leather interior. No dealer add-ons at all. This car was already coming in this dealer's allotment and arrived last night. It was exactly what we wanted.

I negotiated by email with the Internet manager (Andy Gostomczik) at Tom Kadlec Honda in Rochester, MN. I didn't actually call him back until he agreed to get the price below 30K (otherwise we would have waited a couple of months plus I knew it was the end of the year quarter). I sent emails to 8 dealers in 4 states and my local dealer had the best price by far. Yay!!

Everyone at Kadlec was such a pleasure to deal with from the initial email on Dec. 26 through driving off in the car after the purchase tonight! We recently had a bad experience buying an Acura MDX in IL, so this time was really great (only took an hour to learn about the car and do the paperwork). We paid cash and had no trade-in.

MSRP- $31,395
    discount- $1,400

price- $29,995 (including delivery)

tag, title and tax- $2,516 (including $75 doc fee, small filing fee and they had the actual tags for a $6 fee)

OTD- $32,511

I tried TrueCar, Costco, US News, Consumer Reports and USAA car buying services too, but all of them only had discounts ranging from $400-800. So I did better on my own!

• teckelteckel Member Posts: 3
    Just looking again at the Honda website and it appears the destination fee is now $940, was $900. I still don't know what to make of the dealer I visited saying that the current CR-V pricing was "introductory" and would go up by $1200 as more CR-V's arrived. With their best offer only $250 off MSRP, I am going to wait. but if the overall price goes up by that much that will affect bottom line.
    Does the AWD turn off (disengage) after the car reaches 25 MPH. I know it does on Hyundai Tuscan and Toyota RAV4, but not on a Subaru Outback (best AWD)
    @stever : can you please tell me what is TMV of EXL for 32246. Also what do you think is the correct price to negotiate for EXL.Getting it for invoice a good deal?.. Do you think waiting couple months help?
  • defuso10defuso10 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2017
    I just purchased the 2017 EX-L model. We did the deal on New Years Eve. O got the car for $29,010 and they threw in the molded floor mats and chrome locking lug nuts. All in all I'm very happy with my purchase. The gas mileage is still going up daily. It's now averaging at 26.8. My Mom has a 2016 EX-L and mine is loaded with features that hers doesn't have. My only disappointment was that the 2017 doesn't come with roof rails and the 2016 did. Failed to mention this was at Lehigh Valley Honda in PA. 
  • tom911tom911 Member Posts: 63
    I just found out that only the touring comes with roof rails - disappointing!
  • 2017_crv2017_crv Member Posts: 4
    I am getting a deal on Honda CRV EX AWD for 27,000 excluding Tax / Registration and document fee (400) ,
    MSRP is 28,895 and I checked almost 20 dealers around me.

Please suggest if this is a good price or I should wait ?.

Please also suggest what accessories or things I should ask from Dealer ... sorry for asking silly questions first time buyer here.
  • soontobecrvsoontobecrv Member Posts: 2
    2017_crv,
    Taking a look at crvownersclub, there have been 4 (documented) EX AWD sold in the last week. For comparative purposes, let's include the doc fee, so how does your $27,400 compare?
    $28,000 from Cleveland, OH
    $27,000 from Boston, MA
    $27,838 from WA
    $27,931 from NJ

So, your price is not too shabby, but could possibly be better.
    edited January 2017
    @2017_crv $1895 discount looks really good to me..around 7 percent discount.. i have been trying and none of the delears are ready to discount more than 1000 here in Florida for an exl. :( if you can get bit more discount like soontobecrv mentioned above or few free accessories like all weather mats,window tints , cargo mat etc ,it will be great..
  • mhrhondacrvmhrhondacrv Member Posts: 1
    I bought 2017 CRV EX AWD in Blue, including everything except tax and tags,the price was $27,426 which was about $200 over invoice. Purchased car from Advantage Honda in Manhasset Long Island, NY. I love the car.
  • jwdkhanjwdkhan Member Posts: 11
    ade3333 said:

Wrapped up the purchase of a 2017 CRV AWD Touring edition a few days ago.
    MSRP (with destination) for this one is $34,595

I ended up paying (Excluding tax, tags, registration):
    Vehicle - $32,385
    Doc fee - $135

Hi ade3333,

How much was tax, title and registration? How did you find out the invoice price for the AWD Touring? Did you ask for the discount off of invoice price or MSRP? Thanks.
  • carliciouscarlicious Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2017
    I'm having no luck getting dealers in NYC to budge off MSRP for an EX. I've decided to get an AWD EX-L though and will try again as well as contacting other dealers outside the city. Any suggestions for what I should offer below MSRP based on the pricing we've been seeing so far? MSRP including destination is $31,395. So I was thinking I should shoot for something like $29,895. Does that seem doable?
  • sfca1sfca1 Member Posts: 3
    2017 CRV EXL , FWD, Navi. Mod metallic / grey interior.
    31,000 OTD, $28135 vehicle, $700 dealer costs, $2025 tax , $180 title tag registration etc.
    Atlanta area, Not too much 2017 stock avail with local dealers here. Guess they are selling well.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    sfca1 said:

31,000 OTD, $28135 vehicle, $700 dealer costs, $2025 tax , $180 title tag registration etc.
    Atlanta area, Not too much 2017 stock avail with local dealers here. Guess they are selling well.

