Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,390
    @fintail - ready to start shopping when you are!
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    dino001 said:
    I filled the tank of the S450 yesterday at Costco.  I paid $305.9 a gallon for PUG.  
    Wow, that's expensive. $305.9 x 15 gallons gives $4588.5 per tank. I guess yall, So. Florida folks are really wealthy. Hate to see your milk prices... :laughing:
    Dino, if I had to pay $4588.5 per tank, I would get a scooter, like a Vespa.  Check your figure, Dino.  I hope you have a good accountant!  :D

2021 Genesis G90

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372

It's 9:35 AM EST. At 12:00 noon the change over will be effected. Hopefully everything goes smoothly. Since the change to Vanilla Forums 5 years ago, we haven't had the occasional freeze ups and lockouts that occurred in the previous platforms.

Let's all knock on wood for a seamless rollover.
    Remember email at help@edmunds.com if you have trouble.

See? We DO have the best people here ;)

abacomike said:

I filled the tank of the S450 yesterday at Costco.  I paid $305.9 a gallon for PUG.  That price is about 20 cents a gallon cheaper than any gas station within 5 miles of where I live.  I thought gasoline prices were dropping but I guess I was wrong.  

Between higher gas prices, higher food prices, etc.  I suspect inflation is increasing even with the rise in interest rates.  I wonder if we’ll see higher prices on imported new cars and SUV’s.  Much is dependent on the price of steel and aluminum as well as pending tariffs on imported cars.  Time will tell.

You should move three hundred dollars a gallon is way to much. I just filled up for less than 1 percent of that.

That reminds me of a Candid Camera episode from (I looked it up) June 2000. We have an archived bit of the Report Your Local Gas Prices discussion that started in March of 2000. People were reporting like $1.40-$1.50 for RUG back then. The CC episode took place in northern NJ, and they set up a gas station with the sign reading something like:

People FLEW into the station to fill up, then the attendant would come over and say, "That'll be $42.50" and then explain to them that they switched to per quart pricing.

I'm surprised nobody got killed, but it was funny :)
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,232
    Tick … tick … tick …

The countdown continues …. :smile:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,328
    PF_Flyer said:
    abacomike said:
    I filled the tank of the S450 yesterday at Costco.  I paid $305.9 a gallon for PUG.  That price is about 20 cents a gallon cheaper than any gas station within 5 miles of where I live.  I thought gasoline prices were dropping but I guess I was wrong.  

Between higher gas prices, higher food prices, etc.  I suspect inflation is increasing even with the rise in interest rates.  I wonder if we’ll see higher prices on imported new cars and SUV’s.  Much is dependent on the price of steel and aluminum as well as pending tariffs on imported cars.  Time will tell.
    You should move three hundred dollars a gallon is way to much. I just filled up for less than 1 percent of that.
    That reminds me of a Candid Camera episode from (I looked it up) June 2000. We have an archived bit of the Report Your Local Gas Prices discussion that started in March of 2000. People were reporting like $1.40-$1.50 for RUG back then. The CC episode took place in northern NJ, and they set up a gas station with the sign reading something like: People FLEW into the station to fill up, then the attendant would come over and say, "That'll be $42.50" and then explain to them that they switched to per quart pricing. I'm surprised nobody got killed, but it was funny :)
    In the 70s when they were trying to get people to go metric a gas station near my dad's house started to price its gas by the liter. It turned out to be about 15 to 20 cents a gallon more than any other place around.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,165
    edited August 2018
    abacomike said:

Dino, if I had to pay $4588.5 per tank, I would get a scooter, like a Vespa.  Check your figure, Dino.  I hope you have a good accountant!  :D

I did, rechecked and again Three hundred bucks times 15 gallons is four and half grand. Your stated price was not per gallon, but per hundred gallons (as it should be), or you paid 3.059/gal.

BTW, I knew exactly what you meant, just making fun of it by nitpicking. Surprised you didn't catch it. Bad day? :wink:

Gasoline prices WERE dropping until about a month or two ago. Oil is pushing up again, who knows for how long this time.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,660
    stickguy said:

ab348 said:

I still miss Inside Line.

I miss the old system where you had a complete list of different discussion boards that you could view. I used to a least lerk on many boards now I only go to C&C because the others are hard to get to.
    Farmer, what I do, is bookmark anything else want to track. Then when you are logged in, on any thread, just hit “my bookmarks” and see your customized topics list.

Every so often I scroll through the full list of topics under news, etc. and if any are interesting I hit the bookmark symbol. And if I lose interest, I uncheck it.
    Yeah, I don't know what a bookmark is or how to do it so that's a no go.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited August 2018

I'm confident that this changeover will be as smooth and seamless as all of the previous upgrades at Edmunds.

Hey, we're still standing! Counts for something.
    abacomike said:

Inflation is killing wages for most Americans. There's more in their paychecks but it costs more to buy everything. So wages right now are on a negative curve.

And whenever fuel prices go up, it sucks huge amounts of money out of the economy.
    dino001 said:
    I did, rechecked and again Three hundred bucks times 15 gallons is four and half grand. Your stated price was not per gallon, but per hundred gallons (as it should be), or you paid 3.059/gal. BTW, I knew exactly what you meant, just making fun of it by nitpicking. Surprised you didn't catch it. Bad day? :wink: Gasoline prices WERE dropping until about a month or two ago. Oil is pushing up again, who knows for how long this time.
    Yep, Dino, just another day in paradise with old age ailments setting in.

Can’t wait to hear what my son has to say about the S450.  He’ll probably say something like, “...if you can afford an S450, a check for a couple thousand dollars for your one an only “poor” son would be nice. Dad!”  I would probably respond, “...would love to son, but I can’t afford it right now with these car payments on my back!”  

I’ll give him the money anyway - he definitely needs the financial help - he works from 5:00 AM to 4:30 PM every day and has private clients some evenings and weekends.  Thank God for the scholarship for my older grandson for college.

2021 Genesis G90

Well, just about that time for the big switch to insider.  Let’s pray that it is flawless. :p

2021 Genesis G90

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,537

stickguy said:

ab348 said:

I miss the old system where you had a complete list of different discussion boards that you could view. I used to a least lerk on many boards now I only go to C&C because the others are hard to get to.
    Farmer, what I do, is bookmark anything else want to track. Then when you are logged in, on any thread, just hit “my bookmarks” and see your customized topics list.

Every so often I scroll through the full list of topics under news, etc. and if any are interesting I hit the bookmark symbol. And if I lose interest, I uncheck it.
    Maybe a mod can do screen shots. But, it’s easy.

At the top of this page, next to the name of the thread, is a star. Either white or yellow. Tap it to make yellow. This means it is bookmarked.

On the far right side of page, at the top also, is the box with your user name, avatar, etc. in there, one link is to “my bookmarks”. Click that, and you get a list of every thread you bookmarked (yellow star). Any thread you are in, or on home page, can always hit he my bookmark link and find your list. Just have to hit the star in every thread you want to have quick access to.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,165
    How do I know if I'm an insider or not?

2018 430i Gran Coupe

dino001 said:
    How do I know if I'm an insider or not?d
    look up, if you see the sky you're outside.

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Dino, if you try to re-register, the system will tell you you're already registered. If you've forgotten your Insider password, you can reset it.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

so...is the change complete? I haven't been forced to logout since I had it set to remember me.
    Yes, firefighter. It's complete. We left you behind on purpose, so you're only talking to yourself. Sorry 'bout that.

J/K - we're still waiting.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Well, no one listens to me at home anyway!
    stickguy said:

stickguy said:

ab348 said:

At the top of this page, next to the name of the thread, is a star. Either white or yellow. Tap it to make yellow. This means it is bookmarked.

On the far right side of page, at the top also, is the box with your user name, avatar, etc. in there, one link is to “my bookmarks”. Click that, and you get a list of every thread you bookmarked (yellow star). Any thread you are in, or on home page, can always hit he my bookmark link and find your list. Just have to hit the star in every thread you want to have quick access to.
    Screenshot of the Bookmark star and the My Bookmarks link

Vanilla just said there's a slight delay. Still in progress.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

It's like waiting for the ball to drop on New Year's :)
    It's like waiting for the dryer cycle to finish when you really want to go out of the house, but have no public-worthy clothing clean.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Wow. This is more fun than a meteor heading towards earth! :p
    WAY more fun than the Y2K fizzle

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

Kirstie_H said:

Vanilla just said there's a slight delay. Still in progress.

Gee, now who could have seen that coming? :D Not yet ready for prime time, I guess. Brings back memories of the Affordable Health Care Web Site fiasco - love that beta testing, to be sure. B)B)

2021 Genesis G90

abacomike said:

Gee, now who could have seen that coming? :D Not yet ready for prime time, I guess. Brings back memories of the Affordable Health Care Web Site fiasco - love that beta testing, to be sure. B)B)

Nope, just a delay in rolling it out. No one's talking about an actual problem with it. Just slower implementation than planned.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,090
    Somebody needs to re-light the fuse.

https://youtu.be/r653bbiEWFo?t=2m49s

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

OK, guys. It's launched. You have to log out to see it, and back in again. WARNING: We're having some issues with the login pop-up, which we're reporting. If, after you log in, the window just spins and spins, use an incognito window or in-private window to log in.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

Kirstie_H said:
    Nope, just a delay in rolling it out. No one's talking about an actual problem with it. Just slower implementation than planned.
    The anticipation is overwhelming - love experiencing new things.  Thanks Kirstie.  ;)

2021 Genesis G90

Don't log out if you aren't forced to, until this issue is fixed.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,355

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

OK, it happened. if you've been sitting here, like I was, waiting for the moment, it wasn't that dramatic. It kept us logged in and working. If you sign out (click that little gear next to your username on the right side of the page)

then when you come back to the forums, you'll need to login again

If you had already created an Insider account, login with your email and PW by clicking the Sign in link at the bottom of the popup window

If you hadn't created an Insider account yet, use your email that you currently use to access the forums and create a new Insider login by using that box and the Sign Up With Email button in the popup

Now all I need to do is login as an Insider on all the other devices I use :)
    If I wanted to actually work during the day, I wouldn’t be hanging around here!

Yup, you're all good to go. Take the plunge whenever the mood strikes you.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

Worked fine for me. Still here. The most seamless transition to SSO I've ever experienced...
    Done on iPad. Worked like a charm.

• jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989

Well, no one listens to me at home anyway!

Same as in here. :'(

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

stickguy said:

If I wanted to actually work during the day, I wouldn’t be hanging around here!

Hanging around here IS my work for the day :)
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,660
    PF_Flyer said:

stickguy said:

stickguy said:

ab348 said:

Thank you and stickguy too.

Hey, if this posts that means I'm an Insider now! All doors will be open to me and women will find me attractive, right?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

stickguy said:

Done on iPad. Worked like a charm.

I still have to do my phone, but yea... this worked right out of the box
    PF_Flyer said:
    OK, it happened. if you've been sitting here, like I was, waiting for the moment, it wasn't that dramatic. It kept us logged in and working. If you sign out (click that little gear next to your username on the right side of the page) then when you come back to the forums, you'll need to login again If you had already created an Insider account, login with your email and PW by clicking the Sign in link at the bottom of the popup window If you hadn't created an Insider account yet, use your email that you currently use to access the forums and create a new Insider login by using that box and the Sign Up With Email button in the popup
    Ok I'll give it a try by logging out and back in. Thanks for your help with the email.

I THOUGHT I might be having an issue on the iPad because the spinny thing was spinning after clicking to login, but it was just waiting on the iPad to ask about updating the stored PW for the site. Nice touch it asking if I wanted the PW remembered for just the forums or for all Edmunds sites

PF_Flyer said:

stickguy said:

stickguy said:

ab348 said:

Thank you and stickguy too.

Hey, if this posts that means I'm an Insider now! All doors will be open to me and women will find me attractive, right?
    So the forums is why I've had to beat them off with a stick all this time??? LOL
    Kewl... when you're logged in (for the whole site now, just like we said...heh) you'll now notice a MY INSIDER link at the top of the page

Not only will that take you to your Insider Dashboard (more stuff to learn about...LOL) but it does so in a new tab, so you don't lose track of where you were here in the forums.

edited August 2018
    Kewl beans. Even worked on MY phone. (Yes, I am trying to blow things up with a picture of the picture by the picture...heh) My phone, iPad, and laptop all involved in creation and editing of this post!

• snakeweaslesnakeweasle Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2018
    Test post, something does feel right.

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,557
    Well, everything was fine, even made a post to @28firefighter, then I logged out and the shi* hit the fan. Couldn't get back in because it said my password was being used by someone else so I had to change it. I'm now a newbie (@jmonroe1) and I ain't got no stinking badges. :'(

Seamless, yeah, right. :@ :@

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • snakeweaslesnakeweasle Member Posts: 3
    jmonroe1 said:
    Well, everything was fine, even made a post to @28firefighter, then I logged out and the shi* hit the fan. Couldn't get back in because it said my password was being used by someone else so I had to change it. I'm now a newbie (@jmonroe1) and I ain't got no stinking badges. :'( Seamless, yeah, right. :@ :@ jmonroe
    It told me there was no account associated with my password. Yep SNAFU.