Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2019 Honda Clarity Lease Deals and Prices

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
edited March 2019 in Honda
Ask your 2019 Clarity lease questions here! Get info about prices, money factor, deals, incentives, and payments.

Check out the 2019 Honda Clarity here.

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• jassiekjassiek Member Posts: 131
    Hello
    Looking for 2019 Clarity base, incentives, MF , RV zip code 11554  36/12
    Thank You
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    jassiek said:

Hello
    Looking for 2019 Clarity base, incentives, MF , RV zip code 11554  36/12
    Thank You
    .00116 MF and 46% residual

The only incentives are CA and OR, so far ($6000)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rjpbrooklynrjpbrooklyn Member Posts: 12
    Hi thanks in advance. Can I have the MR, residual and incentives for 2019 Clarity Plug in in 11201. 36 months 10K miles.

Hi thanks in advance. Can I have the MR, residual and incentives for 2019 Clarity Plug in in 11201. 36 months 10K miles.

36/12
    Base:
    No lease incentives

If 10K is available, add 1%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mec5215mec5215 Member Posts: 1
    Is this a good deal? I’m in SoCal

2019 Clarity Touring
    $2,000 at signing
    $385 per month (incl tax)
    36 months
    12,000 miles/year
    mec5215 said:

Is this a good deal? I’m in SoCal

2019 Clarity Touring
    $2,000 at signing
    $385 per month (incl tax)
    36 months
    12,000 miles/year
    What is the MSRP?
    Selling price?
    Adjusted CAP cost?
    Sales tax rate?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ThisIsEpicThisIsEpic Member Posts: 5
    What is RV/MF for the touring model? 36/12k, norcal 95134

What is RV/MF for the touring model? 36/12k, norcal 95134

.00116 MF and 45% residual
    $6000 incentive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• aghaniaghani Member Posts: 6
    Hey all!

Looking for Clarity Base and Touring numbers (residual, dealer/incentives, money factors) for a 36/12 in Los Angeles (Zip 91325).

Thank you!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,118
    aghani said:

Hey all!

Looking for Clarity Base and Touring numbers (residual, dealer/incentives, money factors) for a 36/12 in Los Angeles (Zip 91325).

Thank you!

.00116 and 46% / 45%
    $6000 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Michaell said:

aghani said:

Hey all!

Thank you!

.00116 and 46% / 45%
    $6000 lease cash
    Follow-up question for you.

Currently see a lease special on the Honda website for CA/OR customers for $289/mo (excluding tax/etc of course) with $2999 down.

Lease details show MSRP: $34295 with capitalized cost of: $23838. Difference of roughly ~$10450.

How do they come by that difference with $2999 down and $6000 lease cash?

Thanks!
    Michaell said:

aghani said:

Hey all!

Thank you!

.00116 and 46% / 45%
    $6000 lease cash
    Sorry, another question as well.

Say I qualify for such a lease offer (as mentioned above) with a capitalized cost of ~$23800. In the same lease details RV is mentioned at $13718.

If I am to increase the size of my down payment, say instead of $2999 down I go with $8000 down, how does that play out in terms of monthly payments (not asking for specific numbers here just the concept).
    Similarly, if I make a down-payment sizeable enough to make the difference between the RV and cap-cost a few thousand dollars, can I expect monthly payments so be extremely low?

Thanks again!
    aghani said:

Michaell said:

aghani said:

Hey all!

Thank you!

.00116 and 46% / 45%
    $6000 lease cash
    Follow-up question for you.

Currently see a lease special on the Honda website for CA/OR customers for $289/mo (excluding tax/etc of course) with $2999 down.

Lease details show MSRP: $34295 with capitalized cost of: $23838. Difference of roughly ~$10450.

How do they come by that difference with $2999 down and $6000 lease cash?

Thanks!
    There is also a discount from the sticker price by the dealer (aka "Dealer Contribution")

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

aghani said:

Michaell said:

aghani said:

Hey all!

Thank you!

.00116 and 46% / 45%
    $6000 lease cash

Say I qualify for such a lease offer (as mentioned above) with a capitalized cost of ~$23800. In the same lease details RV is mentioned at $13718.

