Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Chevrolet Volt Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• shaan23shaan23 Member Posts: 7
    Can i request the MF, residual, and lease cash for both the LT and Premier Volt 2017 for a 36/10k in Bay Area, CA (95136) ?

Another query - how soon does the 2018 volt become available?
  • compmancompman Member Posts: 26
    We got tired of waiting for our Blue Volt LT to arrive at the dealership in San Diego (ETA kept getting pushed back), so I started looking a little farther north to the Irvine area. Put in an internet price request in at a couple of dealership and they both came in at great deals. Here's the worksheet for the one we're going with. It doesn't include a trade-in, but it's a 2005 Saturn Vue with 180K, so not expecting much lol. Whatever we can get for it is a bonus that reduces the payments by a handful of dollars. We're putting $2000 cash down, which will cover the drive-off costs plus a little more. I'll get that back with the $1500 CA rebate.

Car is LT plus Cargo Net and Wheel locks, so the MSRP is $34,610. But with minimal haggling got the selling price to $30,700 (11.3% reduction!), which I'm happy with. Better than the $32k from the first dealer that still hasn't produced a car in their lot.

Here's the worksheet for anyone's thoughts.

Thanks!

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,978
    shaan23 said:

Can i request the MF, residual, and lease cash for both the LT and Premier Volt 2017 for a 36/10k in Bay Area, CA (95136) ?

Another query - how soon does the 2018 volt become available?

.00069 and 51% (LT) or 50% (Premier)

$4400 lease cash on LT; $4025 on Premier

No information about availability of the 2018's

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

compman said:

We got tired of waiting for our Blue Volt LT to arrive at the dealership in San Diego (ETA kept getting pushed back), so I started looking a little farther north to the Irvine area. Put in an internet price request in at a couple of dealership and they both came in at great deals. Here's the worksheet for the one we're going with. It doesn't include a trade-in, but it's a 2005 Saturn Vue with 180K, so not expecting much lol. Whatever we can get for it is a bonus that reduces the payments by a handful of dollars. We're putting $2000 cash down, which will cover the drive-off costs plus a little more. I'll get that back with the $1500 CA rebate.

Car is LT plus Cargo Net and Wheel locks, so the MSRP is $34,610. But with minimal haggling got the selling price to $30,700 (11.3% reduction!), which I'm happy with. Better than the $32k from the first dealer that still hasn't produced a car in their lot.

Thanks!

Congrats! Looks like a bit of travel scored you a much better deal, and on a car you can drive home.

Enjoy!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• s0cr4t1cs0cr4t1c Member Posts: 23

compman said:

Thanks!

I am soooo jealous you got that price! I walked into a dealer on Tuesday here in FL and tried to open with 11% off of MSRP and he looked at me like I had two heads. GM must really be giving hefty dealer incentives out there in CA compared to FL. If I were purchasing vs leasing, it would almost be worth it to fly to CA to buy and drive the car cross country back to FL.
    Walking into the dealership was the first problem. I used to go into the showroom when I was ready to buy/haggle, and it took forever to get any decent price. Hated when the sales guy kept having to go back and forth to the Sales Manager's office. Waste of time.

But this time I knew where I wanted to be with the price, and I used the "Request Price Quote" feature on the dealers' websites. That way I was able to get multiple offers in a short amount of time, and while they were "asking the Sales Manager", I was able to do other things or talk with other dealers. And while they gave the standard "$xxxx below invoice" talk, as soon as I told them I had another offer for $xxxxx, they quickly came down in price. I had a deal with a guy within 20 minutes at a price significantly lower than anything in San Diego, and an email to me with all the information on a lease worksheet showing the deal right after that. I told him we had a deal, and he reserved the car for me, no money needed for deposit.

21st Century car buying! Gotta love it! :-)
  • czar4czar4 Member Posts: 33

compman said:

Walking into the dealership was the first problem. I used to go into the showroom when I was ready to buy/haggle, and it took forever to get any decent price. Hated when the sales guy kept having to go back and forth to the Sales Manager's office. Waste of time.

