Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Pontiac Torrent Stabilitrak and Traction Control Lights

13»

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    You can subscribe to a service such as Mitchell 1 DIY and get the full TSB. The dealer has it of course if you know someone there who might share that info with you.

The Mitchell subscription is $19.95 for a month or $29,95 for the year. Might be worth it.

https://www.eautorepair.net/app/YearsMakes.asp

• Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Never underestimate the power of Google or my willingness to yield to something that got stuck in my brain :)

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    But that's just the description of contents. I think he already has that. He wants the contents.
  • Options
    ImalabilImalabil Member Posts: 2
    Yes, looking for a diagram and I can go from there. Appreciate the responses!
  • Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154

But that's just the description of contents. I think he already has that. He wants the contents.

I tried looking up the TSB on a site that will show the full item. I cannot find that particular TSB even in a full list for the 2009 Torrent.

Best advice for the poster is to inspect the harness wherever it' near the transmission mounts and the brackets.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    Laurie_Lea2Laurie_Lea2 Member Posts: 1
    We've had the problem with stabilitrak/loss of engine power since we bought it. Had 75k miles on it.  Three days after buying it we were on our way to MI to visit family.  Called dealership while on road they said to bring it in.  Explained where we were so to bring in when we got back.  Of course light was off, couldn't do anything.  Couple months later, happened on a Sat.  Brought in next week light was out.  Couldn't do anything again.  Got a recall notice on this problem brought to dealership was told they couldn't do anything because no light was on then.  I took picture of warning dealership said it doesnt help.  Why a recall notice if THEY KNOW ITS A PROBLEM BUT THE LIGHT HAS TO BE ON?  AT 152K MILES NOW AND OF COURSE WONT HONOR RECALL BECAUSE OF MILEAGE!!!!   
    Now we moved to MI because of a medical problem i wanted to be around family.  Have grandkids in car and vehicle will barely go at times.  Almost in several accidents.  Unable to work and on disability now so buying another car out of the question.
    Great job on a recall, at least you can say you put one out so your not responsible
  • Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    That is all that the PIP says, it alerts the techs to check for chaffing.

• Options
    tinactinac Member Posts: 1
    Unfortunately I just purchased a 2009 Pontiac Torrent and I am experiencing all of the same problems, door locks going crazy, all lights going on, loss of engine power, Stablitrack Lights, ABS, Traction Control Lights on. I purchased from a used car dealer and they tried desperately to fix the issues, but everything just came back the same day I picked it up. On the phone with GM now and I am being told that they offered an extended warranty, but it expired in May 2019. I didn't own the vehicle then. GM, why wouldn't this just be a recall? It is a SAFETY issue. I will tell you why you didn't do a recall, because you care more about your bottom line then you do the safety of consumers that your drive your vehicles. The only thing she offered me was to take it to a GM dealer and PAY them to check the vehicle out. This is why people shy away from buying American. I will NEVER buy another GM car. This should HAVE BEEN A RECALL!
  • Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    Things like this are not a warranty issue, cars have parts that wear out and need repaired/replaced from time to time. A TSB or PIP is simply information that "might" help a technician identify a problem faster, but that doesn't mean that is what is wrong with the next car that presents with a similar set of problems.

What you need to do is take this to a shop and have them pull codes from every module on the car in order to start the testing. You would be able to help them alot if you can tell them how frequently the problem is occurring. How far or long you need to drive it in order for it to act up. The fact that the problem is alleviated by turning the vehicle off and restarting.
  • Options
    Torrent23Torrent23 Member Posts: 6
    nursefish said:

The battery died so I got the vehicle boosted. When it started the stabilitrack states that it needs service and the power steering seems to have gone out. Not sure what happened. It is a 2008, low miles. Can anyone explain what happened? :confuse:

Please tell me you found a answer my car did the same thing I need help
  • Options
    Please tell me what you did my car has done the very same thing please help me
  • Options
    gmcustsvc said:

cddrums,
    Are you planning on getting this checked into? If you decide to work with a GM dealership, we're available to assist in that process and can be reached at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and the name of your involved dealership with a brief recap of the situation).

Sarah, GM Customer Service

If there are so many people with this porl
  • Options
    GM needs to fix the problem with this to many people are having this problem I want to know how we can get a recall on on this vehicle it needs it bad l am 71 year old and I can't fix this myself so someone tell me how to go about getting a recall it 2008 and has about 80000thouson Mills on it
  • Options
    Torrent23 said:

GM needs to fix the problem with this to many people are having this problem I want to know how we can get a recall on on this vehicle it needs it bad l am 71 year old and I can't fix this myself so someone tell me how to go about getting a recall it 2008 and has about 80000thouson Mills on it

And l. Can't turn with out power steering
  • Options
    Torrent23 said:

gmcustsvc said:

cddrums,
    Are you planning on getting this checked into? If you decide to work with a GM dealership, we're available to assist in that process and can be reached at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and the name of your involved dealership with a brief recap of the situation).

Sarah, GM Customer Service

If there are so many people with this porl
    The way I understand the dealership can't even fix it that tell me that there is something really wrong with this what are you people going to do when someone really gets hert from this or does from a defective car answer this real soon
  • Options
    WinterjWinterj Member Posts: 1
    Currently having issue... engine power reduced, service stabilitrak, service traction control... all these are on, about a month ago, light came on, was a 'cold start' issue local autozone reset light.... no issues till yesterday (another cold snap) but this time it said my engine power was reduced... they said it's the accelerator pedal sensor. I have new one ordered, over $100, so in the mean time gonna tinker around with the old one, take it off, see if I can clean it and put some electrical connector goo on it.... maybe just maybe it'll work.
  • Options
    Tammy1111Tammy1111 Member Posts: 1
    I have a Pontiac Torrent '07 as well and this happened to me. I had the ekg sensor replaced but that didnt work.

What did work was cleaning the inside of throttle body with cleaner. Apparantly the sensor in there gets dirty in these models and that is what causes the sensor to trip, sending the car into a safety mode with reduced engine power.