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

sfca1 said:

Is the $700 dealer costs the same as the 'Destination & Handling' fee of $940 shown on Honda's website when you try to build and price a CRV. The same site shows an EXL MSRP of $29,195 + $940 D&H. You seem to have gotten $1,060 off of MSRP which sounds good.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    jwdkhan said:

sfca1 said:

Is the $700 dealer costs the same as the 'Destination & Handling' fee of $940 shown on Honda's website when you try to build and price a CRV. The same site shows an EXL MSRP of $29,195 + $940 D&H. You seem to have gotten $1,060 off of MSRP which sounds good.
    In GA, the $700 is likely a dealer fee... :(

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

@sfca1 Great deal. I was willing to pay 31 k for exl without nav,but no delear here in Florida was ready. would you mind telling the dealer name. Also please tell us if you trade in old car?
    kyfdx said:

jwdkhan said:

sfca1 said:

In GA, the $700 is likely a dealer fee... :(
    Thanks. It seems sfca1's cost of car $28,135 already includes the 'D&H' fee if his total is $31,000 OTD.
    I have an offer from a NY dealer for a 2017 CRV EX-L AWD of:

Car Price - 29,795
    DMV - 97.50
    Tax - 2,578.23
    Final Cost - 32,470.73

That's the best I've done so far. Do you think this is a good deal? (I've also posted this in the CRV Owners Forum for those reading/tracking prices in both places.)
  • soontobecrvsoontobecrv Member Posts: 2
    tom911 said:

Tom, unless I'm reading the Honda website incorrectly, it appears to me that the EX-L also comes with roof rails. Perhaps you were looking at an EX?

tom911 said:

Tom, unless I'm reading the Honda website incorrectly, it appears to me that the EX-L also comes with roof rails. Perhaps you were looking at an EX?
    I believe only the Touring comes with roof rails but from Honda's website there is an option to have them added as an accessory for other trims.
    I'm looking at Honda's site right now using its comparison tool (to compare the features of different models) and it says both the EX-L and Touring come with roof rails. The EX and LX do not. It might be wrong, but that's what it says.

I'm looking at Honda's site right now using its comparison tool (to compare the features of different models) and it says both the EX-L and Touring come with roof rails. The EX and LX do not. It might be wrong, but that's what it says.

If I'm not mistaken, when I was at my local WA Honda dealership last week, I recall walking over to the Touring and checking the rails because the EXL did not have them. Also on the 'Specifications and Features' page it only shows roof rails checked for the Touring Trim and when I select an EXL to 'Build your Car', I have the option to add roof rails. Could be something with the webpage maybe.
  • aloha20092aloha20092 Member Posts: 1
    Hi stever and other buyers,
    I am glad there is a blog that discusses the buying experience and price paid for their new car. I am in the market for the New 2017 Honda CRV Ex-l or Touring. I live in Oahu, HI and there isn't much option for me to choose from as far as the dealers go. I am going with Tony's Honda. They are offering the New EX-L for @29,195 minus the $500 off for students. Is that a good price to pay for the EX-L 2017? I am not in a hurry and am looking for the best deal as possible. May I know how much should I ask them to lower down or the final price?

Thanks. any suggestion are welcome.
  • kiac021kiac021 Member Posts: 10
    If any of you leased could you share your monthly payments
  • 2017_crv2017_crv Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the reply , unfortunately there are no incentives or financing available for 2017 models , so looks like I have to make third party arrangements , talked to another dealer and he said there will be more choices in colors and incentives around June / July time frame.

If I get some financing under 2% , will close the deal by next week for 27 K.
    edited January 2017
    jwdkhan said:

sfca1 said:

Not sure of your math

I don't think your $29,195 MSRP included the Navi package
  • hondanj2017hondanj2017 Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2017
    I am in market for Honda CRV 2017 EX AWD model. I am in Union, NJ area.
    I got quote for $27,250 (including destination) + ttl + doc fee.

Is it reasonable quote?

Thanks for help and Happy hunting!!!
  • lightblue1lightblue1 Member Posts: 4
    Like to know what readers think of price I have got on 2017 CRV EX . Total cost , no trade in - out the door - all tax , license fees included . 31,000 . I also got what they call a "lifetime Warranty" and 3 years of Vehicle service. Is this a good deal or can a better one be had ? I gave them 1000 bucks to hold the car that is now being manufactured and arriving in 2-3 Weeks. They said I could have the 1000 back if I changed my mind . Thanks bob.