But this time I knew where I wanted to be with the price, and I used the "Request Price Quote" feature on the dealers' websites. That way I was able to get multiple offers in a short amount of time, and while they were "asking the Sales Manager", I was able to do other things or talk with other dealers. And while they gave the standard "$xxxx below invoice" talk, as soon as I told them I had another offer for $xxxxx, they quickly came down in price. I had a deal with a guy within 20 minutes at a price significantly lower than anything in San Diego, and an email to me with all the information on a lease worksheet showing the deal right after that. I told him we had a deal, and he reserved the car for me, no money needed for deposit.

21st Century car buying! Gotta love it! :-)

Could not agree more. The Volt is the second car I negotiated completely online. If you know your strike price and terms just be upfront with them and let them know you're serious and will come in a sign paperwork immediately if they meet them. It took me less a week and I had the car I wanted at the price I thought was fair that every other dealer told me was "impossible.". Word to the wise, I had several dealers try to convince me that the dealership I ended up working with wasn't legit - furthest thing from the truth!
    I've gone the online/phone quote request route, and dealers certainly seem more willing to work with me. This is the current best offer I can get and its still about $500 off the mark
    If you can get the offers in writing (lease worksheet), then you can prove to the other dealers that you got a better deal. Then just play ping pong (go back and forth between the multiple dealers) and watch the offers go down in price. You'll get to a point where they'll stop trying to outbid each other because they're not making enough money, and that's when you can make your decision. But it's the last weekend of the month, so they need their numbers to be high enough to earn the bonuses from Chevy.
    edited May 2017
    Get a breakdown of the Fees ($1,360.50) to see what those are actually for. They may try to slip in a bogus dealer fee to pad the profit. Also, the current MF is .000690, (not .00069167). So unless your credit doesn't support the lower MF, they're probably making a little by increasing the MF slightly. You also may want to put a little down to cover the taxes/fees/etc (drive off costs) to help lower your monthly payment.

Remember, if you come from a position of knowing what the numbers are supposed to be, then they'll be a little more receptive to coming down in their numbers, because they'll realize it's pointless to try a higher number. If you're firm in your reasonable offer, they may come down to you.

I had a deal that fell thru at Store A, which was offering 30,950 (for the LT in Blue with no options - MSRP $34,490) because someone bought it just as I was accepting his offer. A few days later (Wednesday), I put in a price quote request from a couple other dealers (Store B and C, all 3 dealers were in Orange County area, and I'm in San Diego). I got a call almost immediately from Store B. He offered a price of over 32k (that was more than I was getting in San Diego). I told him about the price from Store A, and sent him a copy of the worksheet. He checked with his manager and came back with 30,809, and it also had the cargo net and wheel locks (MSRP 34,610). Sweet! I told him to email or text me a copy of the lease worksheet so I could look at the numbers.

While I was waiting for his worksheet, a guy from Store C called with a car with the same config as Store B. I told him I had just agreed to a deal with Store B for 30,809. He said "OK, I'll beat it. How about 30,700?" I told him he had a deal lol. When guy from Store B contacted me again to give me the worksheet, I told him about Store C, but he couldn't beat the price.

So Thursday night I went to Store C and leased the car for 30,700, which was $250 less than the great deal I had in place (but didn't get) with Store A.

I negotiated with all three stores via phone, text or email. I never went into any of them (they were 80-100 miles away) until a deal was reached.

So, long story short, lesson here is to stick to your numbers. As long as it's a reasonable number, you'll get what you want....or maybe even better! :-)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,702
    s0cr4t1c said:

If it's Florida, there is probably a $599 dealer fee hiding in there.

And, the MF is actually .00069167. That's the conversion from the 1.66% APR.

That's not an amazing price. The dealer fee hurts.
    I'm surprised the payment isn't broken down into (payment + tax).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx: I was told .000690 by a number of dealers here. But you're the expert here, so I'll defer to your numbers... :-)
    compman said:

kyfdx: I was told .000690 by a number of dealers here. But you're the expert here, so I'll defer to your numbers... :-)

I've never seen it in print before, but we have to convert from APR, and sure enough, that's the conversion.
    Too exact to be coincidental, I think.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• noah8077noah8077 Member Posts: 16
    Could someone help me with the MF, RV and incentives for a Chevy Volt LT in Gaithersburg, MD (20878) for:
    24/10
    24/12
    24/15
    36/10
    36/12
    36/15

Much appreciated!
    noah8077 said:

Could someone help me with the MF, RV and incentives for a Chevy Volt LT in Gaithersburg, MD (20878) for:
    24/10
    24/12
    24/15
    36/10
    36/12
    36/15

Much appreciated!

36/15: .00069 MF and 48% residual
    Add 2% or 3% for lower mileage
    $4400 lease cash

No incentivized leases for 24 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• noah8077noah8077 Member Posts: 16
    kyfdx said:

36/15: .00069 MF and 48% residual
    Add 2% or 3% for lower mileage
    $4400 lease cash

No incentivized leases for 24 months.

Thank you!
  • mripgurumripguru Member Posts: 63
    I'm trying to validate a dealer offer...Please provide MF and RV for 12K miles at 48 months and 39 months for a Volt LT in 23116 (VA). Is the MF bump .00020 at A2 and .00040 at A3?
    Thanks!
  • vaterpvaterp Member Posts: 29
    Hi gang, How good of a deal is 400$ a month, 2K Down for 36 month with 15K miles a year? This is for a LX trim with Leather and comfort package.
    mripguru said:

I'm trying to validate a dealer offer...Please provide MF and RV for 12K miles at 48 months and 39 months for a Volt LT in 23116 (VA). Is the MF bump .00020 at A2 and .00040 at A3?
    Thanks!

39/12: .00069 MF and 48% residual
    48/12: .00131 MF and 42% residual

Don't have the lower credit tier info.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

vaterp said:

Hi gang, How good of a deal is 400$ a month, 2K Down for 36 month with 15K miles a year? This is for a LX trim with Leather and comfort package.

What's the MSRP and negotiated sale price before incentives? That seems like a sale price above invoice. You can find much better. My most recent find came in at 9% off MRSP. 
  • suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    It seems too high for an LT, even with the packages. Mine is less for a Premier. I'm thinking they aren't giving you enough off MSRP.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • vaterpvaterp Member Posts: 29
    Thanks for the tips guys. I actually don't know the sale price of the car, didn't think to ask... oops, never leased a car before and was just thinking about monthly payment.
  • garg0609garg0609 Member Posts: 1
    Hello, 

Can you please provide me with MF, Residual and any lease cash for a 2017 Volt lt and premier? 36 mo/12k and 15k miles. FL state. 

Thanks
    Any change in incentives for the month of June?

Still $4400 lease cash?
    garg0609 said:

Hello, 

Can you please provide me with MF, Residual and any lease cash for a 2017 Volt lt and premier? 36 mo/12k and 15k miles. FL state. 

Thanks
    LT: .00069 MF and 50%/48% residual. $4400 lease cash
    Prem: .00069 MF and 49%/47% residual. $4025 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

s0cr4t1c said:

Any change in incentives for the month of June?

Still $4400 lease cash?

Same

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Does anyone know about the acquisition fee from GM financial on leases? One dealer said there isn't one, another said there is. I can't find a definative answer. :(
    s0cr4t1c said:

Does anyone know about the acquisition fee from GM financial on leases? One dealer said there isn't one, another said there is. I can't find a definative answer. :(

I believe GM Financial requires a $595 acquisition fee on all leases.

Ask a 3rd dealer, to break the tie. :wink:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

So I found a decent lease deal that I was planning on closing tomorrow morning, but now I've got cold feet. I checked the dealership website yesterday and they're advertising a 'sales event' price that is about $1100 below the price I've been quoted (before incentives). I called the dealership this morning to ask about the conditions of that price and they said its just a dealer discount before incentives (no loyalty/military/teacher/etc). I asked if the price was good for a lease and that's when I got a wishy washy sorta 'no' answer.

To any of you who have experience with leasing, should I believe this? Why would the sale price before incentives be different for a purchase vs a lease? Or should I firmly ask for the advertised sale price?
    s0cr4t1c said:

So I found a decent lease deal that I was planning on closing tomorrow morning, but now I've got cold feet. I checked the dealership website yesterday and they're advertising a 'sales event' price that is about $1100 below the price I've been quoted (before incentives). I called the dealership this morning to ask about the conditions of that price and they said its just a dealer discount before incentives (no loyalty/military/teacher/etc). I asked if the price was good for a lease and that's when I got a wishy washy sorta 'no' answer.

To any of you who have experience with leasing, should I believe this? Why would the sale price before incentives be different for a purchase vs a lease? Or should I firmly ask for the advertised sale price?

Leases can be incentivized by below market money factors or optimistic residuals. Just like a purchase could be incentivized by below market interest rates.

Depending on the level of those incentives, rebates can, and often do, differ between lease and purchase.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Are you talking about factory to dealer incentives?

I'm already factoring in factory to customer incentives. Their advertised sale price is $31,418 ($4,432 off of MSRP). On the phone this morning I asked what I would need to qualify for that price (finance with GM/loyalty/teacher/etc) and they said that price is good for anyone, no catch. The price they've given me on the lease offer however (before the $4,400 rebate), is about $32,500. I'm trying to figure out why they can't offer me the sale price on a lease. Does GM give dealers different incentives for selling vs leasing a car?
    s0cr4t1c said:

Are you talking about factory to dealer incentives?

I'm already factoring in factory to customer incentives. Their advertised sale price is $31,418 ($4,432 off of MSRP). On the phone this morning I asked what I would need to qualify for that price (finance with GM/loyalty/teacher/etc) and they said that price is good for anyone, no catch. The price they've given me on the lease offer however (before the $4,400 rebate), is about $32,500. I'm trying to figure out why they can't offer me the sale price on a lease. Does GM give dealers different incentives for selling vs leasing a car?

Yes, different incentives exist for purchase vs. lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• haizmanhaizman Member Posts: 19
    compman said:

Thanks!

Hey Compman,

Thanks for posting the info from your leasing experience! Can you help me understand what comprises the Cap Reduction of $7489.96 (beyond the $6650 rebate)? Also, in the drive off box, what number is the Tax based on ($599.20)?

I live in San Marcos and was going to try Escondido and Carlsbad dealers - but do you feel they are just not competitive compared with the LA/OC options? Three years ago I found that to be the case and went with Keyes.
  • haizmanhaizman Member Posts: 19
    haizman said:

compman said:

Thanks!

Hey Compman,

Thanks for posting the info from your leasing experience! Can you help me understand what comprises the Cap Reduction of $7489.96 (beyond the $6650 rebate)? Also, in the drive off box, what number is the Tax based on ($599.20)?

I live in San Marcos and was going to try Escondido and Carlsbad dealers - but do you feel they are just not competitive compared with the LA/OC options? Three years ago I found that to be the case and went with Keyes.
    Compman,

Nevermind! I think I figured it out! Cap Reduction total is the $6650 plus the 2000 down payment (minus the misc drive off costs) $839. $6650 + $839 = $7489. Tax amount is just $7489 x 8% ($599.20). I guess I was being lazy earlier! Did they try to sneak anything else on you (ie vin etching, etc) when you closed it?
    haizman said:

haizman said:

compman said:

Thanks!

Hey Compman,

Compman,

Nevermind! I think I figured it out! Cap Reduction total is the $6650 plus the 2000 down payment (minus the misc drive off costs) $839. $6650 + $839 = $7489. Tax amount is just $7489 x 8% ($599.20). I guess I was being lazy earlier! Did they try to sneak anything else on you (ie vin etching, etc) when you closed it?
    Haizman: Definitely look north of you. San Diego dealers wouldn't budge from 32K. So I put in a request from the various dealers north of us and John Latko of Simpson Irvine (one of the Internet Sales guys) called a short time later with a great price. No real haggling at all. He gave us a great price right up front over the phone (I told him we had a firm offer from another dealer in the area for 30,809, and he said "Well then I'll make it 30,700 if I can make the sale!").

Didn't have any pressure to buy anything else, although we did wind up getting the Excess Wear and Tear warranty for an extra $600 when we were in the Financing dept. With all the construction in San Diego, I think the peace of mind knowing that all the little dings from stuff getting kicked up from the road will be covered (up to $5000) is worth it for us since this is our first lease.

Our final contract was just a little different that the one I posted since our trade-in value was $500 and we lowered our cash up front to $1500 (which we'll get back with the $1500 rebate from CA). And CA "rebates" your first payment, so that number changed a little. With the EWT added, we're paying about $240/mo for 36/12K lease.

Just make sure you check all the numbers when they print up the long lease contract! They had our zip code wrong on the contract and DMV papers, plus the selling price changed to 30,929 for some reason so they had to reprint a lot of things. But in the end it was worth it to travel (80+ miles north each way for us) to save $1300 (plus tax, reg, etc). They had a little trouble with the computers or something so we were there from 6pm until about 11:30pm! And remember, there wasn't any haggling over price for either new car or trade-in, so you can imagine how long we would have been there had we had to deal with that too lol.

So contact John Latko at Simpson Chevy in Irvine. He really is a nice guy and has also gone out of his way to provide website links and other resources to get the most out of our new car. (After we had already got the car, so he didn't really have to do that to make a sale lol). Tell him David with the Blue Volt LT from El Cajon referred you.

Good luck!
  • jarkjark Member Posts: 90
    Can I please have numbers for 2017 volt lt. 3/30,3/36, 3/45. 774 credit. Any incentives as well. Los Angeles. Thanks.
    jark said:

Can I please have numbers for 2017 volt lt. 3/30,3/36, 3/45. 774 credit. Any incentives as well. Los Angeles. Thanks.

.00069 MF and 48% residual for 36/15
    Add 3% or 2% for 10K or 12K/yr
    $4400 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• john11756john11756 Member Posts: 19
    hi guys, looking at a volt lt base hatchback. $35000 msrp dealer took $7000 of msp with all re baits and incentives. nys tax rate pushed into payment $273 a month dealer wants $2107 due at signing and $225 for dmv fees. im thinking there is still a little nibbling off the monthly payment.
    what do you guys think. thanks
    john11756 said:

hi guys, looking at a volt lt base hatchback. $35000 msrp dealer took $7000 of msp with all re baits and incentives. nys tax rate pushed into payment $273 a month dealer wants $2107 due at signing and $225 for dmv fees. im thinking there is still a little nibbling off the monthly payment.

36/12

john11756 said:

.00069 MF and 50% residual
    $4400 lease cash.

Assuming the $2107 covers sales tax, acquisition fee and first payment?
    $273 looks pretty cheap.

Ask for the adjusted CAP cost. I'm guessing it's lower than $28000.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

john11756 said:

.00069 MF and 50% residual
    $4400 lease cash.

Assuming the $2107 covers sales tax, acquisition fee and first payment?
    $273 looks pretty cheap.

Ask for the adjusted CAP cost. I'm guessing it's lower than $28000.
    kyfdx. thank you sir, cheep indeed, these guys are hungry lol. will get the rest of the info tomorrow.
  • roadrageeroadragee Member Posts: 138
    edited July 2017
    Hi!

Would you provide current lease numbers for 17' Volt in CA for 36 month / 10k miles per year?

and any rebate - conquest, lease cash, etc if any.

Thanks and Happy July 4th!!
    roadragee said:

Hi!

Would you provide current lease numbers for 17' Volt in CA for 36 month / 10k miles per year?

and any rebate - conquest, lease cash, etc if any.

Thanks and Happy July 4th!!

.00069 MF and 51% residual
    $4400 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    You also get $1500 from the state.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
    @kyfdx @suydam

Thanks!

Any conquest bonus?
    roadragee said:

@kyfdx @suydam

Thanks!

Any conquest bonus?

We don't have that information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

roadragee said:

@kyfdx @suydam

Thanks!

Any conquest bonus?

We don't have that information.
    Got it. Thanks!
  • randyjstarkrandyjstark Member Posts: 99
    Anyone have numbers and incentives for July 2017? Looking at MF and Residuals as well as any applicable rebates for LT and Premier. In addition, I would be looking at short (24) and long term (36) leases. Looking for 12k and 15k numbers, TIA!

Anyone have numbers and incentives for July 2017? Looking at MF and Residuals as well as any applicable rebates for LT and Premier. In addition, I would be looking at short (24) and long term (36) leases. Looking for 12k and 15k numbers, TIA!

36/15.. no 24 month lease offered
    LT: .00069 MF and 48% residual. $4400 lease cash
    Prem: .00069 MF and 47% residual. $4025 lease cash

Add 2% for 12K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator