Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Honda CR-V Deals and Prices

Comments

• stonehedgestonehedge Member Posts: 2

casper08 said:

Hi, Is anyone still looking for honda CR-V in northern california area? I was just thinking that may be, if we r more than 1 we can ask for a better deal. let me know if any one interested and which model are you looking for with rough Out the door price range. I am looking for EX-L AWD with a range around 27k OTD. Lightly used would also do.

I'm still looking for EX-L FWD or EX-L AWD with the range around 27K OTD. I would be happy if I can get that deal. Thanks.

I am also looking for a EX-L AWD (no Nav) in Northern California area. Willing to pay up to 28.5K before tax and gov fees.
  • ericspyderericspyder Member Posts: 33

I am looking for 2017 Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD in Bay Area, Anyone around SF and Bay Area recently bought it. Can you please share your price and dealer details, if possible.

Check Elk Grove Honda in Sacramento for internet price of $27,942 + tax & DMV fees. MSRP: $30,235.00.
    Check Elk Grove Honda in Sac.
  • oldbuffalooldbuffalo Member Posts: 7
    We just got a price from a combo Honda/Toyota/Subaru dealer in east central WI for an EX AWD for $27,300 plus TTL. While I'd like to get it down a little bit more there just isn't a lot of inventory out there, particularly in the EX line in the color combo we want. WI tax is 5.5%

Can I get an opinion from the forum? I could probably expand the search field but I'd really rather stay local if possible.

We're cross shopping with a Rav4. Toyota is now offering $3K rebate plus they'll do Invoice minus rebate minus 50% of holdback for a price of $24,300 +TTL for an XLE AWD.

Honda just doesn't want to seem to budge. That's a $3K difference but after driving both within a very short period of time it just seems like the Honda is worth it. Plus, the wife likes it alot. Better safety package too.

Opinions?
  • casper08casper08 Member Posts: 13

casper08 said:

Hi, Is anyone still looking for honda CR-V in northern california area? I was just thinking that may be, if we r more than 1 we can ask for a better deal. let me know if any one interested and which model are you looking for with rough Out the door price range. I am looking for EX-L AWD with a range around 27k OTD. Lightly used would also do.

I'm still looking for EX-L FWD or EX-L AWD with the range around 27K OTD. I would be happy if I can get that deal. Thanks.

I am also looking for a EX-L AWD (no Nav) in Northern California area. Willing to pay up to 28.5K before tax and gov fees.
    Stonehedge the price range ur looking. there is 1 available at your price range in Anderson Honda Palo Alto, 1 at Honda San francisco and Honda Serramonte Colma.
    edited August 2017

casper08 said:

Exterior color, interior color preference? let me know top 3 choices.. you can email me at [email protected]
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 239,548
    casper08 said:

casper08 said:

Exterior color, interior color preference? let me know top 3 choices.. you can email me at [email protected]
    I'm sorry - we don't allow contact information to be posted in our forums. I've edited your post. Your user ID can be clicked on and a PM can be sent.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

sorry michaell... i wasn't aware of it.
  • stonehedgestonehedge Member Posts: 2
    casper08 said:

casper08 said:

Stonehedge the price range ur looking. there is 1 available at your price range in Anderson Honda Palo Alto, 1 at Honda San francisco and Honda Serramonte Colma.
    It sounds too good to be true. That price includes $940 destination fee, right?

casper08 said:

casper08 said:

It sounds too good to be true. That price includes $940 destination fee, right?
    Destination Fee is additional
  • sk032013sk032013 Member Posts: 31
    casper08 said:

Hello,

I am looking for EX-L AWD for OTD price around 27K in Sacramento.
  • vtwondervtwonder Member Posts: 11
    Just want to put down another datapoint here.

I lived in Vermont and there is no much discount here with Vermont being such a small state. I bought my last 4 vehicles from New York state as there are a lot more competition there.

I ended up purchasing (putting down a deposit) a Touring AWD from Friendly Honda in Poughkeepsie, NY on 7/31 and picked up the vehicle on 8/5.

Here are the details:

CRV Touring AWD
    Sale price including destination -- $31,835.00
    doc fee -- $75.00
    temporary transit plate -- $12.50
    NYS tire recycling fee -- $12.50

Total -- $31,935.00

Will have to register the vehicle in Vermont later on this month.
    So far very happy with the vehicle.
    vtwonder said:

I lived in Vermont and there is no much discount here with Vermont being such a small state. I bought my last 4 vehicles from New York state as there are a lot more competition there.

I ended up purchasing (putting down a deposit) a Touring AWD from Friendly Honda in Poughkeepsie, NY on 7/31 and picked up the vehicle on 8/5.

Here are the details:

CRV Touring AWD
    doc fee -- $75.00

Total -- $31,935.00

Congrats! Thanks for checking in...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• socalguy76socalguy76 Member Posts: 15
    Im interested in purchasing a new CRV but as I understand there are no deals to be found (in SoCal). Obviously this a new model but when do the 2018 models hit the lots? I'm thinking maybe Honda will start offering some incentives in Sep/Oct?
    tybo7905 said:

Can you guys please help me know what are some of the top prices in Southern California for the 2017 Honda CRV LX and the EX?

internet price for LX FWD is $22,993, not sure about EX
  • drivetolivedrivetolive Member Posts: 1
    I have spent a frustrating week trying to buy the EX AWD. UTAH market is known for higher prices compared to other states, I went to 5 dealerships and most experiences were really frustrating. Finally bought the Black with Black interiors @ LHM Honda for 29800 OTD that includes 7% sales tax. The dealer adds a few perks like free lifetime car wash, free rockchip repair.
  • jb137jb137 Member Posts: 15
    vtwonder said:

Here are the details:

CRV Touring AWD
    doc fee -- $75.00

Total -- $31,935.00

Are u sure that it was AWD Touring? I am not seeing this price on their website. Who was your sales person? I am willing to drive there. I am in NY.
    jb137,

I dealt directly with the Internet Sales Manager, aka Business Development Manager, Dana Newton. I emailed her a few days before end of month July and asked for a quote. Her quote came back to be 32,257, not the lowest. Then on July 31, I called her and asked her to beat the best quote which I received from Saratogo Honda and she did. Buying on the last day of the month definitely helps. This is the buying strategy I picked up from @brian125.

After we agreed on the price, then Dana handed over the remaining activities to the floor salesperson Dane Dolan. Dane was the one who mailed me the bill of sales and spent over an hour with me on the CRV going over all the features on the day that I picked up the vehicle. Dane is a very nice person.

Good luck on your purchasing!
  • obrien040362obrien040362 Member Posts: 134
    edited August 2017
    Keep in mind when posting more information the better

Here is an example (from someone not me) of a perfect post for a 2017 CR-V EX-L AWD

MSRP: 30495
    Freight: 940
    Vehicle price: 28473
    Processing fee: 699
    Total purchase price: 29172
    State Sales tax: 1210
    Business tax: 50
    Tags: 68
    Total OTD: 30500

Some other information for this vehicle so that it is in one spot
    Invoice is 28,341, Hold Back is 604, "Dealer Cost" is 28341+940-604=28,677 less any rebates which i believe might be $500 today.

This same vehicle with NAV would be about $1000 more

This same vehicle without AWD would be about $1300 less

The only negative i see in this deal is the processing fee seems high, but is offset with a good selling price.

• posh8688posh8688 Member Posts: 17
    Any luck ?
    i tried 27k with EX out the door on a Awd but no luck !
    btw this is in Chicago and suburbs.

vtwonder said:

jb137,

I dealt directly with the Internet Sales Manager, aka Business Development Manager, Dana Newton. I emailed her a few days before end of month July and asked for a quote. Her quote came back to be 32,257, not the lowest. Then on July 31, I called her and asked her to beat the best quote which I received from Saratogo Honda and she did. Buying on the last day of the month definitely helps. This is the buying strategy I picked up from @brian125.

After we agreed on the price, then Dana handed over the remaining activities to the floor salesperson Dane Dolan. Dane was the one who mailed me the bill of sales and spent over an hour with me on the CRV going over all the features on the day that I picked up the vehicle. Dane is a very nice person.

Good luck on your purchasing!

Great. One last question. What was the color of CRV?
    jb137,

Molten Lava. My first choice of color.
  • spidpooyspidpooy Member Posts: 182

We just got a price from a combo Honda/Toyota/Subaru dealer in east central WI for an EX AWD for $27,300 plus TTL. While I'd like to get it down a little bit more there just isn't a lot of inventory out there, particularly in the EX line in the color combo we want. WI tax is 5.5%

Can I get an opinion from the forum? I could probably expand the search field but I'd really rather stay local if possible.

We're cross shopping with a Rav4. Toyota is now offering $3K rebate plus they'll do Invoice minus rebate minus 50% of holdback for a price of $24,300 +TTL for an XLE AWD.

Honda just doesn't want to seem to budge. That's a $3K difference but after driving both within a very short period of time it just seems like the Honda is worth it. Plus, the wife likes it alot. Better safety package too.

Opinions?

I don't think RAV 4 XLE is similar to CR-V EX-L because XLE does not have leather seats. Therefore, I agree with you that CR-V worth it. The only down side is that CR-V value depreciate faster than RAV-4.
  • spidpooyspidpooy Member Posts: 182
    Where do you guys finance this vehicle ? I have hard time to find a credit union or bank that give me low APR for a long payment period.
  • melindajbzmelindajbz Member Posts: 2
    Northeast Ohio CR-V EXL AWD white diamond pearl/black $31,000 OTD so that works out roughly to $28,625 before tax and title
    vtwonder said:

jb137,

Molten Lava. My first choice of color.

Did you finance from them?

Turns out our $27,300 plus TTL was a bait and switch. Another dealer, whom I've done business with for years came through with $28,900 OTD for an EX. We took the deal. Just deciding on color. I hate being lied to. Plus, there's something to be said for a continuing relationship.

Also wondering why the CRV doesn't have the same depreciation curve as the RAV4. I'm guessing with the new model, which we feel is just so much more advanced than the RAV will hold it's value better. There really is no comparison between the EX and the RAV XLE. (Neither has leather seats, BTW. But the CRV has a very comfortable power drivers seat and heated cloth seats, another advantage.)
  • raylarryraylarry Member Posts: 7
    Thank for all comments here which are super helpful, read many internet articles, bought one 2017 CRV EX:

Vehicle price: 24790
    All fees: 730
    Total purchase price: 25520
    State Sales tax: 1531
    License: 365
    Total OTD: ~27420.
    jb137,

No.
    Thank for all comments here which are super helpful, read many internet articles, bought one 2017 CRV EX:

Vehicle price: 24790
    All fees: 730
    Total purchase price: 25520
    State Sales tax: 1531
    License: 365
    Total OTD: ~27420.

Was this AWD or FWD? Pricing looks like FWD
    FWD.
    AWD need $1300 more.
    Is it AWD?

Turns out our $27,300 plus TTL was a bait and switch. Another dealer, whom I've done business with for years came through with $28,900 OTD for an EX. We took the deal. Just deciding on color. I hate being lied to. Plus, there's something to be said for a continuing relationship.

Also wondering why the CRV doesn't have the same depreciation curve as the RAV4. I'm guessing with the new model, which we feel is just so much more advanced than the RAV will hold it's value better. There really is no comparison between the EX and the RAV XLE. (Neither has leather seats, BTW. But the CRV has a very comfortable power drivers seat and heated cloth seats, another advantage.)

• toldusotolduso Member Posts: 2

Care to share dealer location, sales rep name?

• ranchubaccaranchubacca Member Posts: 1
    In Seattle-Tacoma area, best offer I've seen currently for a CRV EXL AWD is invoice, 29,680, no accessories, before TTL. Is this reasonable or should I try to go below invoice?
  • leasehoustonleasehouston Member Posts: 3
    In Houston TX, in market for 2017 CR-V EXL. The best drive out price I got is $29.9K. Is that a good price? I was hoping it be around $28K. With the labor day sale in a few days, are the dealerships willing to lower the price even further?
  • jason_atx_11jason_atx_11 Member Posts: 2
    In Austin Tx, I am in a market for 2017 CR-V EX FWD. Does anyone know what is a good price? Should I spend more money to get EX L instead of EX? Thanks for any advise.
  • blackhairblackhair Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2017
    I bought my CRV -EX AWD in April for $ 28,521 OTD ( our local tax is %6.5)

In Austin Tx, I am in a market for 2017 CR-V EX FWD. Does anyone know what is a good price? Should I spend more money to get EX L instead of EX? Thanks for any advise.

$27500 should be a good deal.
    $27500 OTD.
  • melindajbzmelindajbz Member Posts: 2
    What constitutes a good OTD deal would depend highly on your areas tax rate and licensing fees
    We decided to go with the RAV4 instead of the CRV. They are really offering some incredible deals at this point. And while we liked the CRV a bit better, it wasn't enough to make up a $3,000+ price difference. We've also had many Toyota's over the years (3 currently in the garage) and have had a great overall experience with them. I expect the RAV4 to be no different. Thanks to everyone for all the great information.

We decided to go with the RAV4 instead of the CRV. They are really offering some incredible deals at this point. And while we liked the CRV a bit better, it wasn't enough to make up a $3,000+ price difference. We've also had many Toyota's over the years (3 currently in the garage) and have had a great overall experience with them. I expect the RAV4 to be no different. Thanks to everyone for all the great information.

What is RAV4 deal you got? Please post it here.
    raylarry said:

What is RAV4 deal you got? Please post it here.
    Actually, I'd suggest it be posted in the RAV4 discussion, here:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/43206/toyota/rav4/2017-toyota-rav4-prices-paid#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• katana312katana312 Member Posts: 8
    What do you guys think about $28,600 otd price for a 2017 honda crv ex awd. NY taxes if that matters. Looking to close on it soon. 

Thanks, 
  • toldusotolduso Member Posts: 2
    Bought it... 2017 CRV EX AWD $26,900.
    6.5% state tax
    $550 fees.
    OTD $29,200
    Minneapolis/St Paul area dealer 
    Internet arrangments meant less than 90 minutes at showroom. Pleasent experience. Would recommend dealer.

tolduso said:

Bought it... 2017 CRV EX AWD $26,900.
    6.5% state tax
    $550 fees.
    OTD $29,200
    Minneapolis/St Paul area dealer 
    Internet arrangments meant less than 90 minutes at showroom. Pleasent experience. Would recommend dealer.

Congrats on the new CR-V!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• katana312katana312 Member Posts: 8
    katana312 said:
    What do you guys think about $28,600 otd price for a 2017 honda crv ex awd. NY taxes if that matters. Looking to close on it soon. 

Thanks, 

Guys, I am looking to purchase the car today. Any comments on the price would be great. About $26,040 selling price, and the total otd of $28,600 with NY taxes, registration and other dealer fees. 

Thanks 
  • e6sthomase6sthomas Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2017
    Albany, NY Area Dealer

Honda CR-V EX-L AWD (without navi) - $28699.00 + $1005 (Heated Steering Wheel and Hands-Free Sensors). Total before OTD was $29,704 ($31,383 MSRP).

2.09% for 63-months and they threw in a 8-year 120,000-mile full-comprehensive warranty (minus wear and tear parts) as well.

OTD - $32,674.40 with NY taxes, registration, and dealer fees.
  • bobiaptxbobiaptx Member Posts: 1
    Just bought Honda CR-V Touring FWD - OTD $32 K (No Trade-In). It might have been possible to get it for $31.5 K if I tried hard enough. DFW area McDavid Honda in Irving TX.
  • wandlwandl Member Posts: 40
    bobiaptx said:

Just bought Honda CR-V Touring FWD - OTD $32 K (No Trade-In). It might have been possible to get it for $31.5 K if I tried hard enough. DFW area McDavid Honda in Irving TX.

Congrats - another poster had scored @ David McDavid in Irving a FWD Touring for $31.5k OTD but good deal on a great car!