If I am to increase the size of my down payment, say instead of $2999 down I go with $8000 down, how does that play out in terms of monthly payments (not asking for specific numbers here just the concept).
    Similarly, if I make a down-payment sizeable enough to make the difference between the RV and cap-cost a few thousand dollars, can I expect monthly payments so be extremely low?

Thanks again!
    More down payment equates to a lower monthly payment. It's simple math.

But - here's the risk. You put $8000 down on your new car, and it gets totaled on your drive home from the dealer. The insurance only covers the remaining lease obligation (35 payments of $xxx/mo). You lose the up front cash.

And, it doesn't really change the total cost of the lease - you're just front loading it.

Would you give your landlord $8000 in rent, up front, to have a lower payment? The whole idea behind a lease is to pay as you go.

My recommendation is to pay only the first payment and DMV costs up front, and add everything else into the lease payment - fees, etc. And, skip any sort of down payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited March 2019
    Michaell said:

aghani said:

Michaell said:

aghani said:

Hey all!

Thank you!

.00116 and 46% / 45%
    $6000 lease cash

Thanks again!

But - here's the risk. You put $8000 down on your new car, and it gets totaled on your drive home from the dealer. The insurance only covers the remaining lease obligation (35 payments of $xxx/mo). You lose the up front cash.

And, it doesn't really change the total cost of the lease - you're just front loading it.

Would you give your landlord $8000 in rent, up front, to have a lower payment? The whole idea behind a lease is to pay as you go.

My recommendation is to pay only the first payment and DMV costs up front, and add everything else into the lease payment - fees, etc. And, skip any sort of down payment.
    All makes perfect sense, I see your point clearly.

But humor me and walk me through this hypothetical scenario that I may be considering.

Say that I take advantage of the lease offer as explained above and I go with a large down-payment enough to make the difference between the RV and cap-cost just $2000. In that scenario, say a few months later down the line I decide I want to buyout the car. What might I be expecting in terms of total cost associated with the early termination and buyout?

I know I'd have to pay the difference between cap-cost and RV (but considering a large down-payment) that would only be around $2000, then I'd have an early termination-fee (not sure how much those go for), I'd have the RV (plus purchase-option fee??), and lastly any sales taxes.

How would you say that scenario plays out?

I understand I would lose money in terms of an early-termination fee but assume in my scenario that I *have* to put down a large down-payment (of money that is given through a local program, so I'm not at a loss putting down that large down-payment).

What do you think?

Thanks again.
    aghani said:

Michaell said:

aghani said:

Michaell said:

aghani said:

Hey all!

Thank you!

.00116 and 46% / 45%
    $6000 lease cash

Thanks again!

All makes perfect sense, I see your point clearly.

But humor me and walk me through this hypothetical scenario that I may be considering.

Say that I take advantage of the lease offer as explained above and I go with a large down-payment enough to make the difference between the RV and cap-cost just $2000. In that scenario, say a few months later down the line I decide I want to buyout the car. What might I be expecting in terms of total cost associated with the early termination and buyout?

I know I'd have to pay the difference between cap-cost and RV (but considering a large down-payment) that would only be around $2000, then I'd have an early termination-fee (not sure how much those go for), I'd have the RV (plus purchase-option fee??), and lastly any sales taxes.

How would you say that scenario plays out?

I understand I would lose money in terms of an early-termination fee but assume in my scenario that I *have* to put down a large down-payment (of money that is given through a local program, so I'm not at a loss putting down that large down-payment).

What do you think?

Thanks again.
    You've sort of lost me?

Why initiate a lease, only to buy it out?

You'll pay lease specific fees for no reason.

If you want to keep the car past the lease term, just buy it from the start.

And, the buyout is roughly the residual value plus the sum of the remaining payments.

What local program is this where you'll get money for a down payment?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Suffice it to say, the program (replace your ride) offers up to $9500 down towards the lease/purchase of a plug-in vehicle.

The benefit of going for the lease is that the $7500 federal tax credit (which is what I'm assuming the $6000 lease cash mostly stems from) is taken by Honda and passed down to the customer as incentive (I'm assuming).

Whereas if I purchase the vehicle outright, I'll put the $9500 down (via RYR) and the only way I might benefit from the federal tax credit is if I have some tax liability in 2019 up to $7500. However, in my specific circumstance, I expect to be able to get a tax refund without even taking the plug-in federal tax credit which makes it useless to me. Thus, I've lost out on being able to capitalize on maximal savings.

If I lease the vehicle I get some of the benefit from the federal tax credit via the lease cash AND can put $9500 down (through RYR) and really close the gap between cap-cost and RV. I can then buy it outright in a few months after saving some cash and sure, I might be paying a little extra in terms of termination fees, but I don't think it would be anything near the $6000 lease credit passed on to me to begin with.

Does that make a little more sense?

What do you think?
    aghani said:

Suffice it to say, the program (replace your ride) offers up to $9500 down towards the lease/purchase of a plug-in vehicle.

The benefit of going for the lease is that the $7500 federal tax credit (which is what I'm assuming the $6000 lease cash mostly stems from) is taken by Honda and passed down to the customer as incentive (I'm assuming).

Whereas if I purchase the vehicle outright, I'll put the $9500 down (via RYR) and the only way I might benefit from the federal tax credit is if I have some tax liability in 2019 up to $7500. However, in my specific circumstance, I expect to be able to get a tax refund without even taking the plug-in federal tax credit which makes it useless to me. Thus, I've lost out on being able to capitalize on maximal savings.

If I lease the vehicle I get some of the benefit from the federal tax credit via the lease cash AND can put $9500 down (through RYR) and really close the gap between cap-cost and RV. I can then buy it outright in a few months after saving some cash and sure, I might be paying a little extra in terms of termination fees, but I don't think it would be anything near the $6000 lease credit passed on to me to begin with.

Does that make a little more sense?

What do you think?

I just looked - there is also $6000 dealer cash on a purchase, too.

That might change the calculus on your buy vs. lease decision.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• withaCHandIEwithaCHandIE Member Posts: 1
    Does the $6000 dealer cash or lease cash still exist for 91016? One dealer has offered it and the other says it doesn't exist. Does anyone have any current lease offers they have gotten in the LA/SoCal area?

Does the $6000 dealer cash or lease cash still exist for 91016? One dealer has offered it and the other says it doesn't exist. Does anyone have any current lease offers they have gotten in the LA/SoCal area?

I still show it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bkniceleybkniceley Member Posts: 4
    Can I have the MF, Residual, and incentives for 36/12k in zip 60189 for both base/touring trims? 
    bkniceley said:

Can I have the MF, Residual, and incentives for 36/12k in zip 60189 for both base/touring trims? 

The Clarity lease program is not supported in IL

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• yjaganryjaganr Member Posts: 37
    Can I have the residual/money factor/incentives/discounts for 2019 Clarity PLUG-IN base and touring for 36/12, zip 95630
    yjaganr said:

Can I have the residual/money factor/incentives/discounts for 2019 Clarity PLUG-IN base and touring for 36/12, zip 95630

.00116 MF
    46%/45% residual for Base/Touring
    $6000 incentive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• iangardiangard Member Posts: 22
    Could I please have the residual, money factor and incentives for a 2019 Clarity plugin base AND touring 36/12 in 08221?
    iangard said:

Could I please have the residual, money factor and incentives for a 2019 Clarity plugin base AND touring 36/12 in 08221?

.00116 and 46% (base) or 45% (Touring)
    No lease incentives for your ZIP code

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• a1fred1eea1fred1ee Member Posts: 3
    When does the 6000 incentive end? (In California)
    a1fred1ee said:

When does the 6000 incentive end? (In California)

The March programs end, today, and new incentives start tomorrow.

We don't know the programs, yet, but I would be shocked if the incentives ended or were reduced.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• iangardiangard Member Posts: 22
    Checking back in for April. Could I please have the residual, money factor and incentives for 2019 clarity base and touring in 08221?   36/12k.   Thank you. 
    iangard said:

Checking back in for April. Could I please have the residual, money factor and incentives for 2019 clarity base and touring in 08221?   36/12k.   Thank you. 

.00116 MF

The only incentives are for the states of CA and OR.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Ketrinh89Ketrinh89 Member Posts: 7
    Could I please have the residual, money factor and incentives for 2019 clarity base and touring in 91780?   36/12k.   Thank you. 
    Ketrinh89 said:

Could I please have the residual, money factor and incentives for 2019 clarity base and touring in 91780?   36/12k.   Thank you. 

.00116 and 46% (base) or 45% (touring)
    $6000 incentive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Ketrinh89Ketrinh89 Member Posts: 7
    Michaell said:
    .00116 and 46% (base) or 45% (touring) $6000 incentive

Thank you. Can you provide details on the incentive ? Is it just $6,000 that gets credited to my final lease price? 
    Ketrinh89 said:

Michaell said:

Ketrinh89 said:

.00116 and 46% (base) or 45% (touring)
    $6000 incentive

Thank you. Can you provide details on the incentive ? Is it just $6,000 that gets credited to my final lease price? 

It is a Honda-to-dealer incentive that is hopefully reflected in a low selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• TedMarshallTedMarshall Member Posts: 3
    Numbers for Clarity PIH base lease 36/12K in95136? Thanks

Numbers for Clarity PIH base lease 36/12K in95136? Thanks

$6000 incentive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• spice568nmspice568nm Guest Posts: 24
    edited May 2019
    Hi. Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but do you have the numbers/incentives for a 2019 Clarity Fuel Cell Vehicle, 92128. Interested in the 36/20k lase program. Been having a tough time finding much info...

Thanks to all for your valuable help!

Hi. Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but do you have the numbers/incentives for a 2019 Clarity Fuel Cell Vehicle, 92128. Interested in the 36/20k lase program. Been having a tough time finding much info...

Thanks to all for your valuable help!

Sorry, but we only have lease information for the PHEV.

With no residuals listed for the Fuel Cell model, I'd assume that it is not eligible for leases. But, check with a dealer that actually has one.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• HozayjiHozayji Member Posts: 38
    Hello,
    What is the MF , RV and Incentives for all 2019 trims 12k/36mons Zip Code 11377? 
    Hozayji said:

Hello,
    What is the MF , RV and Incentives for all 2019 trims 12k/36mons Zip Code 11377? 

.00116 MF

No incentives, except in CA or OR

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• SweetySweety Member Posts: 27
    Can you please let me know RV/MF/Any rebates for 2019 clarity base and touring in 94568 zip code ( I am looking to explore 12K/15K mileage)
    Sweety said:

Can you please let me know RV/MF/Any rebates for 2019 clarity base and touring in 94568 zip code ( I am looking to explore 12K/15K mileage)

36/15
    .00116 and 43%
    $6000 incentive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• OGdOGOGdOG Member Posts: 25
    Hi looking for the MF RD incentives on each the various trim levels in 90065. Thanks again for all the help!
    OGdOG said:

Hi looking for the MF RD incentives on each the various trim levels in 90065. Thanks again for all the help!

What term and mileage allowance?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• OGdOGOGdOG Member Posts: 25
    kyfdx said:
    Sorry 12/36 mo thanks!
    OGdOG said:

kyfdx said:

OGdOG said:

Sorry 12/36 mo thanks!

.00116 MF
    $6000 dealer incentive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Oppressed77Oppressed77 Member Posts: 13
    Could I please have the residual, money factor and incentives for a 2019 Clarity plugin Touring 36/12 in 95831?

Could I please have the residual, money factor and incentives for a 2019 Clarity plugin Touring 36/12 in 95831?

.00116 and 45%
    $6000 incentive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• WUBBALUBBAWUBBALUBBA Member Posts: 3
    Are there any updates to the lease incentive?
    If I lease, do I subtract the lease incentive as well as the federal tax credit?
    Is there room for dealer discount as well on top of those numbers?

Are there any updates to the lease incentive?
    If I lease, do I subtract the lease incentive as well as the federal tax credit?
    Is there room for dealer discount as well on top of those numbers?

Total Cash of $6000 includes:
    $6000 Honda Clarity PHEV Dealer/Lease/Finance Offer - CA and OR exp. 07/08/2019

If you lease, you don't get the tax credit.
    You also don't get the incentive (the dealer does)
    But, you should definitely get a discount that encompasses the tax credit + more.

If you buy, the dealer still gets this incentive (and, you get a big discount)
    + you are eligible for the Federal tax credit. (next year, when you file your taxes)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator