Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    Must be getting bad down your way. I see they are starting to divert some MIA and FLL arrivals to other FL airports. Good thing your family flew in yesterday.
  • abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,255
    berri said:
    Must be getting bad down your way. I see they are starting to divert some MIA and FLL arrivals to other FL airports. Good thing your family flew in yesterday.
    Yes, these cells are huge with tops hitting 45,000 feet.  Temps dropped 25 degrees in 5 minutes.  But all my neighbors were hysterical watching my son and grandson down in the front of my building taking photos and videos of the storms as they approached from the northwest.  

It rarely rains in the Coachella Valley because of the 10,000 foot peaks surrounding the desert cities.  But just 200 miles east of the Coachella Valley they get monsoons in Phoenix and other cities.

2021 Genesis G90

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,132
    You're saying they react Sort of like southerners who see their first snow accumulate on everything like up here in the North...

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

Snow doesn't stop southerners from driving. They use the two pedal system - punch the accelerator, slam the brakes. Just kidding B)
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,756

You're saying they react Sort of like southerners who see their first snow accumulate on everything like up here in the North...

For me, it isn't the snow as much as the drivers that cause amazement when I see snow in the "south." I remember a run through Buffalo, NY, during a record (for the time) snowstorm in 2001. I was horrified at the ineptitude displayed by the "local" NY populace. I thought these people saw snow on a regular basis! /cries
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,559
    xwesx said:

For me, it isn't the snow as much as the drivers that cause amazement when I see snow in the "south." I remember a run through Buffalo, NY, during a record (for the time) snowstorm in 2001. I was horrified at the ineptitude displayed by the "local" NY populace. I thought these people saw snow on a regular basis! /cries
    But they have AWD so snow and ice can be ignored...until they hit something.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312

Well, I guess jmonroe got left behind on the 3rd planet. :s

So jmonroe got done in by a giant space cannoli.

You do know that a ST: TNG novel explained that the Doomsday Machine was a prototype developed by an alien civilization to fight the Borg?

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    abacomike said:

We are under a severe thunderstorm warning at this moment.  Where do you think my son and grandson are?  Both of them went downstairs with their phones and are taking photos of the dark thunderclouds and lightning and it is pouring out.  One might ask, “...are you guys nuts?”  Nope, that’s how “DESERT PEOPLE” react to rain, lightning and thunder.  My grandson is so excited.  They just walked in and they are soaking wet and laughing like hyenas.  Best of all, it didn’t cost me a dime!  :p:DB)

Hey, I actually got a rainstorm this afternoon, dropped about 3/4 of an inch, and I was very happy to see it. We can get very dry and dusty here in July and August. Add in the Sahara dust, and yes, I was outside playing in the rain myself.

2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    edited August 2018
    Kirstie, it's interesting ta know that my problem logging on to the New World Order Edmunds.com with my desktop is a mystery. It's still sending me in circles trying to log on. :'(  

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,024
    One thing I am noticing this AM that I had not noticed before is that loading of forum discussions is very slow because it is hanging up waiting for other sites, the slowest and most noticeable of which seems to be Google Maps. Why do the forums need to load anything regarding (presumably) my geographic location from Maps? I can speculate but instead I simply offer it as something that needs to be looked into.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,250
    We've had a lot of rain this summer. Many times I don't even have to mow my lawn in August.
    This year, I'm mowing multiple times per week, some of that due to trying get some of it done before the next rainfall.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    I want to preface my comment with the fact that I have not been to a movie theater to watch a movie in over 6 years - I have Netflix, HBO, SHO, STARZ, EPIX, to name a few, on my cable at home. So watching movies or ordering movies currently playing is what I do in order to watch in the comfort of my home.

Now for my comment:

My grandson wants to go to the movies this afternoon to see "Ant Man and The Wasp" (a movie I have been wanting to see for as long as I can remember - UGH!). So, being computer literate, as I am, I go online and found a brand new theater just 5 minutes from the house. I look up the movie and start to select my seats. I follow all the instructions and the total amount came to $38.96. Did I understand and read that right? $38.96? You've got to be kidding. So I look at the individual pricing and for adults (13 years old and above) the price per ticket is $11.50 and for seniors (like me) the price is $9.98. When you add taxes and "convenience fee", you are at $38.96. I almost excreted a "brick"! Just under $40.00 for 3 people to watch a movie.

Then, of course, they will want popcorn, soda, pretzel, hot dogs - whatever, and I am probably closer to $100.00. My cable bill is only $89.00 (the HOA pays $36.00) a month which includes "Blast" internet, expanded cable, STARZ, NETFLIX, HBO, SHO, EPIX, all on their X-1 system with HD. See where I'm going.

You guys who have kids or like to go to the movies with your SO or spouse must cringe every time you go to the movie theater. That's big bucks for a 2 hour movie in a theater with kids screaming, yelling, running up and down the aisle...., etc.

So, rather than get reserved seats right now, I figured I would buy the tickets at the theater and save a few bucks, but before we leave, we will check seating to make sure we can get some halfway decent seats. If we can't, I'll have to reserve the seats.

This trip to fly my son and grandson in from CA for a 3 night stay has already cost me $2500 if you include my son's overdue phone bill balance, new phone fees, dinner Friday, dinner last night, shoes and clothes for both as my gift, movies, etc.. This does not include my electric bill which will be outrageous since they like it cool in the house and leave all the TV's on, lights on, and very long hot showers.

But I'm not through - there is still dinner out tonight at the Steak House, breakfast out tomorrow morning, lunch out tomorrow afternoon, and then they leave for home at about 5:00 PM.

But then I remember it's only money and I don't get to see my son or grandson very often. UGH! :p;):DB)

2021 Genesis G90

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,964
    At least it gets an 88% on Rotten Tomatoes, and your family is going to love it. And, sometimes going to a movie is special, compared to Netflix.
    Now $17 popcorn and $5 Coke.....that I can't do.
    My guess is, the movie will cost less than dinner, and they will like it a lot more.
    I would of done Chick-a-fil for dinner........you shouldn't have to be Disney Dad.
    However, if you really have to do it, you don't see them too often, so amortize the cost over 2 or 3 years.
    Enjoy!

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    @abacomike - you're a good man Charlie Brown!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• tbirdmarcotbirdmarco Member Posts: 3,838
     Wow Mike that’s a bit of money but like you said you don’t get to see your grandson and son often at all so enjoy it. 
  • tbirdmarcotbirdmarco Member Posts: 3,838
     Everyone be safe out there with these thunderstorms and stuff. Every day this week we had a downpour for a little while every time I want to go outside it rains but he it is what it is. 
  • suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    We never get food at the theater and don’t buy tix online. Eat before or after. They don’t need fancy dinners all the time either. But it does add up if you eat every meal out. We have all 3 adult kids plus fiancé visiting. I have been offering a breakfast buffet of bagels, fruit, cheese, and such at the house for everyone. We usually go out for one meal and I find it’s more relaxing if we go to an informal restaurant with great vibes where everyone can have fun. It is more expensive because I don’t frequent chain restaurants. My expenses total nowhere near $2500 but it ain’t cheap either. You did decide to gift those other items, so your call. You can also set boundaries. Everyone here know there’s a water shortage, so no long showers. If you leave a room, turn off the lights. We don’t have AC, so close doors when you go out. We are having a great time. Heading to Wine Country a la the movie Sideways today!
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
    edited August 2018
    berri said:
    I re-read your post and started laughing.  PBI, MIA, and FLL are the only airports for over 100 miles in South Florida that can handle commercial jets the size of a 737 or A320.  They would have to divert to Ft. Myers or Orlando or Tampa or St. Pete/Sarasota or Daytona.  None of those airports are convenient to South Florida except for Southwest near Ft. Myers.

I understand they diverted 75+ flights from PBI, MIA, and FLL.  Not a fun afternoon/early evening yesterday.  More of the same forecasted for today.

2021 Genesis G90

nyccarguy said:

@abacomike - you're a good man Charlie Brown!

Ditto.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

@abacomike - we rarely go to a theater unless it's a blockbuster on an IMAX screen or similar. Very few theaters have decent audio- despite what they claim.
    My son and I usually wait for the BD to come out and watch it at home- no rude people, bratty kids, cell phones etc.

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    abacomike said:
    I want to preface my comment with the fact that I have not been to a movie theater to watch a movie in over 6 years - I have Netflix, HBO, SHO, STARZ, EPIX, to name a few, on my cable at home. So watching movies or ordering movies currently playing is what I do in order to watch in the comfort of my home. Now for my comment: My grandson wants to go to the movies this afternoon to see "Ant Man and The Wasp" (a movie I have been wanting to see for as long as I can remember - UGH!). So, being computer literate, as I am, I go online and found a brand new theater just 5 minutes from the house. I look up the movie and start to select my seats. I follow all the instructions and the total amount came to $38.96. Did I understand and read that right? $38.96? You've got to be kidding. So I look at the individual pricing and for adults (13 years old and above) the price per ticket is $11.50 and for seniors (like me) the price is $9.98. When you add taxes and "convenience fee", you are at $38.96. I almost excreted a "brick"! Just under $40.00 for 3 people to watch a movie. Then, of course, they will want popcorn, soda, pretzel, hot dogs - whatever, and I am probably closer to $100.00. My cable bill is only $89.00 (the HOA pays $36.00) a month which includes "Blast" internet, expanded cable, STARZ, NETFLIX, HBO, SHO, EPIX, all on their X-1 system with HD. See where I'm going. You guys who have kids or like to go to the movies with your SO or spouse must cringe every time you go to the movie theater. That's big bucks for a 2 hour movie in a theater with kids screaming, yelling, running up and down the aisle...., etc. So, rather than get reserved seats right now, I figured I would buy the tickets at the theater and save a few bucks, but before we leave, we will check seating to make sure we can get some halfway decent seats. If we can't, I'll have to reserve the seats. This trip to fly my son and grandson in from CA for a 3 night stay has already cost me $2500 if you include my son's overdue phone bill balance, new phone fees, dinner Friday, dinner last night, shoes and clothes for both as my gift, movies, etc.. This does not include my electric bill which will be outrageous since they like it cool in the house and leave all the TV's on, lights on, and very long hot showers. But I'm not through - there is still dinner out tonight at the Steak House, breakfast out tomorrow morning, lunch out tomorrow afternoon, and then they leave for home at about 5:00 PM. But then I remember it's only money and I don't get to see my son or grandson very often. UGH! :p;):DB)

I am an AMC Stubs member and take advantage of what it offers. I tend to earn a good bit of reward money, for one thing. It also allows free upgrades at the concession stand. We ONLY buy popcorn and I have water bottles in my jacket pockets (they crank the AC, so a jacket is necessary in all seasons), and that means I get a large bucket for the price of a medium. The bucket comes with free refills. We always go to the first show of the day, which is significantly cheaper: $6.50 a seat. They are also currently running a special where every show on Tuesdays is just $5. My wife almost never goes, so, for example, last Tuesday was $25 total for 3 tickets and a bucket of popcorn ($9).

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989

Kirstie, it's interesting ta know that my problem logging on to the New World Order Edmunds.com with my desktop is a mystery. It's still sending me in circles trying to log on. :'(  

@iluv, I have a suggestion for you. Get into you favorite meditation position and say slowly 3 times:
    S E A M L E S S .

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

jmonroe said:
    @iluv, I have a suggestion for you. Get into you favorite meditation position and say slowly 3 times: S E A M L E S S . jmonroe
    Love seeing you, jmonroe.  Off to the movies - thunderstorms starting to form.

2021 Genesis G90

abacomike said:

jmonroe said:

@iluv, I have a suggestion for you. Get into you favorite meditation position and say slowly 3 times:
    S E A M L E S S .

jmonroe

Love seeing you, jmonroe.  Off to the movies - thunderstorms starting to form.

jmonroe1 may get jealous....you didn't mention you missed seeing him.

I haven't been to a movie in 20 years. Absolutely no desire to see them.

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,092
    I haven't been into going to the movies since the early-mid 90s. Now and then there's something good I will catch on TV, but most of it just doesn't impress me much. Either it got old fast, or I did ;)

That being said, there's a lot of 80s material I like, and a bit of 70s stuff too.
    We just got home from the movies.  It would appear that Michael Douglas will take any part in a movie to maintain his relevance in Hollywood.  I slept through most of “Ant Man and The Wasp”.  It thundered so loud at times you could’t hear the dialogue. 

At least Troy liked the movie and his refreshments.

Sky is starting to get dark and the storms are starting again.

2021 Genesis G90

Ft. Myers got more than a few diversions, pretty short hop to complete though. The problem with that stuff in the evening is two-fold; if it is a latter hop that day, the pilots can run out of FAA allowable flight hours in the cockpit, or the same can happen on nonstops from the west coast. Miami or FLL is about the same flight time from the west coast as is Hawaii. Glad you're having fun. Maybe your accountant can figure a way to write off some of that expense B)
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,290
    abacomike said:
    I want to preface my comment with the fact that I have not been to a movie theater to watch a movie in over 6 years - I have Netflix, HBO, SHO, STARZ, EPIX, to name a few, on my cable at home. So watching movies or ordering movies currently playing is what I do in order to watch in the comfort of my home. Now for my comment: My grandson wants to go to the movies this afternoon to see "Ant Man and The Wasp" (a movie I have been wanting to see for as long as I can remember - UGH!). So, being computer literate, as I am, I go online and found a brand new theater just 5 minutes from the house. I look up the movie and start to select my seats. I follow all the instructions and the total amount came to $38.96. Did I understand and read that right? $38.96? You've got to be kidding. So I look at the individual pricing and for adults (13 years old and above) the price per ticket is $11.50 and for seniors (like me) the price is $9.98. When you add taxes and "convenience fee", you are at $38.96. I almost excreted a "brick"! Just under $40.00 for 3 people to watch a movie. Then, of course, they will want popcorn, soda, pretzel, hot dogs - whatever, and I am probably closer to $100.00. My cable bill is only $89.00 (the HOA pays $36.00) a month which includes "Blast" internet, expanded cable, STARZ, NETFLIX, HBO, SHO, EPIX, all on their X-1 system with HD. See where I'm going. You guys who have kids or like to go to the movies with your SO or spouse must cringe every time you go to the movie theater. That's big bucks for a 2 hour movie in a theater with kids screaming, yelling, running up and down the aisle...., etc. So, rather than get reserved seats right now, I figured I would buy the tickets at the theater and save a few bucks, but before we leave, we will check seating to make sure we can get some halfway decent seats. If we can't, I'll have to reserve the seats. This trip to fly my son and grandson in from CA for a 3 night stay has already cost me $2500 if you include my son's overdue phone bill balance, new phone fees, dinner Friday, dinner last night, shoes and clothes for both as my gift, movies, etc.. This does not include my electric bill which will be outrageous since they like it cool in the house and leave all the TV's on, lights on, and very long hot showers. But I'm not through - there is still dinner out tonight at the Steak House, breakfast out tomorrow morning, lunch out tomorrow afternoon, and then they leave for home at about 5:00 PM. But then I remember it's only money and I don't get to see my son or grandson very often. UGH! :p;):DB)
    We don't go out to the movies much anymore, we usually catch movies on one of the streaming services we use. When we do got see a movie it's usually at a drive in that typically shows a double feature and has a ten dollar a person asmission price. They also allow you to bring in your own food.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    jmonroe - mine's a mystery, yep. Oh well...I always like a great mystery!

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

xwesx said:

But they have AWD so snow and ice can be ignored...until they hit something.
    For some folks, it's hard to understand that only four little patches of rubber are holding your car on the road. Even if you're driving an Army 6X6, everything depends on that patch of tire.

AWD helps you accelerate where 2WD cannot. That's all it does.
  • sdasda Member Posts: 6,934
    edited August 2018
    My neighbors work for the same company and get company cars.  '16 and '17 Jetta SEL.  The company utilized  TDIs until they were bought back.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

My dad passed in August 1991; he wasn't a real car guy, but he did own a few Mustangs, a Torino GT(with the shaker hood), and a Mark VII LSC. He also had a 1973 V8 Bronco which I inherited- a truly miserable vehicle- I think the people that have fond memories of them today must have been doing some serious mind-altering drugs at the time they drove or owned them.

edited August 2018
    Michaell said:

45 years ago today, my folks bought the car that I would learn to drive in. On August 12, 1973 we went to Lunsford Toyota on Oxnard Blvd and picked out a brown Toyota Corona as our new car for my mom. I think they paid $2900 for it. That car lasted 8 years, and I have quite a few memories of it. I remember my mom being able to fill the gas tank with $5. I remember adding a cassette deck to it so I could play the latest songs in it. I remember taking my driving test in it. I also remember the day when I was involved in an accident on my way to high school that ultimately totaled it.

August 12, 1973 also happened to be my dad's 38th birthday. He would have been 83 today. I've been thinking about, and missing him, quite a lot these past few days.

Happy birthday, dad!

Those Toyotas looked pretty nice for their time. Your dad must have been adventurous to buy a very early Toyota. I think most people were pretty skeptical of Toyotas in the early days. I remember one rumor that if you scratched the paint off of a Toyota you would find they were made of tomato juice cans. Not nice, but, that is what they "jokingly" said.

My dad loved cars...he could even fix them....unlike me. He also loved gadgets like crystal radios, transistor radios, early TVs but especially cars. He would have loved to drive a modern car with all the new toys.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,056
    driver100 said:

Michaell said:

45 years ago today, my folks bought the car that I would learn to drive in. On August 12, 1973 we went to Lunsford Toyota on Oxnard Blvd and picked out a brown Toyota Corona as our new car for my mom. I think they paid $2900 for it. That car lasted 8 years, and I have quite a few memories of it. I remember my mom being able to fill the gas tank with $5. I remember adding a cassette deck to it so I could play the latest songs in it. I remember taking my driving test in it. I also remember the day when I was involved in an accident on my way to high school that ultimately totaled it.

August 12, 1973 also happened to be my dad's 38th birthday. He would have been 83 today. I've been thinking about, and missing him, quite a lot these past few days.

Happy birthday, dad!

Those Toyotas looked pretty nice for their time. Your dad must have been adventurous to buy a very early Toyota. I think most people were pretty skeptical of Toyotas in the early days. I remember one rumor that if you scratched the paint off of a Toyota you would find they were made of tomato juice cans. Not nice, but, that is what they "jokingly" said.

My dad loved cars...he could even fix them....unlike me. He also loved gadgets like crystal radios, transistor radios, early TVs but especially cars. He would have loved to drive a modern car with all the new toys.
    Before the Toyota, they owned VWs - an early 60's Beetle and a '68 Squareback. The Squareback had an engine failure which put them in the market.

I remember going with my dad to the Mazda lot and looking at both the RX-2 and RX-3, so he was pretty adventerous when it came to my mom's cars. Even though my dad drove a '70 Chevy pickup, I don't think he ever considered a domestic brand for my mom.

The Toyota was replaced with a '72 MB 220 diesel, which my mom hated every day they owned it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

These last few posts brought back a funny memory for me. Back around 1969 or so I got a subscription to Road Test magazine. It claimed to be different from R&T, C&D and Motor Trend in that it did not take advertising from car manufacturers. It was a fairly bare-bones publication but I liked their different point of view.

One of the things that they did early on was test a lot of those new Japanese cars that were just making an impact. They seemed to generally love them and gave most of them favorable reviews. One I recall clearly was the Mazda 808, the piston-engine version of the RX-3, which they raved about. We had a newly-minted Mazda dealer in town - the typical style back then of being in a converted service station - and when the parents were in car-buying mode around 1971 I talked them into going to look at one there because it came in a station wagon version, which Dad thought would be useful in his real estate business.

Aside from the small size, what struck both them and me the most was how cheap everything seemed, from the thickness of the metal and the sound the doors made when closing, to the plasticky seat and door panel upholstery, pretty much everything. They didn't even bother taking one for a drive after sitting in and looking at them in the small showroom, and I couldn't really disagree. It made me wonder a bit about Road Test magazine.

Later on I saw a letter to the editor complaining about their bias towards Japanese cars they reviewed. The author said that he had sent them a cheque for a subscription and when the cancelled cheque came back from the bank it had a cancellation stamp from the Bank of Tokyo. It made me wonder just how independent they actually were.

Will be driving my son and grandson to the airport in a few hours. Boy, did the time fly - 3 nights and off they go.

We had dinner last night at NYY Steak House (same restaurant as the one at Yankee Stadium) and then went over to GameStop. Troy (grandson) just had to have a few games for his player at home so I melted and bought him a few. Those things are darn expensive - $60.00 each. Ouch.

So, we are going to have some lunch here at my condo and soon I will be all alone once again. Quiet is nice after the last three days - but will miss them both dearly. :'(

2021 Genesis G90

edited August 2018
    Toyota's were pretty mainstream by 73. That was the gas crisis era.
    The gov tariffs imposed on Japanese cars led to them putting plants in the US, which led to them expanding their product lines into most everything Detroit did. I wonder if the D3 regret that decision in retrospect?
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    The rains from the Everglades just passed by us during the last 1/2 hour. Yesterday, we were stuck in Publix buying groceries and the skies opened up like a hurricane. Found out that the "bag folks" aren't allowed to take the groceries to ones vehicle when it's thundering with lightning, it's a safety hazard for them, which I get. Ended up pulling the Golf over to the front door area which has a small covered area while the oldest threw the bags into the back seat. The storm followed us home but luckily the garage was empty so we pulled right in.
    With our crazy rainy season since the end of May, haven't had to turn on my sprinklers yet. Was going to last Wednesday as it got a bit dry, but it's been raining everyday since so they remain off. Better to let Mother Nature do her thing!!

The Sandman :)B)

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    Michaell said:

Happy birthday, dad!

I learned to drive on a Toyota Corona! My mom bought hers in 1969. Had to go all the way to LA to get it. It was a great car that was basically handed down from one family member to the next.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,498
    I sent Kirstie an e-mail at the address she left a few days ago. I can still get on here with my ancient laptop that used my old e-mail address from work and skips the sign-in screen, given how I saved the page I want to return to. Anyway, it seems that the perfect storm of a new laptop, different e-mail address and this new logon thing looks like it'll be a challenge to sort out. I should probably seek out the board that discusses it. At least I can communicate here. I'm totally locked out on my new laptop.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
    I sent Kirstie an e-mail at the address she left a few days ago. I can still get on here with my ancient laptop that used my old e-mail address from work and skips the sign-in screen, given how I saved the page I want to return to. Anyway, it seems that the perfect storm of a new laptop, different e-mail address and this new logon thing looks like it'll be a challenge to sort out. I should probably seek out the board that discusses it. At least I can communicate here. I'm totally locked out on my new laptop.
    Can you go into your profile and change your email address from your old corporate email address to your current gmail?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

@cdnpinhead,
    For the new 'Insider' login, I used my old Edmunds email address with a new password.
    Still have to go to 'site map' and switch to categorized view(kind of upper right on screen).
    Then look for forums.
    Other than the new sign in, it's the same way I always get here after being forced to log in.
    Hope it helps.
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,433
    CD, might be easier to just sign up with an active email address, and become CDPINHEAD2 or some such. Unless you care about your post count, or badges earned. If not, you will be up and running, and everyone will still know who you are.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

stickguy said:
    CD, might be easier to just sign up with an active email address, and become CDPINHEAD2 or some such. Unless you care about your post count, or badges earned. If not, you will be up and running, and everyone will still know who you are.
    Or he could become azpinhead

Writing this on my iPad because I am suddenly locked out of here on my PC where I registered and had no problem posting until just now. It auto-fills my correct email and new password but returns "email authentication fails" when I try to log in. What the H*** is going on?

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,498
    edited August 2018
    I'm afraid that if I mess with the account that works I'll be completely shut out. Time will tell. Finding the boards that I follow in the brave new world could be difficult, as opposed to just going to "My Bookmarks." Nothing compared to Mike in FL or any number of others, but the last month has contained more change than I care for -- just little stuff, but lots of it.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester